shape
carat
color
clarity

NYC train crash.

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh my I'll assume that's the Metro North line as I got a text message from notify NYC earlier that it was closed. I'll be hoping that a Sunday morning train was mostly empty. My thoughts go out to anyone who may be affected.

TooPatient

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope all the NY PSers are okay!
Sending all the positive thoughts I can to the 63 injured and the families of all the passengers as they sort through everything.

Wow!
I suppose it could have been a lot worse (as in a more crowded train), but the pictures and stories from people there are just awful! Looks like they have no real way to know for sure how many were on board? Or maybe it is just so chaotic they couldn't tell for sure who all got out already? They sent dive teams and dogs to check the river as they were concerned passengers may have been thrown out of the train while it rolled :sick:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am going to read more about it now. Thank you for posting. It is close to me, but not the railroad line that we use to get from home to Manhattan. My great-nephew just arrived on Amtrak from Boston to Stamford, Connecticut on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving but then took a bus home from Manhattan to Boston on Saturday. He would not have been on a train bound for or coming from Poughkeepsie, however. Our route is along the coast of Long Island Sound.

What a tragic end to what should have been a happy weekend for families!

AGBF

SB621

Ideal_Rock
OMG that is the line we take when we visit my inlaws!!!!! We probably would have been on had we not cancelled our thanksgiving trip last minute. OMG I have to send the link to my DH. I'm so sorry for all the people who were on board. this just gave me chills!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results