shape
carat
color
clarity

People that walk their dogs without a leash arrgghh

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It drives me crazy when I see people do this.

I don't care what the leash laws are - I don't care how well trained you think your dog is, it's still an animal that in one second can react the wrong way and jump in front of a car, attack another animal, run away, etc.

So that's how I feel...

Some people just moved across the street and they constantly have their little puppy off a leash. The dog has RAN TO ME from across the street and when the kid came chasing after it, I asked him, with the calmest and friendliest smile I could muster "oh, how come he's not on leash?" to which he responded and his mother jumped right in that he "doesn't move around that much."

Huh hello your dog just RAN across the street.

I've seen them CHASE the dog all the way to the corner, I've seen the dog run circles around another dog on a leash.

I feel like this dog is an accident waiting to happen, none of it his fault. He's either going to cause harm to someone else (from someone veering to not hit him) or kill himself or get injured...or hurt another animal (even though he seems very friendly) :(sad Worse she's teaching her 5-6 year old kid it's OK to do this.

I don't know if to say anything, or HOW. I never come off neutral because I so hate when people do this I can't hide my disapproval in my voice or in my energy. I end up coming across very uptight - which I guess I am.

But I feel I need to do SOMETHING.

Any ideas?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So reckless/irresponsible/unsafe for the dog. :nono:

I would ask the mother, in the nicest tone possible, with a pleasant expression: "Do you need help with buying a leash for your dog?"

Is there a leash law where you live? If these people do not start leashing their dog and there is no excuse for them not to, I would report it to the proper authorities.

My advice is based on dealing with neighbors who can't seem to treat their animals humanely. After one couple left their tiny little shitzhu out in the cold several nights, another neighbor knocked on their door and told them they needed to let their dog inside. They promptly screamed at her and threatened to shoot her if she ever set foot on their property again. So very classy. I'll leave any further opinions of them out of this because I have nothing nice to say. :silenced: :sick: :wall:

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
:wall:

This is one of my pet peeves too.. along with those retractable leashes (which, do nothing if the dog absolutely wants to chase something). I've had little dogs come up and attack my sweet boy while the owner runs screaming at ME asking that my dog not "attack" theirs... my dog despite being big, is a big wuss and had his tail tucked between his legs and I just scooped up my dog and walked away.

If there is a leash law, maybe report it to animal control? This completely unsafe for the dog, for the kid, for anyone actually.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1427392412|3852781 said:

This is one of my pet peeves too.. along with those retractable leashes (which, do nothing if the dog absolutely wants to chase something). I've had little dogs come up and attack my sweet boy while the owner runs screaming at ME asking that my dog not "attack" theirs... my dog despite being big, is a big wuss and had his tail tucked between his legs and I just scooped up my dog and walked away.

If there is a leash law, maybe report it to animal control? This completely unsafe for the dog, for the kid, for anyone actually.

Those are the worst. They can also injure human hands, and just aren't safe in general. 6' leather or webbing leads are best. CJ, maybe you can buy them an appropriate, inexpensive leash and leave it on their door with a little note saying "thought you might find this useful." :lol:

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does your town have a leash law?

I will share this. I had a tenant who moved into my old house in my old neighborhood. She was there for a few days. When she called me to go over a few things, she mentioned that she had been letting her dog out the front door off-leash and that she got the impression that the neighbors weren't happy about it. She said when she lived wherever on Long Island, that she always left her dog off-leash and no one cared. I told her that EVERYONE walks their dogs on leash only, that it's required by local regulation and that is why the neighbors were put-off by it. From that point forward, she said she would only have him on leash, and I assume she did.

Assuming you have a local leash law, I would absolutely call the Animal Control Officer. It is not safe for the dog, for the child running after him who may not be as alert to on-coming vehicles or for traffic in the area. What if people swerve to avoid and then goodness knows what happens!?! Also, I ALWAYS stop to try to get loose dogs into my car so that I can either call their owners if there's a tag, or Animal Control if there is not. Life would be a lot easier if everyone just kept their dogs on a leash!!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1427392135|3852779 said:

I would ask the mother, in the nicest tone possible, with a pleasant expression: "Do you need help with buying a leash for your dog?"

Is there a leash law where you live? If these people do not start leashing their dog and there is no excuse for them not to, I would report it to the proper authorities.

