shape
carat
color
clarity

Pasting gems photos onto ring photos? Need help!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I am trying to figure out how I can post a photo of a gem onto a photo of a ring. I am using Adobe photoshop 6, and having a heck of a time. I cannot figure out how to crop the original gem photo, paste it onto the ring, resize and rotate it-- I am lost!
Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

mogster

Shiny_Rock
To crop the original gem photo, use the Lasso Tool, select the part of the gem you want to copy, and then hit Ctrl + C. Then Ctrl + V onto the ring picture, go to Layer > Flatten Image, then Image > Image Size... to resize the picture, and then Image > Rotate Canvas to rotate it.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! I have been driving myself crazy trying trying to figure it out!

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
I have the gem on top of my ring now, but when I try to resize or rotate, I resize and rotate both images (ring with the gem on top of it)-- I just want to shrink the gem to fit the setting and rotate it so it is at the right angle. Is that all possible?

mogster

Shiny_Rock
Yes, hit Ctrl + T. It should highlight the gem you've cropped and you should be able to adjust the image size by dragging the edges. You can rotate by inserting a numerical value in the angle box up at the top. Do this before the Flatten Image step.

erinl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Mogster! I finally figured it out!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results