shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, that is a beautiful pic! Looks like a really lovely place. Hope your getaway is off to a good start, have fun!

Jimmianne, Yep, definitely a little bling fever going on with a few of the nirdis! I don't know much about asschers so really can't offer a helpful opinion - they both look very pretty to me, and the 1.52 looks a little brighter so I think I lean towards that one a little…but they both look like very nice stones! How do you think you would set it?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I hope your classes went well today and you weren’t bored. Every time my mind wanders in class the teacher seems to know and asks me a question. Darn! Hopefully they have great diamond light and pretty Bea can keep you company. It is bitter cold here today but not as cold as it will probably get. Poor Marty doesn’t have any seriously warm coats that fit him. Good thing he is warm blooded and works at home. I think my newsletter looks fine in the program I’ve been using and hopefully someday they’ll update the newer version with all the features the older version had in it. Mac forums speculate they took away features to make it more compatible across the iPhone, iPad and Mac.

Jimmianne, I am anxiously waiting for picture of pretty Joy. Definitely get what you want for an asscher instead of settling. I am trying to keep bling fever suppressed since I don’t need to be spending money on jewelry right now.

June, I hope things do work out that your brother can stay in your mom’s house. I am changing up some things in the newsletter but no sense spending hours and hours trying to learn a new software program just for the newsletter. I will continue to tweak it and give it a new appearance anyway. I am very excited you are finally going to get the cluster ring. I can’t wait to see pictures of it.

Great view Scandi!

We only had about an inch of snow but it is cold and icy so I am enjoying staying home today. I slept in about an hour. I made some chocolate chip cookies. A friend of mine brought lunch over for us so I thanked her with some hot cookies.

I washed our flannel sheets this morning and got them on our bed. Marty said he was surprised I hadn’t dug them out sooner. I am taking care of laundry today and I really need to start working on my annual Christmas poem.

Take care.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My other niece's ring. My sister said the stones are about 5.5 mm and around .62 carats. The band is white gold, the photo is kind of yellow.

img_3522_copy.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, I am keeping my fingers crossed that it works out for your brother and that he can stay in the house he loves and has been living in all this time. I am thinking your mom would have liked that as well knowing he is safe and sound. I am very excited for you to receive the antique cluster ring and please share photos with us as soon as you can. I need a pick me up so need some pretty bling photos as soon as possible. Yesterday was like trying to learn a foreign language with too many students who all spoke different languages simultaneously and there was not enough personal instruction (though the instructor tried) and it felt chaotic. I appreciate your good wishes as always.

Jimmianne, ooh good luck. I am in no shape to evaluate and comment on what you should do but will check out your link later and if I have an opinion one way or another I will share it with you. Admiring gorgeous jewels is sometimes what gets me through the day. Looking forward to seeing what you decide. I love antique diamonds of any shape and (one of) my PS mantra(s) is to get exactly what you want or you will not be satiated and a deal is only a deal if you are getting what you want and the bigger the diamond the better appreciated are the facets especially with our older eyes. 8)

I checked the dress and my label is gone as they often are due to my sensitive skin. But it might be a Lilly Pulitzer. Sorry I cannot be sure! It is an older tunic dress that I got years ago.

Marcy, Yumm to chocolate chip cookies and glad you and your friend enjoyed them after a good lunch. Flannel sheets wow that is warm. I think I would die of the heat but glad they are keeping you comfie and toasty. Glad you only got an inch of snow but boo to ice. I wish snow would fall and stay white and pretty until it was completely gone without ice of any sort. The only ice I like is that in my vodka tonic. :lol: Marty is like Greg. He rarely wears a winter (or any) coat even in the coldest weather. Our crazy men. :???:

Love the ring for your niece. Beautiful blue. :love:

Scandi, beautiful view.

Thank you for your good wishes about yesterday girls. The session lasted longer than expected (probably because of all the questions) and my group was larger than it should have been as most days had a group of 6-7 and we had 9-11 (afternoon session had 11 people) in a tiny room with one instructor.

It was confusing and chaotic and for someone with my computer/technical abilities and understanding more challenging than it would have been for the average person I think. Plus we never got into my specific ophthalmology template and next week we go live and have no reduced patient schedule. We go live with the new system next week. Oh and none of the patient data from our current EHR system has yet been transferred and I can guess that won't go smoothly. That is critical for my clinic and just another big bump in this road.