My advice is based on dealing with neighbors who can't seem to treat their animals humanely. After one couple left their tiny little shitzhu out in the cold several nights, another neighbor knocked on their door and told them they needed to let their dog inside. They promptly screamed at her and threatened to shoot her if she ever set foot on their property again. So very classy. I'll leave any further opinions of them out of this because I have nothing nice to say. :silenced: :sick: :wall:

I don't know why people are so horrible. I would just take the dog and find him a new home (oh, that's assuming he's out on the street and not in their fenced yard or something like that.) If that were the case, then I'd just call animal control. I really really try to no longer deal with people who are mean, in any way, let alone threatening. How awful!!!

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I love dogs. I have a large dog who I adore. We had dogs growing up. But I'm totally with you on this one. Bear with me, this is going to turn into a rant.

I have a few too many idiot neighbours that either:
1. are careless and let their dogs run out of the yard and into the road...they seem to think it's 'cute' and assume that it's not a nuisance to anyone else. and/or
2. let their dogs bark non-stop in their backyards.

Both of these behaviours are unacceptable to me. I do not let my dog do these things. I try to be a respectful dog owner, I understand not everyone likes dogs.

As for retractable leashes, they are ridiculous and pointless. Especially for large, strong dogs. A couple months ago, I was driving in my neighborhood, low speed as I had just turned out of the alley. I see my neighbour walking her large Boxer on the sidewalk. (I've always been leery of this dog and its owners - the owners cross the street when approaching people/dogs and they 'exercise' their dog by driving their car while holding onto the leash through the window (it's so dangerous!).) I could see that her dog was eyeing the headlights of my car in a weird way, he was tracking them. I slowed down further as I approached and, low and behold, her dog runs off the sidewalk, barking and leaping at the headlights of my car. I was sure I was going to hit him - this is my second biggest fear with driving, other than hitting a human being, is killing someone's pet. It's winter, it's icy, there are snow piles along side the road. I braked, steered away from the dog (who kept coming after the vehicle, it was completely crazy) and my car just missed hitting the snowbank. I got out of my vehicle, the owner was SO CAVALIER about the situation, 'oh he hasn't gotten much exercise this winter...oh my retractable leash is broken so, you know, I couldn't stop him from running out in front of your vehicle'...I was LIVID. I still am, really. I went off on her a bit, told her she needed to have control of her dog at all times and that they also shouldn't be exercising their dog using their vehicle! She did apologize but honestly, I don't think she got it. I should also add that while I was speaking to her, she was allowing her dog to come right up to me, smell and jump up (not on, just up) near me...WHAT IF I DIDN"T LIKE DOGS?!!! ARGHHHH. I should add I was 6 months pregnant on top of it, I'm really glad I didn't hit the snowpile and have the airbags go off. Anyway, I spent the rest of the morning trying to flush out the adrenaline rush I got from thinking I just about killed someone's dog. Clearly, I am not over this.

And I have other stories of stupid and inconsiderate dog owners in my neighborhood. But I do love dogs, just not always their owners.

Sorry for the sideline but I needed to get that off my chest!

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys - I'll respond better later.

I have to say, it feels good to hear other people feel the same I do.

I always think I'm a little...crazy...when it comes to animals. I just always picture the worst thing happening. :sick:

I just looked up the law:

(a) It shall be unlawful for any dog to be off the owner’s property unless the dog is under the restraint or control of a person by means of a leash, chain or other device, is caged/crated, or is sufficiently near his handler to be under his direct control and is obedient to that handler’s commands.

I mean, it's OBVIOUS this woman or her kid doesn't have the dog under direct control...

But this law is kind of infuriating.

How am I supposed to tell this when I see a dog off a leash? How is this supposed to make me feel safe? I have to GUESS a dog has been properly trained? :angryfire:

I called Animal Control for their advice...they suggested I print out the law and show it to her...and make it more about the safety of her child...she suggested she might not be educated about the law...

It all makes so much sense, I know the right approach is a neutral calm one, yet I *know* I am not the right person for this job. I'm afraid I won't be able to keep my cool and I won't like myself afterwards...especially because I've seen a glimpse of her attitude already...

And, I'm a little embarrassed to admit this...I'm afraid of a possible confrontation, too.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1427396154|3852798 said:
I love dogs. I have a large dog who I adore. We had dogs growing up. But I'm totally with you on this one. Bear with me, this is going to turn into a rant.

