carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1453773731|3981501 said:
Check out this story a friend sent me on large hail in California. Holy cow! That would hurt if it hit you.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Record-size-hail-bombards-Northern-California-6782844.php
this hail looks like weaponry!

Missy, it's good to see that the kitties well-survived the storm. What is up with those rescue folks?!
BTW, you look so good on that tractor : ) A gentlewoman farmer, as it were : )

It was almost 60 degrees here today, but amazingly, still icy in the shade. I am kitty-sitting in town today and tomorrow, and tomorrow get the last 7 "refining" Invisalign trays at my orthodontist's. [where the gals wear mucho bling and their first question is always - what's new?! LOL]
I have my pink asscher to show them, then I am hoping I can rest on my bling-laurels. I have enough, make that MORE than enough and this is a funky year for the stock market, so perhaps a good time to take a break from acqui-ring.

However - what would a person do if they won the trip to WF?!?! How could a person go there and not come home with something sparkly?

Back to reality...Let's hope the weather now calms down for everyone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, I bet those kitties are more resourceful than we can imagine. You are certainly their guardian angel putting food out for them. Thank you for rooting for the Broncos! They are underdogs but they do better that way. Marty did decide to apply for that job. I am excited for him. WF did indicate my rings my be ready to ship on the 27th so hopefully they do go out tomorrow. Thanks for the get well wishes. I am not worse today or better so hopefully I will start to get better soon. Being out in the hail and rain storm on your pick doesn’t sound like a lot of fun although I am sure you guys chuckle about it now. I remember finishing mowing the grass in a hail storm one time - I was drenched by the time I put the mower up but I did get the lawn finished. Ha! Does the temperature drop a lot when it rains there? Here it falls usually 30 - 40 degrees because our rain is really chilly. That is awful you had bruises for months from the hail. I knocked my UV flashlight off the shelf and it hit my bare foot. I said “that’s going to leave a mark” and when I took my shoes and socks off last night I have a “blue” toe now. That amused me. Great new pictures of the snow at the beach house.

Jimmianne, I keep thinking of your pretty spinel ring. Love that color. That hail does look like a weapon. So you are almost done with your Invisalign? Do you have to wear something at night then? Marty had permanent retainers put inside his mouth after they took his braces off. I didn’t pay attention to the stock market today. Was is still kind of in a dive? I am swearing off buying jewelry too but I am still planning how to do those sapphire upgrades I planned on doing when I bought my EC diamond. I know what you mean about winning the trip to WF. I’d definitely walk out of there with something new. Did you enter the contest? I can’t decide if I want to enter or not. I’d love to see that diamond. And to go shopping at WF. But it’s so soon and I am trying to save my days for that family vacation this summer. Glad you had nice weather today.

Callie, I am thinking of you and your family.

Not much new here. Work was busy late this afternoon but boring from about 11 to 3.

I had oven fries and a burger for supper with some raw veggies. Marty is home tomorrow so maybe I’ll eat better.

Take care.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, good luck today at the orthodontist. I bet the staff will be drooling over your beautiful new ring.How exciting you are almost finished with the invisalign. My bottom teeth are crooked and if I didn't have so much other medical stuff going on I would consider it but right now (and maybe forever) my motto is leave well enough alone. I will enjoy your lovely straight teeth instead. :appl:

Thank you for the compliment. I would love to be a gentlewoman farmer. With lots of farm hands around to help that is. :cheeky:

Wow almost 60 degrees. Bring it here baby. Cannot wait for the temps to warm up and stay there and neither can the kitties I bet. :appl:

Marcy, YAY for Marty and sending him lots of good luck for the new job offer! Collectively NIRDI dust cannot be beat you know.
fairy%20dust.gif

The temperature does not usually drop much when it rains here. Wow 30-40 degree temp drop is huge. We would freeze if we had that much of a drop when caught in our usual rainstorms.

Rings will return to you soon. Fingers crossed.

I am glad Marty returns home tomorrow. I bet those oven fries were yummy Marcy.

Thank you and all the girls for your good wishes for the feral kitties. They are working and thank you so much girls!!! Really appreciate that. They still have a lot of winter weather to get through so keep the good thoughts and wishes coming please. (((Hugs))).

Kristie, thank you for posting in my Equal Rights Amendment Thread. And thank you for opening my eyes about that. I guess most people have forgotten all about it just like I did seeing that nobody but you has responded to that thread. Oh well. I tried. I guess it is more exciting talking about unisex bathrooms and post counts LOL. I appreciate our conversation about it.

Callie, sending more (((hugs))). Hoping today is a better day. Love you.

LLJsmom, did your mom give up the AVR necklace for good? What is happening in the bling department?

Junie, hey there. Hope your week is going smoothly. :wavey:

Thinking of you Lucyloo and hoping you are doing well.

Have a good day girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, we might get near 50 but snow is moving in again this weekend. Boo! Thank you for the dust for Marty. I want to bug him “is your resume up to date?” but I’ll be quiet. During the summer we’ll be in the 90’s then a thunderstorm rolls through here and it’s in the 50’s or 60’s for awhile. Then the clouds move out, the sun comes back out and bam it’s hot again. I got my shipping notice so my rings will be here tomorrow. Marty was already home when I got home tonight. Poor guy picked up a few groceries when he got to town and one of them was a big jug of orange juice. It fell out of the back door of his truck when he opened it and broke all over the garage. Sending the feral kitties some staying safe and warm dust.

