shape
carat
color
clarity

Our new addition!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
We told ourselves we would wait until after the wedding... but we just couldn''t! We''re EXPECTING him to come home tomorrow!!! How is that for quick turnaround???

Sorry I don''t have great pictures...

sumbsnewkitty.jpg

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
He''s 5 months old, a little tuxedo kitten, and he needs a name... we tend to go with people names, but we just haven''t been able to agree on one for him. Maybe after we get to know him a little better it will come to us. We just met him last night, but it felt right and we were approved today. They move fast!

sumbsnewkittyface.jpg

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ah, he looks so cute and cuddily! Congratulations.

(and good luck picking out a name. We have four cats, and for some odd reason my husband gave one of our cats a the name of Phillip! lol It''s kind of wierd, but I''ve grown use to calling him that!)

ephemery1

Brilliant_Rock
AHHHHHH!!!! Sum I think my heart literally just beat faster when I saw the little preview of your post.... what a gorgeous little guy!!!!! I have always wanted a tuxedo kitty... they supposedly have the best temperaments (maybe just a myth, but who knows!). My DH had one in college that they called Austen in honor of Austen Powers, and he and his tough-guy frat brothers always get all mushy and emotional talking about Austen... haha.
31.gif

What are your other kitty names? Maybe we can all brainstorm something that fits with theirs....
34.gif

In the meantime, more pix!!!!
30.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
can''t wait for more pics!

my first thought was sebastian. but let me brainstorm...

martini?

we''ll hubby mentioned bond as in james bond.
then he said black/white reminded him of the rat pack. sinatra, sammy, martin, dean, davis, etc.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the name Merlin for him. Or Harley. He's SOOOOO precious!

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Hey Sum!! Way cute!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Oreo? Just thinking about black and white, certainly not the most original name but....

he is a cutie!

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
Awww I love him. Please send us more photos when he comes home!!!

Just like Jcrews hubby I thought of Bond...James Bond, shaken not stirred.

And then I noticed one white glove...MJ!

Then I thought of Pantomimes...Panto, Marcel Marceau, Grimaldi,

Black and White... Harlequin,

Black and white film....Noir, Kodak, Monochrome

Felix (remember him? He was a Tuxedo cat wasn''t he?)

Armani...because there is no better tux

Panda

I need some chocolate...I can''t think

DKS

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

I can''t think of a name, all I can think of is

Kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

More pics more pics more pics more pics
36.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Sum, he''s too cute. How about Max, or Sam?? That''s what came to mind when I saw his pic.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
For some reason, the name "Chips" came to me. Then again, our dog is named "woofie" so take that suggestion with a grain of salt.
1.gif
How about Oscar? My future last name will be "Felix", so I could never name our kitty that, but it's totally cute for yours!

luckyhonu

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AWWWWW.......he is precious! He looks exactly like my girl tuxedo. I named her Sooshi (she liked to sleep curled up). I think you''ll know the exact name when you bring him home tomorrow
9.gif
I can''t wait for more pics!

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What about Gem or Diamond, since diamonds come in black and white?!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Oh gosh, he is just precious!

It took me two months to name the cat I rescued from the pound, so I'm not sure I'll be of any help, but I'll work on it!

Can't wait to see more pictures!

ETA: I just looked again and noticed his white "Socks" or "Boots."

It's really late and I'm tired, so maybe I shouldn't try to help right now!!!

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
My internet access died as soon as I posted those last night! Thanks for all the replies!

The other kitties are Lucy and Bill and we just lost our little Max, my only other tuxdeo boy, so we can''t use that name, Kaleigh, but that''s too funny that you channeled it!

The name "James" does seem strong around him... even the shelter lady mentioned it to me when I was holding him while thinking it, but my cousin is named James so we were thinking maybe somebody that played James Bond... though I''m not up on my Bond movies... so help me out?

Oscar is also a strong contender, and I''ve been thinking Alex as well.

