shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greg made the cranberry sauce fresh so not prepackaged. It was delicious. OK just waiting for the dessert pics to load. It is a pain with the iPhone as with my Samsung it all went right to photo bucket where I could dowload here. Now I have to take each pic and email it to me and then download on my computer and for a tech challenged individual such as myself it takes so long. Especially because my computer is acting up and taking forever lately with the pics. Oy still waiting. TAP TAP TAP... :whistle:

img_9942.jpg

img_9943.jpg

img_9944.jpg

img_9945.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK onto people pics. Just a few. And for those who missed it there are a few posts on the previous page from me and Marcy and Jimmianne. Posting so many pics a new page was started. :wink2:

I have lots of videos of my gymnast nieces. Very impressive. Cartwheels, backflips and even pull ups from Greg's back (poor Uncle Greg lol) but I will spare you anymore pics because I posted more than enough LOL.

We are exhausted but leaving right now to go cycling. We came to the beach house early this morning (I got about 4 hours sleep and that was interrupted and Greg didn't fare much better) so we could get some cycling in today as tomorrow and Sunday do not look like good cycling weather. Believe it or not Greg has a work conference call at 4PM today (office is closed however as we all know when business calls and all that jazz) so off we go. Have a good afternoon and hope to hear about everyone's Thanksgiving adventures.

Marcy, I LOVE your new collages! Thank you so much!

gregandalexathanksgiving2015.jpg

thanksgiving2015alexaandbethany.jpg

momanddadthanksgiving2015.jpg

alexashowinghermuscle.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK 3 more. Sorry about all the sideways pics and I normally would spend a long time trying to figure out how to fix it but I am just too tired to do that now. I probably wouldn't be able to fix it anyway. If you're interested just turn your computer 90 degrees and it should be viewable. Sorry!

tommysohungrythatheisdaringtocomeoutwhencompanyishere.jpg

alexaandbethanyclimbingthestatue.jpg

cartwheelinmoiton.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, straight up or sideways, you have a beautiful family.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls. I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Missy, What beautiful pictures of your family! By the looks of it, everyone had a wonderful time. I'm glad you are feeling better. Wish I knew what brings on these crazy allergy attacks. After we left my moms last night we shopping for baby clothes. So much fun to buy cute outfits for the little pumpkin. While shopping I realized I left my ring on my mom's countertop. After trying to remain calm I decided we needed to go back and get it. Mom had tossed it in a dish. I had visions of it being thrown out. My husband wasn't too thrilled about spending the next hour in the car but said he didn't want me out driving that late by myself.

Jimmianne, You can shop for me anytime. Those earring are beautiful! DId you have a nice day with your daughter? Did you also see your son? I wanted to let you know my husband is also going to be making a trip overseas. He wanted me to tell you that it is probably one of the safest times to travel with security being stepped up after the attacks. He doesn't seem concerned at all. I hope you are feeling more comfortable about traveling.

Kristie, Did you breakdown and buy anything? I wish I was going to H. Moradi with you. My husband said if we were there, you and I could go shopping. He said he would take Bob to George's on the Cove! Moradi's makes my husband uneasy. He said nothing strikes more fear in him than watching a jeweler hand over multiple 5 carat diamonds to try on. How long is Bob good with being in a jewelery store?

Marcy, I hope you had a great Thsnksgiving. I take it the weather was not cooperating very nicely. They only reason I was trying to get Kristie to not purchase something is I know how badly she really wants a large OEC.

Junebug, I hope you have enjoyed staying at home recently. It must be nice knowing you didn't have to make the drive to your moms. Did you spend Thanksgiving with both your brothers? Is your sister still staying with your mom?

LLJsmom, I hope your husband is doing well with his recovery. Is your dad feeling better? How was your thanksgiving?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! Happy Black Friday!

Jimmianne, your Thanksgiving dinner sounds wonderful. I can’t say I’ve ever sat out under the stars on Thanksgiving but last year is the only time I’ve been out of Wyoming for that holiday and I know it was warm enough in Arizona. I am glad you like the collages. I bought that app about 6 years ago and have really enjoyed it. Did you get the rose cut band today? Do you like it?

Missy, I love all of your photos. Dinner looks delicious. Your nieces are adorable. I love seeing your family photos. Nice family! There is a direction to hold your phone to get pictures upright but I never remember which way that is. Rats. Those PB chocolate bars look divine by the way. If you install tapatalk on your phone and or iPad you can load pictures that way pretty easily. Glad you can get in a ride this weekend.

Calliecake, OMG your ring story is scary. I sometimes soak my rings in a bowl on the counter in the kitchen and I always put a paper towel over it so I know it’s something “different”. I don’t have to worry about Marty doing dishes but still you never know. I am sure your DH is right about beefed up security traveling overseas right now.

