shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Young Frankenstein is on TV. One of my favorite movies.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1442794132|3929993 said:
Young Frankenstein is on TV. One of my favorite movies.

I read this just before going to bed and it made me laugh. This is such a neat thread and I love it! Reading this was sort of like being at a slumber party.

It's Monday again. [to state the obvious]. We have been in a drought here and are about to get a week of much needed rain. I have started cleaning up my perennial bed in the back and most of the plants are dry and crispy. I spent a wonderful afternoon weeding the garden with Issy and the hose running. yes, both running. Then read The Same Sky by Amanda Eyre Ward and had to read it all before going to sleep. Great & thoughtful read.
Today is full of possibilities!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there everyone!

Missy, thank you for the kind words - sometimes I feel I'm given too much credit, there are days when my attitude about all of this isn't so great! :oops: But in my heart I feel I'm doing the right thing and I'm trying very hard to do the best job I can and I'm also doing my best to be up-beat and positive. Thanks for being there for me, I so appreciate it.

Sounds like you had fun riding with other people! I feel the same as you though, I'd like to do it once in a while but not on any kind of regular basis. Joining them occasionally sounds great, just for something a little different.

Kristie, yeah, every day is different, that's for sure - I made my mother a dish she seemed to like…the next time I made it she wasn't too thrilled. Thanks for sharing your story about your grandparents… I can relate and down the road we might very well have to explore AL/NH. Finances are a concern, but dh knows I'm really worried about what will happen if my mother's condition worsens and he has said we will cover the cost of a facility or in-home nursing care if it comes to that. I feel like right now we're in a holding pattern of sorts and waiting to see how things go in the upcoming months.

Thinking of you and hoping the estate issues are being cleared up.

Marcy, thanks for your nice words too, you are always so comforting. I'm so glad to hear you like your new boss, that makes such a difference. It's starting to sound hopeful that things will start falling into place and you'll be able to get your team on track. We did take-out and watched football yesterday - it's fun isn't it? Like a mini-party lol. Glad Marty is back home, and enjoying golf while he can…my dh is in the same boat, golf season is coming to an end. Love Young Frankenstein! SO funny!

LLJsmom, 23 miles, wow!!! - I probably couldn't do the half mile lol! You should be really proud of such an accomplishment. :clap:

Jimmianne, yep, it's Monday again - these weeks are flying by - sounds like you're getting some things done in the yard. A week of rain isn't too much fun but it sounds like your area really needs it, so I guess it's a good thing!

Sounds like you've been busy - I hope you had a nice time at dd's brunch. I'm excited for you about your friends coming soon. Good luck with getting ready for them.

Callie, hope you had a good weekend!

Not a whole lot new on my end. Went to a surprise 50th birthday party for my BIL yesterday and it went well. He was happy to see friends and family and seemed to have a great time.

Hope everyone is starting the week on a good note!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Happy autumn today girls. Tomorrow is the first full day but I believe today is the start of the season. The air is crisp and colors sharp and I smell the change in seasons for sure.

Marcy, believe it or not I have never seen Young Frankenstein. Thank you for the recommendation and I am looking forward to watching it. We just watched Ghost Story last night with John Houseman, Fred Astaire and Douglas Fairbanks. We have both read the book but never watched the movie. It was good. Parts of it felt dated (1981) and there were some cheesy parts as those 70's/early 80's movies tended to have but all in all it was enjoyable and I recommend it if you like that sort of thing. It wasn't super scary but it was enjoyable. I love scary (psychological thrillers) but it is challenging to find those kind of movies and they are far and few between.

Hope your Monday went well and glad you and Marty had a good weekend. Tomorrow is the first full day of Autumn and the chill is in the air. I cannot believe how early you can get snow in Wyoming. OMG. It should be interesting to see how this winter shapes up as some predictions I hear are quite fierce re snow and cold. Hoping somehow though it is a mild winter for us all!

Jimmianne, haha, I love your analogy of the slumber party and I quite agree.

