carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1472042678|4069432 said:
Missy, great pictures of Francesca. Love Greg's bench. I see there is a Jareds vault near here in a outlet mall. I might have to check them out too. Must save money for down payment on my car. Is the AC working yet?

Marcy

I spoke with the office manager after 6PM last night and the AC at that time had been fixed and then David texted me all was good. So fingers crossed. Of course this week I have much bigger worries as you may know but like my advice to Gypsy I am taking it one hour at a time. Thanks for asking Marcy and I hope you have a wonderful day! Love that photo of the Teddy looking longingly and wistfully outside at the Ocean. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sorry you have so much to deal with this week between work and the Soda gang. Good idea to take things on one thing at a time. At least the AC is fixed at work.

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I am hoping today is good for you, and that things at work work will be ok.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry about the insurance and the kitties. Argh!!! I hope today will be a better one.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="marcy|
Scandinavia, luckily there is plenty of alcohol here I just have to watch the whiskey because I think that is what my SIL was drinking out of. Your weekend sounds really nice. Good deal.

Marcy[/quote]

I now picture your SIL drinking directly from the bottle.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Be careful. Could be contaminated.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, I'm posting on my phone so please excuse typos -

Missy, sorry things aren't working right at the apartment, ugh so frustrating. I hope you're feeling ok, I know you have so much on your mind right now. Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope your visit with J goes well, and I hope she's comfortable and not in any pain. My heart goes out to her. Greg's bench looks fantastic, he is so talented and skilled.

Just a quick update - mother's condition is the same, had to go on IV fluids for a day for dehydration so is feeling a little better right now but the problem is getting her to drink enough to maintain it. Appetite is still very poor. She's still at the rehab but I get the feeling they're going to release her soon.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time right now, I know how overwhelming it is when nothing seems to be going right. Sending lots of good thoughts, comfort, and support to you, I wish I could do more but we are all here for you as you ride this out. You will feel better, give yourself some time and be good to yourself. (((Hugs)))

Marcy, thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you're having a good time despite the in-law bickering, just keep drinking those cocktails lol. The view from the house is amazing, it's a beautiful beach. I hear you on the humidity, my hair always looks awful in SC ha! So glad you're getting some rest and relaxation, you deserve it.

Rainwood, sorry to hear about the expense but the end result is going to be great, I'm excited for you that the project is getting underway. Glad to hear everything is up and running at the island house. Thanks for your supportive words.

Scandinavia, good news about renting the training terrain, it always helps when the husband is on board with these things lol. It's a beautiful place and I'm hoping your furbaby makes a lot of progress.

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday so far!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning from the train :)
A bit earlier today but still on the train. My DH was working half the night, so he is sleeping a bit this morning. So train it is - I'm cheap and don't want to pay parking for two cars, lol. We rent a space where DH works at the cost of a small flat but one day of parking in the city is about USD 50. So some daus I just get a bit princip like and take the train if we can't drive together. Plus then we can drive home together. Two trains in one day is too much, lol.

Yesterday I was "ambushed" by a TV station filming some kind of hidden camera jokes. First, got a bunch of roses when getting on the escalator getting off the train. No cause for concern there even if I tried to decline, happens all the time. Normal commercial stuff for most florists a few times a year. But getting off at the top, a fake minister + wedding ansamble + arch thing with flowers jumpy out of the door. Saying something like "will you in the name of the rose.." Don't know what the point was thought because at that point I threw ( :shock: ) the roses at the minister (at least that saved me from carrying them to work) and launched at the camera man, barking at him for filming without the persons pre approved, which is not allowed here. (They normally "fix" it by approval after the fact for such things, but the law is clear). Production woman comes jumping out to save cameraman. Oh well. They did confirm that the understood what I was saying and that I would sue the company if the film was every used. Hah. Why my of all persons??? Do I not portray bi**h well enough??? Probably because I was wearing jeans and Isabel Marant heals. Will never look that casual again. No more jeans. Today I'm wearing a safe black "business attire" dress. That should do the trick :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, so good to hear that AC is back on! I think your "new" job might work out after all :) You never know! Getting sold is not fun. But the fact is that someone else wanted th clinic :) Have to give them credit for that, non-profit or not :) Things might turn around once the new road starts!

