shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

rainwood

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy, glad that the dinner with the family went okay and your dad stuck up for you. Yay Dad! And your youngest niece looks so much like you! Drat to the raccoon into the kitty food. It will grow enough soon that it won't be able to get in, hope it doesn't get stuck first. That would be a tricky situation. And glad the two kitties went to good homes thanks to your efforts. It must feel very satisfying.

I spent a very short weekend on the island, going over Saturday afternoon and coming back Sunday afternoon. I lucked out again on the ferry over - achieving last off, first off status again - despite not even having looked at the ferry schedule. And made a quick trip to the farmer's market for lunch - homemade tamales that manage to meet all my dietary restrictions - then a quick stop at the open house for the new performing arts center on the island. Some friends and I went to a real estate open house on Sunday because I had a personal connection to the house being sold. It's a long story, but a fun one as the house has a lot of interesting history, including that Will Rogers once stayed there. So there were some fun things to do, but the time by myself is a struggle. I feel Michael and Nina's loss more keenly over there than I do in the city. I'm just going to have to accept that, and continue to find ways to make the place fit my new life rather than my old one. And it helps that my friend and neighbor is a psychiatrist!

Jimmianne, nice to hear your DD came to her senses. Being young can be such an exhausting ride for everyone. At least you got a new pond out of it! And hoping you continue to enjoy your metal detecting beau. It's good to have something you can do together, and if you find a piece of jewelry, even better!

Scandinavia, I hope Monday's construction issues get sorted out so you can make progress with setting the logs. Construction is enough to tear your hair out sometimes. Fingers crossed that it goes smoothly from here! I have a few house issues on the island that I need to take care of, and it's never as easy as it should be.

Marcy, it sounds like you're on your own again. Do you and Marty get to take advantage of all the airline miles he racks up? Although maybe getting on a plane for pleasure is the last thing he'd want to do given how much flying he does. And I ate one of your yummy looking cookies because when they're virtual, they're gluten- and dairy-free.

Junie, sorry the doors are turning out to be a problem. Pocket doors can be particularly tricky as you have to reframe to take out some of the studs as well as any electrical or plumbing or venting to create the pocket. They are trickier than they look.

Got my NEXUS card. Interesting picture. My left eye was swollen from a stye (now gone) and between that and the hologram over that side of my face, I look lopsided. Oh well, I wasn't exactly supermodel material to begin with!

Hope the week is staring out okay for everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I can see you hanging out at the pet adoption all day finding home for all those precious fur babies. That is awesome 2 of your favorites got to go home.

I’ll email you the link to our astronomy club website.

It does sound Greg and Marty are a lot alike. Marty has always had the watch thing too but it really got started again being bored in jewelry stores. Marty and I definitely choose our own bling / watches anymore.

I am glad I was so close to both my parents. I was always kind of the family mediator / peacekeeper.

We do have a lot in common. Arrows will gladly share cookie testing with you. That was a big cookie for such a little bear. The cookies were appreciated at work today - 2 were left at 5 and I found them on my work teddies. The girl setting in the cube next to me took them home.

The raccoon just wanted a snack.

Jimmianne, I was thinking about your asscher today. I can’t wait to see the finished ring.

Scandinavian, good luck with construction.

Rainwood, score for perfect timing on the ferry this weekend.

The open house sounds fun to go see a place that has a personal connection to you. I am sorry spending time on the island is difficult for you; hopefully with time it will become easier and you’ll feel more at ease being there. That is nice to have a friend and neighbor who is a psychiatrist.

Marty and I do take advantage of Marty’s airline miles. We flew to San Francisco a few years ago and Phoenix last year. He had enough miles we flew first class - but sadly we got bumped coming back from Phoenix since our tickets were paid for with miles and they overbooked first class. He hasn’t traveled much this year or the last few months of last year but I think he was able to fly to Phoenix this week using miles.

That is great you enjoyed one of my cookies today. They sure disappeared at work.

Marty sent me a text about 11 saying he went to the gym and then swimming and was contemplating how much of nothing he was going to do next. I am sure he’s had a few cocktails by now - I see he took out some cash at the ATM and spent about $250 at Safeway (they have alcohol in their Safeway down there). He at least got out of his lounging chair long enough to spend money.