How did your DD's Sunday brunch? Just want you to know I have heard nothing yet. So sorry to keep you in limbo. ::)

I hope you get some rain soon. A drought is no fun even when one likes the sun and dry weather we need the rain. I am sorry your plants are suffering and I hope they get the nourishment they need from mother nature very soon. Glad Izzy is helping you take care of them in the meantime.

I have never read The Same Sky. Going to check it out. It sounds like a good read. Thank you for the recommendation.

Junie, it is only normal to have some challenging days with all you are carrying on your shoulders. It's good to allow yourself that outlet and feel what you feel and also allow yourself some breaks so you don't get so overwhelmed as to burn out. I hope your mother continues to do well and that your siblings continue to be supportive and help so you can enjoy some free time too.

I forget, do you have any plans for a beach vacation before the weather totally changes? And do you plan on going there during the winter at all? We usually go to our beach house in December around the holidays as it is so pretty there but usually fall short about going as often as we plan to in the winter in general. There is always so much more to do in the city and somehow we never visit the beach too much during the colder weather. It is nice there just so quiet in the winter. I hope you have some more time planned to visit your house at the beach before 2016. I am guessing yes because you still have a dining room table to receive and the other house to sell. Any news about that?

I'm glad you enjoyed your BIL's surprise 50th party on Sunday. It is always fun to see someone who is truly surprised at a surprise party. My dh knows better though as I do not like any surprises. Surprise party not for me. But glad your BIL had a good one!

Have a good day girls. :wavey:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

:wavey: Epiphany--I LOVED Victoria. It is our destination for "retirement". We have been thinking and feeling like we didn't know where we wanted to live out the last chapter of our lives--but Victoria is my gig!! I need to do some serious homework and narrow it down to districts, etc. My DH would like a small house and I might like a condo! The possibilities!!

Hope everyone is well and in good spirits. Thanks for the well wishes for my DH--we wait on pathology results but are keeping positive. :))

cheers--Sharon

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When Bob and I got married there, we said "Hey, what a great place to retire!" Saw plenty of the elderly walking around there, safe as can be, good weather (no ice to slip on, heehee), etc.

We gave thought to emigrating (immigrating?) to Canada. Great country. My great-grandmother was from Toronto.

We should have done it (we were 32 and 36 at the time).

I did look into it now, apparently one needs to be a resident for 5 years and then you can become a citizen.

Heheheheh, all those times Bush got elected here, that REALLY got us thinking that its time to get out, LOL.

Go for it, Sharon, you have an amazing retirement option there! Whoo hoo!!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I'm in total agreement about not liking surprise parties - in fact, I forewarned dh when my 50th rolled around that I didn't want any kind of party lol. I think what my bil liked best was getting together with family and friends, honestly I don't think it was even necessary for my sil to make it a surprise - I get the impression she was totally stressed out about it he would have had a great time with it just being a regular party.

About going to the beach…dh and I plan to go for a long weekend (Thursday to Sunday) not this weekend but the next. After that I'm not sure, we really haven't gone during the winter in the past. Yes, still waiting on the dining room table! No recent news on the house we're selling, I think it might be time to get in touch with our real estate agent lol. Yikes, I forgot to send you the listing, I'll do that today.

Sharon, I'm so excited that you loved Victoria so much you'd like to retire there! Now I want to go there lol! Glad to hear you had such a nice time. Keeping you and dh in my thoughts and hoping for good news.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, we are sometimes like a bunch of giggly girls. That helps brighten my day though! I am glad you are getting some much-needed rain there. How nice of cute Issy to help you clean out your perennial garden. I leave my dead flowers until spring. I am glad you enjoyed a good book. I started the WWII European series by W.E.B. Griffin. I am totally engrossed already.

Junebug, I think you keep a positive attitude and I know you are going through difficult times. You are doing the right thing and always try to do the best thing for you and your family. I know you will handle things as they come and we are here for you. I am so glad you get some days to spend with your DH and children and that your siblings are helping you with your mom. We kind of make little parties out of Football Sunday too. We usually do popcorn, chips and salsa or something like that. We like to watch NFL RedZone too. Have a wonderful time at the beach next weekend. I wouldn’t like a surprise party either. My MIL gave Marty one and he wasn’t pleased. Especially since she made a poster with pictures of him as a kid. His friends were amused by it all though.

