shape
carat
color
clarity

Paging Ilaner and arkeib-- I lost my ring! Help please! :(

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: Paging Ilaner and arkeib-- I lost my ring! Help please!

arkieb1|1375413480|3495010 said:
MC|1375407109|3494959 said:
arkieb1|1375396536|3494843 said:
Any luck near the tree? Did Ilander think they were still there? I really get the impression someone with a "childlike mind" took them and put them somewhere in this special place that is some sort of box or thing to them for stashing stuff....

Nope, I scrapped away the moss & dead leaves using a kids' hand shovel - metal shovel w/a plastic handle and the dirt is very compacted. If the child was able to bury the earrings there, she would have needed an adult's help due to her being very young OR she would have placed them on top and they would have ended up in the lawn mower.

Now, today I was thinking about the hitting part. Is this something that involves you feeling someone hit me while I wore the earrings or someone who has the earrings hits or was hit? Just curious because the girl had a toddler sibling that was an infant when we moved in. The thought crossed my mind that maybe her parents found the earrings and she was spanked or she put them on and the toddler hit her. I don't remember if she had her ears pierced but one really bizarre thing - when the owners came to do a house walk-through, I was curious to see if the mom had earrings on and at one point she made a gesture of flicking her hair back so I could see her empty ear holes (pierced, but no earrings)...my dh thought I was imagining things...I just wondered about that.

Also, any sense if the earrings are in the house, in an apartment in Seattle (a relative my dh suspected), or if they're in another country?

ETA - I think I know what happened...the dad (owner) was at the house doing repairs, silly stuff like putting in light bulbs, etc, and he replaced the blinds in the master bathroom. My kids had swimming lessons and I thought I could trust him so we left him at the house. When we got back, there was fast food packing out on our patio table so at some point the wife had stopped by to bring him lunch and she must have had her kids with her. The drawer the earrings were in was the type a woman would typically keep makeup, etc., in and possible the daughter liked to play with her mom's makeup and was use to opening that drawer and went up and looked in there. She could have taken them then? I have to say this has created major trust issues with me! I did go through my kids' stuff but mostly just discovered their rooms really need to be organized. lol :oops:

I really don't believe it was your kids. I don't get the sense an adult took them either, but the first thing I got was an image of the woman with the dark shortish to shoulder length hair ie it's NOT super short buzz cut hair being hit with this flailing hand. Would THAT man, your landlord hit his wife? Because if you go back and read I did say if you want to take it off the boards I would - the force the hand hit was like either abuse or someone out of control....it wasn't an image of an adult hitting a child and to be honest it left me with a nasty feeling.

Tell me did he seem like a really domineering "type" of man and she subservient to him?

And to be truthful sometimes my images are literal, frequently they are like these amazing "clues". As I have been writing this I just started to get a cold feeling and a thought that what if the child took the earrings, then the mother found them and hit the child around the head. Then the woman wore them and the man struck her while wearing them and the child grabbed for them. There are so many levels this clue could indeed work over and over.

The other image I got was of someone carefully putting it into some special box or box with compartments. This could have been the child but it could have also been the girl's mother.

The dynamics were odd. The husband barely spoke English and we had a realtor show us the house and the husband would node but had a difficult time communicating. The wife speaks w/out an accent and has good English skills but also is of the same nationality. The only thing that stood out as odd was he gave me a two-pack of light bulbs. Then a couple days later, I found a hardware store bag outside my door and again inside were light bulbs. I know that is silly, but the FIRST thing that came into my head is what a weirdo. Of all the things to obsess over were the dang light bulbs. We pay the power bill, so why does it matter? They also were $7.00 EACH bulb ($14 pack - which I just looked and our exchange rate is similar - so $16 for two light bulbs).

The wife did all the talking and seemed fine, but people can easily hide stuff. I just found the situation odd - he can't speak English and they had to leave the country for his work and I don't know what he did when he was here.

I also don't think my kids took the earrings. I never had stuff go missing and my kids understand the concept of privacy. In fact, my son heard me digging in his closet a while back and immediately asked me what I was doing. We have kind of over-established boundaries re: belongings.