Gypsy, thinking about you and hoping that today is a better day!

June, thank you for the update on your mother! Always wonder how you and her are doing. Hope you are able to do a few nice things also just for you. You sure deserve that! You are being a fantastic daughter!

Gypsy - speaking of mothers and daughters - you and your step-dad are saints. But after reading what you shared in that other thread, I kind of understand her better. She must still have a hard time adjusting.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian, I have never heard first hand of a story of someone getting ambushed by these rude people. I'm glad you told them off. But they probably went after you cause you looked too fabulous in your jeans and Isabel Marant heels. ;-)

June, I hope your mom improves more before they release her. It's so hard for the family to take care of her. Where will she go after rehab releases her?

Hi everyone, I'm just checking in before things get too crazy for me. Things are ramping up at work and the kids are just starting school, so it's been very hectic, trying to make sure everyone has seen the doctors, ordering glasses and contacts, seeing the orthodontist, check ups, school supplies and things picking up very quickly at work. Trying to stay positive and not worry. Just keep going.

I've been kinda less bling focused lately. Not that I'm not perusing sites and eagerly checking instagram every morning for the daily eye candy from LAD, SS, Eric Trabert, Victor, Erika Winters, JbG, Lang, Perpetuumjewels, erstwhile, gemgossip, estatediamondjewelry. Wow, I am a total follower. :D If anyone has any other good sites to follow, let me know. I love the daily eye candy fix.

I'm turning 45 soon, and it's been interesting. I've made some big changes. I haven't run in almost three weeks now, and I don't miss it. Well, maybe a little. I have cut out all high intensity cardio and weight lifting. But what I definitely don't miss is the exhaustion I feel after hard runs. I don't miss the uncontrollable hunger rages I go through, and the mood swings. I don't miss feeling freezing all the time, and mental fatigue I go through in the afternoon. It's been coming on gradually, this need to take better care of my body, not push it so hard all the time. I think it must have something to do with turning 45, and of course all my running injuries.

What I did add is Bar Method, which I tried 7-8 years ago, but found it too slow for me. Now I went back and I really like it because I get a very intense work out without the pounding that running and plyometric work does to me. It's easier on my joints and I'm building a lot of core strength. I do work my muscles, but using small isometric movements. I could tell the difference in a week. I've lost almost three pounds, and feel leaner and stronger. My pants fit better. And I get this without having to be starving, angry, cold, injured or bloated. I am so surprised that I can stop eating. I don't have to stuff myself to the hilt to feel full and warm. I don't feel like figuring out my next meal or workout is the sole goal of my daily existence. My brain chemistry is changing. It's so strange. I hope it lasts.

I went through a shopping phase recently. Bought a lot of stuff according to my standards. I haven't bought new jeans in probably 4 years? I bought 6 pairs in two weeks, and two new pairs of boots with heels. Callie knows how crazy that is for me. I haven't worn heels in 8 years, since I started running. It hurt my bunions too much. However, I found Clarks which are actually amazingly comfortable for super wide feet (that's me) and I went for it. Doing bar method helped me regain my balance, believe it or not!! So I've been wearing 1 3/4 inch heels several times a week. I bought another pair that is 2 3/4, and I may try those tomorrow.

I cleaned my closet, and reorganized so much stuff. Now I can see the stuff I have. I've been actually looking at fashion magazines again. This all started when my mom had a serious talk with me and told me I had to update my look. So she went shopping with me and helped me do shoes and boots. I am amazed that all the tops she bought me over the past 10 years don't look dated at all. But she buys almost all marc jacobs stuff, stuff I would never buy, and of course it still looks great, edgy and cute at the same time. And all I used to do is give her sh!t for buying weird trendy stuff, and now I'm so glad she did. All that is left in my closet that I chose are 4 banana republic button down shirts in 4 different colors. THAT is how boring I am.