Missy, I noticed some leaves changing around town yesterday. Yes, fall is here. I hope you and Greg rent Young Frankenstein. It is utterly silly. It seems like I have watched Ghost Story but it’s not coming to mind so I might have to check it out. Thanks! I don’t believe the long-term forecasts for weather; they are rarely accurate in what they predict for tomorrow.

Sharon, that is awesome you loved Victoria and have picked it as your retirement home. How fun to make plans for the future.

Kristie, you had me convinced Victoria is a great place once you said no ice to slip on. Is it down in the 80’s there yet?

My sister and BIL got here before I got home from work yesterday. They had a wonderful time on their visits to sapphire mines in Montana. They brought home 14 bags of rough (roughly 300 pounds in that little Toyota). They gave me one of the 25-pound bags. My sister found a few green sapphires and is so excited to go through everything. They explained to Marty how to rinse the rough for us to go through. I felt kind of bad because my sister is so excited about this and finding sapphires so I finally said “you know your sister here never liked to play in the dirt or with rocks, right?” She said I know but we knew Marty would help you. I told her a few weeks ago I only like to look over faceted sapphires. :lol:

My sister and I stayed up until about midnight and I showed her how to tell a better cut stone and we went through my gem jar showing her different types of gems. I got to bed about 1 am (goofing off on my iPad) and got paged from work at 6:30. Ugh. I love having a day off but still have to get up early to go to work. It was something that was inquired about on Monday but one of my team didn’t handle it correctly nor pass it on to me. Marcy will be nagging at them tomorrow. Sigh.

We went out to breakfast with my sister and BIL this morning before they headed home.

I wanted to go out to lunch with Marty today but it didn’t work out. Marty had chicken fried steak for breakfast so he wasn’t even hungry at lunchtime. I had 2 pieces of French toast so I was hungry by noon. I ate a banana. We went to the mall about 2 pm and I got this years Kay’s teddy bear. We were wandering around Dillards and Marty’s phone reminded him he had a meeting at 3 so we ran home. I finally fixed some steak sandwiches and oven French fries for us for supper. I always bring home ½ of my steaks when we eat out and I don’t like them heated up in the microwave so we started slicing them and putting them in diluted gravy to heat up and then making kind of French dip sandwiches out of them. They turn out pretty good and that way I don’t waste ½ of a steak.

Take care.
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope to have blingie estate news next week. A big thank you for all the NIRDI dust and good vibes everyone's been sending me.

Marcy, Bob is jealous of the tailings your sis brought back. When we go to San Diego we go to the Himalaya Queen Mine and buy bags of tailings for $100/bag. I feel like its PT Barnum time but Bob loves them, he sets up his sifting/sorting/washing stations in our patio, cracks a beer, cranks the tunes and hunts away. Let's have pics of those green sapphs your sis got!!!! Yessss!!!!!

I also love Young Frankenstein :lol: :lol: :lol:

You have a Dillard's in your town???? I had no idea!!!!!

Junie, before too much time elapses, talk to a geriatric social worker. They know the best people, places, services, and the laws. For example, once your mom is in an AL place,in skilled nursing, whatever, when her personal assets are exhausted Medicare takes over. But talk to one or even an elder law attorney, they typically have some of the same info and assistance that a geriatric social worker has. Including for help while your mom is still in her home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon, I absolutely would retire in Victoria if I were Canadian. When I first visited there about 30 (!) years ago I was told it was the place to get married and the place to retire. I love the flowers they have on every street corner too. A gorgeous place to live and I am glad you had a lovely vacation there. Sending more healthy vibes your dh's way and I hope you receive good news soon!

Junie, I am glad you are going to be at your beach house soon. A long weekend is perfect. Hope your dining room table is delivered during your visit. It's nice to have small vacations to look forward to and it will be here before you know it.

