carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Junebug, that is nice your DH can sleep on the long flights. Marty doesn't seem to sleep on them. Which is weird I have seen him fall asleep almost everywhere else. Marty's new job might mean a lot more travel. We can buy jewelry while our DH are out working. Ha! There is never much new going on in my life either. Routine can be both good and bad.

Missy, I looked up what you said you probably had on your eye. That looks very painful. I hope those antibiotics clear it up right away and your other eye doesn't get that as well. Get better soon!

Jimmianne, did you watch Groundhog Day? It's a great movie. Glad you like your asscher so much and hope you find a setting that you like for it. I think it is very pretty. Glad to hear the art show is looking good.

We ended up with almost 13" of snow and lots and lots of drifts. No way no how was I getting out of my garage of down my street. I woke up the King of the Killer Rabbits and said I need a ride to work. His truck made it just fine. He is picking me up at 5 and then we'll grab take out from Olive Garden on the way home. Tomorrow won't be much better because we won't be above freezing until Thursday and that will be just barely. The roads are just flat icy.

I didn't bring a lot to work with me today and only wore bands. I am liking my .55 ctw band so I might have to get a platinum diamond band to wear on days I want to leave my ering at home. Maybe a PC ACA band would be nice and different than anything I have. Makes my hand look smaller and my finger skinnier.

Take care. Remember in 3 1/2 months I hopefully won't be complaining about snow and ice anymore. Sometime for me to look forward to.

Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy, I hope your eye is improving and you feel better.

Marcy--I hope the orange popsicle on your garage floor soon evaporates!

Shout out to the rest of the gang! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon I am smiling because your post starts the 200th page of "As the NIRDIs Turn".

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations Sharon!!! Woohoo first post on page 200. :appl: :appl: :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs, guess what I get to do while I'm taking public transportation... :)

Missy, I am so sorry that it's your eye now. I really don't think about it as you having "one thing after another". You certainly didn't ask for it, and I know you try your best to be careful and vigilant. In fact it must be doubly frustrating given that you are and it just happens. I know your eye will feel better with the meds and I am hoping that your leg will heal itself. You are so strong In staying positive and moving forward. I'm so proud of you. I know that better and healthy days are ahead for you. Hugs to both you and Greg.

Marcy, I hope your orange ice skating rink is almost gone. Having lived in CA my whole life, I really don't appreciate how life could be so different in a different climate. My co-worker was just joking that when she took out her trash last night she was freezing. Our temps were in the 40s last night. Must sound like summer to you. If it were me, the trash would stay indoors. I admire how people have adjusted to living their lives and going about their business even in such inclement weather. Seriously, an orange juice spill can be complicated. I love John Cusak. And Joan too. I remember Grosse Point Blank. I saw The Intern this weekend. My kids loved it. So funny and I could relate to sooo many things, the multiple pairs of glasses for one. You guys have to see it if you haven't yet.

Jimmianne, isn't it funny what we end up wearing a lot? I have Been wearing my five stone and finding that it provides me more than enough bling on one hand. So weird. I am not even wearing my solitaire as much. So I really don't know what the heck I am taking about when I say I want to trade it in for an OEC. You asscher is beautiful. It's a great size. I find myself craving a smaller stone too. It's just an excuse to get another DIAMOND.... Bad LLj. I guess people change, we all change all the time. I sometimes have this romantic idea in my head that I will tell my grandkids that "this" ring was given to me by your grandpa and I wore it everyday of my life... What a load of crap. Never gonna happen. I'm gonna always pick out my own bling and I'm gonna change my mind every six months. :roll:

Sharon, hi! How are you? :wavey:

Kristie, miss you. :praise:

Callie, thinking about you. ::)

June, hope you are taking a little time for yourself everyday. :halo:

(((Hugs)))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1454455210|3985864 said:
HI:

Missy, I hope your eye is improving and you feel better.

Marcy--I hope the orange popsicle on your garage floor soon evaporates!

