shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Lorelei

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Hi Lorelei, did you know that Ella Fitzgerald had a song "Lorelei"? I just discovered that (I''m fan of hers but I still haven''t listened to everything she recorded). I was wondering if you could tell us also if this is your real name or why you chose it as a screen name? Thanks!
1.gif

Danny

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 5:10:05 AM
Author:Imdanny
Hi Lorelei, did you know that Ella Fitzgerald had a song 'Lorelei'? I just discovered that (I'm fan of hers but I still haven't listened to everything she recorded). I was wondering if you could tell us also if this is your real name or why you chose it as a screen name? Thanks!
1.gif

Danny
Hi Danny
35.gif

No I didn't know that! I will have to see if I can locate it on youtube! Lorelei isn't my real name, it came about when I first found PS years ago and registered, that I had to quickly think of a username. As I wanted something apt and I am a Marilyn fan, I thought of her diamond obsessed character Lorelei Lee in Gentlemen Prefer Blondes. As I am also a blonde and love diamonds it felt right!

Nowadays Lorelei feels as natural to me as my own name.
9.gif
I think it is actually a German name.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Interesting!

Danny isn't my real name either. Don't tell anyone!
9.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 6:12:45 AM
Author: Imdanny
Interesting!

Danny isn''t my real name either. Don''t tell anyone!
9.gif
I won''t!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Lore,

I have a fondness for the Gilmore Girls T.V show (as was) and fancy that you look like Lorelei Gilmore (the mother). I think she is booti-ful btw.

So don''t go bursting my bubble; you are and will be Lorelei.

loreleigilmore123.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 8:51:19 AM
Author: Steel
Lore,

I have a fondness for the Gilmore Girls T.V show (as was) and fancy that you look like Lorelei Gilmore (the mother). I think she is booti-ful btw.

So don't go bursting my bubble; you are and will be Lorelei.
I would say my face is similar if a bit thinner but my hair is blonde and shorter
9.gif
But yes I think if you put a blonde one length bob on her then we would be reasonably alike actually.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
So Lorelei, now that we know that you have the looks of a TV star and that one of the greatest singers who ever lived used your screen name in a song, please let me ask you a question. To follow up, why did you choose your avatar? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/5/2009 8:41:10 PM
So Lorelei, now that we know that you have the looks of a TV star and that one of the greatest singers who ever lived used your screen name in a song, please let me ask you a question. To follow up, why did you choose your avatar? Inquiring minds want to know. Thanks.
LOL!

My avatar is a famous puppet called Andy Pandy and his rag doll Looby Lou, they had their own little TV series back in the sixties for toddlers. He is something of a cult figure in the UK.

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure you know about the legend of the Lorelei as a siren, right? More info here...they say she was a beautiful young girl who jumped off of Lorelei Rock in Germany and became a siren who lures sailors to their deaths with her singing.

A famous poem based on the legend was set to music some time in the 1800s and is considered a German folk song. You can listen to it here on Youtube. Lyrics and translation are here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/6/2009 12:05:40 PM
Author: jstarfireb
I'm sure you know about the legend of the Lorelei as a siren, right? More info here...they say she was a beautiful young girl who jumped off of Lorelei Rock in Germany and became a siren who lures sailors to their deaths with her singing.

A famous poem based on the legend was set to music some time in the 1800s and is considered a German folk song. You can listen to it here on Youtube. Lyrics and translation are here.
I had heard of it but wasn't too sure how the legend went, very cool! I also like the part about Lorelei meaning murmuring rock!
16.gif

That musical poem was incredible, very beautiful - thanks so much for posting all this J, Lorelei does feel as natural as my own name now, so it is nice to know more about the origins of the name.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/6/2009 1:20:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

LOL!

My avatar is a famous puppet called Andy Pandy and his rag doll Looby Lou, they had their own little TV series back in the sixties for toddlers. He is something of a cult figure in the UK.

No wonder I didn''t have a clue.
25.gif

Thanks!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/7/2009 2:14:15 AM

Date: 6/6/2009 1:20:31 AM
Author: Lorelei

LOL!

No wonder I didn''t have a clue.
25.gif

Thanks!
Heh! Click here for an intro to Andy Pandy...

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Lookie here! J. Crew makes a dress called Lorelei!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
I''m sure you know about the legend of the Lorelei as a siren, right? More info here...they say she was a beautiful young girl who jumped off of Lorelei Rock in Germany and became a siren who lures sailors to their deaths with her singing.

Its great to know the legend behind it, an interesting link!
35.gif
I have always wanted to make a trip to see the Lorelei on the river Rhein but somehow never made it.

Hi Lorelei, how are ya?
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/18/2009 6:37:23 AM
Author: megeve

Its great to know the legend behind it, an interesting link!
35.gif
I have always wanted to make a trip to see the Lorelei on the river Rhein but somehow never made it.

Hi Lorelei, how are ya?
35.gif
Hi Meg!

I am good thanks, how are you?
9.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results