I have a few too many idiot neighbours that either:
1. are careless and let their dogs run out of the yard and into the road...they seem to think it's 'cute' and assume that it's not a nuisance to anyone else. and/or
2. let their dogs bark non-stop in their backyards.

Both of these behaviours are unacceptable to me. I do not let my dog do these things. I try to be a respectful dog owner, I understand not everyone likes dogs.

As for retractable leashes, they are ridiculous and pointless. Especially for large, strong dogs. A couple months ago, I was driving in my neighborhood, low speed as I had just turned out of the alley. I see my neighbour walking her large Boxer on the sidewalk. (I've always been leery of this dog and its owners - the owners cross the street when approaching people/dogs and they 'exercise' their dog by driving their car while holding onto the leash through the window (it's so dangerous!).) I could see that her dog was eyeing the headlights of my car in a weird way, he was tracking them. I slowed down further as I approached and, low and behold, her dog runs off the sidewalk, barking and leaping at the headlights of my car. I was sure I was going to hit him - this is my second biggest fear with driving, other than hitting a human being, is killing someone's pet. It's winter, it's icy, there are snow piles along side the road. I braked, steered away from the dog (who kept coming after the vehicle, it was completely crazy) and my car just missed hitting the snowbank. I got out of my vehicle, the owner was SO CAVALIER about the situation, 'oh he hasn't gotten much exercise this winter...oh my retractable leash is broken so, you know, I couldn't stop him from running out in front of your vehicle'...I was LIVID. I still am, really. I went off on her a bit, told her she needed to have control of her dog at all times and that they also shouldn't be exercising their dog using their vehicle! She did apologize but honestly, I don't think she got it. I should also add that while I was speaking to her, she was allowing her dog to come right up to me, smell and jump up (not on, just up) near me...WHAT IF I DIDN"T LIKE DOGS?!!! ARGHHHH. I should add I was 6 months pregnant on top of it, I'm really glad I didn't hit the snowpile and have the airbags go off. Anyway, I spent the rest of the morning trying to flush out the adrenaline rush I got from thinking I just about killed someone's dog. Clearly, I am not over this.

And I have other stories of stupid and inconsiderate dog owners in my neighborhood. But I do love dogs, just not always their owners.

Sorry for the sideline but I needed to get that off my chest!

Oh maccers let me make one thing clear (not saying at all that you think I'm not, but it's important for me to get this out there, in case I didn't)...I'm a total animal lover...dogs included...the main "driver" / motivation for me behind all this is that I don't want to see that dog splattered...

ETA: that's actually how I feel and what I say to myself when I see this..."idiot" - this is how I know it would very very difficult for me to not let that show if I go talk to that lady.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1427392135|3852779 said:

Animal Control actually suggested buying a leash and handing it to her as in like "oh, I have an extra one, would you like it?"

I don't know if I can do it while looking pleasant...

Might be a better job for DH...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Resonance.Of.Life|1427392412|3852781 said:

Oh, your poor baby :(sad

I'm afraid of this too...there are a lot of ducks around here...and other animals...and stray cats...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Loves Vintage|1427394476|3852793 said:
Does your town have a leash law?

I will share this. I had a tenant who moved into my old house in my old neighborhood. She was there for a few days. When she called me to go over a few things, she mentioned that she had been letting her dog out the front door off-leash and that she got the impression that the neighbors weren't happy about it. She said when she lived wherever on Long Island, that she always left her dog off-leash and no one cared. I told her that EVERYONE walks their dogs on leash only, that it's required by local regulation and that is why the neighbors were put-off by it. From that point forward, she said she would only have him on leash, and I assume she did.

Assuming you have a local leash law, I would absolutely call the Animal Control Officer. It is not safe for the dog, for the child running after him who may not be as alert to on-coming vehicles or for traffic in the area. What if people swerve to avoid and then goodness knows what happens!?! Also, I ALWAYS stop to try to get loose dogs into my car so that I can either call their owners if there's a tag, or Animal Control if there is not. Life would be a lot easier if everyone just kept their dogs on a leash!!

I hear you LV.

I think my first approach - although I will ask DH if he's willing - because I'm too uptight (and too chicken, I'll admit) - is to go talk to her...