Shout out to the rest of the gang! :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Sharon,yay! as the first poster on page 200 you get a little prize. [We also did this at page 100].
I set up a contact listing on Loupe Troup where you can reach me to learn more!
It's under "other" and has "Jimmianne" as the lister : )

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1454461765|3985932 said:
I sometimes have this romantic idea in my head that I will tell my grandkids that "this" ring was given to me by your grandpa and I wore it everyday of my life... What a load of crap. Never gonna happen. I'm gonna always pick out my own bling and I'm gonna change my mind every six months. :roll:

This made me laugh - we can always lie to our grandkids, right?
I haven't worn Joy in what seems like months. It is nice to know a treat is waiting in the safe.
So - I don't wear that ring or any of my Mom's, but I just spent an hour or more on JA for the second time this week [notice it's only Tuesday] picking out a diamond - any diamond! as long as it is well-cut and under $400 LOL

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1454462946|3985946 said:
LLJsmom|1454461765|3985932 said:
I sometimes have this romantic idea in my head that I will tell my grandkids that "this" ring was given to me by your grandpa and I wore it everyday of my life... What a load of crap. Never gonna happen. I'm gonna always pick out my own bling and I'm gonna change my mind every six months. :roll:

This made me laugh - we can always lie to our grandkids, right?
I haven't worn Joy in what seems like months. It is nice to know a treat is waiting in the safe.
So - I don't wear that ring or any of my Mom's, but I just spent an hour or more on JA for the second time this week [notice it's only Tuesday] picking out a diamond - any diamond! as long as it is well-cut and under $400 LOL

LLJsmom I also LOL'd out loud reading what you wrote. The sooner the (future) grandkids realize the way life works the better. You are a strong woman who knows what you like and you choose your own bling so you get exactly what your heart desires. And it's OK to change our minds. We're not changing them about our dhs just about diamonds. :cheeky:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some of the Killer Rabbits waiting for me to bring them home teddy bear tortellini. They were mad when that wasn't in our bag from Olive Garden.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1454464696.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon, I love the orange popsicle line. I’ll definitely relay that one to Marty. Are you having a snowy winter? Congratulations on winning the 200 page prize.

Jimmianne, 200 pages of NIRDI postings. Sweet. That is so nice of you to be offering another prize.

Missy, very good point we stick with our DH even though we can’t stick with just one piece of bling.

LLJsmom, yay for utilizing your time on public transportation by catching up with the NIRDIs. Yes 40’s right now would be shorts and t-shirt weather. I was surprised how many people made it to work today. Our company is about 3 miles out of town but it is on a main road so they keep it plowed. I see no problem with wanting new jewelry every 6 months. At least that works for me. I told Marty on the way home tonight that leaving my solitaire home cost him money today because now I want a platinum diamond band. He didn’t say much.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm hoping the antibiotics kick in soon and your eye starts improving quickly. I'm so sorry about all of this, but I'm glad it wasn't the more serious condition. Please know we are always here for you, and yes, coming here and venting really does help and makes it possible to dust ourselves off, continue on with life, and plug along as best we can. I know that this thread has helped me do that more than once! Thinking of you my friend, and sending love and loads of good thoughts that your eye stops this nonsense and gets better very soon!

Jimmianne, of course you are right, no news is certainly much better than bad news! I'm really glad you are happy with the size of your asscher, it is SUCH a beautiful stone. :love: For all my carrying on about finger coverage, I have a 1 carat diamond that I would like to set in a solitaire setting - it would be nice to have a smaller alternative to wear and I keep thinking about that rose gold setting I briefly had from JA. I know rg isn't everyone's cup of tea but I thought it was such a beautiful metal; I was kind of amazed by how much I loved it! It's too bad your current setting doesn't fit flush with bands - is the gap really noticeable? I forget what the profile of the SK setting looks like. I'm very happy you're enjoying the diamond so much though. :dance:

And I LOVE the movie Groundhog Day, one of my all-time favorites!

Oh my gosh marcy, so sorry about the snow! I'm glad Marty was able to drive you and you got to work with no problems. Now you know I hate to be an enabler :devil: but a platinum PC band sounds pretty sweet to me and would be perfect for days you didn't want to wear your ering. I laughed when I read that Marty didn't say much! :D Pretty much the reaction my dh has when I bring up buying bling - that and a panicked look on his face haha!