He''s in for neutering today and he comes home tonight! We have the den all ready for him with new toys, a new litterbox of his own, and the heated cat bed. We can keep him in there for a while until he''s ready to meet the others, but they are already curious after seeing the new bag of toys dissapear into that room!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sum, I''m so excited about your new addition! I personally love the name Oscar (but then again that''s what we just named our new puppy, so maybe I''m a bit biased...
9.gif
). Can''t wait for more pics once he''s home!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My FI and I ate at a Japanese restaurant on the weekend, and I spied ''Miso'' (Mee-so) soup on the menu... wouldn''t Miso be a cute name for a kitty??
9.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/2/2007 9:41:14 AM
Author: sumbride
My internet access died as soon as I posted those last night! Thanks for all the replies!

The other kitties are Lucy and Bill and we just lost our little Max, my only other tuxdeo boy, so we can''t use that name, Kaleigh, but that''s too funny that you channeled it!

The name ''James'' does seem strong around him... even the shelter lady mentioned it to me when I was holding him while thinking it, but my cousin is named James so we were thinking maybe somebody that played James Bond... though I''m not up on my Bond movies... so help me out?

Oscar is also a strong contender, and I''ve been thinking Alex as well.

He''s in for neutering today and he comes home tonight! We have the den all ready for him with new toys, a new litterbox of his own, and the heated cat bed. We can keep him in there for a while until he''s ready to meet the others, but they are already curious after seeing the new bag of toys dissapear into that room!
hum... well according to wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/James_Bond

Sean Connery, George Lazenby, Roger Moore, Timothy Dalton, Pierce Brosnan, & Daniel Craig all played bond.
and it was created by Ian Fleming.

and furthermore, wiki said "Ian Fleming modeled the James Bond character partially with Cary Grant in mind" which is too funny, cause that was another name hubby mentioned.

and lastly, wikie said "In July 2007, it was announced that Sebastian Faulks has been commissioned to write a Bond novel for publication in 2008." which goes back to the first name i thought of
9.gif

ok, end of bondology.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew of one named Spats once because of his tux and little white * Spats* - it suited him! He is a darling kitty- congrats! He also looks rather ' debonair!'

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
He looks like a Sebastian to me.
30.gif

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
Kitty is so adorable...Best of luck - health and happiness !!

I like name "names" for pets... I have a Crystal now - and my poor baby who past, Rickie. How about Billy or Billie ?

crystalheart1

Brilliant_Rock
sorry - I just read you have a Bill.. that was wierd to come up with the same name. I still think Ricky is cute... Lucy and Ricky lol
30.gif

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Oh Sum - what a precious baby!! Congratulations, and I can''t wait to see new pictures!

I like Roger for Roger Moore - it seems to fit from those two pictures, but as others have said, you''ll know once you get him home and the right name comes along.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 10:32:25 AM
Author: AmberGretchen
Oh Sum - what a precious baby!! Congratulations, and I can't wait to see new pictures!

I like Roger for Roger Moore - it seems to fit from those two pictures, but as others have said, you'll know once you get him home and the right name comes along.
Yup, it doesn't take long once you actually get them and get to know their personality! Everyone laughs at my cats' names...

Another suggestion - Timothy after Timothy Dalton, he was a Bond.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/1/2007 11:48:34 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!

I can''t think of a name, all I can think of is

Kittyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!

More pics more pics more pics more pics
36.gif
LOL!
9.gif

He really is a cutie. How old is he?

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
Timothy could totally work. I''ve always adopted adult cats and it was easier to know their personality instantly, but this little guy... they say he''s 5 months, but he looks more like 4 months to me. He''s old enough so that his claws aren''t little needles anymore, but he''s still a baby.

We''re also trying to figure out how to keep Lucy, the cat who needs to lose a couple pounds, out of the kitten food once he''s eating with everyone else. I think that is going to be a challenge!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/2/2007 10:53:27 AM
Author: sumbride
Timothy could totally work. I''ve always adopted adult cats and it was easier to know their personality instantly, but this little guy... they say he''s 5 months, but he looks more like 4 months to me. He''s old enough so that his claws aren''t little needles anymore, but he''s still a baby.

We''re also trying to figure out how to keep Lucy, the cat who needs to lose a couple pounds, out of the kitten food once he''s eating with everyone else. I think that is going to be a challenge!
I think Timothy is a good name for him!

LOL - I have never figured that one out when we have had youngsters join the moggy gang with the food, it is normally every cat for himself!

cat_boxing.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results