Our cleaning lady came today so I slept in about 30 minutes. Woo hoo! I ran home at lunch to pay her and lock up and then picked up window food for supper. I hate to mess up the kitchen after the cleaning lady shines everything up.

We got the rest of our order from Chef’s catalog today. I ordered a set of utensils that I think the handles are too thick so I think I’ll put them up for the white elephant exchange at Christmas. I can pick up some other kitchen stuff and a mix or two and have an instant gift.

My friend delivered a PB cupcake for us tonight. Her 7 year old daughter brought them to the door and said it was reverse trick or treat. Neither of us were that impressed with them. They were basic chocolate cupcakes (and dry at that) with a peanut butter frosting. I am not much of a frosting fan so I scraped most of that off. This cupcake place opened last week and now I’ve tried 2 flavors. I don’t think I’ll go out of my way to buy from them again.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, I am glad Marty is home! I am sorry about the orange juice mishap. What a mess. I recently dropped a glass jar (just slipped out of my fingers as these things tend to do) and it was such a hassle cleaning up. At least it happened outside the house for Marty but still what a mess I know. Thank goodness he didn't get hurt. That's always my first concern with flying glass especially for the my kitties who always run to see what the action is and want to go right up to it lol. OK just reread (see what reading first thing in the AM does for comprehension haha) and I don't think it was a glass jug. That is much better. And how sweet of Marty to go grocery shopping when he got home from his trip. :halo:

Dry peanut butter brownies don't sound very enticing but what a sweet gesture on your neighbor's part. That is really lovely. I am also not a fan of frosting. A reverse trick or treat sign me up!

Woohoo on sleeping in for a bit yesterday morning and for a clean house. I know just what you mean about not wanting to mess it up after it has just been cleaned. 8) And yay for the chefs catalog order and for your rings arriving tomorrow. :appl:

Boo to the snow arriving. We are getting some too tomorrow and the digging out part of basement project is taking longer this week so IDK what the men will do. They were supposed to be finished with the dig out today and then it has to cure for 28 days and then they come back to do the rest but now they have to work digging it out at least through Friday because of some complications (oh there are always complications aren't there ::) ) so we shall see. I want them done already so the basement can start curing and right now the estimated time of completion is mid to late March. Really want that to be true. And all the noise they are making is not good for the ferals but yay because they were all eating last night and at one time there were 4 kitties in the cage. Greg loves watching the live feed LOL. I get too nervous to really enjoy it so I don't usually watch it.

OK I hope the rest of you girls are doing OK. (((HUGS))). Callie I will be calling you today and you know we are all thinking of you and your brother and sending lots of good healing vibes his way. XOXO

Tomorrow is Friday! Have a good day everyone. :wavey:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone!

Missy, love the pic of you, Greg, and your friends enjoying the beautiful weather and the snow! It always feels good getting out after being indoors for a while. Love the pic of Harry, I know he is missed by everyone. I am SO thrilled to see the feral kitties making an appearance and eating at the station, woo-hoo!! :dance: :dance: :dance: They are looking good so they must be finding shelter somewhere. I'm encouraged that they managed to make it through such brutal conditions. Sweet little things, I wish it didn't have to be this way for them. It is so wonderful of you and Greg to go the extra mile and provide food for them, you are a major help to these kitties.

Also enjoyed seeing the pics of the basement reno, wow, it's a big undertaking - I guess with a big job like this there are bound to be complications and I hope the time to completion goes by quickly for you and Greg.

Marcy, I'm excited that Marty applied for the job, sending lots of positive thoughts and hoping things work out for the best for the both of you! I'm glad you're getting your rings back soon, I'll bet you missed having them and it will be great to have them back all sparkly and shiny. :clap: Sorry you have a bad cold, ugh, it makes getting through the day really hard - colds are tough, you're not sick enough to justify staying in bed all day but sick enough to feel really lousy as you drag yourself through the day. I hope you're feeling better really soon. Sorry the utensils didn't work out but I'm glad you have a use for them anyway. Glad to hear Marty is home! I hope things are going ok at work - you're in a tough position, trying to get good results from your employees and deal with your boss at the same time.

Jimmianne, hope all went well at the orthodontist! I'm sure the staff went gaga over your new ring, how could they not, it's fabulous! :love:

Callie, thinking of you and sending lots of love and good thoughts.

Kristie, hope you, Bob, and the furbabies are doing well.

Lucyloo, hope your recovery is going well and you're feeling ok.

Not much new on my end, same old stuff. Dh is leaving for Australia on Saturday to attend a business meeting, obviously a very long trip and he's traveling by himself and not looking forward to it at all.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday so far!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

How is everyone doing?

Missy, I bet it would be difficult to keep the kitties out of something you drop. Definitely don’t want to have them get cut. The OJ we buy is a plastic jug but he said the bottom busted off of it. I am definitely hungry for something good that is peanut butter and chocolate. I kind of doubt that cupcake business will stay open for long if that is their standard for the cupcakes. I hope they get the dig out done for the basement before it snows. By curing for 28 days is that after pouring the foundation? Yes construction rarely goes smoothly. We watched them build out house like a hawk. My dad would come by in the day, we’d come by at night. They had to redo a different layout for our fireplace and the entry way in to our den. They weren’t putting in heat vents in enough places so we had to request those. It was always something. March will be here before we know it and then you’ll have your basement. How exciting.