And I am looking at stuff other than jewelry. There is an LV bag that I am craving that is the cost of eternity band. I think I have lost it. I am reverting to my old ways... :lol: Check it out girls. I love this leather because it DOESN'T SHOW WEAR! You can use it as a cross body bag and as a handle. AND, it holds a lot of stuff.

http://us.louisvuitton.com/eng-us/products/mazarine-pm-monogram-empreinte-011698#M43215

Anyway, I'm just looking. I can see myself spending that on jewelry instead of a bag. But there are those out there that would choose a bag over jewelry anyday. Ok, I admit. I've been looking through TPF a lot. Not helping.

Anyway, thanks for letting me go on and on about me, when I have disappeared for so long, and probably will be MIA for a while until October 17.

I've enjoyed reading everyone's updates. My heart is with you ladies, with everything each of you are going through. (((HUG)))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, I hope the rehab center doesn't release your mother until she is stronger. I am glad the IV fluids gave her some relief and now I hope she will drink enough/eat enough to maintain that improvement. J is doing well thank you for asking and thank you for your lovely comments as always. Now that Greg's bench is almost done he will start making improvements to the cat feeding station and other cat issues before the really inclement weather arrives.

Marcy, hope everyone is maintaining the peace by you and that the roar and beauty of the ocean is calming them down. Hope Killer and Teddy are behaving and most importantly I hope you are having a fabulous time. Does Marty like his new glasses? I hope they got the Rx right this time.

Scandi LOL that's quite a bit of excitement for one morning. Having to take the train in and get harassed by a camera crew. You handled it very well. 8) And I am sure looked fabulous putting them in their place. :cheeky:

LLJsmom, thanks for the encouraging words and support. Yay for not running for a while and being less extreme with activities in general. The Bar Method sounds fascinating and I am so happy you are feeling better and more focused and less stressed. I know it's a struggle and I am thrilled you are making positive changes. You are in the prime of your life. :appl:
I only wear cross body bags at this stage because I like my hands free. Like the LV bag but I'm with you. Would rather spend it on bling but I get that others really enjoy their high end pocketbooks, shoes etc. And that's cool. Good luck to the kids with school and getting everything in order. Good things are coming your way.

Yesterday went as well as it could have. First of all it was a lovely temperature and the AC worked well all day. Woohoo. I took the 2 online courses for the new company and it was quite easy and I got 100% on both of the tests at the end of each of the courses. The new administration said it was supposed to take about 40 minutes but both courses together with the tests at the end of each course took me only about 20 minutes total. And I did it in between my patients in the morning. Whew that was a relief. I was the first one to take the courses because as soon as it showed up in my inbox I just did it. I didn't have any patients waiting at that time as I was in between patients and my next patient was late so it worked out. Only one more day and we move. Next week we will be under new administration and in new offices. One day at a time. I am not making any rash decisions and will see where it goes. I did tell the current clinic director I wasn't signing any contract until I was in the new job for at least a week or 2 to see if I wanted to stay. I know you cannot tell much in just a a week or 2 but signing a contract immediately without knowing anything about the new company and what changes they want to make is not something that appeals to me. At least if I have a week or 2 that will give me a better idea than signing a contract before I even work for them for a little bit.

Gypsy, hope you are getting your transfusion today or that you already got it and you are feeling better. Thinking of you.
And hoping Lilly is feeling better too.

Have a great day girls and I am keeping all of you in my thoughts and hoping things go smoothly for everyone. :wavey:

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've only gotten through a fraction of my Norway photos, but thought I'd start posting some and keep doing it over the next few days or so.

My favorite building of the whole trip was probably the Oslo Opera House. Both Oslo and Copenhagen have done beautiful new opera houses on the water in the last decade or so, probably taking their lead from the lovely and iconic Opera House in Sydney, Australia.

Here's a shot of the opera house in context, with what they call the "Bar Code" buildings to the right. The art out in the water is an ice berg:

The building doesn't reveal how special it is though until you get closer, and literally walk all over it:

And as cool and white and linear as it is on the outside, the inside is warm wood and curves:

I loved this building. This is all part of Oslo's transformation of the older industrial areas of their waterfront. You can't take a photo anywhere without a tower crane somewhere in the background. The old town was beautiful, but the new architecture is also really fun and cool with a lot of vitality. I may do some more of the architecture photos later if you are interested.