Those killer rabbits do look very upset! :D

And yeah, GO Broncos!!! I want them to win so badly! :pray:

LLJsmom, you have stumbled on the best way to pass the time on your commute! :dance: I absolutely adore your 5 stone and am so glad you're loving it! It's nice to change things up a bit and fun to have some variety. It's a tough call on the OEC - I love them, I own one - but I have to say, I think your ering is SO beautiful. I'm not much help :oops: I guess just give it some time and see how you feel in the next month or so. In the meantime it's a lot of fun dreaming and planning! Diamonds are just so addictive and mesmerizing *sigh*. Your comments about passing heirlooms down to our grandkids made me almost choke on my decaf tea :lol: As Jimmianne said, maybe we can just lie, too funny!!!

Sharon, congrats on winning the 200 page prize! :appl:

Kristie and Callie, thinking of you both!

Ok, I better get to bed - sorry if I've rambled in this post or don't make sense somewhere, I shouldn't post when I'm exhausted!! Have a good Wednesday everyone!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1454465583|3985971 said:
I told Marty on the way home tonight that leaving my solitaire home cost him money today because now I want a platinum diamond band. He didn’t say much.

This is so funny!! Your killer rabbits are vicious. Is the dryer their usual hangout when you get home?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy,

I was only rebelling. LOL Missy scolded me [not really] for wanting to do this again, but I said heck yes I will. It is a tiny prize and I joked that when we get to page 300 the prize will have gone downhill so far that the first poster will have to pay out instead :lol:

I hope Sharon responds. Sharon? I know I was a bit hesitant at first to reveal my particulars to people I met online, but when I started getting cookies and presents...haha
The only problem has been that no one has sent me a pan of lasagna yet! :cry:

I don't like to see those scary rabbits - it must be so much worse in person. Be careful! and remember that the NIRDIs are really a bunch of big teddy bears in disguise at the ready to fight off KRs.

June, I love rose gold. Yellow gold too. I think we see so much white gold and platinum here that more color is a bit swoon-worthy. But a nice pink rose gold is the most beautiful to me. Can you find that setting and post a photo or link? It would be fun to get a glimpse inside your design mind.

Missy? how are you this morning?!?!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, those killer rabbits are indeed vicious. Too bad you cannot teach them to shovel snow. Put their anger energy to good use. :cheeky:

And I vote for any band that will make our fingers look longer and skinnier. :appl:

Before you know it 3 and a half months will be here and goodbye snow and ice. :wavey:

Jimmianne, LOL yes I was not that enthusiastic about the page 200 prize but you got me onboard haha.
If I was feeling better I would do another update of "As the NIRDIs turn" lol. But for now it will have to wait. I am sorry about that as it is fitting for me to update it on page 200. Maybe later if my vision improves. It is sort of exhausting doing anything that involves seeing right now. Yet I persevere. Keeps my mind off all the crappy noise in my brain right now so thankful for PS!
How are you doing today and what are your plans?

Sharon, Thank you for your continued good wishes for my eye healing and congratulations again. I was very curious who was going to be the first poster on page 200. I cannot believe we are so far along. Sadly a credit to all my trials and tribulations lol but I am so thankful you girls have stuck by me. I am longing for the day it is more about sharing our happiness and fun and bling than the other stuff.

LLJsmom, I love it when you have time to really sit down and "chat" with us here. How was your commute yesterday? Did I miss why you are not driving to work? My vision is very blurry right now so it is a struggle reading and posting so I may miss more things than usual.

Junie, thank you for all your love and support and good wishes. Thank you all. What are you doing today?