Junebug, I picked my rings up about 11 this morning. They are all polished so the gold looks new. I put them all in my purse because I didn’t want to leave them in my car. I don’t think I’ve had a cold for several years so I guess I was due. About 3:30 today I decided to eat some goldfish crackers because I thought the salt would be good for my throat. Bad idea since crackers are dry. I was coughing up a lung for a while. Not one of my brighter ideas. I do seem a bit better again today. I’ve decided to stick with what has worked best for my employees and I guess if my boss starts butting in I will just have to let him know “I’ve got this”. I think he is a glass half empty type of guy. How long will your husband be in Australia? That is a very long flight. Marty was almost going there but the client backed out of the deal.

Kristie, how is Finn and Maggie? Tell Bob we had some Freakshow with supper today.

LLJsmom, is your mom still wearing your pendant?

Jimmianne, is your DD still here? Is she doing well after her surgery?

Callie, thinking of you and your family. Sending lots of healing PS dust your brother’s way.

Marty turned in his application today. He has a 7 am our time call with his boss to discuss the position.

My day zipped by. I was watching the clock from about 5 am on so I got up early. I went to work early since I had errands to run during lunch. My rings were at FedEx to pick up and then I met a friend for lunch. She’s all worried we are going to move. It’s nice to know she’d miss me.

Marty cooked some little steaks on the grill for supper (woo hoo fewer dishes) and made rice and veggies to go with it.

We’ve got another storm coming Sunday. Yay more snow.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, congratulations on getting your rings back!
We certainly know how to torture ourselves LOL most people walk in the Mall, buy a ring and walk out happy.
Happy, that is until they find PS! :lol:
But the way we do bling makes our jewelry a gift that keeps on giving, an adventure, an obsession!
Are we going to get photos of your newly returned rings?

I am so happy for the three people who won the trip to WF! - three people [aside from US] that I would love to meet.
I entered the contest, then was terrified that I would win - only a week to find farm and house sitter! - but I would have done it.
I would love to hop on a plane and go to Texas overnight, but that probably is not going to happen.
I feel close to Andelain because she has one of my Mom's more flamboyant cocktail rings : ) and would love to see her in person, and of course Tyty who has been so kind, and DS!

I am still under a cloud from my grueling overseas trip combined with DD's health problems and the weather. Overcast days, ankle deep mud the norm for months now.
ugh ugh ugh
I can't remember if it feels like this every winter but I'm not comfortable with this level of being depressed. I suppose a part of our brain wants us to go to the cave to hibernate.

My DD is doing well. She is home until May because her DF is in school & working so much that she would be alone a lot in grey winter Dijon, so she is smartly waiting until beautiful Spring, after his finals, to go back. In France she cannot work and can only stay for a certain amount of time each year. Although she is making friends, it is still a very unstructured life in a big city and not a very supportive lifestyle. She needs a purpose there [aside from grocery shopping] to thrive.
Meanwhile she working and reconnecting with her friends here. The transition to France which sounded so magical at first is in reality difficult; hard work. I am glad to have her home even tho' she lives in town. I no longer take for granted that we can get together spontaneously for a coffee!

Sorry to hear about more snow coming to some of our NIRDIs.

Missy, I know you will be happy when the basement project is completed. These things always take longer than expected, but when it's done you and Greg will forget all the hassles and just enjoy that he has his space!
Meanwhile, you have all the good support here for getting through the hassles. :appl:
edit: around the construction here I used heavy duty magnets to pick up metal on-site. Something like this. I have a big one on wheels but I found swinging a smaller magnet on a rope over the ground worked better - and it's fun...like a treasure hunt.

http://www.amazon.com/Heavy-Duty-Retrieving-Holding-Eyebolt-Magnetic/dp/B000CP2PG0/ref=sr_1_4?s=hi&ie=UTF8&qid=1454071615&sr=1-4&keywords=heavy+magnets

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Junie, thank you for your lovely comments on the pics I posted. I enjoy posting them because I like sharing some parts of my days with you girls and really appreciate the time it takes for you to read and comment on what I have shared. You are such a sweetheart. One day I am going to give you a big hug in person. Just try to stop me. :bigsmile:

Today the men are pouring the concrete. Full curing takes 4 weeks. Completion of the chemical reaction. So fingers crossed it goes well today. They have encountered a couple of wrinkles but Greg is quite pleased with how they are handling everything and feels confident it is going well. Hoping he is right!

I am sorry your dh is leaving for Australia this Saturday though Australia is gorgeous it is not as much fun going alone and on business. I know it is a futile wish but I wish you could join him and have some vacation with him there. Even though I have never been there Australia is the one place I know I would love going to and maybe one day. In fact if we could relocate there (they won't have us though) I would consider it a good place to retire.

Have you guys been to the beach house lately? Are you planning on going at all this winter?

Marcy, I am sorry you are still dealing with this darn cold. Phooey. Yay for your rings being back where they belong!
Good luck to Marty with his phone call this morning and yay for the application being sent in already. Things are in motion and of course I am thinking good thoughts for you both.

I know your friend will miss you terribly if you move but these days it is very easy to keep in close contact via so many other avenues. I mean I feel close to you girls and we have never even met. There's always the (dreaded for me) Face Time and since you don't mind flying you can always see her on a long weekend or holiday. I know it's not exactly the same but it is easier to keep in touch with long distance friends these days. But yes it will be difficult moving away from close friends.