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and are having fun shopping or avoiding shopping today.

Marty is making us chicken fettuccine Alfredo for supper. Mm. I took my food allergy medicine.

We are still getting snow, have icy roads and very cold here so I've been adding to Black Friday sales online. We are going to have packages arriving for weeks.

Marty wants a PS4 and some new game he wants to play. I'd rather have some upgraded sapphires but I know I've spent way too much money on jewelry already this year so I told him he has an option - we can upgrade a sapphire or two or he can get me a new iPad Mini. My other one is about 2 years old and very short on memory. I have to delete photos and apps to get something new. I don't need either the iPad or sapphires but that's what I want.

Marty ventured to the gym and picked up groceries. He said parking lots are solid ice so I am content to stay home while I can.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey there everyone!

Missy, love the pics of the delicious food and your family! It looks like Greg outdid himself this year. Your nieces are SO cute! And I love the pic of your parents, they are such a great looking couple. I'm really glad you had such a good day. Thanks for sharing the pics, I always love seeing them.

And I hope you and Greg were able to get in a good ride! I'm hoping tomorrow turns out to be ok weather-wise and you can get some more cycling in.

Marcy, your Thanksgiving sounds like it was very relaxing and a perfect way to spend the day! I'm glad you guys didn't venture out in that bad weather, and it sounds like fun to just hang out at home, especially when the weather is so cold and nasty. Good for you for getting started on your Christmas shopping, I need to at least start thinking about what to get dh. We usually buy our own presents and I wrap them up and we act surprised in front of the kids on Christmas morning haha, but I like to get him a thing or two he isn't expecting (if I can think of something lol).

Jimmianne, dinner with your dd sounds like it was a lot of fun! And pumpkin pie and wine are the perfect things to end a perfect day. Wow, I'm impressed by how well your dd is progressing with French; it will definitely be helpful on your trip. Can't wait to hear what you think about the rose cut band.

Kristie, hope you're having a wonderful time!

LLJsmom, what did you do for Thanksgiving? Hope your dh is recuperating and doing well.

Callie, I don't blame you for going back for your ring, I would have done exactly the same thing! It just feels weird and worrisome not to have it. It must have been so much fun shopping for baby clothes, they are so cute. My oldest brother lives in California but my other brother stayed at my house for Thanksgiving. Yes, it was pretty sweet to be able to spend some time at home! My sister left my mother's today so my brother headed home. And you are right about keeping kristie on the straight and narrow so she can buy her big OEC! I will be good and not enable her…although she might have broken down and bought something on her trip anyway haha!

Thanksgiving turned out to be a nice day, my brother and bil were here and we had a good time. Of course I ate too much, and I didn't do too badly today either with the leftovers, yikes. I'll try to get back on track tomorrow but I might not succeed lol. Today dh went golfing with some buddies and I watched my daughter spray paint a cabinet she bought at Good Will. Tomorrow I'm putting up the tree, only because it's a new one and I'm excited to see how it looks!

Glad everyone had a lovely Thanksgiving and I will see you all tomorrow!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I would have gone back for the ring too! Too worrisome to relax while out knowing it might get tossed.
I'm glad about what your husband said. Where is he traveling?

My ring arrived yesterday from England in an adorable tiny octagonal leather ring box with a note "warm regards". At first I was sorry I got it - but an 18% restocking fee & shipping costs made me look to the positive side. It's quite tiny - for a PSer ring - but it's pretty. The more I look at it the more I like it. I think it will add a bit of je ne sais quoi to top a stack, so I've embraced it into my dear "flock" of rings [what WOULD be a good word for that??}
s-l1600-1.jpg

You are right about feeling ambivalent over rose-cuts . I am enjoying seeing the rose cuts IRL, but probably would not be happy to invest in a big one. One of my loves for diamonds is the particular luster of the surface, which I think the rose cut displays well. Other than that, meh-ish.

Loved seeing NIRDI dinners. Oh that I had taken a photo of my grilled salmon on cheese grits [it must be a Southern thing lol] to share with you.LOL Some of Greg's cranberry sauce would have completed the meal.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone's list for Santa this year. What is at the top of your list - after world peace? : )

edit: I want to add that I now have my rental car, train tickets for return to CDG
and three hotel reservations. The entire trip is booked! The car is an automatic so my dd can do some driving, and two of the "hotels" are B&Bs that look pretty cool in the photos.
So...now I have a [so far] mild upper respiratory bug [of course :roll: ], and planning to take it easy until next Friday. Psyched!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Thank you Jimmianne, that is the kindest thing to say. ((HUGS)). I am so glad you are all set now for your trip woohoo!!! And I am sending get well quick vibes your way. Good idea to relax and take it easy, rest and heal so you are back to your strong healthy self for next Friday. I think that rose cut ring is very sweet and a perfect rose cut purchase. Well done girlfriend and I am so relieved you didn't drop big $$$ on that other ring you were considering. This is the perfect rose cut purchase IMO. It's lovely.