I literally slept less than 1 hour last night (finally fell asleep at 4AM and had to wake at 5AM) as I was awake the whole night, hour after hour, thinking about the nightmare this is for me. I don't want to leave and give up but this reminds me of those nightmares I used to have about Geometric Optics on Optometry school. It wasn't pretty.

So I am repeating another (NIRDI) mantra- One day at a time and I will see how it goes. Next week is further complicated by the fact that Greg could only schedule his long overdue Colonoscopy on my workday so that is one day less (1 vs 2 days) of having on site help because after next week we are on our own completely.

And even the on site help we will have for 1 week next week only consists of 2 people for a whole clinic of doctors, nurses, medical assistants and staff. So good luck to us and specifically to me because the younger people (MA's etc) seemed OK with it all. And I am only 1 of 3 clinicians who never used e clinical because all the other clinicians work in clinics where they use the e clinical EHR already.

I am at a distinct disadvantage and the fact I have a full patient schedule when we go live with the new EHR schedule seems ludicrous to me and voicing my concerns falls onto deaf ears so now I will take it as it comes. And then I am off for 2 weeks the last 2 weeks of December so not going to solidify anything in one day of seeing patients next Thursday. Timing was less than ideal (for me) for this whole EHR fiasco.

Today I am back to the clinic and one last day on the current EHR system.

Good news update-Theo, Zeke and Yoshi continue to do well woohoo!!!! Theo had some health issues this week but thankfully he is now A-OK. :appl:
Adding a Bea pic just to add some cheery bling to my mostly dreary post.

I hope everyone has a good day. :wavey:

yoshiandzeke.jpg

beaatnightafteralongday.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm glad Bea made it through the long day. She looks as though she spent the day at a spa relaxing : )

Yes, this finding diamonds thing is complex. I NEED one, then the next day I don't care. What else could the $$ be spent on that is ultimately more rewarding? [let's not even mention the word practical]. I don't want to go larger than 7mm & I do know that a 6.5mm square cut would fit my pre-loved Martin Flyer, which I love but am not crazy about the pink spinel center. But then again I really want an asscher in a very plain setting to stack. In France you never ever see big diamonds, hardly ever smaller ones. I would never wear Joy there - even for a party, so the asschers are quite unassuming if they are not too large and can still entertain one at boring dinner parties in the low light. [I imagine Bea got a few glance from you during the long day yesterday?]
It's just fun to look and by getting ASETS on three stones it will be of interest. I'm finding that there are some beautiful SI1s, something I never would have considered before, but suddenly it seems as though it might be OK. Somehow the proper, perfectly cut colorless, vs's seem boring. That's why Adam will be of interest.
Sorry - just a total ramble here.

thank you for checking the label on your tunic. So happy about the kitties. Be warned, with your tender heart you may soon find a new kitty cause. I think it's in your genes to be a kitty advoCATe.

Scandi, what a beautiful photograph. Can we get more please? :appl:

June, I'm glad there's a possibility that your brother would stay in the house. [does that mean less work for you?? :angel: ]
Looking forward to your ring-a-bling!

Marcy, got any snow pictures for us? Are they predicting a white christmas there? or is it too soon to tell? This upstate NY girl misses snow, so can you please share yours? How are you loving your car these days? Still get that thrill when you hop in to go somewhere?
A good snowmobile, yes?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, lovely. Thank you!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Did you happen to see the blue spinel over in Diamond Eye Candy? It's beautiful!!! I can't believe they even had training in December. It would seem to make more sense to do this at the beginning of the year when many people are not on vacation. Oh wait, I'm sure someone's bonus was tied into all employees having the training this calendar year! Please try to remember there is always a learning curve when using new software. Don't be so hard on yourself. You will learn this and be fine.

Junie, Fingers crossed this all works out with your brother being able to stay in the house. It would be a win win for everyone, although im sure one family member isn't seeing it quite the same way. Family... You have to love them! I love the diamond cluster ring but I also love the pink stone ring. I've loved this one since the first time your posted it. Tell your husband you can't make up your mind. Maybe he will suggest getting both. Don't laugh, my husband actually has said that. I do think he is on to me now when I say it. I haven't heard get both recently.

Jimmianne, Both diamonds look beautiful to me. I can't wait to see what you chose as a setting. I'm with you on the SI1. I can't see anything without a strong loop anymore, which is probably a blessing. You should have been in Chicago this past Sunday. They said we would be getting 3 inches of snow. We ended up with 8 inches but was it beautidul.. The trees looked so pretty. As much as I complain about snow I think I would miss it if I ever lived in a warmer climate. I love the way a wet heavy snow makes everything look after a storm.

Scandi, Beautiful pictures. I hope you are enjoying your time alone with your husband.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

My DH censored this one lol

2016-12-09_00.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vent: I could not get on line this morning on my laptop (my safest computer). I checked my router, it was not showing the "Linksys" lit up. I hard booted it and the modem, then I started hassling with the computer itself. NO LUCK. So I went to Costco and bought a cheap HP laptop. Before I swapped them out, I tried my laptop: IT WORKED FINE. What the fark? You have to bring in the replacement in order for it to behave the way it always has?

I got so frustrated this morning with it, I felt like a 2-year-old. I just ate a pint of Hagen Daz and some Doritos. :angryfire: :doh: :angryfire:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, we posted at about the same time so I missed your um 'chipmunks' pic, heeehee that is super funny!!!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I used to think old riled up people were funny. Now I feel badly about laffing at them. BECAUSE APPARENTLY NOW I *AM* an easily irritated old person. :angryfire: :angryfire: :angryfire:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so sorry the new medical records program is causing you such strife. It must be hard trying to provide the usual excellent care to your patients at the same time as trying to figure out all this other stuff. And scheduling these sessions and help personnel in December is just dumb. Either do it sooner or later, but not right before and during the holidays.

To distract you, I've taken this picture of my new pleated fleece hat and scarf. I'm kind of miffed she looks cuter in them than I do!

And I love that photo of my virtual cat Yoshi with his super long whiskers and his ear hair!! Zeke is cute too! So glad to see them safe and healthy. One of the good events of 2016 - there are so few!

Jimmianne, glad you're feeling better and I'd love to offer my opinion about your two asschers but I know nothing about them except they're pretty. I've loved this antique Cartier 5 ct since my early, early PS days:

I understand about Frenchwomen not sporting big rockage though. But if I get another ring, I want to go big. What looked like the perfect stone slipped away from me, but there's another out there for me.

Kristie, there's something about tech problems that makes me a special kind of crazy. It's like my anger meter has a special setting that goes up to at least 13!! I can really lose my s#%t when those kind of things go wrong. So blame the laptop, not yourself!!

Junie, I hope it all works out with your mother's house. Make sure, if it's given to your brother, there aren't any tax implications for the estate or all of you other siblings. I'm not saying there are because tax law and probate law are not my areas, but it's worth checking on.

Callie, glad to see you post!!. I saw your other thread, but didn't participate because I knew it would take a predictable turn and once those voices show up, there's no point. I feel your anguish though. As Dumbledore said in 'Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire', "Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy." I'm trying my very hardest to choose what's right.

Scandi, love the scenery - both the night view and Chipmunk Womanl! Hope you're having a great time.

It's been very cold here with maybe some snow tonight. I don't like to drive in the snow so I'll be staying home if there's white on the ground. And I have packages coming so need to be around. We've had a ring of people stealing packages off of porches and I'd rather not be one of the victims. And I hate having to require a signature because they always come when I'm not here and then I end up having to drive a long way to pick stuff up. And I ordered some things from Macy's at ridiculously low prices (a discount on a discount on a discount) and each item is being shipped separately. I did have one UPS package that had a Track My Delivery option and you could watch in real time where the truck was. I turned it on, saw that it looked like the truck was right in front of my house, opened the front door and startled the UPS guy who was just setting the packages on the porch. Loved that option, but I'm not sure why the other packages haven't offered it.

I did make a little bling purchase from Costco, but am not sure if I'll keep them. They are very modest little "almost hoop" earrings that go about 3/4 of the way around, but are actually a post and pressure back. Posts seem to work better for me because the diameter of the post is more what I'm used to. Every hoop or huggie I've tried has larger wires and they hurt my ears. Plus I don't want the holes in my ears to get bigger. I don't want to be one of those old ladies where the earring looks like it's split the ear lobe almost in half! So I'll try them on again and see what I think. I liked the ones with bigger stones that I bought earlier, but they were a real hoop and the ear wire made my ears ache after 10 minutes so I returned them. What I'd really like is a pair of lever backs or some sort of wire that attaches safely in the back with 1 ct. + square cushions hanging from them that move around and sparkle, but I'm not sure I want to spend that kind of money on something I can't see. Plus, I don't want to spend all that time looking for the perfect stones, trying to get the settings just right, and then crossing my fingers that they turned out as I pictured. Can't believe I'm saying that on PS, but I'm kind of diamond lazy at the moment. But if you ladies find the perfect stones for me at a reasonable price and can help me figure out how to set them in something minimalist that hooks in the back, doesn't have big wires, and let those cushions dance around like little ballerinas . . . . I'm just saying.

So that's it from here. Hope all is well.

cartier_1922_5_ct.jpg

img_13903.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I’m with you that the snow and ice should be on everything but the streets and sidewalks. I know they have heated roads and sidewalks but certainly not in enough places. Sorry that your class was long and not helpful. Rats that you won’t be in the office much this month for on the job training. I can’t imagine other people in the office wouldn’t help you out. Sleep well tonight. Cute picture of Yoshi and Zeke. Bea looks gorgeous as always.

Jimmianne, you will know the perfect asscher when you see it. I am so excited for you. I did not take any pictures of the snow. I’ll see if I can find one for you though. I don’t know if we’ll have a white Christmas yet – the forecast isn’t quite that far out yet. I am absolutely loving my car. It performs like a champ on ice and even though I thought the A6 drove like a dream I like driving the Porsche even more. I am not sorry we bought it.

Scandi, sunrise / sunset picture.

Callie, I am glad you had a beautiful winter wonderland.

Kristie, that sounds like my luck on the laptop – are you going to keep the new one?

Rainwood, cushion cut diamonds on leverbacks would look fabulous.

It was about -10 when I left for work this morning. Marty offered to take me to work and pick me up but I said no – about 5 pm walking out the door to my cold car in 3-degree weather made me ask myself “what was I thinking?” Tomorrow we will get in the 30’s again. Heatwave! Woo hoo!

Tomorrow is Friday. Woo hoo!
Marcy

dsc01521.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls and happy Friday!

Rainwood, LOVE that antique Cartier Asscher. :love: Jimmianne, that is my kind of asscher LOL but I know you aren't looking for big. I just love the antique cut diamonds. They are so romantic and dreamy and just perfect. Thank you for sharing this diamond Rainwood. :love:

It's OK about work and thank you for your understanding about how I am feeling. I am listening to the universe more clearly now and the signs being presented to me and next week will be telling one way or another. Not going to bore you all with the details but I am not pleased with how this whole new EHR education is being handled and they don't seem to care about the clinicians (total of 3) who have never used this system. Over 90% of us have experience with the new system and the majority rules and who cares about those of us who have never used this EHR system before. That is how it is going down. Like throwing us into the deep end without teaching us to swim. Except my patients care is on the line since record keeping is critical to that and I need sufficient time examining each patient and then entering the data and they are not allowing extra time to learn on the go so to speak...we shall see what happens happens next week in my clinic. ::)

That is one smart straw dog and your new fleece scarf and hat are beautiful. Very luxurious and plush looking and I bet warm and comfy. Form and function a perfect combo. :appl:

As for earrings I am with you in only wearing comfie and light (under 5 grams total or 2.5 grams or less per ear) earrings. And don't want droopy earlobes either. No no no. I however don't like posts and prefer the backs where you click it together. Not sure what that is called but that way I don't have 2 pieces to deal with when closing the earring and also I don't have to fumble with tiny post backings. Not my forte. I like real hoops that go all the way around and just click and bam you're in.

A jewelry benchperson told me once that lever backs always fail at some point causing the earring to be at risk so now for my french wires and lever backs I protect them with a plastic thingy on the back and it is a pain but better safe than sorry.

Are you looking for cushion diamonds that swing? Do you want modern cut or antique cut? Would you consider round? Let us know and perhaps we can find you some options. My suggestion is go for the swing (articulation) but have the diamond fall just below your earlobe as that is prettiest IMO. I don't like when the earrings hang too much below the earlobe.

As for not being able to see the earrings I feel them and that makes me feel special. Feeling the diamonds swing gently on my ears. And I catch them whenever there is chance to check my reflection so I do see them throughout the day and regardless I know they are there because of their delicate movement. Just saying. 8) Hope we can help you find the perfect diamonds (be it earrings or rings or both!) :bigsmile:

Jimmianne, yes I love diamond searching and it is fun. And you are right. I look at Bea a lot especially during the class on Wed. LOL. I remarked to my friend Doris who was sitting next to me during the class look how pretty she (my ring) is and Doris asked is that a new ring or my regular ring. LOL goes to show you how (NOT) into diamonds my friends are. :lol:

Seriously when you come here we will spend as much time as necessary researching Adam's (and whomever else's you want) inventory. :bigsmile:

Callie, no I didnt see the blue spinel. Where is it posted? Diamond eye candy? I have to search that. It has been such a busy 2 days I haven't had time to check most of the other threads and posts on PS. Hope your dh is home with you now safe and sound and that you guys had a happy reunion. Tell him I say hi and welcome home!

Kristie, sorry about your tech problems and you know I get it. Glad everything is working now. Don't let life make you into an angry old person. Believe me I understand and am working on my own advice...it is easy to get irritated and I have days where I am constantly irritated LOL but we have to work hard on not letting it get the best of us. Hang in there NIRDI sister. We are going to be A-OK. :appl:
Costco rocks!

Scandi, LOL, love your chipmunk placement. Hahaha. I feel privileged to know your beautiful face however and I have to say you are way more beautiful than the sweet chipmunk. :bigsmile: Love your adorable dress too. :love: And beautiful scenery photos. :appl:

Marcy, that is a pretty snowy tree. So happy for you that you love your new car and how she/he handles in the snow and ice. Critical when you live in Wyoming. Let Marty drive you to and from if the weather is questionable OK. Better safe than sorry if you aren't sure. Hope your workday goes well today and woohoo for Friday!

Have a good day girls. We are making the trip to the beach just for the day to take care of some things and then heading back tonight. Kitties are staying home in NY since we will be back later and we are spending the weekend in NY. Beach for today however. Enjoy your Friday! :wavey:

Bea taking a bath in red light. She loves seeing red unlike her mommy :lol: who unfortunately has been seeing too much red lately and I am going to quit that right this minute. :!: Kristie are you listening. No more allowing anger to ruin our health. :!: Working hard to remain Zen and put everything into perspective. Remember don't sweat the small stuff and it is almost all small stuff. And we know the stuff that isn't small and will respond accordingly but in the meantime no sweating the small stuff!!! ((((HUGS))) to all you girls. :halo:

beabathedinred.jpeg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all!

Missy, I'm so sorry about the stress learning this new program has caused, hang in there and just give it your best shot, at the end of the day it's all any of us can do. And I hope you were able to sleep better last night. Big hugs to you, and just focus on one day at a time and try not to worry too much. I do agree that this whole process seems to have been handled very badly.

And yes, I agree, I think my mother would be happy about my brother staying in the house, I know she was concerned about him and would be glad he was in the best possible place.

Love the pic of Yoshi and Zeke, they are adorable :love: Amazing picture of Bea too, she looks fabulous in that lighting!

Marcy, glad to hear you're enjoying your new car. It's great it handles well in snow and ice. Your niece's ring is really pretty. I agree, doesn't make sense to go through the hassle of learning a new program for one newsletter. Sorry about the really cold weather, enjoy the heat wave haha. It's gotten colder here too, boo. Sounds like you had a relaxing day off from work, nice to have a visit from a friend too. Such a pretty tree, it would make a nice Christmas card!

Jimmianne, I know what you mean, I went back and forth about getting this cluster ring, there were times I didn't even want it lol - even had second thoughts right before I bought it but my love of bling took over. I love your Martin Flyer setting, but I've been picking up from your posts that you have a hankering for a simple solitaire, and that would work well for the times you're in France. And solitaires are great for stacking with different bands. And yeah, I've personally always been ok with SI stones and it can widen your options to be open to them.

And yeah, my brother staying in the house would make things a bit easier for me right now lol - although I guess it would have to be sold at some point, so I suppose the whole process would just be deferred really. But it would at least buy me some time :halo:

Scandi, beautiful pic of the sunset. You look stunning, I love your dress, and the carefully placed chipmunk heads are too funny!

Rainwood, love your new hat and scarf set, very pretty. Looks great on the dog too lol. Your new earrings sound lovely. And cushion earrings would be just beautiful. There is a pair on Jewels by Grace, but the cushions are haloed and the carat weight is smaller so not exactly what you're looking for but I thought I would mention them.

Thank you for mentioning tax implications, good advice and something I will definitely look into.

Kristie, sorry about the tech problems and yes, they can be infuriating. There have been times I've been tempted to throw my computer out a second story window and I'm usually a pretty laid-back person haha. Missy's right though, we have to try to stay calm, it's not good for our blood pressure lol.

Callie, yes, that pink tourmaline is so pretty, isn't it? But I think diamonds are my first love. I don't think telling dh I can't decide would help, he'd probably just say ok don't get anything then, problem solved :D Thanks about the good thoughts on the house situation…yeah, families :roll: The family member says they'll be reasonable, let's hope.

My ring was delivered yesterday but it's signature required and it came during the one hour I needed to go out grrr. I'm heading over to the PO soon to get it, fingers crossed it's decent, I'll be back with pics!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just picked it up and I love it! Dh is out of town so I can at least wear it around the house lol. It's got a lot of finger coverage, 13 mm. It looks bigger in the pics than it does IRL though. It's more of a daisy shape than I thought, which I'm happy about. I'm a tad nervous dh might think it's a bit OTT but oh well if he does, he knows by now I like big rings lol. I'm also loving the yellow gold shank and basket. The stones are OMCs so the sparkle is a bit more subtle that MRBs but since it's a large ring I like that it's not super flashy. The diamonds are very lively and clear though, and appear to be very nice quality and in good condition. The stones are showing a hint of color in the pics but IRL they face up white. A shout-out to Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner, I know a lot of people use Dawn but the cleaner really brought out some additional sparkle in these stones. I am really happy with the ring and bummed I have to wait until Christmas to wear it ha.

img_13914.jpg

img_13917.jpg

img_13918.jpg

img_13919.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more :cheeky:

img_13922.jpg

img_13923.jpg

img_13924.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Junie, that ring is gorgeous on you!!! Even prettier than the photo we saw before you bought it. And that basket is absolutely scrumptious!! I'm so glad you went for it because it looks like it was made for you. It is perfect, perfect, perfect. Love it!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Oh Junebug-o-rama...Santa came early.

What a gorgeous/feminine/sculpture of a ring. It looks wonderful on you! It's beautiful and so are you. :))

cheers--Sharon

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It snowed last night, but is now in the slushy phase, but probably won't ice up tonight and will probably be gone by tomorrow. It was beautiful last night as it fell though and it's been a couple of years since we've had snow. Like to see it come, love to see it go.

Missy, speaking of ice, the cushions I'd want would be antique cushions, very square, and probably I-J in color and it's fine to go to S1 or even S2 as I don't have clarity sensitivity. Would need to be in white gold because I don't look good in yellow gold (or yellow anything). I'd definitely want the stones to be below the ear lobe and articulate, swing, dance, whatever you want to call it. I'm nervous about French wires even with the little plastic backs. Does anyone do the French wires that clip in the back, kind of like a safety pin?

And speaking of safety pins, I did get a new piece of jewelry today. I decided to join the safety pin/safe space movement and wanted something a little more stylish so bought this from Etsy in sterling silver:

Although we are a sanctuary city and definitely not Trump territory (he got 6% of the vote here), even we've have had more harassment of people because of their ethnicity or religion. I want people to know I'll help if I see it happening to them. Love what it stands for even though I hate that it's necessary.

Hope everyone has a nice weekend!

_38673.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, I love the new ring!!!!

Missy, The blue spinel is located in the eye candy section. It is so beautiful.

Marcy, What a beautiful tree.

Rainwood, I had been looking for a pin similar to the one you purchased a few years ago. You will be surprised how much you will use it.
I have never been so glad to live in a blue state as I am this election season. I too could never sit back and too nothing if I witnessed someone being treated poorly.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

June, your cluster ring is gorgeous from the top and the side. I really like it on your hand. I am so glad you bought it. I noticed Zoe in the background of one of your photos too. Sweet. I love that you can wear it until your DH gets home. I did change quite a few things in the January newsletter so I’ll print it out when I have it done and see what (if anything) I want to change. Since I covered up so many of my old newsletters I’ll be typing up new stories again anyway. I liked having old stories to reuse - the info on the Big Dipper has changed from 10 years ago. Yes, I should have used that snowy tree picture in a Christmas card. This year’s photo card is a sunrise at Murrell’s Inlet – not Christmasy but a pretty picture. I can see where your brother staying in your mom’s house works out well in many ways. Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner does a nice job and I still notice the steam cleaner does a better job. I think only those of us who look at our diamonds so much would notice the difference though.

Missy, that is sad your patients will suffer because of the changes and a new system. I sure hope someone takes the time to help you learn the system instead of leaving you to struggle through it. I had never thought about having the lever backs dangle right at the bottom of the earlobe. That makes a lot of sense. I miss that tree from our old house. Marty says if the tree in our front yard dies (and trust me I am shocked it’s made it for 3 summers now) he’ll get us a nice pine tree. That’s right – don’t sweat the small stuff and 100 years from now it will all be small stuff. That is easier said than done. I hope you sleep well this weekend.