Marcy, It has been quite chilly here in the mornings the past few days but we are supposed to have a warm up today and tomorrow and then lots of rain predicted. We need it but it will be raining just in time for our vacation LOL. I guess there will be shopping plans during our autumn vacation as usual. I think we need to rethink our autumn vacation because it rains an awful lot during that time in past years. No matter we will have a good time because we are off together. Hoping for some cycling weather though. I am sure you girls are sick of hearing me go on and on about cycling but soon enough cycling season will be over... :((
I have noticed leaves beginning to change also. It seems to have happened overnight. And I agree with you. The meteorologists can barely get the weather right the day of let alone so far in advance.

Kristie, after all that figuring out and choosing options I have a feeling something won't be right LOL. Sometimes I need to listen to my gut instinct vs just forging ahead. We'll see. I just really wanted to make it work and sorry about driving you (and myself too believe me) batty. :loopy:

Callie, hope you had a good afternoon yesterday! I had fun with my girlfriend and it was nice catching up with her. She has 2 almost grown boys and it feels like yesterday she used to visit me with them in tow in their strollers. OMG how fast they grew up. The older one is in college already.

Jimmianne, hope your week is going well.

LLJsmom, just a few more weeks. Are you very excited or do you get nervous before you run a marathon?

Hope everyone has a good day. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, having a bag of rough to paw through sounds divine. The hunt's the thing, and thinking there could be something amazing.
As always I love Marcy's Domestic Blog. It sounds so homey. I'm glad you had a good time with your sister. You don't like to play in the mud?
I agree it is bad for the manicure lol. but good for the soul, especially if gems are involved..

The WWII series looks promising. thanks for mentioning it.

I finally took my metal detector into the woods along the 18th century stone road and found 2 mule shoes and a buckle about a foot underground. I had been hoping for Civil War buttons, but I haven't given up yet! As I said above, the hunt's the thing.

Sharon, congrats on finding a place you want to live. That's huge. And such a fantastic location. I hope you have signed on for the NIRDI progressive dinner party as I imagine you would get a few visitors!

Hi to everyone & hugs.
I'm off to wash my hair and get ready for zee French lesson.
A well-deserved day off from reclaiming the gardens from nature.
I may venture further, all the way to Whole Foods, which is conveniently located next to my favorite jeweler & bench person. Good grief, the staff are like FAMILY at this point haha.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey guys, I just did a 6 mile run with my friend this morning, and am having Philz Coffee, which is the best force I've ever had. It lacks th acidity but has all the depth and richness of a dark French roast. I don't drink, so coffee is my vice and I am a snob. I wish you guys were here and I could bring you here.

_384.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJsmom, that coffee sounds delicious and I wish we could all have a cup with you. No acidity but the richness and depth we love-sounds so good. Coffee is (one of) my vices too. I have never heard of the Philz brand but now am very curious and going to see if it is offered around here anywhere. Thanks for the rec.

Jimmianne, all I can say is LOL. :lol: Sometimes (heck who am I kidding much of the time!) I feel like Lucy of Lucy and Ethel. :oops: But you do have to laugh. At least we are leaving no stone unturned right?

And as for the hunt I quite agree. Much of (most of?) the enjoyment can be the search no doubt. Hope you find those Civil War buttons.

Callie! Thinking of you and your family sweetie. And sending big (((hugs))).

Kristie :appl: :appl: :appl:

It's our last workday before our 2 week vacation Woohoo. :appl:

I hope everyone has a good day!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, I hope you do have fabulous estate news soon. If we lived down there I could bring my bag of tailings over and we could drink Freak Show and I could beg Bob to go through them for me. I’d bribe him with food and alcohol. I will have to get a picture of all the sapphires. She turned in a few of them to be cut up there. My BIL thought she should get a bracelet made out of some of her sapphires. We do have a Dillards at our mall. I am sure it’s B grade. They have 2 stores actually. One is men, kids, salon and housewares. The other is all of the women stuff. We had a Joslins here when the mall opened. I liked it better but I don’t even think those stores are open anymore.

Missy, you can talk about cycling all you want. You are very passionate about it and I am always excited to hear what you did, how far you went and enjoy hearing how much fun you had. When are you leaving for vacation? Do tell about your shopping plans. I find listening to your gut is often a good idea. I am glad you had fun catching up with your girl friend. Those little ones do grow up quickly.

