shape
carat
color
clarity

OMG! Someone tried to break into our apt building!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rierie26

Shiny_Rock
My bf was unloading groceries from the car just a couple of feet away and he had propped open the outer gate of our building. I had ran inside to grab a sweater and was walking out of the apartment when I saw some guy trying to open the building's inner door with keys. At first I was going to open it because I thought it was my boyfriend but something seemed off to me when I realized my boyfriend wasn't wearing a coat. So I just hung back to see if the person could really open the door. We're the only tenants in the building right now and our elderly landlady lives in an apartment above us and her family comes to visit often, so I didn't want to assume that they were trying to break in. My boyfriend then came rushing up and started yelling at him about what he was doing, go away, etc. I saw the guy's face and he definitely wasn't related to our landlady. That's when I realized it was just some random guy trying to break in!
39.gif
I'm in such shock! We were literally only a minute away from the door!

It really scares me since I live alone most of the time (bf lives in Germany due to work transfer) and it's just me and our landlady. If something (knock-on-wood) were to happen, it would just be the two of us.
40.gif

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG that''s so scary!!! Did you report the incident to the management company for your building? I''m sure they''d like to know and perhaps they can beef up the security for the time being since it''s just you and the older lady there right now. I''d also mention it to her so she''s extra cautious.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Ditto to everything Hudson Hawk said - may even be worth a report to your local police as well, you can never be too careful!

So sorry you had this scare - fingers crossed this was a one-time thing and it won''t happen again...

tlh

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/6/2010 7:36:36 AM
Author: Hudson_Hawk
OMG that''s so scary!!! Did you report the incident to the management company for your building? I''m sure they''d like to know and perhaps they can beef up the security for the time being since it''s just you and the older lady there right now. I''d also mention it to her so she''s extra cautious.
DITTO! That is scary. I''m so glad that you and your BF weren''t hurt!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
Kitcha- I''m sorry this happened, but the good news is he didn''t make it in! Did you report him to the police??

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yikes, that's very scary. Glad you're okay.

This happened years back when I lived in my first apartment. I head jingling at my front door and looked through the peep hole and a guy had a key ring with about 25 keys on it and he was messing with my lock! Get this -> it was a larger complex. . .I saw the apartment manager walking through the parking lot and walked up to her and told her about it and she began RUNNING away from me! I was so young - like 21 or 22 and didn't call the police, but moved soon after. It was obvious it was an "inside job."

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results