My eye is still bad so I am staying home today. Not happy about it and not happy about my eye. To make matters worse we had a sink clog (both sinks) in the kitchen last night and even my dh who is very handy could not fix it. I called the super who came right over and he spent an hour and was unable to fix it either. Oy. So today we are waiting for the plumbers our building uses and hoping they come today because we have shut off all the water in the kitchen. It is driving me nuts that I have a dishwasher full of dirty dishes. :((
Also not thrilled about having plumbers come today when I am looking like this with my scary eye but I would rather they came so goodbye modesty. I think I left that behind a long time ago. :oops: :lol:

Have a good day girls and if anyone has any time please check in here. I am home and alone (well I do have my furbabies for companionship). At least until the plumbers get here. :naughty: :cheeky:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, hi, checking in on my way to work. I'm taking public transport because my driving route has been blocked up due to Super Bowl City set up in downtown SF. They closed off so many roads and driving is just a nightmare. It's quite relaxing to have my own time in the morning. I hope those plumbers are fixing your drain as we speak. It's such an inconvenience. And the last thing you want to deal with when you're not feeling your best is strangers in the house. Are the warm compresses and the antibiotics helping? Is it all soon to expect anything?

I'm gonna look up this page 200 thing. I missed it. Oh I see it! So sweet of Jimmianne. Wow. 200. Wow.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm so glad you checked in, I've been thinking about you…I know you hated to miss work but I'm glad you decided to stay home. :halo: I'm sorry your eye hasn't improved more, I'm so hoping those antibiotics start kicking in soon. I am very empathetic to this, I absolutely hate having anything wrong with my eye - remember when I irritated my eye when I took out my contact? That was such a little thing but honestly the discomfort was unrelenting and wore me down, and doing the simplest things felt like a major chore…and that was something really minor! You must be feeling worn out by the whole thing at this point. And what a day to have to deal with workmen! ;( Hang in there missy, I do hope this issue starts clearing up soon. (((hugs)))

Jimmianne, I'm thinking of a setting similar to the one I ordered with the marquise - very, simple, no frills ha - here's a pic - I love yg too but I think rg looks better with my skin tone and the soft pink color is so pretty…I've been casually searching around looking at settings - of course my husband has no idea about any of this haha! I'll probably hold off until June so it can be a birthday/anniversary gift. The good news is it's fairly easy to find an inexpensive simple solitaire setting. It's just a shame to have a pretty diamond sitting in my jewelry box unworn. Although nothing is stopping me from wearing the ring as is I guess lol! :oops: The idea of a simple solitaire is just really appealing to me right now.

I'll start saving pics of other settings I come across that I like, just for fun hehe!

And it's so sweet of you to do the 200 post prize!

img_10598.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, thanks for checking in and thank you Kristie for keeping me company through the plumbing ordeal. I have water in the kitchen now and all is fixed. Woohoo!

Junie, thanks. I don't think it is the antibiotics that are going to be the big help because the infected glands are hard to reach and they need to open up so I can heal and to that end I am hoping the hot compresses will work to open up them up. I hope and plan on going to work tomorrow so really want to see improvement today. In the grand scheme of things I shouldn't complain but you are right. When the eyes are infected it is not pleasant and since my vision is affected simply by how big the infected hordeola are that it is distorting my vision that makes even reading a bit challenging. But no worries. I won't skip PS or my NIRDIs... :cheeky:

LLJsmom, thanks for that explanation. I remember a while ago we were chatting and we both agreed we liked the freedom of driving and being in charge of our commute that way and I am glad you are enjoying this temporary change. You sure can get more done when you take public transport.

Callie, hoping the meeting went well today. (((HUGS))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah, ok missy, I see what you mean. Hoping the compresses help and you're at least showing some improvement by tomorrow :pray:

I'm home today - not much going on, went to Costco and am going to run a few more errands - good news is it's warm outside, bad news is it's raining! :knockout:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, I really like rose gold too. I have 3 RHR and enjoy it. I clean it in soapy dishwater instead of my usual diluted Windex but other than that is seems fine. I notice it scratches a bit easier than YG. I am sure Marty knows I am always working on my next jewelry project. I still have to finish paying off our Christmas gifts though but I'm close on that. Yes, Go Broncos!!! Those Killer Rabbits can be mean.

LLJsmom, I find those Killer Rabbits almost everywhere. They can be on my pillow, on door handles, in cupboards, chewing on my bears. That's what I get when Marty is working from home. Usually most of them are on the banister in the living room.

