shape
carat
color
clarity

One Year Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Well, today a year ago, with the help of some really wonderful people here, I quite smoking. Today, a year later, I STILL DON''T SMOKE!!!!!!!!!! YAY ME!!!

I have to say thank you to a number of people who gave me great tips and just wonderful advice. Lorelei, my 6-month sooner quit buddy, thank you so much for hanging with me while I went through the stuff and giving me a heads up as to what was coming next.

Ellen, thank you for checking on me, being a bud, and just keeping my laughing about it all. (have you quit yet?)

Alj, friend, thank you so much for your support. It means a lot.

Skippy, you nut you, thank you for helping go through it too. Your insight was invaluable.

Deb, AGBF, thank you for checking on me.

Belle, you knew I could do it. Thanks for believing.

Strm, how have you done? I know it''s a battle. You are a strong person. God has kept me strong. He''ll keep you there too. Your lungs need you.

If I missed any of my longtime supporters, it''s because I didn''t go back and pull up the thread on it. You are not forgotten in my heart which is youthful, only my head which seems to be having more blond moments than ever.
20.gif

The other thing I have to say is that yesterday I went over my 3,000th post here. It only took almost four years! Apparently I am not posting enough. LOL

Anyway, thanks so much to you all. Between God, my DH, and you guys here, I made it a year. It was difficult to do, but half the fun was getting here with ya''ll.

shay

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well done Shay!!!!! You have done something wonderful and you should be proud of yourself!!!

My DH smokes and I pray he will give up. I guess the time has to be right though.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay...it''s good to see you back here posting again!!! I remember your post last year about quitting, CONGRATULATIONS woman!! It takes so much to do it I would imagine, it''s so wonderful that you were able to stick with it. And CONGRATS also to Lorelei who I know is still smoke-free after what...at least a year if not longer? And ROD as well who is like going on 2 or 3 years?? Big hearty congrats to you all...YAY.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Shay, I''m sooooo proud of you. Way to go. You did it!
36.gif

Not yet, but I''m eyeing the Chantix, and psyching myself up for another go round.
28.gif

congratsonkickingit.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrat! That is so wonderful!!!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Maisie, I knew I missed you. I hope your DH quits too. I know that my DH had wanted me to quit for a long time, but I had to want it for me.

Mara, hey honey. How are you doing? I know it''s been a while. My DH has been hogging the comp. for 7 weeks this summer and 6 weeks this fall. It was killing me. Then you just get out of the habit, ya know? Well, I''m back now. Hopefully, I get to keep the puter for me for awhile.

Ellen, my friend, you can do it, darlin''. I promise. I am the weakest-willed person I know. It wasn''t the will that got me through. It was the want to. I had to WANT it, ya know? You get that stuff or whatever else it takes. I used to think that if I really wanted to quit, I could do it cold turkey. Yeah, right.
20.gif
It took me the Nicorette to do it. It''s an addiction, not an affectation.
2.gif
We''ll all support you. You know we will.

shay

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you back Shay. I missed your fantabulous eyelashes
2.gif

door knob solitaire

Ideal_Rock
We are proud of you! Say we are proud of you!! Hey Hey Hey

We are proud of you! Say we are proud of you!!
Hey!!! Hey!!! Hey!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy 1 year and 3,000 posts in 4!!! It is great to see you Miss Shay, my hubby is going to be smoke free 3 years in April! You deserve a big ol' treat for such an accomplishment
11.gif
31.gif
9.gif
We are so Proud of you and you are probably extremely Proud too; Whoooo Hoooo Shay
36.gif

rockon2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY FOR YOU SHAY!!!!! That''s awesome, congrats on your one year of being smoke free!!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY for you Shay...that is just something wonderful and you should be proud...