Jimmianne, I think I need to bring my bag with me and you, Kristie and me get together. Give me enough wine and you guys will get me to play in the dirt. I am excited to see what treasures might be in that bag. I am glad you enjoy our Domestic Blog; we live a boring life but we like it. How fun to go hunting for treasures along an 18th century stone road. That would be awesome to find some Civil War buttons. I hope you had a fun day with parlez francais, shopping and visiting your favorite jeweler.

LLJsmom, Marty is a coffee snob too. He would drink a cup of delicious coffee with you. Yay for running 6 miles today.

One more day of work to go. I met Marty for lunch that naturally was the highlight of my day. Not much exciting going on here.

Have a great Friday and then it’s the weekend. Let’s here it for a beautiful weekend!

Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, Costco has Freakshow!!!!! Yeooow!!!!

Hope everyone has a fun yet relaxing weekend. I'll be making rice and boiled ground sirloin all weekend, doggie diarrhea unfortunately.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for yet another first of the morning laugh, Ms. AZ.
I thought I was reading what you were cooking for dinner for yourself and thought, my my, another cozy domestic blog :lol:

I am going to have to come to AZ to meet those dogs and the NIRDI who cooks for them!

It is finally raining here. yay! I left the window over my bed open last night and woke up not only covered with dogs, but with rain falling on my face.
Usually the dogs sleep on their chaise : ) I guess there must have been some thunder during the night.

Just hello to everyone this morning. I'm going to try to do some art this morning instead of composing PS posts, but I'll talk to you all later.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Yes, please! Ya'll must come and visit! Is really is a sweet place. I've seen two houses I like! :bigsmile:

Does everyone have big weekend plans? Not much going on here...and no news about my DH tests--assuming no news is good news.

cheers--Sharon :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Kristie, now we can stock up on Freak Show. But rats I have to drive about 100 miles to find one. Are Maggie and Finn sick? Noooooo! Have a fun weekend.

Jimmianne, that is great you had some rain. That is too cute the dogs were all snuggled up with you during the storm. Have fun painting.

Sharon, you are off to a good start if you saw 2 houses you like. I hope no news is good news as well. Have a nice quiet weekend.

I must say I am delighted 5 pm Friday finally arrived. I was pretty busy at work so the day zipped by. Marty decided to go to Verizon to see about getting the new iPhone. He went about 10:30 and there were quite a few people in the store but for some reason he was “next”. He got his new phone, updated our data plan and our plan will cost us $10 less a month. Good deal. Only in Wyoming can you get the new iPhone without camping out overnight, huh?

I am still debating getting the new mini. I use my mini at work and bring it home on the weekend. I use my regular iPad at home. Marty thinks I’m crazy (in general) to have 2 iPads. I just don’t want to carry one around every day.

We met for lunch and then had grilled cheese for supper. We will probably have a quiet weekend. Marty has tee times both days this weekend and I need to go buy some new shoes. Boring Domestic Blog entry 9/25/15.

Have a great weekend.

Sunday evening there will be a total lunar eclipse. We plan on watching it from our deck.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
domestic blogs are anything but boring for those of us who no longer have a domestic life to speak of.
Yes, of course I have a domestic life too, but my blog would be a disaster. For instance: "had a lovely dinner of sauerkraut with marcona almonds". See? Amen to grilled cheese! and other comfort foods.

Last night watched part of the documentary on Keith RIchards. I was opposed to watching it because I thought it was going to be all about getting high and breaking up hotel rooms, but it had 5 stars so I thought I would give it a try. It is so very good. He is a lovely person and so talented. Very entertaining biography of his life with the whole history of R&R thrown in. I never realized that the Rolling Stones started out by wanting to share their love of American Blues and worked with all the greats like Muddy Waters. I knew that's where Dylan started.[with Odetta] Also very fun to see a quite young Jagger in the recording studio. The film is chock-full of wonder.

Off to the monthly wine & painting event at noon. Wish you could all join me!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Sharon, no news is good news and keeping good thoughts for you and your dh. How exciting you like 2 houses there. Keep us posted and you will soon have NIRDI visitors before you know it LOL.

Jimmianne, YAY for rain by you finally.