To be frank, I had hoped that during the walk-through, the wife would slip the earrings somewhere and I'd happen upon them, but that appears to not have happened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1375413480|3495010 said:
MC|1375407109|3494959 said:
arkieb1|1375396536|3494843 said:
Any luck near the tree? Did Ilander think they were still there? I really get the impression someone with a "childlike mind" took them and put them somewhere in this special place that is some sort of box or thing to them for stashing stuff....

Nope, I scrapped away the moss & dead leaves using a kids' hand shovel - metal shovel w/a plastic handle and the dirt is very compacted. If the child was able to bury the earrings there, she would have needed an adult's help due to her being very young OR she would have placed them on top and they would have ended up in the lawn mower.

Now, today I was thinking about the hitting part. Is this something that involves you feeling someone hit me while I wore the earrings or someone who has the earrings hits or was hit? Just curious because the girl had a toddler sibling that was an infant when we moved in. The thought crossed my mind that maybe her parents found the earrings and she was spanked or she put them on and the toddler hit her. I don't remember if she had her ears pierced but one really bizarre thing - when the owners came to do a house walk-through, I was curious to see if the mom had earrings on and at one point she made a gesture of flicking her hair back so I could see her empty ear holes (pierced, but no earrings)...my dh thought I was imagining things...I just wondered about that.

Also, any sense if the earrings are in the house, in an apartment in Seattle (a relative my dh suspected), or if they're in another country?

ETA - I think I know what happened...the dad (owner) was at the house doing repairs, silly stuff like putting in light bulbs, etc, and he replaced the blinds in the master bathroom. My kids had swimming lessons and I thought I could trust him so we left him at the house. When we got back, there was fast food packing out on our patio table so at some point the wife had stopped by to bring him lunch and she must have had her kids with her. The drawer the earrings were in was the type a woman would typically keep makeup, etc., in and possible the daughter liked to play with her mom's makeup and was use to opening that drawer and went up and looked in there. She could have taken them then? I have to say this has created major trust issues with me! I did go through my kids' stuff but mostly just discovered their rooms really need to be organized. lol :oops:

I really don't believe it was your kids. I don't get the sense an adult took them either, but the first thing I got was an image of the woman with the dark shortish to shoulder length hair ie it's NOT super short buzz cut hair being hit with this flailing hand. Would THAT man, your landlord hit his wife? Because if you go back and read I did say if you want to take it off the boards I would - the force the hand hit was like either abuse or someone out of control....it wasn't an image of an adult hitting a child and to be honest it left me with a nasty feeling.

Tell me did he seem like a really domineering "type" of man and she subservient to him?

And to be truthful sometimes my images are literal, frequently they are like these amazing "clues". As I have been writing this I just started to get a cold feeling and a thought that what if the child took the earrings, then the mother found them and hit the child around the head. Then the woman wore them and the man struck her while wearing them and the child grabbed for them. There are so many levels this clue could indeed work over and over.

The other image I got was of someone carefully putting it into some special box or box with compartments, the feeling associated with this is that person is very proud of their find...... This could have been the child but it could have also been the girl's mother.

The relative that was suspected BEFORE you moved, did she have similar coloured hair? Was she in a situation of domestic abuse or have a child that would have struck her over the ear while wearing them?

We thought of the relative after we moved and were trying to think the most logical (we were still thinking why would a person were renting a house from steal from us...don't they want us to take care of the house philosophy)...actually, I didn't consider her b/c I don't remember her being up in the bathroom, but she has long dark hair & has a history of theft (she's stolen a lot of jewelry from her mom) and she had/has Tourette's, but she's in her mid-20s and I've never had anything go missing while she's been in any place we've lived.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What does her mother look like?

And if the daughter of the landlord took them, and stashed them in a special hiding place only to be found a while later do you think that woman would admit this to you and give them back or just wonder where they came from think oh well and start wearing them. My bet would be the latter..... she had holes in her ears for earrings too, but none on. If she had them and liked them she is hardly going to wear them in front of you.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1375415313|3495022 said:
What does her mother look like?

