shape
carat
color
clarity

PAYPAL ~ HELP PLEASE?

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
I always seem to be in a hurry these days, and i know I could just call them but....

I sent someone some money the other day, via Paypal, and since I NEVER do this ---> I checked "My Account"

Now, I don't know how this happened, but I have a positive balance !!!
And it's substantial.
Good, right ?

But I am afraid of it, because I DON'T KNOW HOW IT GOT THERE !!!
i NEVER sell anything.
I don't deposit money into that account, and I usually just use paypal to buy things....

a lot of things.

Is this where all my refund money goes to if I used paypal to buy the items initially?

I mean, I don't even return things very much.

Someone must know !!!!

Right now, I'm actually afraid of it.
I want the money, if it's mine, but what in the world?
Do I just transfer it into my bank account and see what happens?
Can I spend this money?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Yep, that's where refunds go!

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You should be able to look up your transaction history and hopefully see when it got there and from whom. Also, I receive transaction notes every time I send/receive funds. Do you get those? If not, I would be slightly concerned that emails for the account are going elsewhere . . . i.e. the account was being controlled by someone else as well? (Sorry if I am causing undue alarm, but you said it was a substantial amount of money. Do you think it could be accumulated refunds?) Did you get an email for the recent transaction you mentioned?

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Yes, if you paid with PayPal and then got a refund, the money is directly deposited back into your PayPal account. You said that you never check on your account, so is it possible that the money in your account is the result of accumulated refunds? I would go back through your transaction history and start adding up your refunds to see if that's where the money came from.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A lot of times PayPal emails get flagged as spam by my Gmail account. I imagine this happens to others, so maybe you're overlooking emails from PayPal because they got routed to your spam folder.

mr_kroshka

Rough_Rock
Congratulations, you have been selected by the Nigerian Prince to receive large funds (look out for the huge diamonds in the mail :naughty:)

Most likely it is refund amount. Let us know what you find.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Funny, I usually have the opposite problem. "Hmmm, my Paypal balance is rather low. It can't be the stones and pearls I got this week, can it?"

Sorry, I couldn't resist it. On the practical side, check your history so you can track all the deposits and refunds in the account.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yep, as others have said, you can see every payment and every refund. Look and see and hopefully there isn't a problem!

TC1987

Brilliant_Rock
Log in, look at the top of the page. Click link that says Activity. That gives you a list of all transactions. I can see 2 months worth on mine. Credits are marked with a + sign, and payments with a - sign.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all SO MUCH for the good advice and reassurance !!!
I feel a lot better now.

I will go to my account and check my activities --- pretty sure that this goes back YEARS though.....
as long as I know that this is really my money and I won't get in trouble for spending it.

Funny thing is, I always figured if I get a refund then that money gets refunded right back into my bank account or CC that I used to pay with initially.
Why that wouldn't happen, I don't have a clue.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
If you paid with Paypal using your credit card, the money refunded goes back to your credit card- it does not go to your Paypal account. You can only transfer a certain amount per month from your Paypal account back to your bank account- I think it's something like $1000 per month- but I can't remember exactly.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!

THANK YOU to everyone who helped me out !!!! :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results