shape
carat
color
clarity

Off PS how often do you discuss politics?

Off PS how often do you discuss politics?

• 1 Never

Votes: 9 33.3%

Votes: 3 11.1%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 1 3.7%

Votes: 5 18.5%

Votes: 2 7.4%

Votes: 0 0.0%

• 10 Constantly

Votes: 3 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
On other Fora, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs, etc., how much do you discuss politics?

This poll is NOT for real life/in person, only online discussions.
I think some people's responses would vary in-person vs. online, which would render the poll meaningless.

If you want to volunteer your in-person answer you may post it in the thread.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are we talking other social media only or in real life ie at home with family or with friends?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always get into a fight with brother when ever we see each other. ..he is way left...
nuts.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
arkieb1|1410660906|3750621 said:
Are we talking other social media only or in real life ie at home with family or with friends?

On other Fora, Facebook, Twitter, Blogs.

I thought there would be a huge difference in real live vs. online life often enough to render the poll useless.

I'll edit my OP.
Thanks.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discuss politics online probably occasionally so it would be a 4. I discuss politics with my friends occasionally so probably a 5 or a 6 and my family all the time probably a 9 or a 10. So that is a difficult poll to answer.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
My husband and I talk about politics often. We watch the news and talk about potential presidential candidates, and when we go to his parents' house, we always end up discussing politics. My family and my husband's parents are on the same side we are. My husband's siblings lean the other way, so we don't discuss politics with them because it can get too heated.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discuss politics with my dh often but we agree for the most part so no heated arguments at least regarding politics LOL.

I cannot discuss politics with my aunt and uncle as they are too hard headed to see more than one POV and we do not agree for the most part.

With some friends I can discuss and agree to disagree if we don't agree but with other friends it is too heated and we agree not to discuss politics.

I have friends with all different POV's and I like that otherwise how boring if we all agreed all the time. And I enjoy political debates with them when we do not agree if both of us don't take it personally and disagree respectfully.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Constantly...and I have friends that I love with different opinions. I respect theirs and they respect mine.

The fiance expresses his views with blatant defiance to provoke and "win" through annihilation. He is not politically correct and has no patience with varnishing the truth or tempering it with flattery. The bull in the china shop :) But that is his personality.

So we made a deal I will handle the sticky social things and he will be my "enforcer" should we need a more direct approach. For example, I have a problem with something I buy and a cheerful me call does not have effect (and I am clearly not being treated fairly) I will release the Kraken. :lol:

Anyhow...the fiance LOVES to discuss politics. The man has strong views.

Myself, I keep a little closer to the chest, but there are topics that will bring me out of the corner pretty quick.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to disclaim upfront that I am a absolute news junkie. The internet has opened up information--as we all know--to the extent that you can go now back & research articles pertaining to an issue & learn how & why it developed--which I frequently do on the issues most interesting to me.

Depending on the schedule, I have cspan on all day long in my home office--perhaps my context differs from those who are not as informed. Probably my biggest motivation is I want to make my own decisions & opinions based on fundamental facts rather than Mainstream media spin. & what an illumination! When I hear/read issue discussions amongst friends, it's very interesting the opinions & basis thereof--some have a grasp of the facts, others clearly not.

However, I never twitter, nor fb about it at all. I just don't want a permanent public discourse on the internet. I do not have a twitter account, & rarely post to FB, although I read FB daily.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I discuss it a fair amount online. I rarely do so on FB or Twitter (maybe a share or a retweet here or there), but I frequent another forum where I discuss and message about local politics. In real life it comes up often.

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
Not much, though it highly interests me and I am a history buff. I'm a very private person. Most people don't have any clue of my political beliefs or who I vote for, etc. My Facebook is all about art, photography, and fun things. I don't use it as a billboard for my private life and political and religious beliefs.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have never discussed my political views on an online forum.

I have friends with the same views and friends with opposing views and it has never been a problem during political discussions.

My brother and I have very different political views and he was furious with me during the last election because I did not vote for his candidate. It was as though he never heard the phrase "Agree to disagree".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FYI..75% of PSers are Liberals.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1410761305|3751112 said:

Just curious why a majority of US PSers are liberals... correlation or causation with diamonds??? :naughty: :naughty: (I am outside the US so not counted in that number)..

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Never in public floras.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mochiko42|1410765660|3751122 said:

Just curious why a majority of US PSers are liberals... correlation or causation with diamonds??? :naughty: :naughty: (I am outside the US so not counted in that number)..

FYI - DF does not know that for a fact- he makes stuff up about liberals (on PS and elsewhere) all the time because he has a persecution complex and thinks evil libs are out to get him. :rolleyes:

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Boy you are curious today!

It's forbidden at my job, my friends shove it down my throat on FB. Because I am religious they assume the opposite of what I think. Don't want to get into it with them. I hate election time. Politics is like religion, not gonna change someone's mind.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ksinger|1410801097|3751277 said:
mochiko42|1410765660|3751122 said:

FYI - DF does not know that for a fact- he makes stuff up about liberals (on PS and elsewhere) all the time because he has a persecution complex and thinks evil libs are out to get him. :rolleyes:
I kept on turning left since I became a PSer... :wacko:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had a total stranger nearly shout her party name at me yesterday. Then she referred to herself as "an informed old woman." She bad-mouthed the other party. This was totally out of the blue, unprovoked, and honestly unwarranted. It was hilarious. I just told her I admired her conviction.

I like to imagine DF behaving similarly in public, but maybe he is quieter offline. :whistle:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1410889222|3751960 said:
I had a total stranger nearly shout her party name at me yesterday. Then she referred to herself as "an informed old woman." She bad-mouthed the other party. This was totally out of the blue, unprovoked, and honestly unwarranted. It was hilarious. I just told her I admired her conviction.

I like to imagine DF behaving similarly in public, but maybe he is quieter offline. :whistle:
:silenced: :wink2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1410906850|3752151 said:

:liar: :angel:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1410907089|3752156 said:

I love talking to liberals... :wink2:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1410913666|3752214 said:
monarch64|1410907089|3752156 said:

I love talking to liberals... :wink2:

:hand: :doh:

I knew it!

I wish someone would start a thread about opposing political views within marriages. Now THAT could be interesting, if we could keep it neutral as far as language? Like, "Do you and your SO agree about politics?" Or something.

I'm not doing it!!! :lol: That's a DF or Kenny thread, for sure!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I never discuss it online, and I discuss it as little as possible elsewhere. I feel like there is such corruption by the time anyone gets to a higher office that most politicians cannot be trusted. I got a call from a pollster just yesterday, and she asked if I was a D, R, or something else. I happily said "something else".

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="monarch64|

I wish someone would start a thread about opposing political views within marriages. Now THAT could be interesting, if we could keep it neutral as far as language? Like, "Do you and your SO agree about politics?" Or something.

I'm not doing it!!! :lol: That's a DF or Kenny thread, for sure![/quote]

Mon64

come on do it!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1410917920|3752248 said:

I'd never start a contentious thread.
I'm too worried about everyone liking me. :halo:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kenny|1410929571|3752337 said:
monarch64|1410917920|3752248 said:

I'd never start a contentious thread.
I'm too worried about everyone liking me. :halo:

Ella, where IS that "b.s." (bullshit) emoticon??? :think:

:shhh:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
;(

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:boohoo: