carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, wow, Marty and you have a lot of energy. Good for you both going to the astronomy meeting (and running it as always) even right after Marty come home from his business trip. Glad you had a nice turnout and the snacks sound yummy. I love oreos and cannot remember when I last had one...certainly over 15 years ago. Thank you for sharing the treats with us. I can taste them now. :lickout:

Glad you and Marty figured out the Apple Play and you can now access the music in your car. Music is vital and I love listening to our play lists in the car. I make a new list almost every week LOL. I did 2 music play lists this week. Sad songs was the title of the first one I did this week and then my most recent play list I titled haunting songs. I think you can figure out the music I enjoy listening to from the titles I give them. :cheeky:

I think you will be OK re your credit and the Audi payment. Boo is right to you getting a cold and I hope you wake up this morning just fine!

CJ, We are all thinking of you and sending hugs and love your way sweetheart.

I am going to share some cheerful photos now. Probably going to have to make 2 posts to share them all because PS downloading is too slow for me to do it all in one post.

First up. Yesterday my nieces were in a Halloween mural contest and my sister was keeping me posted as it was happening in real time with photos too. See how exciting my life is LOL. Sharing some of the pics. Oh and they won! They certainly don't get their artistic talent from their Aunt Missy no no no. Fortunately my sister and my parents are all artists in their own right and they take after them that way. I cannot even draw a respectable stick figure. :oops:

Next up some pretty bird pics from yesterday morning for Scandi. Remember (a long while ago sorry it took me so long) you asked me to get some photos of the birds in our backyard? Yesterday was quite stormy but as I was working out the birds were enjoying the water so I decided to take a quick break and get off my arc trainer and snap some pics with my iPhone. I took a series of pics and you can see the bird flying above the ones in the water so I am posting them in sequence to be continued in the next post.

muralbynieces.jpg

mysweetnieceshalloweenmuralcontest2016.jpg

farawaypicofbirdsinwater.jpg

birdsinwaterandoneabove.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pics of the birds continued...

birdsinwaterandoneabove.jpeg

andthebirdabovekeepsonhispath.jpg

andgoodbyefornowtothatbirdofftoawarmerclimateihope.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you are not allowed to get a cold, so stop that right now.
How are you feeling today?

Missy, I read your new thread and I'm sorry things are so difficult right now. I hate that for you.
Love that Halloween painting! Your nieces are so adorable.

One week to go before my trip! Heck yes I am getting excited - except when I'm thinking I must be crazy to be making that long trip yet again. I spend 4 months longing to be there and now I want to stay home haha. My DD does the same thing, even calls me from the line at the airport "Am I crazy to be getting on this plane?"
I'm having to decide whether to euthanize my old dog before I leave. It's a close call. He has good and then bad days. ugh. but I would be a slug to leave this for the petsitter to deal with. ugh again. A little bit sad, but he's had a great life. I am mostly wanted to avoid the whole thing. haha
70c00d5baaf9bd8c5574fd78c53ef89f.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww Jimmianne, I am so sorry about your older dog. :cry: :cry: :cry:
I don't know what advice to give. If he is suffering yes euthanize but if he is mainly OK with some bad days in between no don't do it...
Wish I could help you and take care of him while you are in France. (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Continuing the pics...my computer just crashed and I had to restart. Technology. As HRH would say...Harrrrrummph!!!!!

Speaking of HRH here are some pics from last night....

And the last 2 are from Brooklyn and Tommy hanging out with Greg in his workshop there.

hrhfrancescaandfrednapping.jpg

francescaandfredsleepingsosweet.jpg

tommytake5.jpg

tommyhangingoutingregsworkshopinny.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1477222519|4089748 said:
I don't know what advice to give. If he is suffering yes euthanize but if he is mainly OK with some bad days in between no don't do it...

Thanks, Missy. He woke me when he fell down the stairs at 3am because he was having a seizure. I couldn't wake him up...then five minutes later he was up- smiling and eating a biscuit.

Let's let my house sitter take care of him and you go to France with me : )
I'm going to buy an IKEA bike while I'm there - they are retro and you can buy a little trailer for them. Very cute.
Unless you have a better idea. [I do have to have a "vintage style" for the June bike thing]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
And last set of photos...from this morning. Such a pretty sky I couldn't resist. What I love about October is the crisp air and bright colors and sharp horizon and the smell of fall in the air. It is a pretty time of year despite it wreaking havoc on my skin.

And lastly my new favorite saying. We should all be Caticons. :appl: 8) :halo:

octoberskyearlymorn.jpg

skyoctobermorning.jpg

cityacrossbayoctmorn.jpg

caticonpower.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Speaking of technology - beware. I finally did the iphone upgrade because it was a pain to have the upgrade request come up on the screen every day. Now several functions on the phone won't work, including the photo transfer to computer - I had to buy a new digital camera yesterday for the trip.

With my last iphone, I did an upgrade and the darned thing stopped working altogether so I had to buy a new phone. The phone could not handle the upgrade, still the request to do so came up on my screen. blah.
They have their ways... :naughty:

but minor problems, yes? : )
and I always like buying new things.

pretty photos and I love that mug!

I hate to say this but there is a website "ducks for Trump". Who knew?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1477222760|4089751 said:

Thanks, Missy. He woke me when he fell down the stairs at 3am because he was having a seizure. I couldn't wake him up...then five minutes later he was up- smiling and eating a biscuit.

I'm going to buy an IKEA bike while I'm there - they are retro and you can buy a little trailer for them. Very cute.
Unless you have a better idea. [I do have to have a "vintage style" for the June bike thing]

Jimmianne, I never heard of IKEA bicycles but I LOVE vintage bikes so go for it! I can totally see both of us cycling the French countryside on our retro French bicycles. In fact Greg used to call me the little Italian girl when I was cycling my Milano before we started riding tandems. I have 2 Milanos and they are so retro and adorable and Italian. It would totally fit in with you in France I think.

I am so so sorry about your dog. Only you know if his quality of life now outweighs the times he is having trouble and I wish you peace of mind in making the best decision for him honey. If the bad times are few and far between and he is himself the rest of the time I would vote no but if he is suffering more and more well then you know the right answer. :cry: Big (((((((HUGS))))))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1477223250|4089753 said:
Speaking of technology - beware. I finally did the iphone upgrade because it was a pain to have the upgrade request come up on the screen every day. Now several functions on the phone won't work, including the photo transfer to computer - I had to buy a new digital camera yesterday for the trip.

With my last iphone, I did an upgrade and the darned thing stopped working altogether so I had to buy a new phone. The phone could not handle the upgrade, still the request to do so came up on my screen. blah.
They have their ways... :naughty:

but minor problems, yes? : )
and I always like buying new things.

YES, this is such a pain! And I hate having the reminder come up on my computer, phone and iPad. Technology. GRRRRRR. :nono:
Can't live with it and can't live without it.
LOL much like our men right? :lol:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Milano is so much more elegant. I'll look for them when I'm there.
thanks!
here's the IKEA, cute but fairly expensive and I would have to assemble it.
download__1__2.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, that is a cute bike and thank you for sharing the pic. Yes I agree that assembling it might be a pain. Hopefully you can enlist your future son in law's help with it perhaps?

I wish I could take a pic for you of my Milano. I have one here and one in Brooklyn. The problem is the one here is in the storage bike shed with the wheels off so I am not going to be able to take a photo for you girls now.

It has red wheels like the one I am going to share from the internet pic. My Milano bikes are over 10 years old. And of course I had to get 2 one for here and one for Brooklyn. They are adorable and I got the anniversary editions. One in silver and Celeste Green and one just in Celeste Green as I got them at different times. I really love my Bianchi Milanos. Too bad I don't ride a single bicycle anymore. Once you go tandem you don't want to go back. :bigsmile:

Have a great Sunday girls. (((HUGS))).

milanosweetbike.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1477222760|4089751 said:

Hi JA: That is not a good way to wake up, dang it!!!! I had a Lakeland Terrier with seizures, did fantastic on a daily pill inserted into a Cheerio :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pics, Missy.

Great art project from your nieces, I like the eyeballs in unexpected places :shifty:

What is Fred laying against, I can't tell! Love HRH on her comfy pillow-throne :lol: Sir Tommy, sigh, he's handsome.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all :)

Thank you all so much from the bottom of my heart for thinking of me and DH. I'm so grateful for you guys.

Amazing how in just what, 1 week (ETA well a little longer for DH, since he went through quite a bit with him on his own) this little guy turned our lives upside down and nothing feels quite the same without him here. I really wish he would have gotten through this so he could feel loved for the next 15 years.

I updated the other thread with a little more detail.

missy the pictures of your kitties are just so awesome - I love them.

ETA I just scrolled up again and saw your cutie pie nieces. So so cute.

I'll be back to more "normal" posting soon.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CJ, you're a NIRDI, and no NIRDI goes it alone. :angel: :angel: :angel:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm going to answer your skin thread here, because I think my advice is more a NIRDI advice than skin advice.. As you maybe know, I have had major issues with my skin also, mainly when I was a teenager with acne that left scarring, but it still flares up occasionally and insists on being RED. Very annoying, but easily covered with makeup. However, my skin gets worse with carbs and stress. But I know you know this and do everything you can in this respect, so no point in giving advice there. So - to the point. It helps my skin with regular skin pampering in a really good skin salon - especially hydradermie is a treatment that my skin likes and that my regular "girl" adapts to my skin so as only to calm and hydrate, not irritate. So my only advice is pampering your soul and skin, LOL. You can probably see why I thought it was more NIRDI than skin related... Hugs!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I'm so happy that whole payment thing worked out in the end! The astronomy meeting sounds fun! Supernovas are kind of cool :) How is that cold of yours doing? Were you able to scare it away?

Missy, apart from being too cute, your nieces are good artists too! That is not fair, lol. I can not draw anything to save my life. I had to write explanations (i.e. "horse", "barn", "tree") on the treasure map I drew for my DDs birthday party :lol: Thank you (!) for the bird pictures, I do remember!! :love: I love them. So peaceful and perfect :) Your kitties are adorable :love: :love: :love: And so expressive! They really do talk :) Honey.... I hate to tell you... but it is a UNICORN!! :lol: :lol: :lol: You can tell them apart from cats by the horn on their forehead... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry about your dog. That is just heart breaking and hopeless and I don't have any words for comfort. I know you will do the right thing for him, no matter what that is. I think this is the only bad part about having animals, that we have to make decisions that are "good" for them but horrible for us, at some point in time. Perhaps he can help guide your decision? Is he still happy in his bad days or in pain? No wonder you are exited about your trip! I'm exited about your trip!! :lol: And that house is going to be so much fun to "remake" into your own :) :) I know nothing about bikes, but I kind of like that Ikea one! Might be practical too for little trips to buy groceries :)

I don't particularly like REALLY small dogs, but a big plus is that you can take them with you on planes when you travel.

CJ, still thinking of you and your DH.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Missy, you should know better than to ask about my weekend... :lol:

I have been driving - a lot. We were going dog training lowland style. In other words, bird on a very large field instead of in the mountains. Different kind of disipline, because these are different birds that behave differently, they run on the ground a lot for example. And the dogs have to adapt their searching technique to find them in an efficient manner. My furbaby is a highland kind of dog at heart, so this was just for fun and to end the fall season on a positive note after a few "accidents" in the competitions.

So - to the driving part. Went down there on Friday, only to find that they had forgotten to leave a key for us to the cabin that we were renting. And not possible to reach anyone by phone. And no alternative place to stay, because the hotels would not accept a dog - "the dog can sleep in the car, yes? No ???? :devil: So we had to drive all the way back home in the middle of the night (4 hours to get down there, 3.5 hours to get back home... :angryfire: ) Saturday, my DH had had enough... He was like "I'm going to work" LOL so I drove back down there alone. Well, not alone, furbaby was with me :) Still no key, but some friends came down Saturday, so stayed in that cabin instead. They had a glass of red waiting for me before we made dinner so no complaints :) Sunday - cold. 2C and raining. Brrrr.... 3 layers of wool and still oh-so-cold. Soaked by lunch time. But hey - we are not quitters, are we?? :lol: :lol: :lol: So stayed until half past four before we called it a day :halo: Then cleaning out the cabin and driving home. Made it in 3 hours. Must have been speeding... LOL. DH made me dinner :) Good DH! I was so cold that I'm still cold. :lol:

Today I'm "working" from home with DS. He has a bit of a cold so I'm keeping him home today because they were supposed to go hiking today, and the weather is soooo wet and cold. Better to stay home one day than one week...

Have you had a good weekend? Missy, is the cycling season over or is it just me that is freezing, lol ?

Hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! How did Monday get here so darn fast again?!

Jimmianne, thank you for sharing that link. Yes it is all about perspective though our experience is still our experience we can put a more happy spin on things but sometimes it is more challenging than other times. Hope your sweet dog is doing as well as can be expected and you are seeing a more clear path as to what to do. (((Hugs))).

LOL Kristie,thank you for all the kitty love... the kitties don't usually lay on the floor so I had to get that photo. Yes HRH Francesca is on her pillow (we have pillows all over for their comfort) and Fred is next to her leaning against one of our scratching posts. Which they rarely (but sometimes do) use. They prefer using our furniture for their maximum scratching pleasure. :lol: Which is why we are researching new couches in both homes because both homes desperately need new couches due to being ripped apart by our sweet innocent kitties. :devil: :halo:

CJ, hey there honey. I am so sorry about how it turned out and Big (((hugs))). This sweet cat made a huge impact on you and your dh's life in the short time he was with you as you both made on him. He knew he was loved and being taken care of for that time he was with you. I too wish he had had the next 15 years to spend being loved by you 2 and my heart hurts with you thinking about it. But you did everything within your power to give him a good life and made a difference and gave him love and he knew the safety and comfort of that even if for a short while. Thank you and your dh for caring and for making that difference. (((HUGS))).

And that is 100% correct. You are never alone when you are a NIRDI. Hmmm I might have to write a poem about that but at a later time. It's Monday and well Mondays are hectic crazy stressful days for us. Travel day with the kitties.

Scandi, Oh no, how awful. How could those people forget to leave you a key? I don't understand. I am so sorry you had to go back and forth and then back and forth again. Grrr I am so pissed for you. Did you ever talk with them to find out what happened?
I am glad you made the best of it however and pulled the weekend out of the you know what and got some training in for F.
And yes it is too cold here too and to answer your question it is most certainly NOT cycling weather here either. I wish it was and we had a short cycling season this year but what can we do. Cannot control the weather and I continue to dream of moving to California. Which brings me to LLJSmom....
LLJsmom, what happened? You forgot to get me the comps on a beach home in Californa... :lol:
Love the Carnelian clover necklace!

And Scandi, thank you for the support and advice. I am so glad you have found what works for you. My skin however is very different and I cannot do anything like that on my face. Woke up with my face burning and irritated with some new spots and I think it is because of the cold day we had outside yesterday. My face basically hates anything done to it and I mean anything. Even wearing a little makeup or sunscreen irritates it and forget about manipulating it with spa treatments. Don't I wish I could do that. I had the opposite skin as you when I was younger. Clear and perfect but now I am paying the price and this isn't something I will outgrow sadly. But I continue to find my way emotionally and physically and do the best I can do and I am so grateful for all you girls being here for me no matter what. And I do appreciate your advice too so please don't be put off by my not being able to follow your latest suggestions because you never know when you might hit upon what might work for me. (((Hugs))).

Marcy, did you get that cold? How are you feeling today? Hope you are feeling all better and have a good Monday.

Hi Junie, hope you had a good weekend. Hi to everyone else. Hope everyone is doing well. :wavey:

I hope all you girls have a lovely day and that good things happen today. Sending love and hugs.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, re key and what happened: They simply forgot. :angryfire: :lol: Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Especially as it was pre paid.. :lol: :angryfire:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1477309398|4089944 said:
Missy, re key and what happened: They simply forgot. :angryfire: :lol: Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Especially as it was pre paid.. :lol: :angryfire:

Umm that makes me mad. So irresponsible of them. Have you spoken to them? I hope you are getting a refund!
Not that that will make up for the time spent however and what they need to do IMO(!!!) is give you a refund and then a free weekend there with the key left this time. Fairer resolution don't you think?

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1477309950|4089948 said:
Scandinavian|1477309398|4089944 said:

Umm that makes me mad. So irresponsible of them. Have you spoken to them? I hope you are getting a refund!
Not that that will make up for the time spent however and what they need to do IMO(!!!) is give you a refund and then a free weekend there with the key left this time. Fairer resolution don't you think?

Have spoken to them but don't think we will get a refund. Not enough money to be worth the effort, if you know what I mean.. :roll: Our friends did get an upgrade, though, when they came down there Saturday. And we are probably not going back there before next fall, so... Think I'm going to let this one go... (because it really is not a lot of money at all as it is outside the season and in a very remote location, so trying to see the humour in it, lol). But I'm happy that you are mad at them for me, makes me feel better :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hahaha OK I get it and I am glad that my being angry at them makes you feel better Scandi. That makes me feel better too then. (((HUGS))) to you and sweet F.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
To make the story more complete: They had not left a key for our friends on Saturday either. But they had left keys for several other different cabins. And our friends were able to get them on the phone eventually. So they told them to take one of the key that were there, as no one else were coming down there that weekend :lol: So they took the largest cabin :lol: and so they had a room for me + furbaby too :) :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian|1477310585|4089953 said:
To make the story more complete: They had not left a key for our friends on Saturday either. But they had left keys for several other different cabins. And our friends were able to get them on the phone eventually. So they told them to take one of the key that were there, as no one else were coming down there that weekend :lol: So they took the largest cabin :lol: and so they had a room for me + furbaby too :) :lol:

:appl: :appl: :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, we did an astronomy program once to demonstrate the phases of the moon and used Oreos. One guy I am sure had to be sick when he went home because he ate so many Oreos. I did check out my phone this afternoon and yes it worked both as an iPod and as an iPhone. Woo hoo! Do you know I have never bothered to make myself any play lists? I just hunt the song down i want and play it. Your nieces are adorable and their mural is great. Glad you made it back to the city okay. I enjoyed your kitty and sky pictures as well. Great looking bike!

Jimmianne, that has always been one of my favorite Peanuts saying. Thanks. I bet you are getting exciting for your trip. I hate to hear your old dog is having seizures. I think it is a good idea to have a camera other than your phone. I get frustrated at losing pictures when I get a new phone or they disappear off my iPads. Who knew Ikea had cool bikes like that?

Hi Kristie and CJ!

Scandi, good luck with training on different terrain. What a pain and hassle to have to drive back and forth so much. Grr. It sounds like they aren’t very organized at running their cabins. I hope you DS feels better.

We had a nice day yesterday. We went to see Marty’s sister in Denver. She moved there until Jan. 2018. She works for the government so they are paying for her and her co-workers to stay in a hotel for 2 months then they have to find their own homes or apartments. I doubt anyone buys since they aren’t there for even a year and a half. Their final destination is Dallas.

Her hotel room is tiny but she has a bed, a setting room with TV, a desk, a kitchen and a bathroom. I guess that works.

We took her with us and went to a shopping mall then ate at a Cajun seafood place. It was fun. I did notice Marty had the Porsche up to 101 at one point. That happens way too easy and it doesn’t feel like you are going fast at all.

I still have my cold. My headache is better but everything else is still saying “yo Marcy”. I stayed home today. I might have gone in to work but since I had training at corporate I hated to get that close to other people. I didn’t sleep much last night either.

I made myself homemade beef noodle soup for lunch. I am going to go down and vote; get that out of the way. Marty did a conference call before I got up and has been up here in the living room ever since.

Have a great day. Go Broncos!
Marcy

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results