carat
color
clarity

Passable instant coffee?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
"Passable instant coffee?"

:o :nono: :knockout:

THIS . . . does not exist. But, if I were desperate enough, Folgers singles would be . . . tolerable.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I got a box of the Tasters Choice Nescafe and tried it this morning... didn't really do much for me (and now I have 21 more packets, LOL!). It was the original flavor, maybe the Columbian is better? Or perhaps I'm just so used to really strong Starbucks and anything more subtle is lost on me at this point.

Weeivy73

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Here in New Zealand I drink Maccona. It's a good instant. But not sure what's what in the US :cool2:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm in UK and I swear by Nestle's Alta Rica.

DK :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Ho!

I need a recommendation for a passable (maybe tasty?) instant coffee (preferably not those International types with chocolate and sugar). The lunchroom at work only has a plastic kettle and a microwave. I'd like to make a cup of coffee at lunch to get me through the afternoon, but don't like to boil in plastic kettles, so I thought I would microwave a porcelain cup of instant coffee - which I've not had for years (coffee snob I guess LOL). Any recommendations for a half-decent instant coffee? Does Illy coffee do one I wonder?

I could take my bodum, but would still have to use the plastic kettle.

The job is too short-term to invest in a workplace metal one...

Sweet @Begonia I am sorry but "Passable instant coffee" is an oxymoron and just does not exist. IMO. ::)

LOL this thread is many years old. But I stand by my comment.:P2

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hate the stuff. Will suffer a caffeine headache rather than drink said sludge. That being said, I wonder if you can make a cold brew overnight and just heat it up in the morning. All you would have to do is set it up before you leave home and it should be ready to enjoy the next day.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results