We are expecting rain and snow every day through Saturday. The sky was really black coming home tonight - I was glad I watched Twister yesterday.

Have a great evening and day tomorrow.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, great news about Penelope and Andres! :clap: Fingers crossed it works out and they have found their forever homes. :pray:

Lol to getting more kitties! I can give it a try but I don't think I'll be successful ;(

I'll email you what we are thinking of doing for the doors, thanks!

Oh my gosh, check out that baby raccoon! :o

Scandinavian, hoping your construction issues are getting resolved, sending you good thoughts.

Marcy, sorry, should have explained - a pocket door slides into the wall instead of swinging out. That's a bad explanation lol - here's a picture

Sorry to hear about the bad weather, be careful this week. I laughed out loud when I read your comments about Marty and his trip to Safeway! I hope you're having a good start to your workweek. It's great you have a sapphire shopping trip to look forward to. So sweet of Marty to suggest it, yay! I hoping the weather holds out.

Rainwood, sorry you're still struggling with going to the island, hopefully over time it will not be so difficult for you. (((hugs))). The open house sounds like it was fun, I love going to them myself, always something interesting to see.

Thanks for the info on the pocket door - sounds like more to it than meets the eye lol. The house in SC has them and that's where we got the idea. I'm starting to think it might be easier to put in a folding door.

I really dislike having my picture taken these days - no joke, I almost cried when I saw my passport photo. I thought "I cannot possibly look like this!" I was so upset I had another one taken, which was still awful but not as horrifying as the first.

Good night everyone, see you all soon!

dttr-209_pocket-door_s4x3_lg.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, everyone's passport photo is simply awful. Do they do that on purpose??

I have always heard that pocket doors are notorious for problems. My builder assured that was "Old School Thinking", then the pocket door he installed, which was a solid door, failed in the first year and had to be replaced. We put in a lighter pocket door and no problems since.

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today's picture - finally some progress :)

20160425_192316.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Rainwood, Glad the timing of the ferries worked out so well for you. I'm sorry it was difficult going but glad you did go if even for an abbreviated weekend. The open house sounded like fun and it is good to get away if even for a day. I am so sorry it can be challenging at the beach house right now being there and missing Nina and Michael and remembering everything you used to do together there. It makes sense how it is easier in the city vs at the beach house when the 3 of us shared so much free time together. To say it is hard making a new "normal", a "new" life so to speak is the understatement of the century. . (((HUGS))) to you my friend.

LOL on your NEXUS card. Like Junie and like you I find all my identification cards have the worst photos of me possible. I actually look warped in my passport and driver's license photo too and I didn't have a stye at the time! :lol: MY dad outsmarted everyone and in his passport photo and driver's license photo he is purposefully making the funniest faces LOL. Seriously hysterical. :lol: I think I might try that next time. My passport hopefully is expiring soon as I want to try that funny face...it has to be better than what is on my passport now. 8)

Interesting that you think that Alexa looks like me. I think she looks like my sister and mother more than my BIL and that the oldest Bethany looks a lot like her father (my BIL) and maybe a little bit of me. I definitely don't look like my mom or sister but really take after my dad. In any case in temperament Bethany is just like ME unfortunately. What a smart ass and what an attitude. Just like how I was when I was younger. Now of course I am sweetness and light. :halo: Not. :devil: :cheeky:

Marcy, thank you for letting me share the taste testing of the cookies with Arrows. I happily await the next batch. :lickout:
Yes Greg is quite patient while I check in on the rescues in Brooklyn when we are here on weekends. There are 2 different groups. One on Saturdays and one on Sundays. Soon when we are at the beach house more on the weekends we won't be able to. Not sure what we are going to do with the newborn kittens as I know there are no fosters available since both animal rescue groups in Brooklyn are at full capacity and have some of the rescues boarding elsewhere so in 2 months we might have a problem.

It's great you can use miles for free first class tickets. Sorry you got bumped from first class coming back from Phoenix. I don't fly often but when I do fly I really only want to fly business or first class. Flying is difficult enough (for me) so the more I can make it pleasant the better it is.