Hi Sharon, Rainwood and Callie,

It was in the 40’s today so most of our snow melted. Tomorrow will be near 45 then it’s downhill again with cold and snow. It’s like December or something. Weird.

I got to leave work about 5 minutes early. Not much but I’ll take it and drive home with a big old silly grin on my face. I put on my extra muffler noise and act like I’m cool. Ha. What an act!

I plan on working on Christmas stuff this weekend. Marty is going down to take his sister to IKEA to get some things this weekend. I have absolutely no desire to wander IKEA for hours so I am going to stay home and work on my chores. She is moving in to a house with one of her co-workers next week. I hope the 2 of them get along for the next year and a half. Sharing a house was the only way they could both afford something decent.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Junie, its gorgeous and it looks like it was made for you :love: :appl: :love: Not OTT at all.

Rainy, no diamond-studded safety pins??? We're counting on you!!!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AZ, I feel your pain. My computer is NOT working right.
Thank goodness I thought to check in to see why things were so quiet....and they weren't! You guys have added at least 10 posts that didn't show up in my mailbox. argh!!!
June, that ring is so beautiful. :love: :love: :love: I had no idea it would have that much finger coverage. It looks beautiful on you - and how lucky that you can sneak in some "wear time" while your DS is away.

That Cartier stone hurts my eyes haha I want it.

Now to go back and do some NIRDI reading.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie! LOVE your gorgeous antique cluster diamond ring and I love the profile too. Such a romantic ring. It looks better on you than the model and it does look like it was made for you. :love: So happy you got it and happy holidays! That is one terrific blingy gift and I hope I get to see it (and you) in person very soon. We are thinking of another trip to Lambertville and our favorite restaurant not too far away in the near future. Will let you know. Enjoy your beautiful ring! :appl:

Thanks for the tip about Connoisseurs jewelry cleaner. I just clean my ring with the dazzle stick and water. Maybe I will try your rec and see if there is a difference. What do you mean you can't wear it till Christmas? Pshaw. I know your dh would be A-OK with you enjoying it right now Junie. After the year or 2 you had please wear your beautiful ring if you want to. OK? Hope you are enjoying a good weekend!

Rainwood, not to brag or anything but my specific neighborhood had the lowest vote for Trump of anyplace in the country I believe. Only 2.16% voted for him here. I will start a cushion search for you within those parameters after next week. Next week will be super busy for me but after that I am off and will see if I can find something antique, beautiful and perfect for earrings for you. So big stone for ring is not on your agenda right now? Let me know if you want me to search for that as well and we can see which choice wins your heart...not trying to tempt you but just saying it is good to keep options open. :bigsmile:

We are getting some snow Sunday (night I think) but nothing major and hoping it all melts by Monday. Winter has made herself known and now I want her to go away. Though I am sort of excited to get out my winter coats. They aren't as cute as my autumn and spring jackets but for winter coats they aren't bad. Yesterday I was still wearing my little leather jacket with the Francesca logo and Greg didnt say a word. it's only taken him almost 2 decades but finally he lets me freeze if I want to. :lol: I did wear a heavy gray winter dress under the jacket though so that counts. :cheeky:

Love your Etsy safety pin.

Sharon, any bling wishes/dreams on your holiday list? Hope your family is well and you are enjoying a lovely season.

Callie, thank you and I will check it out! As you know yesterday was a whirlwind of efficiency and things to do. I managed to wash all the clothes in this latest batch to be given away and LLJSmom,you would be proud of me. I filled another huge contractor bag of clothes! It is amazing what I fit into all my closets and drawers. It's like that little taxi sketch where person after person after person comes out of the small car. Where did they all come from LOL. Anyway it felt good to be productive yesterday and we also filled the feral cat feeders and replenished their water and washed all the sheets at the beach house. Hour after hour of laundry. Thank goodness for 2 washers and dryers at the beach house but as you know I wish we had at least 4 dryers and a few more washing machines but Greg says no room. He is so mean sometimes hahaha. And thank you for keeping me company yesterday during all that laundry. You're the best. :kiss:

Did your dh enjoy the concert last night? I would have loved to see Supertramp in action. Their song "Logical" used to be one of my favorites. Love the lyrics.