And then if she still ignores it I will tell her about calling Animal Control - so I give her fair warning that she's going to get a citation...

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
CJ2008|1427397435|3852809 said:
Oh maccers let me make one thing clear (not saying at all that you think I'm not, but it's important for me to get this out there, in case I didn't)...I'm a total animal lover...dogs included...the main "driver" / motivation for me behind all this is that I don't want to see that dog splattered...

ETA: that's actually how I feel and what I say to myself when I see this..."idiot" - this is how I know it would very very difficult for me to not let that show if I go talk to that lady.

Yup, I totally understand what you're saying.

I was just pointing out (indirectly) that even dog owners/lovers are not immune to the nuisances posed by inconsiderate/idiotic pet owners. Most (I hope) owners are responsible but it just takes a few bad owners to make a really terrible impression.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would have said to her, you are lucky your dog hasn't been run over by a car or worse still one of your kids accidentally hit by a car chasing the dog and not looking. People like this are complete idiots. I have 5 dogs and none of them are ever allowed to be out of control ie off a leash unless they are being carried or they are in a secure enclosed area where they cannot get out.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
maccers|1427405807|3852877 said:
CJ2008|1427397435|3852809 said:

Yup, I totally understand what you're saying.

I was just pointing out (indirectly) that even dog owners/lovers are not immune to the nuisances posed by inconsiderate/idiotic pet owners. Most (I hope) owners are responsible but it just takes a few bad owners to make a really terrible impression.

Right, I see. I'm with you...

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1427407460|3852888 said:
I would have said to her, you are lucky your dog hasn't been run over by a car or worse still one of your kids accidentally hit by a car chasing the dog and not looking. People like this are complete idiots. I have 5 dogs and none of them are ever allowed to be out of control ie off a leash unless they are being carried or they are in a secure enclosed area where they cannot get out.

arkie, that is along the lines of what I WANTED to say, but as often happens to me, in the moment, I either freeze (because I'm fuming inside), come off neurotic (because I let the fumes come out) or in this case (which I can VERY rarely do) put a smile on and tried to question the kid re: a leash. But that is so difficult for me to do that by the time the mom jumped in I had used up my smile face. :sick:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bothers to me to no end because I'm always afraid the poor dog will get hit by a car. My dog is a runner. As soon as she sees a rabbit she will take off running. There is no way I would ever not have her on a leash. It's just too dangerous and she means the world to us.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1427424014|3853045 said:
This bothers to me to no end because I'm always afraid the poor dog will get hit by a car. My dog is a runner. As soon as she sees a rabbit she will take off running. There is no way I would ever not have her on a leash. It's just too dangerous and she means the world to us.

This is so worrisome. I don't get people who are so careless with their animals. Either they are clueless or they just don't give a darn as to what happens to their pets and I prefer to believe the former. It makes me angry and upset and just aggravated. They should make people take a test before having kids or animals to make sure they will be good caregivers. ::)

I hope she becomes a more responsible pet owner and is a good neighbor CJ but not sure how you can teach someone to be more responsible and smart. Stupid is so easy and common sense so elusive for so many it seems. :((

Good luck. I hope she realizes the dangers of keeping her dog unleashed and that her dog remains safe.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do off leash my dog when we hike but never by super busy streets. She's a greyhound and no matter how good her recall is (which is really good for a greyhound) she still can still lose her doggy mind at times.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy and Callie...we'll see what happens. I haven't seen the lady the last couple of days...and I haven't talked to DH yet, but will.

Arcadian What does recall mean? Like when you call her, she comes to you? But yes, I really believe that no matter how well a dog is trained he/she can lose their doggie mind ::)

I've be open to be proven wrong with certain kinds of training (e.g., police trained dogs) - but still...I feel like if you're in a "regular" situation (walking through your community, etc.) it is ALWAYS better if the dog is leashed.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ2008|1427482572|3853358 said:
Thanks Missy and Callie...we'll see what happens. I haven't seen the lady the last couple of days...and I haven't talked to DH yet, but will.

Arcadian What does recall mean? Like when you call her, she comes to you? But yes, I really believe that no matter how well a dog is trained he/she can lose their doggie mind ::)

I've be open to be proven wrong with certain kinds of training (e.g., police trained dogs) - but still...I feel like if you're in a "regular" situation (walking through your community, etc.) it is ALWAYS better if the dog is leashed.