LOL that's a lot of money Marty spent at Safeway. Hope he enjoyed the fruits of his labor. 8-)
Glad he got to enjoy the gym and the pool beforehand. Deserved a little treat. :bigsmile:

Oh no to your weather. Sending you lots of good weather dust and please no matter what just be safe. If it is too dangerous to drive just take off work the necessary days OK?

Thank you for emailing me the info on your astronomy club. I will send it along to Andrew when I get it because as I said he is quite the astronomy buff.

Junie, yes email me the door info and I will share it with Greg. You never know. He might be able to help. I am hoping it works out with Penelope and Andres. They are both sweet cats. And feisty too. They have personalities so they will be lots of fun to have in their new respective families. Just hope they get along with their furry siblings. That is always a bit tricky adding and mixing new personalities. Just like people too.

Sorry about the passport photo and I feel your pain. I have never taken a good pic on any legal document/license etc. Never.

I like the pocket door you shared. My parents have one in their bedroom to the master bathroom and Greg had to fix it once but it has been working well now for years. Hope I didn't jinx it by saying that lol. They can be tricky but if done correctly they should be OK and it can be quite the space saver so a good option if the circumstances necessitate a space saving option.

How is your week going?

Scandinavian, it's a relief your project is now going smoothly and I hope it continues down that path. :appl:

Hope all of you have a good Tuesday. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello from the hairdresser :)
I'll split this post in several pieces in case it disappears, please forgive me the inconvenience. And typos. Phone is acting up.

Ballet was nice. Our DD was ok in the first dance and quite good in the other one. She is just doing it for fun, no intentions to turn her pro :) She was very happy and proud :) The summer recital / show is held in a large theater and the place is full to the roof with family for all the children, so it's a very big experience for the children :)

Construction is lookin up. The log company
Is so good at their work and very professional! The other firm has bailed on us.. mad that they had to come and fix the foundation so now they don't want to do the inside carpeting like floors etc. Oh my. Trying to find a replacement on one week notice is taking a lot of time and effort, so far without results. Fingers crossed though!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I love you cooking / food images :) Always looks so so good and tasty! Glad you had a nice time with Marty before he had to leave again. You should make him a surprise before he returns - how about a nice pair of joggings with a cute tail to go with his bunny slippers??
I always love to read your posts, you should be a professional writer for a comedy show :) you always make me laugh!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rainwood, sorry to hear that spending time at the island is still difficult. I wide I could make the pain and sadness go away and leave you with only the happy memories. I might have made a little tombstone or plant a special tree or o something to make a place to sit and remember Nina. Or a book with memories and pictures. That way would can remember her when you want to and try to put it away when you do not. But not sure if that would se it better or worse for you. In general, I always finds that hard physical labour / exersise works best to change my mood. But again that is just me. I'm happy you have friends around you. Use them. Regarding loosing you husband, I'm just so sorry. Big hug!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, :wavey:
Thank you for all your good wishes! You are so kind! To us, and most definitely to the kitties! I'm so impressed and happy that you went to that adoption day and found such loving homes for two of the sweet little things! All you pictures makes even me want a cat and I'm not a cat person! Actually I like cats. But I'm dead scared of mice and dead mice are even worse.. Here, cats normally have a cat door in the back door of the house and come and go as they please. I could never do that. Worrying sick where they are + returning with a mouse expecting praise... LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, please be super careful driving to and from work today. I am worried now and sending safe travel dust your way. And I checked my email and got the link and forwarded it to our friend. Will let you know what he says. Cool website!

Scandinavian, things are looking good and goodbye to bad rubbish I say. You are better off without the other firm who messed up and then had a tantrum about finishing the rest of what they promised to complete. You will find better people to help you complete your project and in the meanwhile I am glad the log company is doing a good job!

And thank you for your kind comments too. I think it would be amazing if you adopted a kitty or 2. They can get along really well with dogs just saying... :Up_to_something: And I'm with you in that you don't need to have them run free. I don't think that's a good idea since they can get hit by a car, attacked by wild animals etc. I don't like when people take such risks with their fur babies. And they are perfectly happy having free rein of the house and don't need to be out in the wild so to speak. So you don't need to worry about depriving them of going outside. I promise.