Jimmianne, sending you big (((Hugs))). I had a feeling something was off with you and I have been remiss in getting in touch to check in on you. I am sorry. The things to look forward to...longer days, sunnier days with warmer temps, your DD being near you for the next 4 months (YAY!!!), your DD having her health issues resolved and feeling stronger each day, and we are here for you no matter what. Don't forget that OK?

Yes I am looking forward to hearing all about the WF trip and that Esperanza diamond! I would have loved for you and Marcy to have been able to go (I know Callie and LLJsmom, Junie and Kristie could not have made the trip) and wish you had that opportunity but it will be nice to hear all about it from the PSers who are going. And think of it this way. At least you did not have to scramble last minute to find farm and animal sitters.

Thank you for the magnet link. I will share it with Greg. Men love their gadgets don't they. :bigsmile:

LLJsmom, I am sending bucket loads of good luck ***DUST*** your way!!! And big (((HUGS))) too!
fairy%20dust.gif

Callie, (((Hugs))) and more good thoughts for you and your brother.

Kristie, have a blast at the gem show this weekend woohoo! So excited for you and Bob. :appl:

Happy Friday everyone! It always gets here so fast so YAY for that. But of course so does Monday LOL but right now let's focus on having a great Friday and a happy weekend. Sending all you girls much love and many hugs. :kiss:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy.

One of my Christmas presents was a lovely notebook from Anthropologie that says on the cover "Never Lose Your Sense of Wonder" .
I think it would make an excellent place to write down daily gratitudes. I have heard that this is a very good way to stay connected to the positive aspects of life - even in dreary winter!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, bling is a nice obsession. A bit pricey but nice. I know my taste, quality and quantity of jewelry has gone up since I found PS. I hate to hear you are down. This time of year is rough because it is so grey and we all tend to stay indoors more. Ugh to putting up with mud for months. You can’t stay out of it either with your animals. Is it clay and just builds up on your shoes? I am so glad your DD is home now to spend time with you. I am sorry to hear her transition to life in France will be so challenging. I hope you two spend a lot of time together while she is here this spring. Yes, it would be fabulous to make the trip to WF next week. I would like to meet all of the ladies going. I like your idea of writing down daily gratitudes. There is a song I think it’s titled “I Hope You’ll Dance” that has that line about never losing your sense of wonder.

Missy, glad to hear Greg thinks the concrete is coming along well. I agree it is so easy to keep in contact these days. I really like to talk to Marty on FaceTime when he’s traveling. It’s nice to see that he is okay. How is that spot on your leg doing? I keep meaning to ask and then think of it when I am at work. It would be nice if a few of us NIRDIs could join in on the fun at WF next week. I’d love to see that diamond. Is it coming to NYC on it’s travels? I noticed Denver wasn’t on the list.

Kristie and I hope you and Bob have a blast at the gem show. Maybe we can make it down there for next years show.

I guess my 5 pointer band is my favorite because it wasn’t a question which ring I was going to wear today.

My cousin gave me a call about 4 pm today. He was in town and wanted to stop by to say hi. He came over and visited with Marty until I got home then we all went to supper. It was nice to see him.

I took an early lunch today - after I realized my debit card was expiring on Sunday. Apparently they mailed my replacement card to the address we moved away from over 20 years ago. WTH? So they had to replace my card and give me a new card number. The lady I talked to was at the reception desk and she was baking cookies in little toaster ovens. I naturally took a hot cookie with me on the way out the door.

Not much going on this weekend. Snow is moving in again on Sunday. Boo.

Marty was going to talk to his boss this morning about that job but his boss was out sick today. I guess the can talk Monday.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, that is a lovely gift and writing down everything you are grateful for is a wonderful way to realize how good things are in our lives. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Marcy, is it snowing by you now?
I'm sorry Marty's boss was out sick yesterday and that he has to wait till Monday now to talk about the new job but something to look forward to Monday.

How nice you had an unexpected visit from your cousin and that you all got to go out for dinner last night.

Thanks for asking about my leg Marcy. My dermatologist thinks I am allergic to the metal in my leg and that is the cause for the redness and swelling that occurs intermittently. Rarely does the incision ever look calm and white so I am living with it for now as it doesn't cause me any distress and if it stays like this I am OK as long as it doesn't get worse. I notice my flexibility in my ankle is good and I am so grateful to be walking without a limp. No complaints!

Drat about your debit card being mailed to the wrong (your old) address. Doesn't sound very confidence inspiring that the company made that kind of mistake. Speaking of cards someone tried charging a $2700 electronics charge to a store based in Milwaukee on my AmEx yesterday (online) and AmEx didn't allow it to go through (thank goodness) and called me to verify the charge.

So once again I am getting a new card mailed to me. Frustrating because I think this is the 3rd time in 2 years my AmEx number has been fraudulently used (and my 3rd card being mailed to me because of it) but thank goodness AmEx is on top of it and not once has the charge gone through. AmEx told me they use a sophisticated computer system to see what purchases make sense and what don't make sense for each customer and it seems to be working at least in my case.

