shape
carat
color
clarity

Personal time - sneaking away to watch the World Cup

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gotta go, the Tivo is catching what I missed so far, but I can not think of work another minute.

Go USA!

Wink

princesss

Ideal_Rock
It''s an exciting game. I''m so happy I don''t have to be at work until 1.

And it got more exciting as I typed this.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
BWAH! I''m not a sports person, but I have been intrigued by how much more buzz the World Cup seems to have in the U.S. this year than in years past. I don''t think we''ll ever be a soccer nation on par with the rest of the world but...who knows?

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
OH MY GOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a shame we had such a horrible referee. (I was a ref for fifteen years, 13 of them at the State level, but you did not need to be a ref ever to know that this one was horrible!) I suspect he will not be allowed to work any more games, what an embarrassment to the profession!

He clearly stole the winning goal from us, but after being down 2 - nil, it was an exciting game and we will take the tie.

Oh my goodness, I felt a little abashed when I realized I was jumping up and down and screaming at the top of my lungs in an empty room with only me and the TV. Poor dogs must have wondered why dad was going insane...

I must go take another shower and calm down, I am still trembling with the excitement of the second half. I nearly turned it off after the first half to come work, but decided to take my medicine now rather than dreading it all afternoon.

Whew! What an exciting way to spend the morning. I am almost glad this only happens once every four years, my heart just can''t take much more of this!

Wink

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I KNOW!

That actually happened right after I typed my post above. I was shaking I was so mad. BF and I were ranting and raving at the TV, and I came into work and my boss and a coworker and I were all talking about it. That was an absolutely atrocious call. I'll be interested to see what the official word is from him on why he made it - there are a lot of angry fans right now. We deserved that win.

I can't believe I almost didn't watch the second half. I just wish the US had played like this in the first half! We need to start playing with that much passion and energy in the beginning instead of worrying about catching up!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Whenever I get a chance, I''ve been sneaking a peek at CNN''s website to see the latest on how the US is doing -- pretty amazing game! I can''t watch it live; I''d get even less done than I usually do on a Friday!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2010 2:41:22 PM
Author: sarap333
Whenever I get a chance, I''ve been sneaking a peek at CNN''s website to see the latest on how the US is doing -- pretty amazing game! I can''t watch it live; I''d get even less done than I usually do on a Friday!
LOL! You work on a World Cup Friday!

What is wrong with us???

Wink

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
The ref was awful!!! Talk about a stolen goal! It''s so funny - I went onto FB after the game and almost every post was about how crappy the ref was and how that call made NO sense.

Wink, my BF and I are at home 24/7 studying for the bar so he''s been watching every single game on TiVo!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/18/2010 6:32:25 PM
Author: Brown.Eyed.Girl
The ref was awful!!! Talk about a stolen goal! It''s so funny - I went onto FB after the game and almost every post was about how crappy the ref was and how that call made NO sense.

Wink, my BF and I are at home 24/7 studying for the bar so he''s been watching every single game on TiVo!
I tivo them all, then watch them. Repeat as necessary.

Poor wife is NOT liking it all that much, but she lets me do it once every four years...

Wink

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
We Brits are none too happy, Mr Gailey is about to take up knitting.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/19/2010 2:03:05 AM
Author: Gailey
We Brits are none too happy, Mr Gailey is about to take up knitting.
Somehow my Tivo did not record that game, but I see you managed to tie at nil-nil.

That will make for an interesting situation for our last group play game.

Wink

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results