Glad your DD's ballet recital went well. :appl:

Hope you get a lovely new hairdo from the hairdresser's today. Enjoy. :wavey:

Good luck on your closing today Jimmianne.

Adding some pics from yesterday. It's Spring break and my sister and her family are doing a staycation this time. Sharing some Bronx Zoo pics. I haven't been to a zoo for over 15 years now since zoos make Greg sad. But the Bronx Zoo does it right. People are in the "cages" and the animals get to roam free. And they also save animals and treat them humanely. I think it is time Greg and I make a visit. He said he is good with that. Yay for good zoos saving animals and giving them a good quality of life. :appl:

bronxzoo.jpg

girlsatthebronxzoo.jpeg

girlsatthebronxzoo.jpg

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, Sorry, my hairdresser rudely interrupted my posting, saying that it was time to rinse, lol. I had a few highlights done, as I have been wearing a hat all winter whilst skiing, and the sun has bleached the lower part of my hear, but not the part that was under the hat - so in result - I truly had hat hear, lol. So I just needed to smooth it over to make it look like it all belonged to the same person.. Not anything like yours though. Mine is a bit (lot) flat and straight and thin. Lots of hair, just each hair is thin. Very Scandinavian, in short. I even have blue eyes, lol, you could make a cartoon Scandinavian based on me. Would trade you for your hair anyday :)
How are you and your DD and the horse doing? I miss pictures of your dog, so adorable with the best eyes. Do tell us more about your date if you feel like it :bigsmile: Apparently, I'm not allowed to date when I'm married - who knew?? They should have told me up front, LOL. No, just kidding, I almost never dated before I met my DH either, so difficult to find nice and attractive and intelligent and kind and and and and men.. I might be a little picky.. hmmm... :lol: :lol:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoos - the best one in Scandinavia - in my opinion - is in Kristiansand, a small city in the south part of Norway. They take amazing care of the animals and they have really big enclosures.

http://www.dyreparken.no/dyrene/

I'll make a propper list oneofthesedays Rainwood, but if you are in Kristiansand (about 4 hours drive from Oslo) - this is the thing to do! ("dyr(ene)" is animal(s) in Norwegian)

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your nieces are so pretty!!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, I like pocked doors. My grandparents used to have one between the living room and the hall way. Saves a lot of space - as long as it works properly :angel: Thank you for all your good wishes and kind words! If you think your passport picture is/was bad - you should have seen my drivers licence. I look like I have no brain at all - completely empty behind the eyes - like a baby rabbit unable to focus.. In my defence - I did not know that the picture was taken before it was too late. So now I live with it. And apparently, it does not expire. I really want a new one. Everybody - including at the post office where we live - look at me kind of funny... :lol: :oops: :lol:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls!

Missy, so funny about your dad making faces! :D It's a good idea but unfortunately the last few times I went for an ID photo I was told you can't smile anymore in these pics, you have to have a blank expression - some kind of new law or regulation I guess? My driver's license pic looks like a mug shot lol!

Love the pics of your nieces, they really are so cute and they look like a lot of fun. I have mixed feeling about zoos in general too - I feel sad for the animals but at the same time I really enjoy getting a chance to see them! Yay for progressive zoos that try really hard to make the animals feel at home as much as possible. :dance: I've never been to the Bronx Zoo and I definitely need to go one of these days.

Scandinavian, wow, sorry your company bailed. Very unprofessional imo! Sending lots of luck you find someone else soon. Good news about the logging company, so glad that's working out well.

So glad the recital went well! Sounds like your dd really enjoyed the experience.

Oh my gosh, the zoo you posted is amazing! :love:

Thanks to all for the feedback about the pocket doors - it really would be a space saver for where I want to put it - but first I have to find a company who will do it haha! I'll keep you all posted.

Oh, some good news (finally!) - I've talked about my son in past posts, and how I've been worried that he has been confused and lost as to figuring out what he wants to do. He would really like to work as a sound engineer in a recording studio, but it's been tough figuring out exactly how to go about doing that. He applied for a position as an underwriter trainee for a mortgage company and got the job. He will be paid during the training - he seems very excited about it and I think it has helped with his self-esteem. I don't know that this will be what he ends up doing permanently, but it's a start and will look good on a resume whenever he decides to do something different. I only hope he likes it, I worry about him for a few different reasons and I'm hoping this works out.