I was talking about you yesterday to some of the other NIRDIs and we were saying you would take in a stray kitty that needs a home no doubt. We have a so many strays at the beach and last night I fed one and Greg got upset with me because he said where will this end as the last kitty we fed and rescued was Blu and well you might remember that he died recently at only a few years of age despite having been rescued and given a home on the Akindale horse rescue farm in upstate NY.

Anyway I digress. Just don't know what to do with this stray kitty as I am not sure he is feral and I cannot torture myself with him being out there in the cold alone and hungry but I know I will. There are no more homes for these rescues and no more room in any animal rescue groups. My plan is to see if he will approach me (just left food out this morning for him but he is not around right now and hope he gets it) and if he does then I will start my search for a home for him but if he is feral (like most of the stray cats here) I will just continue feeding him until we go back to NY and then of course torture myself with him being here all alone with no one feeding him even.

Attaching a pic of him/her. He was looking through the window from the outside at our kitties who were all staring back at him. Pitch black out so excuse the poor pic quality. He didn't even run at the flash so I was thinking maybe he is not feral???

HA, I was resolute in my not going on about this and what do I do post all about it. :((

Hope you enjoy the wine and painting event today. Please tell us more about it I am intrigued! Ooh I LOVE grilled cheese.

Marcy, haha Wyoming has its distinct advantages doesn't it? Please let us know what Marty thinks of his new iPhone. Here we cannot even get it until mid October but maybe that has to do with Greg wanting 128GBs for his phone. I totally get why you want the mini iPad and the full size. I have a full size and Greg has the mini and they both have their advantages. I prefer full size however just because I cannot see anything up close anymore. Really must get an eye exam LOL.

Thanks for the lunar eclipse info. I hope we can see it too.

Have a great weekend everyone! What plans do the NIRDIs have this weekend? Our only weekend plans are hopefully more cycling though I have to say winds here are over 20 mph right now and that might prove too much even for crazy cyclists like us (me) haha. Once you are going backwards it really becomes less fun yanno? :cheeky:

straykittysept252015.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Correction, it is officially 24 mph N/NE wind here right now and predicted to increase throughout the day. :knockout: We are going for it though. Wish us luck. :!:
:wavey:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck Missy. Hope the wind doesn't affect your ride too much.

Hi nirdi girls! just taking a quick break. i haven't read much of what has been going on. saw some talk about weird weather. SF bay area? 80+ one day, 60+ the next, back up close to 80 again... weird. my body doesn't know what to do, sweat or freeze. the office has super cold air con and after 5:30 it all shuts off and then I start sweating. I wear a down jacket and have a wool blanket at the office. I'm one of the coldest people around. Ok, I digress. I was just thinking how much we need rain in CA. BAdly... We did have one random day of it.

went at it too hard yesterday and my ankle feels bad today. not gonna run but will take my daughter out shopping for a little while. I need to work, but the network is down. great excuse huh?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

LLJSmom, I hope your ankle is feeling better today!!! Rest was the right thing to do and I am hoping you are back to feeling good!

I'm funny with temps. I have a very narrow comfort range temp wise. Most of the time I am either pretty cold or pretty hot. It's frustrating but I deal with it and have tricks and tips to make myself more comfortable. I wish I could say it is because of menopause but I think I have been like this for much longer than that.

Sending rain vibes your and California's way!!! Doing my rain dance for you guys.

Kristie, how are Finn and Maggie feeling today and how are you doing? Sending more good vibes everyone's way!

Callie, thinking of you and your family and I hope you feel better about whatever decision you make today. (((Hugs))).

We had a good ride yesterday but I was quite happy to be finished with it when we were lol. I fed the stay kitty again last night. He seems to come around us only at night in the pitch black of darkness so I have to be careful outside feeding him as to not fall and injure myself. Tommy was hissing at him through our glass door in the backyard and that alerted me to the fact that he was there. He retreated to the cover of the trees when I went out with the food and went to it when I went back inside. He is such a sweetie. I wish I could do more.

