shape
carat
color
clarity

OK.. Its my turn for house vibes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
So.. it looks like we are going to buy a house.. The process is slowly in the works.. and I''ve been trying to keep quiet as not to jinx anything.. but my fiances parents are going to co-sign on the mortgage for us.. so we should be able to get a good rate and all.. We are going to start with quite a low bid.. because we think the asking price is WAY high.. and we got some info from a neighbor to the house that the owner is willing to sell a lot lower than the asking price. So hopefully all will go well!

Its an older house.. and honestly it needs a little work cosmetically on the outside.. but we are IN LOVE with it.

These are pics from the real estate listing.. they''re terrible.. perhaps they should have turned on a lamp! hopefully we will be able to go back and get pics of our own later this week..

Isn''t it adorable?

This is the AWESOME kitchen. It makes me want to learn to cook!

Formal dining room (there is no actual eating space in the kitchen other than that little ledge you can see in the above picture

This is the biggest bedroom, I believe.

The cute little garage..which definitely needs some maintenance..

The rest of the pictures from the listing are too bad to even bother posting. But I know lots of girls have gotten good luck from the pricescope house fairy. :)

snuga

Brilliant_Rock
I hope everything goes well for you. I love old houses, and yours looks really cute! Please keep us posted!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Good luck with everything, and i hope it goes great for you!! You are right, the house is adorable!!!!
2.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I brightened up a picture of the living room, because I thought it was important.. Its still not a good picture as the room is about twice as big..

It also has a partially finished basement, that I am planning on making my bar room, and a walk up attic, which with a little bit of work could become a lovely playroom for future children.
Its also practically next door to the town park with a great playground.. If anyone has followed my saga.. its the park where I THOUGHT my fiance was going to propose to me but he didn''t.. lol..
The neighborhood is adorable.. a lovely little village. Walking distance to a plaza as well as this quaint little village shopping area.. there is a 5 and dime and a historic movie theater, and lots of cute little shops..
Our backyard is teeny, but its all fenced in which I really like.. because the houses are close together.. so the fence is key for privacy.. the back deck has a hottub.. but it hasn''t been kept up.. so it probably needs to be repaired or replaced.

237754003.jpg

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
And I nearly forgot! It has squirrels! I LOVE squirrels.. and even though I live in the country.. I have no squirels in my neighborhood.. I have always envied my fiance because he does have squirells.. Today we went to the house and there were squirrells all around.. they even climbed up onto the roof! and they climbed back and forth between the two big tress in the front yard.. it was soo cute!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Melissasue, that house is just adorable, I love it!!! I am sending you my most powerful PS house vibes and hoping the PS House Fairy makes this dream come true for you guys!!!! I am very supersticious in case you didn't know, so fingers, and toes are crossed and I am also knocking on wood for you!!!
21.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Congrats and best of luck! I love old homes and love those beautiful old trees that flank the house!

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
My fingers are crossed for you!!!
The process can be so nerve-racking, I hope it all works out. Old homes definitely have a charm that makes the updating worth it.

We bought an old house (1940) last year, it''s stucco (but I wanted a bungalow). We couldn''t resist the lot, 3 of them actually, it''s huge with room to build which is good because the house is only 1200 sq ft.
6.gif
But it does have a full size basement, room for a wine cellar and a jewelry/gun safe! We also need to build a garage so I''m totally envious of the adorable one in your pic above. We have great plans for this house, we call it our ''city house''.

I love all the older homes in our area, sounds alot like yours with the park. They hold "Friday Nite Flicks" in the park here during the summer. It''s great to see all the people getting together for that. There''s shopping nearby and everything is so charming. We love the little markets, bars and restaurants. So many people are moving back in, renovating the older homes (prices are sky rocketing) many homes are being torn down or moved and then these gorgeous homes are being built in their place.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
MS- too too exciting!! the house looks really cute... sending you lots of good vibes!!

I am so jealous though! We can''t even come close to buying a 1 br condo where we live right now (300-400 grand... ouch), and I want a house so badly! Ah well... hopefully in a couple years when I finish school. Affordable housing- possibly the only good thing about Buffalo
9.gif

Patty

Ideal_Rock
I love the house! It''s very cute, with a lot of character.
36.gif

Now, if you want squirrels, I''ll ship a few dozen to you.
14.gif

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
sending best wishes and good vibes ur way!!! hope u get it...when will u find out if ur bid is accepted???

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! It may be awhile until we find out.. For whatever reason.. the pre-approval for the mortgage is taking FOREVER. FI got a really high interest rate.. so now his parents are co-signing.. so they had to start all over.. Hopefully we will find that out today.. but we probably won''t be able to go back through the house to decide what offer we are definitely going to make until this weekend.

MINE!!

Ideal_Rock
Good Luck! I love old houses!! I have always wanted to buy one of those old victorian style houses with the ''round'' windows.. ahhhhhh...

You can lighten that house up with a little paint.. It is awesome!! Good luck!!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
It's a very cute house, has a lot of character...those are the best houses. I don't think the outside needs that much done to it. Just some freshening up. You could go on 'Curb Appeals' on HGTV!
9.gif

The area sounds just like where I live. I'll kep my fingers crossed that you'll be it's future owners.