Have a great day everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I know exactly what you are talking about now that I see that door. I can see where that might be a bit of work to install but what a great idea. I kind of wish our den had doors like that. I will make Marty take me to Denver Sunday if there is 10 feet of snow - that is what is truck is for - getting through the snow. I am not a fan of having my photo taken either. When I worked at the photo shop I always threw out pictures of me that were on our rolls of film. It’s hard to find an old photo of me because of that. Now that you mention it you can’t smile in photos for passports. I guess they want you to look scared when you are being grilled by customs agents. I am so excited to hear your son got the job as a mortgage underwriter. They will be a great experience for him and I hope he likes it.

Jimmianne, I agree with you the photos on passports generally don’t get our good side. I am glad your pocket door works great now. They are such a great idea. I can see where if people are hard on them they might give you problems but that is probably little kids that would push on them or slam them.

Scandinavian, yea for progress. I have tons of pictures of them building our house. It seemed to take forever. Glad to hear the ballet was nice. I am sure DD enjoyed herself. I am glad my posts provide you with a laugh or two. It’s always a good thing to smile, laugh and be a little goofy. I am so with you on hating mice. The first place we lived when we got married had mice and I was terrified of stepping on one when I got up in the middle of the night. When we came in the door from somewhere I’d say “Mickey you little @#$%^& we are home”. (I can’t say here what I called him). We made them a batch of D-Con surprise and Marty and my dad found where they were getting in and plugged that up. Our last house had little snakes in the house. I didn’t like them but they were better than mice.

Missy, great idea for your dad to make funny faces for his passport and drivers license photos. I am sure I’d like Bethany - I like smart arses and attitudes. Cyber cookies fit everyone’s dietary needs. I am very claustrophobic and even first class seems tiny. I am not a fan of flying. I think I’d go bonkers flying overseas. Marty said his Safeway bill was food “too”. The zoo looks fabulous and your nieces are adorable as always. Thank you and the other NIRDIs for worrying about me in the snow and ice today. Stupid winter that won’t go away.

We had thunderstorms with over 1/2 inch of rain between 2:30 to 4 am then I didn't hear much. When I got up a little after 6 there was snow on the lawn and the streets / sidewalks were wet. I got out of the shower and after getting dressed and we had freezing rain, snow and visibility was about a block. The streets were really slushy to icy. WTH?

I was going to take a girl friend out for supper for her birthday tonight and cancelled on her because of the weather but she texted me a noon saying it wasn't that bad out anymore so we decided to meet anyway. I had a steak, potatoes and salad plus 2 glasses of wine. We visited for several hours. It was good to catch up with her.

I left work at 4 today to go pay for my glasses. $740 out of my sapphire fund but I do need to see. I did save over $1300 between our insurance and 50% off the 2nd set of lenses for my sunglasses. Good thing I didn't just pay for what that other girl ordered for me because she left the transitions off.

Marty is amusing himself today by shopping at Tommy Bahamas and the Kitchen Collection. He said he bought shirts. I asked "they have shirts at the Kitchen Collection?" He didn't respond. Speaking of smart arses. I resemble that remark.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, that is wonderful news about your son and his new job as an underwriter trainee for a mortgage company. :appl: So happy for him and you! I know it is a relief and hopefully this is the beginning of an amazing time in his life. I have noticed that millennials enjoy many different jobs/careers and are different from us baby boomers/Gen X in that way. I have a feeling he will do very well now that he has this new responsibility and he has you and your dh as his parents. You gave him the building blocks he needs.

Ha yes that is so true. We cannot smile during those pics anymore but I think this might have been before that rule went through and anyway he is not smiling but making crazy faces. Not sure how he got that through but he did. My dad and his sense of humor. :lol:

Marcy, whew, what a relief. Glad the weather calmed down yesterday and you were able to complete the Tiffany glasses transaction and got a sweet deal in the process. Love it when we get a sweet deal and new purchases. Win win. Glad you enjoyed a lovely dinner with your friend (who was a previous colleague of yours) last night and how nice of you to take her out for a birthday dinner. I am meeting a friend who was also my previous work colleague this coming Monday for a late lunch and looking forward to it. She had a baby a few months ago and she is super happy. More happy than she thought she would be since she was lukewarm about having a baby but it is all working out incredibly well. She has a nanny whom she is crazy about and takes great care of her baby and she is working part time considering going to full time since she loves her new job. I am so happy for her and cannot wait to catch up with her.