Yes, thats basically what it means. For us, its a daily exercise. Sight hounds, because of their nature to go after small things that move, and because some can have a high prey drive, can sometimes ignore recall, so its good to know your pups personality and know when they're about to be do some silly doggy thing and teach them what is or is not acceptable. Some greys can never be off leash unless they're in an enclosed area because their prey drive is too high.

I have done some situational training with her, because it was really necessary. While my belief is that in highly populated areas your pet should be under your control via a leash, and its the law anyway for most cities and towns, sometimes depending on the situation, you may be without the leash or, you may be in an emergency situation where you may lose control of the leash for whatever reason.

So to that end I taught her how she should react 'off leash' in densely populated areas. She does very well with it, but again, you have to continually train the pup so that they do as you expect.

For instance, I have on purpose dropped her leash on the onset that it could and does happen. Thats about as off leash as I get if its not a park. I taught her to stop as soon as that leash drops (she does, it was easy enough to teach). I tell her to come to me and she comes. She doesn't run away at her sudden freedom :lol: This is something that really needs to be taught and repeated regularly. I started on some streets with very little traffic, then bigger streets, and eventually the highway. Yes I know some may think thats crazy, but honestly you don't know what will happen so its good that your dog learns to NOT freak out when cars are whizzing past them, and, you DO have to work up to it. Don't start them out on a highway!

Over the winter on one of our walks, in a particular busy area I lost my footing and went flying and I lost control of the leash. The dog did as her training instructed, she stopped. The fall hurt like hell but hey, training worked! :appl:

There are a few off leash areas where I am, one of which is several miles of trails and its heavily forested. She also gets to socialize there with bigger and more active dogs than in daycare (its Corgi heaven there!). It allows her to get her sniff on with other dogs and we get to spend a lot of quality time together. But even there, I use lots of commands that she must immediately follow. She does them because I expect it, and she's smart enough to know that at the end of every executed command, there's usually a treat of some type :cheeky:

I continually use every situation to refine our bond with commands I taught her since she's been with me, and I consistently add on more. We're a team and those commands enforce that on both sides. She rarely gets out of pocket, but when she does, I absolutely correct it quickly. I've rarely shown anger at her because she's very sensitive and will shut down in the face of anger. So I have to be fair but firm. Correct her quickly and move forward.

I'm very pro training class as you can see...lol. I wish more people would take them because I think helps both dog and owner.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's awesome, Arcadian, you sound like an extremely aware and responsible pet owner. Your dog and neighbors are lucky! :appl:

(if you're up to it, post a picture of your doggie, would love to see her!)

Thanks for explaining recall, too - I did not know that was the term for it.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
We live in a rural village, and pretty much everyone has a dog. Many, if not most, don't walk them on a leash. It's just the norm here, and it seems to be fine.

I keep my own pup on a leash, because she's giant, and very young, and I wouldn't want her to scare anyone or run off. We are working on training her and she is learning very quickly, but still, she's only a baby. The coastal path where most people walk their dogs here is traffic free, and mostly used by dog walkers. Few people use a leash there, although more do so if they were walking in the village streets.

Our pup is being trained to the leash at the moment, so I do use one every time we go out. We take her to a field behind the house to practice recall every day. Yesterday she stopped dead and came back to me mid way through chasing a deer (I had no idea there were deer in the field, we've lived here over ten years and I never saw one before.) I'm taking that as a training success, because she's a deerhound. Definite triumph of nurture over nature there! :bigsmile:

But yeah, I use a leash other than when she is running in the field. I used to live in the city, and everyone there used a leash to exercise dogs, so it's habit for me.

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Arcadian|1427490629|3853393 said:
CJ2008|1427482572|3853358 said:

Yes, thats basically what it means. For us, its a daily exercise. Sight hounds, because of their nature to go after small things that move, and because some can have a high prey drive, can sometimes ignore recall, so its good to know your pups personality and know when they're about to be do some silly doggy thing and teach them what is or is not acceptable. Some greys can never be off leash unless they're in an enclosed area because their prey drive is too high.

I have done some situational training with her, because it was really necessary. While my belief is that in highly populated areas your pet should be under your control via a leash, and its the law anyway for most cities and towns, sometimes depending on the situation, you may be without the leash or, you may be in an emergency situation where you may lose control of the leash for whatever reason.