Jimmianne, rebelling a bit is always good for the soul. I'll help you plot and plan for the prize when we hit page 300. It will be a fun project. Mm lasagna. I should start hiding the KR's from Marty. Of course since he's home all day I may never see my bears again.

Missy, good plan to get the KR's out shoveling. That would keep them busy and wear them out. Now that the snow has quit we are going to have really high winds so we'll get ground blizzards - more drifts and the roads will remain icy. Double the fun. It's sunny today but not more than about 20 degrees. I agee a band that makes our fingers look longer and skinnier is a win win. Sorry you aren't doing better yet. I hope you feel better soon. I had a knick out of my cornea one time and was miserable and remember being so tired because even not seeing your brain still tries to see. I remember trying to grade papers on my laptop for my online class. I couldn't get the brightness on the laptop dim enough to not overwhelm my injured eye. Oh no for plumbing problems. They swear you can clear a clogged drain with baking soda and vinegar. Did the plumbers get you fixed?

I drove to work today. It's still icy. The 2 blocks between our house and the main road went okay - my car goes through deep snow quite well. Pshew.

My old employee that was such a pain is on one of his rants right now. Thank goodness I have a TV so I can use earplugs and tune him out. I so don't miss that except now I still have to hear it.

Go Broncos!
Marcy

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1454505774|3986116 said:
Marcy,

I was only rebelling. LOL Missy scolded me [not really] for wanting to do this again, but I said heck yes I will. It is a tiny prize and I joked that when we get to page 300 the prize will have gone downhill so far that the first poster will have to pay out instead :lol:

I hope Sharon responds. Sharon? I know I was a bit hesitant at first to reveal my particulars to people I met online, but when I started getting cookies and presents...haha
The only problem has been that no one has sent me a pan of lasagna yet! :cry:

What? I won something? :appl: (is their a hand rubbing emotie here?) Sorry for the late reply....worked, made supper and against the Dermatologist orders...I had a hot bath! :bigsmile:

That said, even if I don't get food across the border (can you send a cocktail? like a Manhattan? :lickout: Missy must know about such delish libations local to her heeheee) I really do appreciate warm people, kind thoughts and gestures because that really does transcend time and space. Truly.

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon, ooh I love a good Manhattan. And I'm not a really a drinker but yes I do enjoy a Manhattan on occasion. Strong and sophisticated like the city.
mmfreshmartini.gif

I hope you enjoyed your relaxing hot bath and that you had no negative repercussions.
467249l1ysvuxr36.gif

A good moisturizer following it should work well and I hope the new moisturizers you purchased are working out well for you!

And I appreciate and agree with your lovely sentiment Sharon about warm, kind and lovely people transcending time and space and am so grateful for you wonderful girls. (((Hugs))).

Jimmianne, did someone mention lasagna?
chowtimeguy.gif

Hi Junie, I (almost) always enjoy Costco as long as it is not too crowded that is. Hope you made an impulse buy or 2. I love those. Yes it was a rainy day yesterday but I didn't mind it because I was inside all day and I enjoyed the fact that it was mild. Whenever it rains/snows or the weather is otherwise inclement though I do worry about the kitties and yesterday was just too windy around here.

Marcy, wow please be careful on the icy roads. I don't think I would ever get used to driving on icy roads. Especially with all the bad drivers that exist around where we live. Seriously they are reckless and add some ice in there and well no thanks. Sorry your old employee was acting up yesterday and I agree thank goodness for your earplugs and tv. Genius way to tune out all the static. ::)

Go Broncos!
cleader.gif

I'm glad your corneal abrasion healed well. The cornea is a fast healer. I am not having much progress with my infection unfortunately and all I can do is be patient. Nothing can be done while it is hot and infected. If it turns out not to resolve I am not sure how to handle it because surgically removing it (once it becomes chronic and not active) is tricky in the upper lid due to the anatomy. Not a good situation if it doesn't heal by itself. I just keep hoping it will get better with all my diligent hot compresses every single hour. I am going to work today because I just cannot miss another day but am doing hot compresses as I type and will do them as soon as I get home and during the whole evening so hopefully that won't set me back.

