shape
carat
color
clarity

Pathology results finally in!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I debated adding to the old thread, or starting a new one, but I didn't want anyone who gave me support and advice to miss this.

The specimen from my sister OR was misplaced (translated LOST). Usually, the results take about 2 weeks. Sometimes, if the pathologist is in house at the time of the surgery, they'll call the OR with a preliminary diagnosis before surgery is complete. However, this wasn't the case for my sister. Somehow during transport for the OR, to reception or in processing, it was lost. They gave us the run-around for a few weeks as it was listed as *in progress* so we thought there was just a back log, but further investigation revealed that this is the default label for all specimens that are received, whether or not they are actually going through the system.

In any case, after several incredibly frustrating weeks of phone calls, visits etc. (the pathology department is terribly slow to begin with), the results were NEGATIVE!!!!! The tumour is benign!!!!! I can't tell you how relieved and overjoyed we are. It was not what we were expecting, and the entire family had prepared, and were expecting the worst. It feels like an incredible blessing to be able to write this post today.

My sister is leaving for a cruise to the Bahamas, followed by a few days in Miami. I think it's well deserved.

As for me, I'm going to spend a few days in Maine, so that I can get rid of the stress that has felt like a crushing weight since this all began. It's a little 4 day trip, but I need to decompress.

Thank you all for the support, advice, and positive thoughts!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

This is the best news we've had on PS in years! I'm so relieved for you and your family.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC NEWS!!! :appl: Allycat, I am SOOOO happy for your sister, you and your entire family - what a relief! A total blessing - thank your lucky stars or whoever you thank in these situations!!!

Wonderful - best wishes and hugs sent to all of you! :bigsmile:

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
armywife13|1340155089|3219795 said:
That is wonderful news!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

what she said!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh ally, that is just the most fantastic news!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I'm so happy for your sister, and for your entire family! I can only imagine how relieved everyone must be! Big hugs to you, you've been through a lot lately, so make sure you have a wonderful time on your getaway!

Blackpaw

Ideal_Rock
Im so glad for you and your sister and family, allycat - sounds like celebrations are in order =)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that is great news :!: ... :appl: :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so happy to hear this! That's GREAT!!! :appl:

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, my what a gift! I am so pleased for you and your sister - excellent, excellent news!

Both of you have a wonderful time celebrating - so well deserved after all of the tension and worry!! :appl: :appl:

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely wonderful news!!! Now everyone can relax . :wavey:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart did a little flip when it saw that "!" at the end of the subject line...

:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Enjoy your much-needed R&R!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is wonderful news. :halo: :appl:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great news! Very happy for you all!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
FANTASTIC! Such a relief for everyone involved (including us little PS peepers!) Y'all are certainly in line for a freakin' BREAK so I'm glad you got one in this case! Thanks for updating! And please enjoy that little Maine breather for yourself. I have a feeling you & your DH could use a vaca too!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
decodelighted|1340159985|3219884 said:
FANTASTIC! Such a relief for everyone involved (including us little PS peepers!) Y'all are certainly in line for a freakin' BREAK so I'm glad you got one in this case! Thanks for updating! And please enjoy a little breather for yourself. I have a feeling you & your DH could use a vaca too!

Ditto this! So glad it was negative! :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is simply wonderful! I hope you and your sister both have wonderful vacations and relax! I am very, very happy to hear the great news!

Hugs,
Deb

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Wonderful news Allycat, I am so glad that horrific wait is over for your family, enjoy your well deserved vacations!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
I was following the previous thread and I'm so happy for you, your sister, and your family!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is such wonderful news Allycat!! I am so happy and relieved for you and your sister and your whole family!! Mazel Tov and all the best for continued good health for everyone!

orbaya

Brilliant_Rock
What wonderful news!!!!

It's horrible that the specimen was lost! Like your family needed that issue on top of everything else. How does this happen??

I live in Maine, not too far from Portland. Have you been here before?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Such amazing news!! I work in the OR and am pretty disgusted that a specimen could be misplaced like that. Ultimately though, what a relief for you all!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Snicklefritz

Brilliant_Rock
That's so wonderful! Very good news! :appl: :appl: :appl: Thanks for sharing! Enjoy your decompression time!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results