Callie, thank you and whew what a relief you got your ring back safely and in one piece. Yes I would have done the same thing and turned right around to retrieve it. Really that could happen to any one of us. I always take my rings off when I wash my hands (many times a day) and then moisturize before putting them back on so yes I could see that happening especially as I get more and more forgetful. Glad this story had a happy ending! And I cannot believe you got some Thanksgiving night shopping in too and had fun. OMG you are braver than I am.

I hope your dh's business trip is short and that he returns home to you soon. Where is he going this time? Anyplace tempting for you to join him?

Marcy, your roads sound treacherous and staying in until they are less so is a great idea. I vote for a new iPad and sapphires. :devil:
Thanks for the tapatalk suggestion. I have heard that word before but have no clue what that is. I am hopeless at change and technology but I do my best and will explore that suggestion when I have the energy to be frustrated LOL.

Junie, I am so happy you had a lovely time with your family on Thanksgiving and that everyone got along well. And I feel you with the eating too much. OMG we are eating way too much and have too many leftovers so will be eating this way for at least the whole week. :o We forgot to hand out all the leftovers and just keep some for ourselves so instead we have tons of leftovers. And I am enjoying every second eating it but feel stuffed (haha stuffing) during and after and well I am resigned to just enjoying it and getting back to healthy eating in January. No use in fighting it. :lickout: Next week is Hanukkah so there is more fattening food to eat and my mom is cooking up a storm. Sigh. There is just no winning this month and next with the calories. ::)

We had a great bike ride yesterday thanks for asking and we are now up to 4,130 miles for the year. Looks like the rest of this weekend is a wash as there is a chance of rain and no sun so too cold for bicycling enjoyably and Greg wants to start on the new cat shelter anyway as that will take him some time. So my exciting plans for the day is to work out and allow Greg to work on the cat shelter and then go to Costco. Yes I know my exciting life never lets up. LOL. :bigsmile:

Kristie, I am thinking of sweet Finn and hoping he is feeling much better today. Please let me know OK? (((HUGS))).

LLJsmom, hope you are enjoying your long weekend and time with your family and that everyone is doing well.

Have a good Saturday girls. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Forgot to mention I had an interesting (weird) dream last night. I was with an old friend of mine who was going to propose to his girlfriend and he asked for my help in finding an engagement ring. LOL I took him to GOG despite the fact I have never visited them and in my dream I had no clue what type of ER or diamond he wanted. :lol: I guess we can say that PS has invaded my dreams as well as my waking life. OMG. I woke up before we found the perfect ring however as GOG didn't have it. Oh well, now I guess a visit to GOG is warranted IRL so at least I can say I have been there not only in my dreams. :bigsmile:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to post this last pic. Urban life. Maximizing storage and space every way we can. Notice the bikes on the wall in our Brooklyn home in Greg's home office. This is urban living.

Eta cannot get anything right side up. Marcy sorry!

_925.jpeg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls, looks like you all had a great Thanksgiving!

MIssy, your family pics are the best. Your nieces are just the most beautiful girls. Truly. Congrats on getting in a nice ride. Nothing beats it! I think I saw the peanut butter with chocolate bars. OMG...

Jimmianne, so awesome that everything is booked, and all is ready to go. You and your DD can bond and chat during the drive. I think the rose cut ring a cute and perfect. I think you'll really enjoy wearing it. It's very unique.

Junebug, sometimes a mellow time with the people you love is all you can ask for, right? Easy and peaceful. I appreciate that more and more.

Callie, PHEW... I've done that before. Off come the rings before washing dishes, and my mom finds them later between the fruit baskets and God only knows where. Glad they are safely on your fingers now.

Marcy, icy conditions? Staying indoors sounds like the best option. Black friday is just great online. I totally agree. I can't believe how lazy I am, so it totally works for me. OMG.

Kristie, LOL!! You crack me up. Yeah, when Bob is beating you (annoying), you gotta get out there and get your steps, if for no other reason. Hope you guys had a great, and relaxing Thanksgiving. And good for you for NOT caving. Focus on that OEC. NYC. OWD...