But it is a hassle because I have to learn a new number and security # all over again. LOL I just like knowing my #s so I can easily plug them in to whatever online purchases I am making. I don't like the websites to keep my number for future use just to help prevent this kind of fraudulent act. But what good does it do me. I asked the representative I was talking to last night about finding who tried to do this and she said that she is starting an investigation. This is the first time they are doing that for me because the last 2 times they said it wasn't worth it but now I guess they are pissed. Haha. Me too! How dare a criminal try to use my card # :nono: and I wish I could have seen his or her face when AmEx turned them down flat! :appl:

Kristie I hope that you get some lovely goodies from the show this weekend. :appl:

Callie, I hope you enjoy Sunday. Doctor's orders! :appl:

Have a good Saturday girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, the snow is starting later today or tomorrow. We are expecting 8-12 inches. Joy! Two of Marty’s co-workers both asked him “so are we going to be working for you in a few weeks?”. Who knows, huh? Glad to hear your leg looks okay now. I knew your dermatologist said he thought you might be allergic to the metal; that really stinks. That is wonderful you can walk without a limp and your flexibility is good. That’s great American Express rejected that charge and called you about it. What a hassle though to have to change out cards. Marty’s business card had fraudulent charges in Brazil about a year after he’d been there. It was stuff like car parts, a car wash, etc so the card company rejected the charges and had to issue Marty a new card. My niece’s husband had someone steel his identity and ran up all sorts of charges on his credit cards. That was quite the ordeal for them to clean up. I guess our card companies won’t question jewelry purchases, huh? I hope American Express does pursue trying to identify who tried to make that purchase. If more people got caught and charged with fraud and theft maybe it would help stop some of this.

We got up about 7 and after we got around we went out for breakfast then did some shopping at Lowes, Simply Mac and Bed, Bath and Beyond. Marty even got me to go in to Lowes with him (good diamond light). We were looking at stools help me get in to the truck, a less bright night light and a filter for our fridge.

I scrubbed up some more of the spilled OJ in the garage. It is so cold out there nothing works very well and it’s way too cold to dig out the hose and wash out the garage. Marty used paper towels when it happened and got a lot of it but it went everywhere.

Have a wonderful weekend.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, no way will I stop you, in fact I will hug you right back! Yeah, it would have been nice to be able to go with dh and make a vacation out of it, but the timing just isn't good right now unfortunately. I'm hoping we can get to the beach for a long weekend sometime in March though.

I am so sorry to hear about all the aggravation with your amex card, what a major pain - but it's really good they caught all of these transactions in time. I'm really glad they're going to look into the situation, it's getting to be ridiculous and whoever is doing this really has to be stopped.

Glad to hear the basement project is moving along fairly well. Wow, I didn't realize a job like this involved curing for such a long period of time. Ah well, it will be great when it's all done, Greg will be so happy with the extra space so it's well worth it.

Marcy, glad to hear you have your bands back and that they look great! I think you have a good attitude about work - by now you know what's most effective with your employees, and if your boss butts in just let him know you are handling things. I feel annoyed for you right now, he should just give you some space and let you do your job. My husband will be home on Friday. He has a layover in Hong Kong and it will take him 30 hours to get there. It was very sweet of your friend to say she'll miss you. As missy said, it's so easy to keep in touch these days that I'm sure you'll still be able to remain friends. Sorry you're still dealing with your cold - the other bad thing about colds is they take forever to go away. Sorry to hear about the upcoming snow, you must be so tired of it by now! Too bad Marty's boss wasn't in, isn't that always the way?

Jimmianne, hugs to you my friend, I'm sorry to hear you are feeling so down. I do think this dreary winter weather is a factor, I know I am aching for the warmth of the sun and the feeling of a warm gentle breeze. And sometimes life can just be…a drag. Hang in there and try to find whatever little things will bring you some comfort. I'm so glad your dd will be home for a while, and I hope she is doing ok. It sounds like a very good decision for her to remain here rather than deal with a dreary winter in France by herself. We are here for you whenever you need a little company and support. (((hugs)))

Not a whole lot going on here (what a surprise haha!) - my son and I went out for a quick bite and my daughter came home today to go out with some friends. They're all heading out for a night on the town in Philly. I remember those days lol. (although they seem like a long, long time ago :knockout: ) I'm so old - I'm happy these days to stay home with a cup of tea and a good book!

Hope everyone is having a good weekend so far!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, I am on pins and needles re Marty's new possible job so please keep us posted. Sending lots of good luck dust and hope this is a great opportunity for you both.

I am guessing the snow has arrived and I hope it is lighter than predicted and that it doesn't cause any mess on the roads.
Sounds like you had a productive day yesterday and haha you are right. Am Ex won't be turning down any bling CC purchases that's for sure. 8)

Junie, glad the kids are well and enjoying being young. Philadelphia is a great city and I am glad you aren't too far from it so they can enjoy. I'm with you. A quiet evening at home is perfect for me. Just yesterday Greg said he would like to go out to eat and I said I would rather just be at home in the evening. LOL I'm so old. :cheeky: I promised him next week we are going to try out one of the top pizza restaurants right across the street from us. I will report back because I know some of the NIRDIs (Kristie yoo-hoo) love pizza and we all know this area has some of the best pizza around.

I'm not in a great mood this morning. Yesterday late morning my left eye starting bothering me but I couldn't find anything in the eye and the lid is now swollen and just not looking good. Red, puffy and I cannot figure it out despite being an eye care professional LOL. There is no localized bump (i.e. stye or chalzion) that I can see and no discharge or anything besides the lid swelling and of course discomfort. The feeling of having an eyelash in my eye every time I blink. Sigh. Why is it always something? Tomorrow AM we have a dentist appointment and if my eye is still swollen I have to figure out who to go to as Tom is away and my other friend who has a practice in the city is a real pain in the you know what so I would so prefer not to see him because his practice is super busy and he does put money above all else. I know he doesn't sound like a good friend but this is him. Anyway I just wish this new problem would go away please!