I need some good health vibes NIRDIs. Sorry to ask yet again but I feel safe asking here. My toe on the affected leg is just not right and has not been for a month plus or so. I went to my friend who is a podiatrist and we thought she took care of the problem but it is red and swollen on and off and just doesn't feel right. I am a little scared because it is on the leg with the metal and my surgeon did say the biggest risk is infection during the first 2 years. So I am worried.

I called my BIL last night and he gave me the phone # of someone highly respected/intelligent who is a good diagnostician so I am hoping I can get an appointment this coming week and that he can figure it out. I am so tired of medical mysteries yanno? And I am concerned that something bad is brewing and I am terrified of the possibility the surgeon might have to go back in and remove/adjust whatever the metal plates and screws. So as much as I didn't want to share/burden you guys with yet another thing I am asking for some good thoughts and PS healing dust for whatever this is to be nothing serious. Thanks so much.

Hugs to everyone and have a great Sunday. :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that toe does sound worrisome. However, please don't worry too much ...and for now just think it's not going to be a problem & let the doc figure things out.
Do you think an epsom salt soak might relieve some of the inflammation?

Have you gotten a good look at that kitty? He appears to be in good shape. Is this right?
I've had kitties that canvassed the neighborhood for snacks [lol] when they had a perfectly good home. If you could get a break-away collar on him with a note with your # written on it in magic marker, maybe you could find out just who his other patrons are.

Puff got a gift in the mail yesterday from an old friend who had birds - a harness and leash! You can't believe how tiny the harness is - and can you imagine me getting that harness on him!? Call 911, because surely I would need them after trying that.

LLJsmom, I hope your ankle is behaving better this morning. We need you in tip-top shape!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Jimmianne, that kitty is definitely a stray. As much as I wish he/she was not he is. :((
We have a shelter we bought but never used for Blu so Greg is going to search for it and see if we can figure out how to put it together and hopefully this kitty might be able to use it for protection from the elements. Winter is coming. However we are not here very much soon so I don't know how I am going to get food and water to this kitty all winter long. I know there are so many and since I cannot control that I am obsessing about this one whom I might be able to help a little at least. But not enough I know. :cry:

Thanks for the suggestion. It's a good one and I have been soaking in epsom salt alternating with Hibiclens (Hibiclens was Kristie's recommendation and another excellent one at that) so doing what I can but it's just so weird. Red but not all the time and slightly swollen and feels strange. Off somehow but I cannot explain how.

Again if it were not on the same leg as the metal I would not be so worried. As you can imagine I am exhausted re always something to be worrying about. I just would love a break from all of this health related worry but I guess it is what it is and I cannot control it all so will just deal with it the best I can and hope it is something treatable/manageable and not quality life altering.

How nice that Puff received a gift but I agree with you. Puff will not take kindly to being harnessed and I wouldn't want to suffer his wrath at trying to do so. LOL.

How was your wine and painting event yesterday? I would love to hear details. Sounds like so much fun!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, thanks for asking. The painting was a bit more challenging this time, but still fun. I ended up leaving an hour early, so maybe I'll finish it later at home. In any event , I like the colors!
p1150123.jpg
Interviewed two different housesitters today - neither a match. They were $70 per day and have day jobs, so they only sleep here. I miss my old sitter who is $60 a day and virtually lives here 24 hours a day. I am giving the job of finding a sitter to the universe : )

Dinner is bacon-wrapped, cream cheese stuffed jalapeno peppers and an apple ale with a movie - "As You Like It" .
Eat your heart out domestic goddesses! Tonight dinner rocks...or not... depending on your taste lol. This may be more suited to the man cave.

Let's hope SOMEONE sees the moon event tonight. We are rainily fogged in. Hope to hear reports in the morning.

See you all tomorrow.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya NIRDIS!

Missy, I'm so sorry to hear about your toe, I don't blame you a bit for being concerned, but try your best not to worry too much if you can - and please don't hesitate to share with us, that's what we NIRDIS are for! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts, and I hope you can get an appointment soon and get some answers as to what's going on. I hope this doesn't put a damper on your vacation (I think it just started, right?) Just thinking out loud, but I'm wondering if it might be a recurrence of the tendonitis you had a while back? At any rate, I have my fingers crossed that it starts feeling better in the next few days.