So to that end I taught her how she should react 'off leash' in densely populated areas. She does very well with it, but again, you have to continually train the pup so that they do as you expect.

For instance, I have on purpose dropped her leash on the onset that it could and does happen. Thats about as off leash as I get if its not a park. I taught her to stop as soon as that leash drops (she does, it was easy enough to teach). I tell her to come to me and she comes. She doesn't run away at her sudden freedom :lol: This is something that really needs to be taught and repeated regularly. I started on some streets with very little traffic, then bigger streets, and eventually the highway. Yes I know some may think thats crazy, but honestly you don't know what will happen so its good that your dog learns to NOT freak out when cars are whizzing past them, and, you DO have to work up to it. Don't start them out on a highway!

Over the winter on one of our walks, in a particular busy area I lost my footing and went flying and I lost control of the leash. The dog did as her training instructed, she stopped. The fall hurt like hell but hey, training worked! :appl:

There are a few off leash areas where I am, one of which is several miles of trails and its heavily forested. She also gets to socialize there with bigger and more active dogs than in daycare (its Corgi heaven there!). It allows her to get her sniff on with other dogs and we get to spend a lot of quality time together. But even there, I use lots of commands that she must immediately follow. She does them because I expect it, and she's smart enough to know that at the end of every executed command, there's usually a treat of some type :cheeky:

I continually use every situation to refine our bond with commands I taught her since she's been with me, and I consistently add on more. We're a team and those commands enforce that on both sides. She rarely gets out of pocket, but when she does, I absolutely correct it quickly. I've rarely shown anger at her because she's very sensitive and will shut down in the face of anger. So I have to be fair but firm. Correct her quickly and move forward.

I'm very pro training class as you can see...lol. I wish more people would take them because I think helps both dog and owner.

I think we have much the same approach! I have owned sighthounds for many years, and do the sort of training you describe too.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jennifer, you have a deerhound! ooh man, you're right, they are the sweetest dogs ever! :love: Sight hound owners have such a huge responsibility, and I'm ever glad to hear you teach her recall. I'm also glad to hear her prey drive seems to be controllable.

Our backup is a squawker. Racing greys are trained to respond to that thing and boy does she! I keep one in the house and car as a just in case.

Please post some pics, I would love to see her!

@CJ2008 I probably have more pics of the dog than I do my husband! :lol: But here's a few, btw she allows pictures sometimes but well...

I was allowed to get this (she suffers through when I bring out the clicky box) BTW thats my hat. She has no problem wearing clothes (or blankets...lol) She's got quite the wardrobe.

This was too adorable not to miss. I love her smiley face :love:

I can't lie, we really won the doggy jackpot because shes very laid back and chill most of the time. There are times she's not, make no mistake, she loves water in particular...

I have video but not sure if allowed to share (its just her running in a field.)

sleepy_puppy.jpg

model_dog.jpg

14838567826_3585f5d09a_o.jpg

14006400761_2f8d0da0d2_b.jpg

Jennifer W

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That photo came from the breeder. I just think she's adorable! SO innocent looking... what me? Chase deer?! NO!

Your greyhound is absolutely gorgeous. What a wonderful dog.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jennifer she's gorgeous! And she looks like a little angel :love:

Just a little sighthound snobbery, but they really are awesome dogs. The quirks in their personalities aren't for everyone though.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG both of your dogs are so adorable!

Arcadian - I cannot blame you for having more pics of her than your DH! ::)

I love that picture of her in the water her tail looks so cute haha

JenniferW - She's precious!

And I think if that's what works in general for the community, then I get it...but I would NOT do well living there! :lol: I'd be constantly nervous either a fight was about to break out or a dog would run and get hit by a car or...like I said, I fully recognize I am NOT a relaxed animal person. If I had a dog I'd never take them to a doggie park for example. Not saying that's a good thing I'm sure I should learn to relax in certain situations...

I consider it a GREAT accomplishment that I have TWO cats. But you should have seen the work and patience I put into introducing them to make sure they did not fight...

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arcadian!! Another greyhound momma here! Your girl is just gorgeous! She looks so happy! I love black greyhounds and love the white at the tip of her tail!! Such a cool running photo. I have a fawn male who is best friends with the doggie in my avatar!

Jennifer - Such sweetness! We NEED that updated photo, please!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results