Thanksgiving at my in-laws was easy, and casual. Good enough for me. My cousin made a great pear pie. I'm a huge fan of pears, so I took home a quarter of the second pie, and at it all by myself last night. Felt GREAT!! Did yoga on Thanksgiving morning. That was great too. Haven't done Bikram for a while. Yesterday, my wonderful 13 year old son paced me for 6 miles. I've been having trouble staying around a steady pace of 8:23. I can stay at around 8:40 or 8:05, but the in between is where my breathing needs work. He did an awesome job, and got us up a tough hill where we kept it up. We finished at an average of 8:24, and my breathing was steady pretty much the whole way. It was great. I can't believe he is taller than me, but I felt totally safe running with him on the relatively empty trail in the morning. He ran a great 5K the day before and placed third in his age group, but two younger girls beat him. LOL!!! Girl power!! It's hard to watch them grow up. While we were running, he was talking about how beautiful the University of Virginia was, which he visited when he went to DC. I am scared to say but I can see him going away further for college. He's got an adventurous spirit, a try anything kinda guy. Oh dear, how can I stand it?? I'm gonna miss him, but I would also be so happy for him, that he's venturing out there and enjoying and experiencing life. Sorry, had a "my baby is growing up!!!" panic moment. Thanks for just letting me have my freak out moment.

DH is doing better. The doctor is happy with how the skin is healing. There is still a bit of swelling, but I think I notice it more b/c the rest of the area is swelling less. He is in better spirits.

Happy Thanksgiving girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm did you say pears? I'm a huge fan of pears too LLJSmom. :love: :cheeky:
Oh wait, you mean the fruit. Ok. My thoughts go right to diamonds hehe. :lol:

So happy your dh is healing well and feeling better! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you definitely have bling on your mind. When you mix it up with food, that is some REAL obsession. :lol: And you dream it. You've got to get out there...GOG... and take lots of pics for us.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, Thank you all so much for understanding my panic about my ring! I thought my husband thought I was nuts. We are seeing my parents today so I was expecting him to give me a hard time about spending another hour in the car. I especially felt bad because he went out looking for baby clothes with me thanksgiving night. He said yesterday that I made the right decision. He said he could easily see my mother losing the ring and then acting like it wasn't a big deal. As you can tell my mother does not understand my love of jewelry at all. My niece got engaged a few weeks ago and when I told her I left my ring she immediately said Go Get The Ring. Turn the car around right now and get the ring!

Missy, i forgot you don't have a garage to store your bikes. Living in the suburbs does have its advantages. Although I could give up the garage for great shopping right around the corner! Your nieces are sooo cute. I wish all mine were still this age. They are so much fun. We have the baby today and tomorrow. I wish I could keep this little one. She is so sweet. I'm tempted to try all the new outfits I bought on her. Somehow I can't see her cooperating while I put fifteen outfits on her. Although she was pretty cooperative when I put her new boots and hat on. We are going out to dinner and then stopping at babies are us tonight. It will to be fun looking at toys with her. I'm sorry the weather hasn't cooperated today with bike riding. I still can't get over how long the mild weather lasted this year. I completely forgot about all the great food you will be having in the coming week. It sounds like your mom is a great cook too.

Marcy, Your dinners always make me so hungry! It sounds like we both are doing our part to keep the economy going. I also shopped from home yesterday. I'm glad you decided to stay inside. Your weather sounds terrible. I hate to think of you out driving in icy conditions! There was no way I was going to a mall yesterday. I was looking at clothes but most of the places I shop offered the same deals on Wednesday.

Jimmianne, I am glad you are excited about your trip and have everything planned. You will have so much fun with your daughter. Now all you need to do is get rid of that bug! My husband is going to London but wanted me to tell you there will probably not be a safer time to visit Paris. The security will probably be stronger than anytime in the past. I wish we lived in a world where we didn't have to think or worry about people intentionally trying to hurt others. I really like your new ring. You always find the best jewery and get the best deals.

JJLsmom, Great news about your husband doing well and that the doctors are pleased. What a relief his surgery is over and all is well. Don't stress too much about your son going to college far away. My nephew had said for years he wanted to go to school in North Carolina. He ended up going to the University of Illinois. They change there minds often at that age. I love the fact that he's only a couple hours away. It sounds like your dear son has inherited your love of running. How cool that you run together. The pear pie sounds delicious!

Junebug, Your holiday sounds like everything went very well. I'm so glad you were able to get a much needed break. How did your daughters painting project turn out? Did your son spend thanksgiving with you too? It seems like most of us do our own Christmas shopping for ourselves. Honestly it has never bothered me. I always get something I really want this way. We buy what we want thru out the year so Christmas and birthday present have never been a big deal with us. When our brothers kids were little I would have the most fun shopping for them.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, yes, it's true that at this time of year it's impossible not to overeat! I like your plan that we'll just worry about it in January haha! Sorry the cycling didn't work out but I guess it is almost December - we've been pretty lucky with the weather overall. Thinking of Greg and hoping things are going ok with building the cat shelter.

