shape
carat
color
clarity

Peru....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/20288105/

I'm surprised to see nobody has posted about this. I was travelling last night so I only heard about it this morning
7.gif

How devastating...it is just so sad.

My prayers go out to all the people that lost a loved one and out for the entire country in this tough time...

M~

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
oh my goodness, thanks for posting - i hadn''t heard yet!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
I know...I only heard this morning and it''s just terrible.

Looks like an entire coastal city was nearly destroyed. You can just see in the pictures the expressions of people...they look lost, in shock, just devastated. How terrifying to go through something like this.

Over 330 people dead (officially). My mom, who''s in Venezuela, says it''s non-stop all over the news there...and they think the death toll is much higher than that.

7.gif

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 9:53:03 AM
Author: Mandarine
Over 330 people dead (officially). My mom, who''s in Venezuela, says it''s non-stop all over the news there...and they think the death toll is much higher than that.

7.gif

That''s so sad
8.gif

I hope this doesn''t sound too selfish, but I guess I feel even more shaken up by it because my friend is heading there in a week.
I''m so glad he wasn''t already there...

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gosh, how sad and scary! Prayers out going for the peoople of Peru.

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 10:05:26 AM
Author: lsyama

Date: 8/16/2007 9:53:03 AM
Author: Mandarine

7.gif

That''s so sad
8.gif

I hope this doesn''t sound too selfish, but I guess I feel even more shaken up by it because my friend is heading there in a week.
I''m so glad he wasn''t already there...

I''m glad he wasn''t there already either!!! Is he still going?.

Apparently they even felt it in Ecuador! There were Tsunami warnings for other countries afterwards, but I think nothing really happenned...Thank God!

And now it looks like hurricane season is starting to pick up. Mother nature is just not very happy right now
15.gif

M~

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
my fiance was born in Peru and his family (including his father) live near Lima. Please keep them in your prayers.....we have been unable to reach anyone so far.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
cdt1101 - hoping the best for your fiance''s family...
I hope you''re able to get in touch with them soon!

Mandarine - I''m not sure how my friend''s plans will be affected by this

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 10:43:02 AM
Author: cdt1101
my fiance was born in Peru and his family (including his father) live near Lima. Please keep them in your prayers.....we have been unable to reach anyone so far.
oh cdt, I''m so sorry to hear this. I will keep them in my prayers. I hope you guys can reach them soon...the lines must be jammed...

Please keep us posted!!
5.gif

M~

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I heard it on NPR this morning. That''s just so awful.

cdt1101, I''m keeping your family (and his) in my thoughts, hoping that everyone is well and safe.

robbie3982

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 10:43:02 AM

I''ll be keeping his family in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you hear from them soon!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
thank you ladies....i will keep you posted on any news we hear...nothing yet
8.gif

IrishAngel7982

Brilliant_Rock
I hadn''t heard about this either...thanks for posting Mandarine. It is so sad.
39.gif

cdt, my prayers are outgoing to your fiance''s family. I hope you hear from them soon.
15.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
prayers outgoing

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
we finally reached both sides of the family. My fiance spoke w/ his dad and everyone is ok. They live about an hour from where the quake hit. They felt it, but it wasn''t too bad where they live. Thank you everyone for your prayers...it was a stressful day!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I hadn't heard about this either. How sad.
39.gif
My thoughts go out to those affected by this devastating earthquake.

cdt, that's great news! So glad to hear they are all ok!

wolftress

Brilliant_Rock
This is so sad
8.gif

Thank you for posting it, Mandarine. I hadn''t heard about it... my heart really goes out to the families who''ve lost their loved ones.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another terrible situation, my heart goes out to everyone involved. Chrono, I listen to NPR frequently...I used to have it on all the time at my desk when I was working in an office job. I got laid off in June and haven''t had the radio on much but have relied on the internet for my news. I need to tune back in to NPR, I love listening to the news and all the other programs.

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
my fiance was able to talk to his father more last night, and it''s just so sad. He was describing all the looting going on now and people sleeping on the streets because their homes are destroyed. His family is in Lima, which is about 85 miles from the worst hit areas. His father said it was such a long quake that people thought the world was ending and were just dropping to their knees in prayer....so upsetting. I cannot even imagine what the people in Peru are going thru right now. We have a trip planned in October (i''ve never been and want to meet his father before the wedding day) to go. My fiance still wants to go, but we''ll see what the next few months bring.

lsyama

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/16/2007 6:18:48 PM
we finally reached both sides of the family. My fiance spoke w/ his dad and everyone is ok. They live about an hour from where the quake hit. They felt it, but it wasn''t too bad where they live. Thank you everyone for your prayers...it was a stressful day!

I''m so glad to hear your fiance''s family is okay!

Mandarine

Ideal_Rock
cdt, I''m glad your FI''s family is ok!!!!. It''s so sad to hear the aituation there..like you say, I can''t even imagine how terrifying it was to go through that.

M~

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results