And if the daughter of the landlord took them, and stashed them in a special hiding place only to be found a while later do you think that woman would admit this to you and give them back or just wonder where they came from think oh well and start wearing them. My bet would be the latter.....

She looks different now. She's petite - 5' 2" - 5' 4"ish, Asian, now has long dark hair...I think, if I remember right, it was more around shoulder length when we first met two years ago. Probably around 115-125 lbs. Smooth cheeks that are rounded slightly. Her husband is Asian, very skinny, tall, and had those invisible braces.

Yes, I would expect she'd eventually start wearing them. They're laser inscribed and I still have the certificates, but I guess that wouldn't matter unless she shows up wearing them and I call the police on her...but I wouldn't be able to do that while we're renting. We're getting a really good deal on the house so maybe she feels this is her justification?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

What nationality are they? And I am not trying to be racist here, one of my best friends is married to a Russian guy, his whole family think totally differently to most people.....

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

So, I guess now the question is how do I "heal" from this. It really upsets me still after two years!!! Do I save up for new ACAs or do I find a new style like the little Roberto Coin huggies?

Also, we have renters insurance so possibly they thought I would file a claim and replace them (and she would get earrings out of the deal), which I tried but I didn't have a jewelry rider and my insurance wouldn't cover them.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Move on two years is a long time to have lost something.... buy something else you love. And don't let people you barely know wander around your home!!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1375416261|3495026 said:
What nationality are they? And I am not trying to be racist here, one of my best friends is married to a Russian guy, his whole family think totally differently to most people.....

I'm not sure which nationality they are. The realtor said they were going to Taiwan, but then both neighbors by us said different countries and nobody seemed to be entirely sure. I wouldn't be surprised if the husband spoke English and was pretending he didn't. I don't know why that thought came to me, but it just did.

Yeah, I'll be able to move on when I find what I want and have the funds.

Thanks so much for your time and help. This has given me a whole new outlook on how kids can take things w/out even questioning the consequences of actions and how it can cause long-term trust issues. And, I need to buy a safe!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

A safe is good, either that or a place where you keep everything all the time. People do misplace things by absent mindedness as well...

I will give you a quick psychic story of mine to cheer you up. Many years ago when I was first dating my now husband we lived in a smaller Australian town. My husband was slowly learning about this weird ability I have to read people and pick up vibes about all sorts of things.

One night we were in an upmarket Aussie pub one of the most popular in that particular town. DH introduced me to this guy who was apparently a very wealthy and well respected businessman and who seemed a bit down, he was in his early 30s, I knew nothing about him, had never met him before. They were drinking beers and DH said I know what will cheer you up, I will get my g/f (that was me) to tell you how your life is going to improve or to tell you something about your life. I was standing over with some women at the time he called me over. There were a ring of blokes and indeed women who had now pricked up their ears and were all interested in what was going to happen because apparently my DH had been talking up my psychic skills. The guy was a big skeptic btw as well.

Anyway, so I go over to him and he touches my arm. A flash of an image. I blush every colour under the sun and then some. I blush some more I don't know where to look. A room of people are listening at this point.... So I say ummmm I don't get anything. Nothing at all. C'mon the guy says you are supposed to be good at this there must be something, he touches my arm again, I cringe and move away from him, no nothing I'm sorry.

He laughs and we all go back to who we were talking to. Several weeks later I hear the guy has been bagging me out to a heap of people. He thinks this is a huge joke and psychics are all a crock. My DH says you know I was disappointed its not like you to not get anything, why was that?

So I say well O.K, I will tell you what I really saw that night in the pub. When he touched my arm the first time I got an image of him naked surrounded by bodies, naked people peeling off him, some very young, like we are talking underage, and there were lots and lots of them. The second time he touched my arm I wanted to vomit, I was taken to a seedy room that smelled of sex.