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 4:04:11 PM
Author: Shay37

Ellen, my friend, you can do it, darlin''. I promise. I am the weakest-willed person I know. It wasn''t the will that got me through. It was the want to. I had to WANT it, ya know? You get that stuff or whatever else it takes. I used to think that if I really wanted to quit, I could do it cold turkey. Yeah, right.
20.gif
It took me the Nicorette to do it. It''s an addiction, not an affectation.
2.gif
We''ll all support you. You know we will.

shay
Yes, I do know that.
1.gif

And seriously, 4 years to get 3 thousand?? You need to get out more.
9.gif
Hope yer stickin around...
2.gif

AND, you changed yer sig.
11.gif
I do like it, but it just doesn''t have the history the other one has.
lol.gif

Steel

Ideal_Rock
A most hearty congratulations on being a non smoker.

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Shay!!! That''s awesome! Keep up the great work!

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Tacori, SDL, dks, kaleigh, mrss, steel, snlee, Thank you guys for the well wishes. It means so much to have such a history of good times and good friends here.

Matata, I have missed you all so much. Thank for the props to my eyelashes.
2.gif
I need an emoticon that can bat its eyelashes. LOL

Miss Ellen, if I got out anymore, I wouldn''t have any posts at all. Yeah, after almost 4 years, I don''t think I''m going anywhere. As far as my sig, I had made that random comment in one of my posts yesterday, and it just resonated with me for some reason.
27.gif

shay

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/4/2008 7:39:19 PM
Author: Shay37

Miss Ellen, if I got out anymore, I wouldn''t have any posts at all. Yeah, after almost 4 years, I don''t think I''m going anywhere. As far as my sig, I had made that random comment in one of my posts yesterday, and it just resonated with me for some reason.
27.gif

shay
lol I meant get out more in here.
2.gif

And yes, I saw that post.
9.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay Shay! That''s a fantastic anniversary!

I''m so proud of you for sticking with it!

scarleta

Brilliant_Rock
Shay I was not there to help you out a year ago, but I am so happy for you.Congratulations to you.great news...
36.gif

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congrats Shay! That''s an awesome accomplishment...I remember (I think) when you mentioned you were quitting and am very pleased for you!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Shay that is so wonderful - good for you! That is quite an acomplishment and you should be very proud of yourself.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
congrats, Shay!!!! So proud of you!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

I''m approaching my one-year anniversary (end of February)...I''ve had a few slip-ups along the way but have managed to stay on the wagon I would say 98%. I''m very glad Illinois'' ban of smoking in all public places just went into effect January 1st, makes it so much easier to go out to eat and not be as tempted, plus everyone is able to breathe cleaner air now!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Shay,

Such an amazing accomplishment. I hope you''ve done something very nice for yourself in honor of your health! Your lungs thank you.

Hooray!!!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew you could do it Shay!!! I am so PROUD of you!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
It is good to be a non smoker!!! And it is SO GOOD to see you back here
35.gif

Mara, thanks for the support and kudos, yes it is now 18 months for me, it will be 2 years end of this July.

Monnie, a huge congrats to you too!!

I think there is definitely non smoking fairy dust which is here for Pricescopers who want to quit!

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
CONGRATULATIONS! That is a big achievement.

Well done! As a smoker who recently quit, I know just what an achievement this is. I will be at my 1 year anniversary at the end of Feb, same as Monarch. (It would have been first Jan, but I had a brief wobble and had to start again! LOL)

Good for you. (and good for us, Monarch!
9.gif
)

Jen

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh monnie i thought about you when i posted up above but i couldn''t remember if you were able to stay smoke free...CONGRATS...huge accomplishment! you too mrs mitchell. you are doing such wonderful things for your bodies for sure.

shay, so glad that DH let you back on to play a little. so are there any therapy recommendations from your psychologist? if so, can''t wait to see them.
31.gif

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations Shay!!!! That is definitely something to be VERY proud of!
36.gif

Kudos to all the ex-smokers on this forum....
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

MissErin

Brilliant_Rock
I know I am new and a day late but I still want to say...

Congratulations000020.gif

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! Quitting smoking can make a huge, positive impact on your life!

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on quitting it can be hard but it is so worth it :)

Sometimes you may feel an urge but just remember that you have gone so long without it starting again would just be a waste :) Congrats once again :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results