LLJsmom, it's funny I would have thought you might enjoy camping. So another thing we have in common. We love bling but hate camping. Though I love hiking as long as we can stay at a nice hotel afterwards.
1854526ox0046p8do.gif
8)

Have a good day girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1454555004|3986610 said:
Jimmianne|1454505774|3986116 said:
What? I won something? :appl: (is their a hand rubbing emotie here?) Sorry for the late reply....worked, made supper and against the Dermatologist orders...I had a hot bath! :bigsmile:
cheers--Sharon

Sharon, yes! I'm glad you saw that.
I left a contact message for you under the category of "other" on Loupe Troop. If you email me your address I will send you your "fabulous" prize =)
If there is a problem finding the LT listing, let me know.

June, I love the rose gold on your hand.

Missy, your emoticons make your posts works of art : )
They are outstanding.
I was surprised that you went to work - I wanted you to stay home and rest. Take care today...and Happy Missy Friday!
[FYI I added tomatoes to my diet and they are definitely a big trigger for my skin issues. I am sad. I live on tomatoes and had just discovered a beautiful winter greenhouse in town where you can pick your own : (
I think chocolate is probably another trigger, but how in the world could a person stop eating dark chocolate :errrr: ]

Have you all been following the Esperanza thread? The pendant is surprisingly 3-D. I think all the fuss&todo is really fun and I'm looking forward to seeing it modeled by some of our PSers.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Sharon, I hope you enjoyed your forbidden hot bath. That sounds good on this chilly night. I’ve never tried a manhattan. What’s in one?

Missy, thanks for the “Go Broncos!” I did slide through the intersection today. Luckily no one was on coming the other way. Tomorrow we get above freezing finally so hopefully some of this snow and ice will start to melt. I was surprised how quickly the cornea healed. I was pretty good in about 5 days but didn’t stick a contact back in for awhile. I hope the antibiotics and hot compresses work for your eye. It does sound like a very delicate area to have surgery. Sending lots of PS healing dust your way.

Jimmianne, I sure have to watch tomatoes. They make me itch. Give up chocolate? That would be tough. Isn’t the Esperanza diamond fabulous?

Not much new here. Marty made us tacos for supper. We sat down and went through each other’s logon and passwords tonight. Good thing to have that buttoned up if you need it.

Have a great evening and Friday tomorrow.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls. It is snowing and raining here right now. A mix. Hope everyone is safe and warm and still sleeping soundly.

Marcy, A Manhattan is made with whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. My dh and I prefer ours with bourbon as the whiskey of choice and our favorite is Maker's Mark. Stirred over ice, strained into a chilled glass, garnished, and served straight up. The key is chilling the glass. Manhattan tastes sweet earthy and robust and it is strong. Some people have it over the rocks but our preference is always straight up. Sharing 2 pics below. I like it straight up in a very chilled martini glass.

I'm glad it is warming up by you and that you made it safely to and back from work despite slipping a bit. Glad there was no traffic you could have slid into yesterday!

Have a good Super Bowl weekend and I am rooting for your team the Broncos. :appl:

Jimmianne, yes tomatoes can be a trigger and I'm sorry they are for you too. That's why I rarely eat pizza. Cheese is also a trigger for me so pizza is really not a good food for me to eat though I love and miss it. I keep promising Greg we are going to go out for some great Brooklyn pizza and I was saving it for some of the NIRDIS when they come visit but probably Greg and I are going to get some on our own now. Though pizza is a trigger due to the cheese, tomato and bread. A triple whammy LOL. Chocolate also a trigger for me and I'm sorry you are in a similar situation. But I look at it this way. Once we know our triggers it is easier to control our symptoms and there are so many good foods that it isn't a big deal.

Have a great day girls. Woohoo tomorrow is the weekend. :wavey:

7-manhattan_400.jpg

manhattan.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1454677349|3987137 said:
Good morning girls. It is snowing and raining here right now. A mix. Hope everyone is safe and warm and still sleeping soundly.