A few weeks after I told DH he apparently saw the guy again and he again made some joke at my expense about his so called clairvoyant g/f.... so I think he cracked and told him exactly what I related to him that I HAD actually seen.

Apparently he had just been through a nasty divorce, he wasn't dealing with things so he went on a month long sex tour of Thailand. He admitted he slept with boys and girls many under age... and that he was trying to deal with stuff and get his life back together.

Needless to say he didn't bag me out around town after that!!!! In fact when I ran into him again much later he was the one who was sheepish and didn't have much to say....

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

That really is amazing (and cool) that you can see that. I have abilities but not of that magnitude. I have very sensitive radar and feel strongly good or bad vibes from people. In this example, I would have felt creeped out by the guy, feeling weird or bad vibes from him, but unable to experience the images you did.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375421350|3495065 said:
That really is amazing (and cool) that you can see that. I have abilities but not of that magnitude. I have very sensitive radar and feel strongly good or bad vibes from people. In this example, I would have felt creeped out by the guy, feeling weird or bad vibes from him, but unable to experience the images you did.

I am not sure if its cool or not. I spent a lot of years in denial about it actually. I see a lot of stuff, a lot of bad with the good and things people don't wish to know about!!!!! I don't do it for a living btw. Its just something I have always had that I use occasionally. It can be a bad thing in social situations because frequently I can tell if person doesn't like me or those I am with and also I usually take a very instant like or dislike to people I meet.

I believe we are all born with a 6th sense. They have scientifically proven animals particularly dogs and cats have it they know when owners die, when they are sick, or they know when they are going to leave, go on holidays or when they are about to come back again. Most people have experience a creepy or "not right" feeling about a situation or have bad unexplainable vibes about things, some people say they know when the phone is about to ring and who is calling them. I think some people just for whatever reason are able to use this better than others or have it at a more developed level.....

Unfortunately there are a large lot of people out there with no skills who make a living out of vulnerable people.

An example of this, is I went to a psychic fair in the city where I currently live, and sat down with a lady who is supposed to be a "gifted medium" she makes a living doing this..... I could tell immediately she was a fraud. She felt a ring I own and told me that the person that gave it to me loved me deeply - I mean really how enlightening and general is that??? So about half way through this general and honestly bad reading she was doing I said I tell you what if I do a better job will you give me my money back so she said yes, so I started telling her about the sadness in her life, about her son, who I believe was a drug addict that had almost killed himself in I felt a car going at high speeds etc, and a few other things. She gave my money back, and said I was good at it and should be doing it for a living.

On the flip side of that many years ago I met a woman in Sydney at a shopping centre who was amazing. She outlined my life and the life of a friend of mine sitting next to me who actually was the one that wanted to see her for about 3 years. All of it was true for both of us.

There are as many frauds as people with gifts they give the genuine a bad name.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Does anyone feel that this ring is buried in the sand or found by someone and kept...or sold? This story is a little different because I know this favorite piece of jewelry is lost to me forever...but someday I might find its duplicate in a second-hand place. I very rarely lose or break jewelry, in fact this is the only thing I can think of that I've ever lost.

I bought the platinum and 18K gold men's band second-hand, it was heavy and beautiful and of a common design. picture of similar ring attached. Braided center with plain side rails. I bought it second-hand for several hundred dollars, it retails new into the thousands. I wore it on my thumb and it fit perfectly in the summer. The first cool day of Fall I was still wearing it on my thumb, looking back I should have transferred it to my forefinger where it fit snug in the winter. We walked on the beach, it was cool and windy.

On the drive home, I saw it gone from my thumb. I looked all over the car, I called the motel, I tried to locate it that way to no avail (they said they checked the room for it).

It might have slipped off when carrying my suitcase, or during the walk on the beach, or left in the room, or slipped off there. I was very distracted that day. We were closing on a real estate deal and there were glitches involved with many transcontinental phone calls. I felt frazzled and distracted. A phone call that morning changed a mellow vacation day to one filled with frantic business. And that was the day I lost a very favorite ring...and hard and expensive to replace unless I find one like it in the future in a second-hand store. I should have been more careful. One time, months before, I found it lying on the table under my bag of groceries. It was not snug enough to wear on my thumb, though it felt snug. I know know that a thumb ring should be hard to take off. I wear a platinum and gypsy-set diamond band on that thumb now, and it does not come off unless I put effort into it.