Next up will be a sculpture park.

_38077.jpg

_38078.jpg

dsc01813.jpg

dsc01807.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We also went to Frogner Park, part of which is devoted to a sculptor named Gustav Vigeland. There are over a hundred of his sculptures in the park, all of them dedicated to the idea of the various stages of life and family. We can all relate to this little girl:

And this is me cutting loose a little bit:

One of the fountains:

And his most famous work, aptly referred to as 'Angry Baby':

You can see that lots and lots of people have touched his left hand. He's been touched so much, his hand is now experiencing metal fatigue and you're not supposed to do that anymore. I found this out right after I touched it. Oops!

dsc01709.jpg

_38079.jpg

dsc01725.jpg

dsc01749.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Frogner Park also has beautiful green space:

and gardens:

All of it looks peaceful and serene. But the real challenge is trying to take pictures when the reality is more like this:

and this:

It is a much loved and much visited part of the city. Just me and a few thousand of my closest friends.

dsc01747.jpg

dsc01739.jpg

_38080.jpg

_38081.jpg

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
And because no post is complete without food, our tour guide made sure we didn't go hungry by giving us what in Norwegian is called a 'Quick Lunch':

It's really just the equivalent of a Kit Kat bar! Clever marketing though.

And some of Vigeland's beautiful ironwork:

And a selfie with my sister, complete with a little bird poop:

More tomorrow.

dsc01758.jpg

_38082.jpg

_38083.jpg

dsc01701.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Rainwood, all gorgeous photos. :love: Thank you. Loving Norway and yummy on the lunch on the go. I like anything with the word kit or kat or anything that conjures those words. :lol:

And I always knew you were (and are) a strong woman and now your selfie proves it. :bigsmile:

And I just love your hair. So flowy and thick and strong. What's your secret? 8-)

_5452.jpeg

_5453.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandinavian said:
[quote="marcy|
Scandinavia, luckily there is plenty of alcohol here I just have to watch the whiskey because I think that is what my SIL was drinking out of. Your weekend sounds really nice. Good deal.

Marcy

I now picture your SIL drinking directly from the bottle.. :lol: :lol: :lol: Be careful. Could be contaminated.[/quote]

Scandinavia I am trying to forget that.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17 said:
Hi everyone, I'm posting on my phone so please excuse typos -

Missy, sorry things aren't working right at the apartment, ugh so frustrating. I hope you're feeling ok, I know you have so much on your mind right now. Keeping you in my thoughts. I hope your visit with J goes well, and I hope she's comfortable and not in any pain. My heart goes out to her. Greg's bench looks fantastic, he is so talented and skilled.

Just a quick update - mother's condition is the same, had to go on IV fluids for a day for dehydration so is feeling a little better right now but the problem is getting her to drink enough to maintain it. Appetite is still very poor. She's still at the rehab but I get the feeling they're going to release her soon.

Gypsy, I'm so sorry to hear you're going through such a rough time right now, I know how overwhelming it is when nothing seems to be going right. Sending lots of good thoughts, comfort, and support to you, I wish I could do more but we are all here for you as you ride this out. You will feel better, give yourself some time and be good to yourself. (((Hugs)))

Marcy, thanks for thinking of me. I'm glad you're having a good time despite the in-law bickering, just keep drinking those cocktails lol. The view from the house is amazing, it's a beautiful beach. I hear you on the humidity, my hair always looks awful in SC ha! So glad you're getting some rest and relaxation, you deserve it.

Rainwood, sorry to hear about the expense but the end result is going to be great, I'm excited for you that the project is getting underway. Glad to hear everything is up and running at the island house. Thanks for your supportive words.

Scandinavia, good news about renting the training terrain, it always helps when the husband is on board with these things lol. It's a beautiful place and I'm hoping your furbaby makes a lot of progress.

Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday so far!