And yes, I can see where you have to get creative when you live in the city! I meant to tell you that your apartment looks so beautiful. The floors are gorgeous. You and Greg have great taste!

Lol about your bling dream! I've had dreams about diamonds too, so funny! :D

Jimmianne, I love your rose cut ring! :love: I agree with you, I think rose cut diamonds in pieces like this ring are the perfect way to enjoy them, they are different and very charming. I like their historical significance too, it's how diamonds used to look in days gone by! I'll bet it looks really nice with your other rings too.

Glad to hear that all the arrangements are made for your trip. You sound like you're feeling better about everything and can now focus on being excited, yay!

Callie, yep, same with me, I've never minded picking out my own gifts either, and this way we both get what we really want lol. Dh needs a new briefcase so that's what will be under the tree for him…after he buys it that is :cheeky: . You must be having so much fun with that cute baby! Yes, my son is living at home right now so he was here too for Thanksgiving - it really was nice to spend some time together as a family. My daughter's cabinet came out great! I should have taken a before pic, I'm dumb - but I'll post a pic of the finished cabinet after she puts the handles back on.

marcy, I forget who said it, missy I think, but I agree you should get a sapphire AND an iPad! :devil: And I forgot to tell you I love the collages you made. So fun to look at all that pretty bling, thanks so much for making them!

LLJsmom, I'm glad you had a good Thanksgiving! And how cool that your son was able to help you out on your run, it's really nice that you can share your love of running with him and you both have a common interest. He sounds like such a great kid. Yes, it's hard to think about our kids growing up and being far away. I remember those feelings of panic very well lol. We live in NJ and my daughter went to the University of Kansas. It was hard at first but you adjust - and with texting and cell phones it's so easy to keep in touch too. Hugs to you, I know how you feel but when the time comes things just somehow work out and it's not quite as bad as you imagine it would be.

Great news about your dh! Glad he's in better spirits and healing well.

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Junebug, I laughed at your signature line to Santa. That is funny. I used to have my shopping done by September but I was honestly more organized when I worked 2 jobs. Marty and I generally pick our own presents too; that way we know we are getting what we want. We usually don’t know what is in our stockings but usually we know what the gifts under the tree will be. I am glad you had a nice Thanksgiving. I am anxious to hear about your new Christmas tree; post a picture please. I keep hoping Marty suggests putting up our tree. Glad to hear your husband is in better spirits and feeling better. Glad you liked the collages.

Jimmianne, your new ring is pretty. The diamonds look nice and bright. Glad you have your plans finalized for your trip and are anxious to go. How many weeks will you be gone this time? Feel better!

Missy, I googled info about the upside down pictures. I guess Apple products have something in them that will turn them upright but Windows doesn’t read it. I know a lot of my photos wind up sideways or upside down on here. I also saw if you take landscape photos (which none of yours were) you put your volume buttons to the bottom. I am so excited you rode over 4100 miles; that is so awesome! How was Costco? Did you check out those earrings? I love your pictures posting with your bikes.

LLJsmom, your Thanksgiving sounds nice and relaxing. That is wonderful you and your son had a nice long run together. Hugs for having a moment thinking about your son growing up but he sounds like he’ll do fine in life with he sense of adventure and experiencing life. He won’t be going off to college for years and you’ll have many more chances to spend those quiet moments with him. Congratulations to him for coming in third in his race.

Callie, it sounds like you are totally enjoying your grandniece stay with your this weekend. I know it’s hard not to try all sorts of outfits on them but I’d get fussy too. I am glad you enjoying some online shopping yesterday too. I was all excited a package showed up today but it was for a neighbor who accidentally put down our address. I think it’s a good idea to buy your own gifts. We are like you guys; we but what we want when we see it so it’s hard to even come up with ideas for Christmas or birthdays.

Speaking of overeating someone sent me this:
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
But 10 extra pounds on my hips, thighs and rear.

Marty went to a rifle range in Colorado today to meet my BIL and nephew. They had fun in that 16 degree weather. I baked my first batch of Christmas cookies and quickly got them in the freezer downstairs.

One more day of long weekend left then sadly it’s back to the salt mines.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June - the rose cuts are interesting. The backs have primitive looking "saw cut" marks.
I'm glad to hear your husband is feeling better!
Yes, please post a Christmas tree photo : )

haha, yes, Missy. There is only one kind of pear on our minds!
Especially nice to get an eye full of sparkly as the days get shorter.

Marcy, I hate it when that happens. I think if something comes to your house it is automatically yours LOL
The other thing is getting excited about a package and then remembering it is a pound of bird seed : (
Fun in 16 degree weather is an oxymoron!

