shape
carat
color
clarity

Part 2: How much MORE would you spend to be more satisfied?

How much more would you be willing to uprade one of your "C's"?

• A.10% of original purchase price.

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • B. 20% of original purchase price.

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • C. 30% of original purchase price.

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • E. 40% of original purchase price.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • F. 50% of original purchase price.

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • G. Other

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread is a follow-up to the one I posted earlier [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-satisfied-are-you.209492/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/how-satisfied-are-you.209492/[/URL] and is addressed to the 46% of voters who voted that they were not completely satisfied with their ring, or to the 54% of voters who have no regrets, and who worked with a budget to achieve ultimate satisfaction. I would like to know what your comfort zone would be in term of cash when it comes to upgrading your stone and upgrading the one "C" that would make you completely satisfied. This scenario assumes that you are basing your choice on your real life economic situation, and that your jeweler would allow you to upgrade freely (without restrictions such as paying twice the original price or paying a restocking fee--but if that is a reality and part of your consideration, please share). Would love to hear your thoughts, but I understand if you would rather vote anonymously.

CRYSTAL24K

Brilliant_Rock
Re: Part 2: How much MORE would you spend to be more satisfi

Interesting topic and timely.

I am currently trying to make a decision regarding upgrading or not. My original e-ring was purchased in 2005 and when my insurer replaced it, due to a chip, the cost of the new stone was about double the original purchase price. I am looking to do a one-time (don't laugh) upgrade in size quite soon, if possible, and it will probably be worth 50-60% of the original stone's purchase price. I honestly wouldn't mind going to 100% of the original purchase price, but it is not financially feasible.

Wednesday

Rough_Rock

There are so many factors that could come into play here. When putting it in terms of percentages, it's tricky - unless you are starting with a more expensive diamond to start with, I'd think most upgrades of Cs would be in the higher ranges of percentages.

I am happy with my current diamond and setting and will never trade either in, so any upgrade would be a newly purchased ring. The new diamond would be larger (probably a half to one carat larger) and I would consider dropping one clarity grade, but don't think I would drop color and definitely not cut. I'd probably consider paying 250-350% more if it was a trade-in where I received full current value.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'd like to upgrade from 8.5mm to 9mm round eventually, keeping all other Cs the same. Depending on prices at that point in time, that'll be at least 150% but more likely 175% of original price.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I want to clarify the question. The question focuses on your comfort zone right now, assuming your real life economic situation and the characteristic that currently dissatisfies you. While I realize that many factors would come into play in order to upgrade, and that the percentage poll is therefore flawed, I also think that the percentages presented are realistic and that the last option, other, can reflect the other choices, such as purchasing a new ring entirely. That said, if many are voting "other" for that reason, I hope it is a vote based on current comfort zone and not a hypothetical one. If that is the case, then it would reflect that that amount of PSer's are currently considering an upgrade. Now, that would be a fun thread to read!

retrogamer

Shiny_Rock

Hah, this thread is rather amusing. Considering that I have resigned to the fact that my wife will probably never have "the one" ring, we originally spent a minimal amount on the first ring as we were just starting out in our careers (a bit over 1 carat). The most recent upgrade was a 4 carat cushion.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium

:lol: yes!
retrogamer|1422345732|3822578 said:
Hah, this thread is rather amusing. Considering that I have resigned to the fact that my wife will probably never have "the one" ring, we originally spent a minimal amount on the first ring as we were just starting out in our careers (a bit over 1 carat). The most recent upgrade was a 4 carat cushion.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Jimmianne|1422362438|3822607 said:
:lol: yes!
retrogamer|1422345732|3822578 said:

Don't feel bad Retrogamer. My husband knows exactly how you feel as he has been there, done that too.

Isn't the saying Happy Wife, Happy Life!!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results