Have a good Sunday girls and a special shout out to Callie. I hope you enjoy today with your friend sweetheart. You deserve it. (((Hugs))).

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no missy, so sorry about your eye - I really hate these random things that seem to pop up for no apparent reason :wall: and eye issues are so annoying and worrying. I'm hoping very strongly that this issue goes away as mysteriously as it appeared. :pray:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Junie. I am sitting here with a warm compress over the eye. Looks terrible. I am seeing a colleague tomorrow. Why is it everything I get is unique and different. It's not a stye, it's not a conjunctivitis...I sure hope it isn't a preseptal cellulitis sigh...at this point it's a mystery... LOL no garden variety eye infection for me. :((

Hope you are having a good Sunday! It is beautiful outside. We just got back after a lovely long walk and hanging out with the rescue kitties. They have the sweetest grey female kitty today and I was hoping Greg would fall in love with her after they let him hold her and also was hoping I would get the sympathy factor from him and he would say yes. No such luck. He holds fast. :cry:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1454274412|3984774 said:
Thanks Junie. I am sitting here with a warm compress over the eye. Looks terrible. I am seeing a colleague tomorrow. Why is it everything I get is unique and different. It's not a stye, it's not a conjunctivitis...I sure hope it isn't a preseptal cellulitis sigh...at this point it's a mystery... LOL no garden variety eye infection for me. :((

Hope you are having a good Sunday! It is beautiful outside. We just got back after a lovely long walk and hanging out with the rescue kitties. They have the sweetest grey female kitty today and I was hoping Greg would fall in love with her after they let him hold her and also was hoping I would get the sympathy factor from him and he would say yes. No such luck. He holds fast. :cry:

Oh Missy--I hope you wake up tomorrow and your eye problem is gone! Grey kitties are certainly medicinal :love: --healing vibes your way!

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww thank you sweet Sharon. I so appreciate your healing vibes and good wishes.
Unfortunately I am pretty sure this won't be gone by tomorrow as it seems to be getting more and more swollen and my palpebral aperture is getting smaller. Worried about preseptal leading to orbital cellulitis. I'm probably going to need oral antibiotics. I will see how it looks tomorrow but I feel better reading your and Junie's kind posts.
(((Hugs))).

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I had to look up everything having to do with the eye situation and the photos of what can happen are alarming.
I hope you get antibiotics right away tomorrow if that turns out to be the way to go.
I'm glad you are an eye specialist! Take care and let us know what's going on. I hope it does not worsen. Please report in often!
[[[hugs]]]

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Jimmianne! (((Hugs))) back.
I am feeling hot right now and just need to quiet my mind. I will keep you posted and I hope you have a good night. XOXO to all you girls.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Junebug, good idea to try and plan a trip to the beach house in March. That would be a nice time to go. Your husband will have several long days getting to Australia and back. Does he travel quite a bit? 30 hours to HK is such a long time to be traveling and then he’s got about 12 - 14 hours to get to the states. Marty loves that place. He worked there quite a bit on his last job. You are right about colds lasting a long time. I swear it is getting worse again. Yes, I am sick of snow already this winter. Sadly we have over 3 more months of it coming our way. Glad to hear you got to spend some time with your son and daughter this weekend. I like having quiet time with a good book.

Missy, oh no about your eye! I am glad you are seeing a colleague tomorrow. I hope it is doing better and healing PS dust coming your way. Our credit card company called one time because we made 2 jewelry purchases in one day - jewelry for me and a watch for Marty. Too funny. That is nice to have a great pizza place nearby. We try to eat out once a week and that is for 2 reasons - 1 night of no dishes and Marty gets stir crazy being home all the time.

Hi Jimmianne and Sharon!

I have been productive today as well. I have to go back to work to relax. I was at the grocery store before 9 and then started a pot of homemade soup for lunch/supper. I brewed up some cornbread muffins to go with it. I thought hot soup would be good for our colds. I also got my February newsletter done and did laundry.

Marty keeps telling me he doesn’t like me when he sneezes. I keep saying I love you honey. He doesn’t appreciate me giving him my cold. Of course I told him I didn’t give my cold to him; I’ve still got it. I had 2 coughing attacks while sleeping last night. Ppppppfffftttttzzzz to that.

Marty went to have a few drinks with his golf buddy last night so I made myself a little bowl of popcorn and rented The Intern to watch. It was pretty good. Millennials learning some things from the older traditional generation.

I am starting to feel Accu weather is threatening me. I keep getting weather alerts on my phone warning me about what I can see out my front door - flakes piling up everywhere. Stupid snow.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Just checking in on everyone. I've been reading about your daily challenges, frozen orange juice, possible eye infection, DH job situations, illness. Each is challenging in it's own right and context, don't you think? I'm grateful there is no judgement here. That HOA thread scared me away. My brain is too challenged. Can't we all just get along??? So I'm out. I am proud I tried though. :)

I hope you guys are all doing better.