Callie, London at this time of year sounds nice. I wonder if they put up their holiday decorations this early for your husband to enjoy.
I will be interested to observe that in France too. Surely we are the nuttiest country, having Christmas music before Halloween!

LLJsmom, love the idea of you running with your son - a great connection, yes? Better than couch-potatoing with vid games and I love that idea that as you strengthen physically by running you also strengthen your bond.

:wavey: hi to everyone this morning!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! A very happy happy birthday to our dear Kristie. We love you sweet NIRDI!!!

Dearest Kristie, here is a birthday poem I am writing just for you. Writing it as I go so please bear with me haha. I do my best work on the go. :bigsmile:

It is our very dear girlfriend's birthday today
The NIRDI who always has something smart,funny and witty to say

She is helpful and loving and generous and wise
And she always enjoys NIRDI bling and NIRDI pies

So today on her special day of all days
We come together to say hey Kristie hey

You know we love and cherish you so much
You are our dear NIRDI girl with the sweetest touch

You live far away so we cannot reach out and touch you boohoo
So for right now our virtual hugs and kisses will have to do

Kristie we love you and cherish you too
Please know that and know we are always here for you

So on this most auspicious day
the day you were born woohoo
Wishing you the most happy birthday
Hoping all your wishes come true

Dearest Kristie wishing you the most happiest years
Full of happiness and health for you and your dears
So please enjoy your birthday today
And know the NIRDIs are here to stay

Love you girlfriend! Happy Birthday!!! :appl:
And (((HUGS))).

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK back to respond to my NIRDIs after getting a second cup of coffee and some breakfast. I love lazy Sunday mornings. It is drizzling right now and I would enjoy being in bed listening to the pitter patter if I wasn't thinking about the sweet feral kitties outside fending for themselves. Sammy came up to our glass doors last night (from the backyard that leads to the living room) and our cats were staring at Sammy intensely and vice versa and actually our cats were scared. So weird. They are protected by being inside and the glass doors and they were hissing and their tails got so fat whereas Sammy was just looking calmly and curiously back at them. She came right up to the door and was almost touching. But when I approached she backed away. I so badly wanted to open the door and let her come into the warmth and protection of our house. It was so comfy cozy last night with all of us in the living room and the fireplace going and I just wanted to have Sammy come in and enjoy the warmth we could offer. Of course I know she would never stay if I opened the door and she would have run fast away but still I wish I could have had her come in and be safe and warm.

Junie, thank you! Greg chose the floors and they are photosensitive which makes them a real pain to care for when we scratch them as they do not "heal" well LOL and they are not as hardy as our dark wood floors at the beach house. But we do love the colors so it is a trade off. The Brooklyn floors are also a bit softer and well they can dent and have dented so I don't think we would choose them again despite being so pretty. Plus it is (I think not sure) an endangered species of wood now (not in 2003 when we put them in however) so not a choice anyway anymore.

I am glad your whole family was together during Thanksgiving. That is the best Thanksgiving of all for sure. Especially because we know that cannot be forever so precious time together is just that. Precious.

The cat shelter is coming along, thank you for asking. I will post pics later.

I meant to comment on your tag line days ago when I first noticed it. Love it. :bigsmile:

Callie, haha 15 outfits. I wanna be your grandniece pretty please! Please send me some more cute pics of her when you have a chance. She is a sweetie pie and so adorable. Precious! I know you are enjoying your weekend with her.
How was the double pizza last night? I asked Greg about it but he never heard of it either though he said it sounds good. Darn right haha. What's not to love about a double pizza right? :cheeky: I cannot believe he never heard of it though as his brother lives in Chicago. I am guessing it is a Chicago thing.

We have plenty of room for the bikes at the beach house but we also have a lot of bikes in Brooklyn (we have lots of bikes lol) so Greg put them on the wall in his home office in Brooklyn. It works. And both our tandems are at the beach house so that saves us. We have one of the tandems in the partial basement on the wall. It is very pretty actually like wall art. :bigsmile:

What are your Sunday plans with your grandniece?

LLJsmom, I think I will wait for you girls before I go to GOG. I don't think it will be as much fun visiting alone. Greg doesn't get the bling thrill like we do. I love that your son ran with you and helped you with your run. These really are precious times and it sounds like you guys are enjoying every moment.

Marcy, haha love that poem. And I can relate especially now. :devil:
Thank you for googling that for me. I don't get it. I am posting from my macbook air or my iPad and taking pics with my iPhone. Oh well you know technology and I do not mix. Even with all things apple leave it to me to mess it up. LOL.
Did you decide on getting both the sapphire and the iPad? I sure hope so because you deserve it!