Marcy, good luck to your sister in law on her move. Smart to share with a coworker if that is the only way they could get a house. Though I would never do it because I wouldn't like living with others (besides Greg that is). Enjoy working on Christmas stuff this weekend. Smart plan to avoid Ikea right now. I am avoiding all stores if I can as this is a crazy time of year at the stores. We are going to put up our Christmas tree after next week when we go to the beach house next weekend. This coming week will be a little challenging and crazy for me so I don't anticipate much free time and just hoping to keep my sanity and Zen attitude no matter what occurs at work. Fingers crossed. Please share pics of your tree when it is ready! And yay it seems as if your weather is getting more mild than our weather and you deserve some nicer weather so glad it is coming your way. :halo:

Jimmianne, love that asscher and tell you know who to put it on hold for you. Budget smudget. :bigsmile: :cheeky:
I want that antique Cartier diamond ring that Rainwood posted. That would be an amazing ring on any one of us NIRDIs. Santa can you hear us? :pray: :cheeky:
Are you over your jet lag completely?

Have a good Saturday girls. I am getting excited because in less than 2 weeks we start climbing out of the darkness hole and the days stop getting shorter and slowly start getting longer. Ha it doesn't take much to get me excited but I am looking forward to climbing (albeit slowly) out of the darkness. :appl: Enjoy your weekend! :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding some pics from yesterday. Car pics of the sky on our ride back to Brooklyn from the beach right before and during sunset yesterday.

And I am adding one Bea photo with the sun streaming into the car yesterday morning on our ride going to the beach. Hard to choose just one so I picked randomly. I am spending way too much time taking bling photos. :oops: :lol:
So eeny meeny miny moe here is a Bea pic I took on the go... :cheeky:

brooklynsunsetsky.jpg

verrazanosky.jpg

brooklynskyclouds.jpeg

sunlightsparkliesinbeaipromisesheisavs1lol.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, I like your safety pin. Great idea to get something stylish while getting the "point" across.

Missy, I like your famous last words "not meaning to tempt you". haha I do understand, fully. You want us to be happy! Your support in bling endeavours is very much appreciated.

I'm afraid to know how many people here voted for Trump, but most people I run into didn't. I wonder what will become of the news today that Russia hacked into our system and influenced the election. It seems as though there is alarming breaking news every day and it it totally ignored.

Well, heck. off to shop for safety pins.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! This will be quick but wanted to check in with all my nirdis - going to a friend's house and staying overnight, sounded like a good idea during the week but now I'd like to just stay home lol -

Missy, yeah, I know the whole not wearing it until Christmas is kinda silly but we go through this dance any time I get bling as a Christmas present, it's almost a tradition at this point - and I wear it during the day until Christmas anyway - I wore it to the dry cleaner yesterday lol. Since your ring is platinum you can soak your ring for a bit if you ever try the cleaner (same procedure, soft brush and rinse well) - soaking isn't recommended for white gold because it eats away at the rhodium plating. Rubbing alcohol works pretty well as a cleaner too. Thanks for the nice words on the ring, I'm very happy with it and I'm so glad you like it :dance:

Sounds like you have a busy week ahead of you! We put our tree up last week, I'll snap a pic and post tomorrow. Good for you for getting so much accomplished with clearing out your closets and drawers, it feels good to make progress on a task like that. Love your beautiful pics, the Verrazano brings back memories, my grandparents lived in Bay Ridge and I drove over that bridge many times as a kid. And Bea is just stunning! :love:

Rainwood, thank you for the compliments on the ring, I'm so glad you like it! Antique asscher earrings would be so lovely, I will keep my eyes open as I browse around. I like your pin and the meaning behind it.

Marcy, I'm glad you like my ring! Interesting about the steamer, hmm, need to look into that lol. Yeah, I agree that the differences in cleaning techniques is subtle and most people wouldn't even notice, but a sparkly diamond is just so pretty :cheeky: I hope you like how the newsletter comes out, it's good to change things up occasionally. Have a good day at home and I hope you have a productive day. I'm glad your sister has found someone to live with and I hope it works out well for her. And thanks for noticing Zoe in the background lol!

Kristie, thanks for the nice words, so glad my nirdis like the ring and I'm glad you don't think it's too much - and it's actually more delicate looking IRL.

Sharon, thank you so much! I feel the same way about you, I hope all is well with you (((hugs))))

Callie, thanks for the compliments on the ring, and I hope you have a great weekend!

Jimmianne, thank you for the nice words about the ring. An antique asscher sounds dreamy!

Yikes, running late as usual, better sign off - hope everyone has a great weekend!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results