Junebug, I hate to hear they had to put your mom on an IV. I hope that helps her perk up and improves her appetite. Yes, the view here helps makes up for the craziness. My hair doesn't seem to act differently in humidity. Luckily.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, you are going through a lot of changes. I know you will find your comfort zone. I can't believe school has started already.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Marty likes his glasses and he see distance fine. He didn't get the bifocal though because they couldn't do that right away. He can't read his phone. Good deal you aced your tests. Of course I knew you would. Great idea to postpone signing a contract until you see how you like the new place.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, great pictures. You'll have so many wonderful memories of your trip.

Marcy

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1472124288|4069887 said:
Oh Rainwood, all gorgeous photos.

And I just love your hair. So flowy and thick and strong. What's your secret? 8-)

I use a lot of bronzer!!!!!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am such a meanie. I've suggested the kids do the dishes enough time one of their parents finally told them to do the dishes. 3 of the 5 of them actually did do 1/2 of the dishes. One of them hasn't done a darn thing in 6 days here so he disappeared quickly. I told Marty if we had kids they'd be clearly instructed to get off their butt and help. The kids are 18-28 so old so it's not like they can't get up and help. Okay I feel better now after my rant.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! It's been a hectic morning because I woke up late. I was so exhausted and woke up at 1AM and was awake for hours before falling back to sleep so Greg didn't want to wake me this AM. We just got to the beach house and it is already pretty hot out. I'm waiting for Greg to do some work stuff so wanted to say hi here. Hoping we can go for a short bike ride before it is too hot.

Rainwood, :lol: I will have to try bronzer then as my hair has been getting thinner and I would love to add some thickness to it.

Junie, thinking of you and your mom. (((HUGS))).

Marcy, You are not a meanie. WTH. 18-28 are adult children and should pitch in and help. Wow talk abut entitled Millenials. I'm not even sure 18 makes the Millenial group but it doesn't matter. Not cool. I'm glad they are finally helping a bit. Good for you for speaking up.

I think adding something to your SIL's and in laws cocktails might be the way to go. A tranquilizer or something like that to add some calm to the visit. 8)

Glad Marty's glasses are OK though he can't see up close now. I find as I get older seeing up close is overrated and this way we cannot see our wrinkles and aging body as well. Win win. :cheeky: Hope you are enjoying nice weather and that Killer is behaving.

Callie, I hope your sinus infection is clearing up and sending more healing vibes your way sweetie.

Hey Gypsy, hope you had your transfusion and are feeling better.

Hope everyone has a good Friday! :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello :wavey:

Little furbaby is sick so I'm depressed. Nothing too serious, just imaginary pregnancy (no idea if that is the right word..). Normally not dangerous, just annoying (and very common for this breed), but she had it for the first time last year and then she might have developed an inflammation of the uterus which can be very dangerous if not treated. They wanted to sterilize her last year just to be safe, but we tried antibiotics first and that cleared it up and they (University vet hospital, dogs department, best in country, forced our local vet to transfer us there) concluded that it was not an inflammation (So now I'm stressed. Because if the inflammation happens this time, we will probably not have a choice. But first things first. Will take her to the vet in the morning when they open and get a prescription for Galastop (Ceva Salute Animale) to try to head off the hormones before it gets too bad. But I'm just so upset already, I so desperately wanted her to win a prize now so she could have puppies next spring/summer. Please cross your fingers. I love her so much I'm kind of desperate for a puppy so that I can always keep a part of her..

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, sadly this morning the kids went right back to being waited on and ignoring helping with chores around here. That's all on Mom and Dad. If this was my family reunion I'd be getting after them myself. But it's not. Oh well there is alway the beach to calm me down. Are you and Greg going to the beach again this weekend? I can't believe it's almost the end of August.

Scandinavian hugs to you and your fur baby.

Marty was up at 5 this morning. Some of them went out for some fishing and had fun. Marty and I went to lunch by ourselves today. I liked that a lot! We went for a ride afterwards and now Marty is napping.

Tomorrow I will be half way through my in-law-festation.

I do love the beach part though.

Have a fabulous weekend.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scandi, lots and lots of healthy dust to your amazing sweet girl. I will be thinking of her. Its very hard when our cherished furry ones are sick. I know you are deeply concerned. Please let us know how you are both doing. Hugs to you and pats to your beautiful dog.--Kristie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
(((HUGS))) and healing vibes being sent Fifi's way Scandi. I am so sorry she isn't feeling well and big hugs to both of you. Fingers crossed it works out just the way you want it to and most importantly that Fifi will be OK. XOXO.