Marcy, A Manhattan is made with whiskey, sweet vermouth, and bitters. My dh and I prefer ours with bourbon as the whiskey of choice and our favorite is Maker's Mark. Stirred over ice, strained into a chilled glass, garnished, and served straight up. The key is chilling the glass. Manhattan tastes sweet earthy and robust and it is strong. Some people have it over the rocks but our preference is always straight up. Sharing 2 pics below. I like it straight up in a very chilled martini glass.

I'm glad it is warming up by you and that you made it safely to and back from work despite slipping a bit. Glad there was no traffic you could have slid into yesterday!

Have a good Super Bowl weekend and I am rooting for your team the Broncos. :appl:

Jimmianne, yes tomatoes can be a trigger and I'm sorry they are for you too. That's why I rarely eat pizza. Cheese is also a trigger for me so pizza is really not a good food for me to eat though I love and miss it. I keep promising Greg we are going to go out for some great Brooklyn pizza and I was saving it for some of the NIRDIS when they come visit but probably Greg and I are going to get some on our own now. Though pizza is a trigger due to the cheese, tomato and bread. A triple whammy LOL. Chocolate also a trigger for me and I'm sorry you are in a similar situation. But I look at it this way. Once we know our triggers it is easier to control our symptoms and there are so many good foods that it isn't a big deal.

Have a great day girls. Woohoo tomorrow is the weekend. :wavey:

Thank you for the Manhattan! I also use Bourbon--Woodford Reserve, but will drink it with other whisky. Like an old fashioned. There are so many ways to make them!

I think I figured out Loupe the Troupe sign in! :wavey:

Hope your eye is getting better Missy. I did wake up with a patch of eczema after my bath--but who is to say it wouldn't have surfaced anyway. I spent much of my day off yesterday participating in webinars for my licence renewal--the ongoing education. Always something!

Marcy--no our winter thus far has been very very mild. If it were like this every year, I wouldn't complain! But we get a lot of wet heavy snow in the spring....so much of it comes late...but melts quickly as it is warm. Typical "foothills" weather....

TGIF NIRDIS!

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
NIRDIs,

Wanna hear something completely hilarious? I have just discovered how cool Pinterest is. I knew about it before, but never thought it would be useful to me. Now that I have developed this addiction to jewelry, it's the best thing ever.

You know how we get obsessed with stuff? I'm gonna end up texting you guys cause I'm having one of those days.

Hugs!
LLJ

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1454703779|3987337 said:
NIRDIs,

Wanna hear something completely hilarious? I have just discovered how cool Pinterest is. I knew about it before, but never thought it would be useful to me. Now that I have developed this addiction to jewelry, it's the best thing ever.

You know how we get obsessed with stuff? I'm gonna end up texting you guys cause I'm having one of those days.

Hugs!
LLJ

hugs!
have fun with endless & endlessly cool pinterest.
I've only dipped a toe - but it looks wonderful for bling.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, that manhattan looks and sounds good. Thank you for rooting for the Broncos. Did it quit snowing? Do you guys have much snow after March? Isn’t it awful we always want to eat the food that can cause us problems? How is your eye coming along?

Sharon, we had really nice weather in to November then it’s been 10-12 inches almost weekly. March and April are our snowiest months too but as you say it is warmer then so it melts fast. I know this region can sure use the moisture. Good luck with your license renewal.

LLJsmom, I went on Pinterest to look for Snoopy things. Once I couldn’t find a link to buy anything I saw I quit using it.

Jimmianne, what more could we ask for than a place to see lots of pretty jewelry?

The main roads are mostly dry now; only small patches of ice here and there but the side roads are still covered with about 10 inches of snow. Yay for German engineering.

We had crock pot roast for supper with mashed potatoes and veggies.

My team will definitely be expanding at work and we are taking more quite a bit more work. I was laughing today that at one point we were worried we’d run out of work to do. We will be busy.

I just rented Everest. It’s making me cold watching this. It looks like a good movie.

Tomorrow we are going to pick up snacks and stuff for pizza Sunday.