I love the yard...it appears to have a lot of trees. I love trees.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha the loving squirrel posts cracked me up. Yes they are cute but you will be cursing them if you plant anything in that yard of yours...they love to dig and eat plants and bulbs...they are my nemesis here and I have pots, not even stuff in the ground. Thank goodness Portia keeps them at bay, she loves to chase them. I also sprinkle cayenne pepper around the pots, and they detest that.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The squirrels around here will like laugh at you. They have such nerve. Good luck with the house MS!!!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
Oh MelissaSue,

Have recently gone through this process I know how stressing it is. All I can say is that if it is meant to be your house, it will be. Keep us updated!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
Fingers and toes crossed ... tons of good luck house vibes coming at ya from texas!!! the pricescope house fairy helped me and i know it/he/she will help you too! i think the house is adorable! so exciting!
36.gif
36.gif
We have tons of squirrels -- they get pretty aggressive around here. Dunno how long you''ll LOVE them...hehe.

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I am just getting so tired of all this waiting around stuff. We called the realtor yesterday to see when we could make an appointment to go through the house again (we were hoping for tomorrow) and she still hasn''t called us back! We are dealing only with the agent who is selling the house because we didn''t have our own... so you''d think she would get back to us.. if she actually wanted to sell the freaking house!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Call her again(nicely). A good realtor promptly gets back to their clients. Even if you aren''t using your own realtor she is working with you.

House buying can be an annoying long process but everything will fall into place
1.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
Okay.. We are going to see the house again this evening! I will bring my digital camera. The realtor lady said that she had "misplaced" her cell phone which is why she did not return our call.. WHAT?! That sure gives me a lot of confidence! I also found out that my fiance did not originally get in touch with the realtor that is the sellers agent. He''s been dealing with some other woman at the same office. I mean I guess it does not matter.. but I guess that explains why she is not super motivated to sell the house to us..

Also two days ago the dummy told us that there was no other people interested in the house, and now that its clear that we have the pre-approval for the mortgage and are going back to see house, there is another person/people that are ready to put an offer in too.. My fiance thinks she is lying now..But I almost think she was lying before to get us off her case because it was taking so long to pre-approve us for the mortgage (it took like two weeks).. Don''t really know.. but I''m nervous!

Caribou

Brilliant_Rock
Good luck MelissaSue.

I worked for a real estate agency back in the day. Some, not all, will say and do what they need to, to get a sale. Hopefully, she''s lying about other people being interested and you''re the only ones.

Sending positive vibes your way.
16.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, hopefully she is not lying. She might try to tell you there is another buyer who has put in a better offer so that you wind up having to put in a higher offer if you want the house. You really should get a lawyer (Experienced in real estate) or realtor to help you in the process.

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
We had that happen too. As soon aswe told them we were interested and were going toget pre-approved, the seller''s agent told us oh, we have a offer coming in tonight, you guys better hury and make us a goooood offer! We did not hurry and refused to be intimidated so we offered what we wanted to pay. Needless to say, there was NOT another offer coming in that night. She was totally lying. I think Alleycat had a similar storyand I think that she nad her FI actually caught them red handed. DO NOT beleive eveything they tell you. Stick to your guns and your budet and the right house will come to you!

allycat0303

Ideal_Rock
MelissaSue,

Yes that happened to us too. My boyfriend insisted on sitting in front of the house to prove the agent was lying (she was) and I believed her
14.gif
. Embarressing, but I''m begining to think it''s the most common ploy in the book.

Make an offer if you are sure, and make it in the amount you are comfortable with. If it''s meant to be, it will happen. Don''t let the real estate agent pull a fast one on you. I''m sending you positive thoughts! Hugs!

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I''m a realtor, and we''re not all slimy liars like that!!! Here''s sending you strong house vibes so you get the home at the price you want. It''s just a darling house. I love it. Good luck!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I hope your visit goes well this weekend, MS! You may soon have a fabulous new house..
36.gif
(sending the pricescope fairy!)

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
UGH.. The house visit went well.. We sort of had to talk FIs mother into liking the house (for whatever reason.. she never realized that a house that is 80 years old won''t look like her house on the inside)... but we did..
But they are still trying to tell us that there is someone else making an offer on the house. My FI really thinks she is lying.. but I just can''t be sure..
So we are probably going to bid $5k under asking price.. (We were originally thinking of going to 20-25K under because that is what the guy paid for it and had apparently told his neighbors he was expecting to get).. and I don''t like going so high.. I don''t feel good about it.. but if she''s NOT lying.. we don''t want to lose out to another buyer.. NOW its really getting stressful. I was about to cry last night because after we went through the house (FI took GREAT pictures.. I will have them to post tomorrow probably) I really wanted the house.. and then the lady was telling us there was another buyer.. and AHHH! So stressful.

Anyway.. I will keep you all posted!

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Did you put in an offer yet? If the seller doesn''t like your offer he can always counter back.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results