Marcy, good luck getting all that orange juice off. Something like that would stress me out b/c I'd be worried rodents and pests would try to get to the sticky sweetness. Hope things will go smoothly with Marty's job situation. Truly.

Missy, I hope your leg has a good day tomorrow. I guess you have to take it day by day. I know that is super challenging, mentally and emotionally. Does it bother you if I tell you that you are in my prayers?

Jimmianne, I hope your daughter is feeling better. It is a wonderful thing that she is close by now and that you can go and take care of her when you want. Smart girl to come back for a while. I think getting adjusted to living in France when you cannot work would be very challenging. I'm not sure I could do it. Well, maybe if I had money to burn, I would make shopping my job.

June and Kristie - I don't know too much about your lives right now. I hope you are doing well. Kristie, hope the gem show was lots of fun.

Callie, I'm praying for you and your family too. I hope your brother is showing improvement. The bachelor is on tomorrow. You can veg out for a couple of hours on that. :)

Hi Sharon! :wavey:

Generally, do you guys mind if I say that I am praying for you? I won't if you do. I am not that comfortable telling people I am a practicing Christian because I don't want to make people uncomfortable. But when I hear about the things you girls are going through, in my heart it's the first thing that pops into my mind. So if I am being honest, that is what I am feeling. But no prob though if you prefer not.

You guys generally know what is going on with me. I'll be trying to figure out the best way to commute to work this b/c superbowl city has taken over my driving route to the office. I may need to take public transportation. Ugh! Which means the commute will take longer. But the good news is that I get to do Sudoku on the way there and back. Seriously, that game has been so good for me. It's been great at distracting me. Sigh... Sorry I don't share much about my life. There isn't much to talk about. It's just depressing... I think that is the way it is with me. If something depresses me and I am not having a breakdown, I just don't want to talk about it.

Have a great week NIRDIs! (((hugs))) everyone!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, trust me that is why I worked on the OJ spill some more because I worry about attracting bugs or mice. I might try a spray bottle of soapy water if it ever warms up. I bet the Super Bowl activities will clog up a lot of traffic and places for the next week. We have an annual rodeo here that attracts usually over 100,000 visitors during the 8 days and this modest town is crazy busy then. Of course I am talking my 20 minute commute might take me 30 minutes and I might actually have to wait 30 minutes to get a table in a restaurant but that's unusual for Wyoming. I of course watched the Denver news tonight watching the Broncos plane take off from DIA and land in San Francisco. I am so excited. This weekend every time I saw someone with some sort of Broncos clothing I said "Go Broncos". Marty just chuckled at me every time I did it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJsmom, it does not bother me at all when you say we are in your prayers. In fact it makes me feel comforted. I am not religious per se but spiritual and I believe in a higher being and I believe in the power of prayers. And even if I didn't the fact that you care enough to keep us in your prayers means a lot to me so keep on praying for us and I will continue to keep you girls in my prayers too. You know I am keeping you and your dh and your whole family in my prayers and sending good vibes your way. (((HUGS))).

And yes that HOA thread is exhausting. I haven't yet checked in on it as I just woke up.

I am scared now because my eye is worse and the swelling has spread to the side of my nose and now it hurts even if I am not blinking. Just called to leave a message on the UEC's voice mail as I don't have a formal appointment today and my colleague said to leave a message because without an appointment they won't let you into the clinic. They have very tight security.

Marcy, thanks for the good thoughts. I'm sorry Marty caught your cold. Are you feeling all better I hope? LOL on Accuweather stalking and threatening you. I hope it has stopped snowing and that your commute isn't challenging. I love cornbread muffins.

Have a good day girls.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, what did you find out about your eye? How are you doing?

Silly me decided to drive to work today. It was icy, icy and did I mention icy? I didn’t have any trouble but I was sure nervous. Coming home was even more fun. Drifts everywhere and still lots of ice. Marty had to dig out the driveway so I could get in to the garage. Our front porch is snowed in completely. It is going to snow through about noon tomorrow. I am having Marty take me in to work in the morning. I have no idea how much snow we’ve had because it is coming down sideways and drifting.

I was pretty bored at work today. Monday is my lightest work load and my boss and his boss left for a business trip (if they ever made it on the plane out of DIA I don’t know) so I watched TV for awhile. I enjoyed one of my favorite movies - Gross Pointe Blank. Then I did my afternoon reports.

Have a great week.

Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thinking of you and hoping you get an answer to what's going on so that treatment can start right away - also hoping you caught this soon enough so that it clears up fairly quickly. So sorry this sprang up on you :(sad (((hugs)))

And too bad the sympathy card didn't work on Greg! I love gray kitties :love:

Marcy, I think the flight to HK was about 15 hours, then a layover, and then a 7 and a half hour flight to Perth! He said he slept a lot on the flights so was feeling ok when I talked to him. Yes, he has always traveled a lot for his work but more so in the past 10 years. Sounds like you had a busy weekend, going back to work was probably a break lol. Too bad Marty got your cold, but we know you didn't give it to him on purpose ha!

LLJsmom, good to hear from you! I definitely don't mind prayers, in fact I appreciate them and can use them these days! Unfortunately there's really nothing new going on with me, still spending a lot of the week at my mother's and then on days I'm home it's usually just catching up on housework and errands. Woo-hoo. I wish I had more to share ;( I forgot you're in the Superbowl area! Sounds like it's going to cause some traffic problems, good luck with it and I'm glad it at least gives you a chance to play Suduko :clap:

Hi to Jimmianne, kristie, lucyloo, and Sharon!