Have a great weekend. Go Broncos!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!
glasses_hand2.gif

Sharon, we also enjoy Woodford Reserve as much as Maker's in fact. One of our favorite restaurants actually stocks Woodford for Greg as his bourbon of choice so they always have it on hand when we get there. Before we started going there they didn't have any bourbon Greg enjoyed so the owner of the restaurant bought it and keeps it just for him.
thismuchistrue.gif

1899448obhhwxi0xs.gif

Yes ongoing CE can be a chore. Hope you are enjoying some of the lectures and that they prove more interesting than mine usually do lol. I hope your eczema patches cleared up. Thanks for asking about my eye.

Some of the swelling has diminished but my goodness now I can see the internal hordeolum bumps and they are huge. I am trying an eastern/western medicine cocktail and I am hoping it will help because I don't want to have to have this cut out. Fingers crossed. And you are so right. It is always something lately. I wish I realized how lucky I was in the first 4 decades of my life when life was less "exciting" and I wasn't always dealing with these frustrating health issues! Thank you all for asking.

LLJsmom, I am terrible at navigating around Pinterest. I also use it wrong lol.
oops.gif

Instead of inspiration pics I add different things but I'm rarely on it now. In the beginning I added lots of my pics but it was so confusing for me to use the site I stopped. If I could figure out how to navigate it better I would use it more. I do like to drool over certain vendors bling there however.
im%20in%20luuuurve.gif

I know you sent a request there but not sure how to retrieve it. Will try today.

Cannot wait for your latest bling purchase to arrive!
dance2.gif

and big (((hugs))) to you too! Wishing for good news for you in 2 weeks or less!
huggies.gif

Marcy, it's Super Bowl weekend woohoo! And your plans sound delicious. Pizza and snacks are perfect for watching the game.
pizza.gif

We are both expanding at work and I am not excited. Everything is changing there and what I loved about working there (my patients) will all be different so I am not sure if I will like it enough to stay. Time will tell and while I hope I still enjoy working there I have some doubts. It will be a very different clinic.

Yay for dry roads
1899459x1360o1ky8.gif

and yes I am relieved you have a safe car! We have some snow storms coming our way for next week. Is it too early for me to be singing my snow snow go away song?
east%20coast%20psers.gif

Did you enjoy Everest? I never saw it but if you recommend it I will check it out.

GO BRONCOS!
cheerleader1.gif

Jimmianne, thank you. I like adding the emoties for visual interest. Especially when I don't have fun photos to add. I am glad you enjoy them. What are your plans this weekend? Are you a Super Bowl fan? We don't watch the game but sometimes Greg might switch to it to get the score. Neither of us watch sports on tv unless you count figure skating (for me) or the Tour de France (for Greg).
How is your painting going?
1899435kruf363mvq.gif

Have a happy Saturday girls. (((HUGS))).
slider_grouphugg.gif

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya all!

Missy, I'm so sorry your eye problems are still continuing ;( I'm keeping you in my thoughts and hoping the new things you're trying eventually work. In your experience do these bumps usually go away with time? I hope it doesn't get to the point where you need surgery. Fingers crossed this resolves itself eventually. :pray:

Thank you for the virtual cocktail lol! Now I want a real one :bigsmile:

Sharon, I'm glad you enjoyed your bath and didn't have any major reactions to it - I'm a proponent of taking a warm bath, people seem to not want to bother but I think it's such an easy and simple way to pamper yourself a little and it's so relaxing. I take one sometimes before I go to bed and find it quiets my mind and helps me fall asleep. Sorry about your webinars, I'm sure they're not a lot of fun. :knockout: Hope you are having a good weekend so far!

Marcy, sounds like some changes are in store for you at work, I hope things go smoothly for you and your team. Reminds me of the saying "careful what you wish for…" lol. One good thing about being busy it it does help the time go by quickly. Super Bowl Sunday is almost here, we will be watching and rooting for the Broncos! :dance:

LLJsmom, looking forward to seeing your new purchase! Hope you are feeling ok and are able to relax a little this weekend (((hugs)))

Ok, guess I better get to the grocery store, will check in later!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results