Marty seems to be doing OK on his business trip and you don't have to worry about your sapphire fund. It will be replenished soon I know. :bigsmile:

Scandinavian, hope the construction continues along this new positive vein and that all is well by you.

Jimmianne, glad Gypsy is a bit better and hoping that continues. Are you happy the closing is finally over? Yay for progress on all fronts. When are your new young friends moving in?

Kristie, you owe us some kitchen and bathroom reno pics. Don't think we have forgotten. 8)

Callie, yay for things going well and hoping for a few quiet weeks/months for you and your brother. Hoping you are enjoying your new purse purchase. Are you keeping it?

Rainwood, hello and hope you enjoyed the rest of your day yesterday.

LLJsmom, I love rose gold and it is beautiful on you.

Have a great day girls. Today is my Monday. :cheeky: :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, that's great news about your son. Any job gives structure, education and money and gives skills to fall back on no matter what future careers he may pursue. Congratulations to him, and I know it is good for you as well.

OK, so I am now the proud owner of a ratty old manufactured home in a beautiful woods. After the closing I went in the house and although it has some BIG problems, like mold, the actual layout is good and it has a nice stacked stone fireplace. Can't decide if I will try to fix it or invite the fire dept. to practice on it.

Here is my complaint du jour - Why can't JA give the 15% off on diamonds?!?! OH I know - to save us from spending more money. yesss.

Missy, I can hear you posting! LOL but don't dare look and maybe lose my post.

back soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL Jimmianne. You have great hearing. :lol:
And congratulations on your new "ratty" home. Perhaps you need some newborn kitties to help with the "rattiness"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:devil: :halo:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1461725859|4024028 said:
Hi NIRDIs!

Marty is amusing himself today by shopping at Tommy Bahamas and the Kitchen Collection. He said he bought shirts. I asked "they have shirts at the Kitchen Collection?" He didn't respond. Speaking of smart arses. I resemble that remark.

Marcy

ah now I get it. and here I thought the rabbits' attacks were unprovoked. LOL So...he could not come back with a snappy comeback?
oh dear, your bears will pay now, but as true household warriors, they will prevail!

I hate this phrase, but will say anyway - you go girl!! [and go bears!]

Missy, I think I love your Dad. He sounds like fun and what a rebel. It makes me smile to think of him making faces. Can we give him an honorary NIRDI title?

I think Gypsy is almost better. On my own I have cut back on painkillers and atropine. Maybe good, maybe bad idea. I know the pain meds are bad for her

So excited - I finally found a good fence guy [very hard to find] to replace electric fence [doesn't alway work & I refuse to fool with electricity] with board fence so I can turn horses out in lower pasture while in France SO dogs can have upper pasture to explore. Last time, I came back to find that the old dog could hardly move due to lack of exercise and Issy*Joy was an overly energetic mess from being cooped up.

Missy, here is a photo of my step-Dad, my inspiration; professional non-worrier & master of the one-liner except he could hardly tell the joke because he would be laughing so much.
He must have been in his late 90's at that point. My Mom is behind him and they are dancing in a store at the Mall I think. Silly people. img_3942.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1461750970|4024102 said:
LOL Jimmianne. You have great hearing. :lol:
And congratulations on your new "ratty" home. Perhaps you need some newborn kitties to help with the "rattiness"... :lol: :lol: :lol:

:devil: :halo:

double ha ha ha ha
My DD found three baby possum kitties with poor decease Mother-unit yesterday.
A trade perhaps :saint:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
At work and supposed to be working.. but just wanted to log on really quick and show you a progress picture of todays work that I just received :) Will get back to you later ;))

img_7999-1.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great progress Scandinavian. Love the photo, thank you. :appl:

Yes Jimmianne, perhaps a trade would work. I'll take Puff and Issy and you take the 3 newborn kitties in 2-3 months... :cheeky:
Sorry about the possum. :blackeye: Are the babies going to make it without the mother? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Glad Gypsy is getting better. Keep that going, good work. :appl:

And yes my dad can be an honorary NIRDI thank you. Lol does it matter that he doesn't even know how to go online or have his own mobile phone? He shares it with my mom. I know, I know. :lol: But his sense of humor is irreverent and always hysterical to me at least. It's not everyone's cup of tea but I know the NIRDIs would all "get" him. Love your silly step dad. We would all be so much better going through life like our fathers do/did. It's the best way. Laughing is good medicine. :appl:

Adding a pic Greg took yesterday of Wally at his new home. ;))

_3305.jpeg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No comment on the proposed trade, although let me think about sending you Puff lol
Whale of a good photo.

and Scandi, glad you "logged" on to show the progress!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, you aren’t going to believe this - we are expecting another winter storm starting tomorrow night. 8-12 inches of snow is possible. I am glad to hear things are working out so well for your former colleague who had a baby. You’ll enjoy catching up with her next week. Marty is actually taking a vacation this week and sounds like he is thoroughly enjoying himself.

Jimmianne, congratulations on closing on the property next door. Good luck deciding what to do with the house. I agree JA should have 15% of their diamonds I’d be working on dangle earrings rather than sapphire upgrades. I totally laughed when you said some of the rabbit attacked were unprovoked. I get myself or my bears in trouble all the time. But hey I think I’m funny! I am Gypsy is doing better. That’s nice you found a good fence guy. Love the picture of your stepfather - he is definitely enjoying himself. Very cool!

Scandinavian, that is awesome progress so far. Sweet.

LOL to “whale of a photo” and “logged progress”. Very witty.

it was chilly here today but sunny. The wind was brutal though.

I stopped at the grocery store on the way home tonight. I picked up chicken nuggets for supper. I took some Alka Seltzer already so hopefully they won’t make me sick. I have been craving chicken. Darn it.

The updated org chart was posted at work today and I wasn’t surprised to see my boss was promoted to manager as was the other supervisor in our department. I am happy for them but not for myself. All 3 of us were managers until 2 years ago and then all 3 of us were demoted to supervisors since none of us had any salaried employees. Both of them now have a salaried employee and I don’t. The minute they moved me under my boss I figured they were setting him up to be promoted. I think it is kind of rotten no one told me they got promoted. I talked to the other manager and it was obvious she, my boss and their boss had kind of discussed keeping it quiet because they knew I’d be upset. I’ve been saying some of them are treating me so nice I knew they are screwing me over somehow. I am disappointed and discouraged. Oh well.

I have had a horrible but localized pain in my right eyebrow. WTH? It’s like a mini sinus headache.

Okay, I’ll quit whining now. The teddies and killers are keeping me company.

Marcy

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, So so sorry to hear about your work. That was so unfair and not a nice way to go about it at all. Maybe you should do a work-slow-strike? That should teach them :angryfire: On a more constructive note - is there anything you can to about the situation? Big hugs!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls.

Marcy, that situation at work blows and is very unfair and disappointing. You are not whining at all.
You deserve so much better but to have kept it quiet from you until the news was out was adding insult upon injury. It would have been more respectful to tell you what was going on without you having to hear it after the news was out. Even though you already guessed it that is not the point. I am sorry sweetheart. (((HUGS))).
If it helps you take solace i the fact that you are closer to the end of your work career (and closer to having fun in retirement!) than the beginning. I take comfort in that fact quite often haha.

Hoping today is a better day. And Marcy if you are getting that much snow tonight I implore you to please just stay home on Friday! Remember the "Just Say No" campaign well this is my "Just Stay Home" campaign. :lol: And the timing works out right? 3 day weekend for everyone. 8)

Scandinavian, more construction good luck dust being sent your way. Looking forward to updates.

Jimmianne, :lol: "Whale of a good photo"...you are cracking me up here. :bigsmile: I'm ready for Puff. :appl: 8-)

Hope all you girls have a wonderful Thursday. :wavey:

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bulding a house is a lot of work... but the result :)

20160427_211231-1.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the cutting shape on those log ends.

Off to Duke Gardens with best friend. Her birthday.

Huge freeze in the wine regions of France last night. Very troubling.

Be back later.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results