I am glad Marty got to visit your nephew and BIL in Colorado yesterday. 16 degrees is way too cold for me to be outside for very long. Good for you for starting the christmas cookies so early. We are not getting around to baking ours just yet but when we do you know you have a special delivery coming your way. :appl:

Jimmianne, thanks for letting me lean on you yesterday. I know you get it and are such a dear. (((Hugs))) to you this morning and I hope you are feeling all better. I will miss you when you are in France but I know you will have a great visit and maybe you will find time to drop in every now and then and say hey to us.

OK girls have a great morning and once again HAPPY BIRTHDAY KRISTIE!!!!

frankiecomfyandcozybyfire.jpg

frankiecomfyandcozy.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just more wishes from some beloved babies...also wanted to say I hope sweet Finnie boy is feeling much much better today!!!

_35398.jpg

westiewishinghappybirthday.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
happy-birthday-9122612.jpg
Happy Birthday to our Birthday NIRDI!!!
I hope you have a fun day. Stay warm!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday Kristie! I hope you have a fabulous day!

happy-birthday.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Jimmianne, that is pretty interesting about rose cut diamonds. Too funny about if a package shows up at your house it must be for you. I honestly thought they just delivered it to the wrong address. I so agree with you that having fun in 16 degree weather is an oxymoron. I don’t like to be cold anymore. I hope you are feeling better today.

Missy, your birthday poem for Kristie is wonderful! I like it. That is cute the cats were checking each other out. My sister and BIL have raccoons in their backyard sometimes and their cat and the small raccoons stare at each other sometimes. Your fireplace pictures are so pretty. I haven’t cranked ours on yet this fall but I am getting close. I did turn up the thermostat to try and help warm up the basement. It has high ceilings and a walkout basement so it is pretty chilly down there compared to the main floor. How is your eye doing?

Callie, what is a double pizza? I am intrigued.

I made breakfast and started on laundry. I need to work on my club newsletter today but would rather finish my book.

Have a great day.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! Happy Cyber Monday. Does anyone have any plans to shop online today? Did anyone get anything good during the Black Friday/Weekend sales?

Marcy, my eye is almost all better thanks for asking but I am still not wearing any eye makeup until I am totally healed. Haha I have been cranking up the heat and having the fireplace on almost every day we are here since September. LOL. It's just this house always feel so much colder than our Brooklyn apartment where I rarely even have to turn the heat on because there are so many others cranking up that heat and it rises really well so our apt is always toasty. In fact in the apartment I am usually wearing a sundress it is so warm. So when we get here it always feels so cold.

How did your newsletter go? Did you get to read your book too I hope? What are you reading now?
We saw a very enjoyable movie last night called The Best Offer. We really liked it.

How are the killer bunnies behaving? Did everyone get along during Thanksgiving I hope. :cheeky:

Junie, how are you doing? Still enjoying leftovers? Is your sister still keeping your mom company or has she left to go back home? I am glad you liked the photos and I am sharing them here today. Never made it back here yesterday to share them. We almost went to Lambertville yesterday and I was going to contact you (though I doubt you could have met us but you never know) but it was too chilly and I only had my short leather jacket so we went indoor shopping instead. Missed out on bling shopping but we had a nice day anyway. Hope you enjoyed time with the family. Hugs to Zoe.

Jimmianne, how are you feeling? Hope you are back to 100% and getting excited about your trip. Please give sweet Puff a hug from me.

Hope the rest of you girls enjoyed your weekend and Kristie hope you had a good birthday.
Off to Brooklyn in a few hours. Have a good day everyone!

Adding the pics of the new cat shelter Greg finished yesterday morning. It has 2 levels and is insulated very well and can fit multiple kitties. Just don't know if they will use the shelters or not but we sprinkled catnip all around and over it. Greg placed all the shelters beside his new shed so the cats are protected from the wind and out of sight from people. The doors are facing the shed so away from the rain/wind and prying eyes so hopefully the kitties will feel safe and use the shelters. There are 3 separate shelters and if the cats use them there is enough space for all that we know about at least. In the last picture you can see all 3 shelters and their location against Greg's shed. The kitty tube, the feral kitty condo and the newest shelter we have named the catominium or as Kristie calls it the catitat. They are both perfectly descriptive names.

newcatshelter.jpg

2levelcatshelterbygreg.jpg

catshelterbygreg.jpg

all3catshelterstogetherferalkittycondokittytubeandcatitat.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
last pic for a better perspective of where they are located.

locationofnewcatshelterbygreg.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, this is amazing. Greg is so talented. They should have condos like this on Amazon. It's a great idea.
My cat, Sam, can come in the house anytime, but prefers his spot in the insulation under my studio : ( ... so cats don't necessarily need a heated space. I think the kitties will have a good winter in their catominium. catamonium? acatment? akittiement?