Anyway, the plot thickens. I want to stay in that motel room again and really search it. It is a favorite room I stay in often (gorgeous oceanfront views of the Pacific Ocean)

I make reservations to stay in the room as soon as I am able to go, thinking it could have fallen behind the headboard on the floor.

I plan to go, but a snow and ice storm happens and I can't leave my house. I cancel the reservation.

Then, as soon as I am able, I call to make a reservation again to stay. I cannot, because the room and all those around it on that floor are being remodeled. I know now that I will never find the ring in that room.

I wonder now, what happened to it...any psychic feelings from you welcome.

ring12a.jpg

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I believe that its wistful to think you will go back and somehow find it and practical to realise that if it indeed fell off in the room that it would have been taken by someone by now if it was in a crevice or something like that.

When I zone in the the energy I get the sand, the sun, the sea, it being tumbled. Not sure if this is the ocean or a washing machine??? It's tumbling. Unfortunately we both know you wont see it again. I think it is now on the hand of a lovely free spirit. Someone found it either at the beach or is it possible it slipped off your hand in a washing machine, dryer, dish washer or something like that where you were staying? Again I see it tumbling over and over again, there is water involved.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I agree with you about frauds. One thing I noticed is that when I ignore or "override" my instinctual feelings, trouble always arises.
For example, befriending a person whom I had initial feelings of "bad vibes" about. My scientific, analytical side told me to not have those prejudicial feelings and give the person a chance as they wanted to be a friend. Every time I did this, I got burned. From learning these lessons, I now only let a very few select, trusted people be my friends.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, arkieb1.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375424976|3495090 said:
I agree with you about frauds. One thing I noticed is that when I ignore or "override" my instinctual feelings, trouble always arises.
For example, befriending a person whom I had initial feelings of "bad vibes" about. My scientific, analytical side told me to not have those prejudicial feelings and give the person a chance as they wanted to be a friend. Every time I did this, I got burned. From learning these lessons, I now only let a very few select, trusted people be my friends.

Yes me too!!!! I have the same issues as well and a large circle of people I know but a small circle of people who are close friends....

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375425091|3495091 said:
Thank you, arkieb1.

Did you put your hand in a washing machine, clothing dryer, combo dryer washer, go down to a laundry, or in a dishwasher that day where it could have been damp slippery and slipped off? Or did you put your hand skimming in the ocean or in a pool where it was wet slippery and it slid off? Did you go for a swim in a swimming pool with it on?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I rinsed dishes and coffee cups in the sink, and might have filled up the ice bucket. (My husband might have done the ice chore)...He always make oatmeal breakfast and coffee in the room for us and I always do the clean-up afterwards. No dishwasher machine in the room. No swim that day or touching ocean water, though a very long, pretty walk on sandy beach. My jewelry was all in a pile on the nightstand. None of it came up missing except for the ring. I have 2 equally strong feelings - this is the mysterious part - that it came off in the room or on motel property...and that it came off during the walk on the beach. :???:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375427030|3495097 said:
I rinsed dishes and coffee cups in the sink, and might have filled up the ice bucket. (My husband might have done the ice chore)...He always make oatmeal breakfast and coffee in the room for us and I always do the clean-up afterwards. No dishwasher machine in the room. My jewelry was all in a pile on the nightstand. None of it came up missing except for the ring. I have 2 equally strong feelings - this is the mysterious part - that it came off in the room or on motel property...and that it came off during the walk on the beach. :???:

And you didn't go for a swim in a swimming pool with it on?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

nope, no swim that day. Motel doesn't have a pool.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

I was hoping it came off in the car. I looked for it there diligently, you know how cars have many nooks and crannies. There still might be hope lol!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375427191|3495100 said:
nope, no swim that day. Motel doesn't have a pool.