See you all tomorrow!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Groundhog's Day!!! This is one of our favorite holidays. And for the first time ever I forgot it was Groundhog's day and Greg reminded me. I guess there is only so much I can remember these days with everything on my mind. But anyway love the groundhogs. So cute. :love:

Marcy and Junie, thanks for checking in and also thanks to Jimmianne, LLJsmom, Callie , Sharon,and Kristie.
And anyone I left out. I'm not operating at full capacity so I apologize if I left anyone out.

As some of you know I have been diagnosed (most likely) with a double hordeolum. My lid was too swollen for my colleague to double evert it which made it difficult to see the distinct hordeola and instead all that could be seen was generalized edema over my entire left lid. So most likely it is that. One of the differentials is lid angioedema but we are both fairly certain it is not that though it is a bit itchy. We have to prevent it from becoming a cellulitis and to that end I decided to start the oral antibiotics. I was on the fence about that but decided this AM when my other (right) eye which is not yet affected started bothering me. Please don't let my right eye become affected that would truly suck. :knockout:
I am grateful it is not a cellulitis but it is a pretty severe case and the fact that 2 hordeola are infected is not good but it could have been worse. So happy about that.

I am now on oral antibiotics, tobradex eye drops and warm compresses as often as I can throughout the day. Which is not a problem now but tomorrow and Thursday if I go to work it will be impossible to do the warm compresses. In the old days I would never have considered taking off work for this but I have to decide what is best because if I don't attack this with hot compresses every hour as much as I can it will become recalcitrant. It is a pretty severe double hordeola infection. However I feel like I am hardly working as it is and if I take off there is no place to put my patients as the only days my room is available is Wed/Thurs as we have a huge shortage of space at the clinic right now. Though we are expanding and double the rooms should be available in a few months so woohoo to that.

Just want to add that I know it has been something every month, every week and I am fed up with it already. Also exhausted emotionally and so sorry to come here and vent and moan etc. It's just my safe place to get it out and then move on with my life and make the best of it. But just so you know it does not escape me that it is always something with me since 2014 and it is ridiculous. But I appreciate you girls listening and offering advice and comfort and just being here for me. I wanted to say that and also explain that I get the lunacy of this constant "stuff" happening. I know that's how life goes sometimes and thank you for making me always feel better and allowing me to get over myself and move forward. (((HUGS))).

Marcy, You had a very busy very constructive weekend. It always feels good when you accomplish a good amount of chores/stuff you want to do. I am glad you had a not too stressful Monday and that is a good movie. I hope today is an easier and less icy snowy commute. Please take it slowly and be careful. I hope today is as smooth a day as yesterday was for you. What's for dinner tonight?

Junie, gray kitties are the best I agree. That and the orange sweeties. So smart and so loving. Heck who am I kidding I love them all. What a long flight your dh endured and I hope he is at his destination and that the work project goes smoothly and efficiently and that he is back home with you before you know it.

Callie, I will text you today and maybe call you and Kristie on a conference call. I'm very tired so not sure I am up to a long call but do want to see how the last 2 days went for you. I hope you had a good time and I also hope there has been much improvement with your brother.

Kristie, glad you had a great trip. We missed you and cannot wait to hear all the details and the gems you found.

Jimmianne, thank you for the diet tips re eczema. I read them to Greg and he will explore it further. I think I eat that way anyway and bland is my food staple for many years lately due to all the health issues. It was challenging at first but if I could break the dairy/wheat habit anyone can. I don't even miss bread or ice cream (that) much so there you go. Sugar was the tough part but I think I do pretty good but I am not perfect. Anyway perfect is the enemy of good.

LLJsmom, thanks and hugs and hope you have a good day today.

Have a happy Groundhog's Day!

groundhogday.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Groundhog Day!
Perhaps a reason to watch "Groundhog Day"!?
Such a beautiful movie.

Missy, I am glad you decided to take the antibiotic, & even though I know you have reasons for NOT doing that... given the fact that your other eye is potentially involved...

Marcy, I hope you are taking a snow day today...yes?

June, I suppose in a way it is good that there is nothing new, but I know what you mean.

random comment:
I am still trying to figure out what to do with my asscher. It has turned out to be the diamond I wear most often. I hate to reset as the SK setting was a bit of money [what planet was I on when I needed that?]. Last week I saw some TIffany sommerset rings on eBay and had an "aha!" My stone fits almost perfectly in the gap over the diamond "bridge".
I don't think this is the perfect solution [too much "tall" on that finger], but it has given me thoughts. I have a 0.30 narrow emerald cut diamond that is the exact length of my asscher, so maybe that stone could be the little "bridge" the asscher sits on. Ideas welcomed! I have gotten used to the size and no longer wish it were larger, and I like the plain setting, but do not like that it does not sit flush in a stack. It's good to have some nonsense to think about : ) LOL
img_2778.jpg

Anyone going to/been to the Tuscon gem show?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
correction - I meant TIffany ATLAS!

Hope everyone is doing well - pretty quiet here on NIRDI today.

Just back from town, tweaking the art show [it looks great!] and meeting my DD there to lend her $$ until she gets her paycheck. That is what Moms are for. : )
Now the weather is getting grey again - back to hibernation perhaps, but at least yesterday was out-of-this-world gorgeous.

:wavey: to ALL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results