Thanks for asking. I'm feeling mostly better, but really taking things easy. Perhaps that is an excuse to hang out in front of the TV eating treats LOL
I'll stop by later to see what's up with the NIRDIs : )

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Missy, those kitty residences are AMAZIMG! Big cat-in-the-hat off to you and Greg! :appl:

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANK YOU my NIRDI possee for the birthday shout outs and Missy, that is an EPIC poem, I have to call it an Ode, lol, its perfect, I copied it and printed it, it's on my dresser mirror :appl: :love: Bob didn't cough up anything on par with it and he said he'd sweeten the Moradi pot!!!!! So Missy, thank you tor the poetic gift that continues to give :appl: :dance: :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, Sharon and Kristie, thank you! Now if only the kitties would use it we are in business. It is raining cats and dogs (haha couldn't resist) here for the next few days and I so hope they find and use the shelter to protect them. Greg made it so that the openings/kitty doors are protected from the rain/snow/wind by the roof and side of the shed to keep it as dry as possible in there so let's hope they take advantage. Plus we will be making the trip to the beach house at least twice a month I hope and checking to make sure the straw remains dry or we will change it out. I bought enough straw to last a long while hopefully.

Jimmianne, how are you feeling today?

Sharon, your new earrings are simply divine. I LOVE them. They look so gorgeous on your ears and I agree it really matches perfectly with your sophisticated hair style. :love:
And happy belated birthday...Hope you had a fabulous birthday!

OK did anyone score any sweet deals for Black Friday or Cyber Monday? Or buy any new bling these past few weeks?

I got another pair of SW boots but a style I don't have so at least it is something new. Not sure how it will look as they are 23 inches in length so pretty high but flat sort of heel so hoping it will look nice. We'll see and I got it from Norstrom (online) so I know I can easily return it should they not look/fit the way I want them to. I also bought 3 dresses. 2 from Laundry by Shelli Segal (1 I got in person while shopping Sunday but 2 I bought online yesterday) so looking forward to receiving those dresses. And a few odds and ends nothing special.

Though I was drooling over those Lang Antique pear earrings and almost pulled the trigger. But for some reason the scale of the earrings felt off to me. Too clunky somehow and the price point was not what I wanted it to be so I decided against the purchase. Hope I am not making a big mistake LOL. Sigh so many bling decisions and so much bling I don't wear that I already have so I really want to make smart purchases from hereon in. I know you girls know what I mean. ::)

Marcy, how was work yesterday? How are the roads now? Less icy I hope!

Junie, thinking of you and hoping your week is going smoothly.

Callie, the cream I use is Cicalfate cream. Here is the link. I couldn't link via text to you but here it is. Please let me know how your sweet grandniece is doing.
http://www.drugstore.com/search/search_results.asp?srchtree=1&Ntt=Cicalfate+Repair+Cream+-+1.4+oz&Ntk=All&N=0

Please tell us about the double pizza experience. I know you explained it to me but just to clarify for Marcy. It is half cheese and half another ingredient of your choosing right? I know you got spinach your dh got pepperoni. Did I get that right? OMG it sounds so good that I am craving it at 6AM now. LOL b/w you and Marcy and all our thanksgiving leftovers I am just thinking about food all the time haha.

Which brings me to Kristie-way to go girlfriend! You and Fitbit are working it!
I thinking more good thoughts and sending healing vibes to Finn and Maggie. (((HUGS))).
And I cannot wait to see what bling you decide on from Moradi. Very excited for you. :appl:
Thank you re the poem and I am so glad you are enjoying it!

LLJsmom, hoping all is well by you and that recovery for your dh (and dad) are going smoothly.
Is your mom wearing her new diamond huggies yet? I am so happy that purchase worked out for you. You are a wonderful daughter (and great mom and wife too) and what a fabulous gift. :love:

Greg went into the office at 5AM today because he had to do a few things and is now off to the beach house to meet with the contractor who is digging out our basement. That project is starting soon and honestly I am not looking forward to it at all. First of all I am concerned about the safety of this project re flooding of the basement and then I am not thrilled about the expense as it is a pricey project. Now if I had that money to spend on bling let's just say I could have easily bought 10 pairs of those pear earrings from Lang Antiques. LOL. Or do I mean :cry:

Anyway he deserves to have his basement workshop just the way he wants it but I am concerned about those 2 main things. We are closer to retirement than not and I hate spending so much on something that may or may not be a good idea. Especially if this is not our forever home and if the past few years taught me anything it is that you just never know. So I guess we are making this decision based on the best info we can get and living in the moment enjoying our lives. But well I am worrying about the future consequences of this project. Thanks for listening girls. You are the best. (((Hugs))).

OK girls, I hope everyone is well and is enjoying the week. Have a good Tuesday. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results