Marcy, glad you and Marty enjoyed some alone time today. And those darn kids. Just let them (or their parents) do their own clean up and you just take care of you and Marty. Cant teach them manners but you don't have to take care of their messes. Glad you are enjoying the ocean waves. We are at the beach house and it was a very hot ride today. And of course something wrong with our TV here. LOL I do think I have some sort of anti something vibe with electronics. :doh: I cannot believe next weekend is Labor Day. Wow this summer went fast. Enjoy the rest of your in- law- festation. :lol:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi All.

I'm a bunker emotionally right now. Just hunkered down listening to the nukes fly over head with my fingers in my ear going "la-la-la" trying to hold onto my sanity.

No infusion. Why? Apparently the appeal the insurance at John's work said was going to be granted? Total lie. So I have NO insurance and there is no way to appeal it.

We're looking at Covered California.

I am also running out of all my medications, which in total without insurance are somewhere around 5k a month. Yes, you read that right.

You know that feeling when you have a lump in your throat? I have one all the time. Mine is pure rage and it sits there all day long and I often fear that if I open my mouth at the wrong time all that will come out is pure fury bursting ear drums bloody for miles around.

I am so ANGRY all the time right now. I don't even know how to work past it. Can't go to therapy right now. No insurance. I have never been without insurance. I am TERRIFIED. Seriously. I cannot express how freaked out I am.

No job yet and no unemployment (though I have an interview with them next week, which, from the questions they sent me means I will not qualify for unemployment).

One piece of good news.
Duncan is holding out okay. His ultrasound went well considering he has one cyst we have to keep an eye on but it is on his adrenal gland and isn't the cause of his appetite problems. He has some sort of bowl inflammation that is causing that. His medications are manageable, thankfully.

I helped my friend edit her book. It was enlightening. Made me realize that editing other people's work for a living is probably not for me. Not unless I can say, "Look, you tried. Let's just chock it up to an A for an effort and not inflict this mess on the unsuspecting public." And her actual writing is quite good. Maybe it takes a level of optimism I am fresh out of right now? Who knows.

Anyway, I am going to start editing John's book tomorrow. We'll see how that goes.

I need something. Luck? Prayers? Who knows. Something to give us a little security. We have so little right now and it is terrifying.

:wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall: :wall:

Thanks for listening to my "poor me" post. This is fast becoming my only outlet for venting. Sorry to inflict it on you all.

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, I've been meaning to tell you how much I love Greg's workshop. My DH would have been so envious. And I'm glad work has been going well. That's always a plus. And I'm so sorry you are having problems at one or both houses. Sounds like my life! It's definitely a first-world problem, but that doesn't mean it isn't still a problem!

Marcy, I just want to call you St. Marcy from now on. You've earned it. You seem to have unlocked the secrets to keeping your sanity - alcohol, alone time with Marty, and staring out at the beach. Hope they get you through Week 2 as well.

LLJ - congrats on cleaning stuff out and investing in some new clothes. Good for you! And I hear you on the wide feet. It can be a problem getting shoes, especially cute ones.

Junie, hang in there. That's all I can offer. I just saw my MIL for dinner on Wednesday and she too eats like a bird. The woman who has a degree in nutrition and has always eaten healthy, even when it wasn't popular to do so, had a dinner that consisted of 3 orange slices, part of a baked potato, 2 bites of chicken, a small glass of milk, and a small glass of lemonade. I'd have been worried except she followed up with a creme brûlée (minus the burnt sugar topping) with ice cream on top. And she refused to eat her roasted cauliflower (which was actually quite tasty). Oh, how the tables have turned. I figure at 94 she can eat whatever she wants.

Scandi, I'm so sorry to hear Fifi is unwell. That can be so worrisome. My fingers are crossed your vet can solve the problem quickly and the two of you can get back to the training you love.

Gypsy, I am so sorry to hear about this latest insurance issue. How is it possible you end up having no insurance through John's employer? Sounds really, really messed up. No one should have to go without needed medications and treatments. Do you hear that Republicans? No one.