Maybe I am seeing it on the next person.

You should look in pawn shops and second hand places again you might find either a great semi celtic style ring or something from Welsh gold (and its not always rose coloured just because its welsh). That is my practical side talking btw. My non practical side is saying you will go for something that is in thick chunky gold with a beautiful gemstone in it. I see you with this thick ring with a chunky cut gemstone that you love....

Yes its funny that you say car because I keep getting it's with this wonderful spirit and I think that person is you, so it is confusing to me totally. Is there anything you have that was like a basket or something that it could have been put in after you washed up, or got your hands wet that would have tumbled? A plastic basket, a metal basket, did you take the ice bucket with you?

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you, arkieb1. That rings true to me. Beach. And maybe a wonderful person currently enjoying wearing it, a lucky find for them... You are right, I visit second-hand places often and have been lucky with nice jewelry finds at my favorite ones, and a similar ring may be in my future. I currently own one in the same design, it is all 14K white gold, it's nice but it doesn't have the heft and the two-tone look of the other ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Sky56|1375427841|3495103 said:
Thank you, arkieb1. That rings true to me. Beach. And maybe a wonderful person currently enjoying wearing it, a lucky find for them... You are right, I visit second-hand places often and have been lucky with nice jewelry finds at my favorite ones, and a similar ring may be in my future. I currently own one in the same design, it is all 14K white gold, it's nice but it doesn't have the heft and the two-tone look of the other ring.

Yes beach as well!!! And my message going going forward is the one with the beautiful big gemstone in it - but I think it will be a different finger.... and its going to be more special too....

O.K I think I am done, time to call back Ilander I think she can handle the next few I am having time out!!!!

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

No baskets were involved that day, but I did handle a lot of luggage that day. I later spent a lot of time looking through the luggage for the ring. I also spent a long time in a bank that day, dealing with real estate paperwork while talking to a banker, it could have fallen on the floor then...but I keep coming back to 'Lost in the Sand', because I remember my hands getting cold while we were walking, a perfect opportunity for the ring to slip off.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks for your time and wonderful words 8-)

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock

arkieb1|1375419642|3495048 said:
Apparently he had just been through a nasty divorce, he wasn't dealing with things so he went on a month long sex tour of Thailand. He admitted he slept with boys and girls many under age... and that he was trying to deal with stuff and get his life back together.

Needless to say he didn't bag me out around town after that!!!! In fact when I ran into him again much later he was the one who was sheepish and didn't have much to say....

oh no! That is really sad :(sad Those poor kids.

I hope that guy worked out his life SOON after that.

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade

Thanks, Arkie & Clueless - a robe or something uke it was my first thought, but the pockets only yielded my electronic cigarette. So, right track, but no gold ring!

I am feeling really frustrated, honestly. I know I can be absentminded, but this is ridiculous! It would have been massively out of character for me to grab the rest of my jewels after my shower but leave that one. So that leaves me with the weird options - like, oh, the cat stealing it or the dog eating it (if either did, I'm screwed, as they're both free-roaming outdoor beasts), or knocking it off my night table and out an open window when I reached for a water glass in the night, or elves, or something.

DEAR ELVES I WOULD LIKE MY RING BACK THANK YOU AND HAVE A NICE COOKIE INSTEAD, PLEASE?

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had a cat that used to stash things usually behind the lounge chair with a heap of socks and pencils and other stuff. Ask the family members if the cat has ever been known to do that. Get them to check cat baskets, cat beds, dog baskets, dog beds just in case. Can you ask if someone did laundry like sheets and towels where it might have ended up?

jess719

Shiny_Rock

I just read through this entire thread, and you are amazing! I can just imagine how much easier my life would be if I had your gift of finding things. I have a 17 month old that loves putting things in other things (shoe in stuffed animal bin...). I am just waiting for the little spoons for the tea set to turn up. I'll prob find them under the bathroom sink or someplace equally logical. :lol: We did find play steak in her purse the other day!

I really hope those of you with expensive and sentimental items find them!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results