Kristie, hope you're doing okay. Same to Callie, CJ, Jimmianne, and anyone else whose name escapes me at the moment.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Gypsy, I am so so sorry and please don't apologize for feeling so angry and upset and scared and venting here. OMG I cannot believe what you are dealing with right now and how is this possible that John's employer doesn't have to cover your health insurance? Is there any way you can get an advocate to help you out with this? The insurance companies are not meant for mere mortals to deal with and make everything so freakin difficult. :wall: :nono: :nono: :nono: I am furious you are going through all of this. Is there anyone at John's work who can help you navigate this? When I was dealing with the insurance companies (more often than I liked) Greg got someone at work who was an advocate and who fought on my behalf. I have to ask him the title of the person who did this for me.

OK just asked Greg and the title of the person at his job who was helping me navigate the insurance companies is Benefits Coordinator. Not sure that is helpful but just wanted to share that with you in case John has a Benefits Coordinator at his job who can somehow help you with this huge mess. Honey I hope you can get your meds and your transfusion covered and I am so so sorry and I am sending bucket loads of PS ****DUST**** and good luck vibes and lots of prayers your way. I figure let's all stack the deck for you and send all good thoughts/wishes/prayers/PS DUST your way! And of course big hugs and love honey.

SO glad Duncan is doing better and that the ultrasound was good besides a cyst you are watching. Hopefully that turns out to be absolutely nothing to worry about. Hoping Lilly is doing well too. ((((Gypsy)))) ((((HUGS)))).

Rainwood, thank you. Greg's workshop is still a work in progress but it is slowly becoming his dream workshop. The one he had in Sea Girt was much much larger but this one is going to be just as good if not better since the dust collection system is much improved and it is also going to be more efficient than the huge one he left back in Sea Girt. Yes, work is going as well as it can be and just taking it one day at a time (NIRDI motto at least one of them) and if I end up leaving I will be at peace with that decision.

You are right. These are all first world problems we are dealing with i.e. things breaking down all the time and while they are frustrating they are not major quality of life issues in the long run and sometimes I'm like girrrl put on your big girl panties and deal with it and shut the heck up about it already. I sometimes wish my brain censored what my hands are typing here before I hit send and edit and re-edit but hey it helps me to get it out and see it written so I can put it all in perspective so I do. Anyone who is sick of my bellyaching can just skip over what I am writing. I won't take it personally. :loopy:

We didn't try trapping any cats yesterday nor did we remove the food last night. I just felt with RootBeer and Shasta just being released this past week I didn't want to remove their food. And Greg hurt his back yesterday morning and I was hoping he would feel better this morning but not really. Not sure how bad he hurt it and I guess time will tell. I have no clue how we are going to trap S. Mug or Dr Pepper or Ginger Ale as we just don't see them often at all and certainly not during the daylight hours so that is another issue just giving me pause (or paws haha to use your quotation abut being pawsitive LOL) for now.

Scandi, how is your sweet baby feeling today? Hoping she is feeling better.

Marcy, hope you had a good night last night and a good day planned. Think about slipping some tranquilizers in your in laws drinks. :devil: JK!

We have a party to go to tonight and of course I don't feel like it. Last weekend I skipped another party and I sort of feel guilty about that but I just didn't feel like going and it was so hot last Saturday night. Greg told me he is OK if I don't want to go to tonight's party (last party of the summer for us) but I am not sure he is being completely truthful and I asked him to go without me tonight but right now he is adamantly refusing which is annoying as I don't want to feel guilty about him not going. Anyway we will figure it out. Hey it's Saturday so what could be bad. As Greg always says to me as long as no one is hurt or bleeding it is not a big problem. :bigsmile:

Have a good Saturday girls and sending all of you good thoughts and love. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding some photos of Tommy from the other night. I find it soothing and relaxing going through photos of the fur babies and maybe it will have a similar effect on you girls. In any case hope you enjoy these pics I'm sharing just for you. (((HUGS))).

tommythemochaleopard.jpg

tommysuchalove.jpg

tommystretching.jpg

tommysogoodlooking.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results