Also sorry about the stray kitty - I know it's upsetting and there are no easy answers, like you I wish I could help them all but it is just such an overwhelming problem. The shelter will provide protection during the winter months and that counts for something.

Marcy, the fact you and your sister stayed up late meant you were both having a good time, and I'm glad! I hear you, I'm a bit more interested in the faceted stone as opposed to the rough lol! But it will be fun to sift through the rough and see what you find. Post pics if you find anything interesting.

And grilled cheese for dinner sounds perfect to me! I happen to love grilled cheese sandwiches.

Kristie,yes, we should explore our options a bit more…I think it's medicaid that takes over when assets are used up? We also have a look-back issue re medicaid. Thank you for your input, hopefully a NH will not be necessary but we don't know what's down the road so it's good to at least understand the system.

Sorry to hear you're having doggie digestive issues :(sad I hope those two cuties are feeling better very soon.

LLJsmom, I hope your ankle is feeling better soon, I'm glad to hear you're resting it, hopefully you're back to running very soon! Shopping sounds like a great way to take a break lol. Let us know what you bought :cheeky:

Jimmianne, love your wine and paint party, how fun! Your painting is beautiful. I would love to do something like that, I have to start working on getting more of a life.

Not a whole lot new on my end, pretty uneventful weekend but looking forward to getting away for a few days!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Did you see the eclipse? It was very pretty; the moon was a nice light orange. The batteries in my DSLR were dead and the replacement was equally lifeless but I got a decent shot with it. Sweet.

Jimmianne, I think we all have our own type of domestic bliss and I’ll take boring any day. The program about Keith Richards sounds interested. Your painting looks great. It does have nice colors. No, I cannot imagine putting a harness on Puff; I think you’d come out on the short end of that deal.

Missy, that is why you are so sweet because you will help out and take care of anyone. I know you will worry about the kitty. Marty loves his new phone. He is quite happy with it. I did make it through the weekend without going to look at the new mini but the next time Marty is out of town who knows what that will bring? Tons of PS NIRDI healthy and Good luck dust coming your way for your toe. I am sure the doctors will know exactly what to do.

LLJsmom, I am always cold too. I wear a jacket at work most of the time and have a lap fleece blanket in my filing cabinet. It comes out frequently in the winter. I hope you get some rain out there. How is you ankle doing, hopefully improved.

Junebug, I think finding any sapphires in my bag will be exciting. I will definitely post pictures when I go through the bag. Grilled cheese is a staple for me as an easy supper. When I teaching at our community college I’d run home, make myself either a grilled cheese or an egg and cheese sandwich and eat it on the way to school.

We had a mostly quiet weekend. I finished another book and am halfway through the next one in the series. Marty didn’t do well at golf yesterday so he stayed home today and washed the cars and cleaned the inside of mine. What a sweetie. I was going to get some groceries this morning but since he was working on my car I didn’t go shopping. That’s a win in my book but Marty will be out of milk tomorrow. Hopefully he’ll “notice” my shopping list and go shopping tomorrow. Ha! Evil laugh here.

We went out yesterday and had dinner at Olive Garden but today Marty made some pork loin curry with veggies and he cooked me a burger and baked potato on the grill.

Have a great week.
Marcy

_34656.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hi girls, last post of the night. been sitting at my desk for almost 15 hours. sick of returns and brain is stuck. done.

missy, i really hope your toe is ok. sending you lots and lots of healing dust. i know how stressful it is, and discouraging when another physical issue crops up. let us know what the doc thinks. why do the strays always find you? it's that i lover kitties vibe that emanate from your house. they apparently love you too... :)

junebug, hope you have an uneventful week. sometimes uneventful is so nice. my foot is getting better. i have done nothing but sit on my a$$ and work and eat all day. i think i gained 4 pounds in 2 days. crazy i tell you. my first reaction to stress is eat. and trust me, with these returns, i stress a lot. today i ate enough to run a marathon tomorrow. oh, it is tomorrow.

marcy, i love you domestic blogs. it gives me hope that someday i will get there...

missed the eclipse. my son asked me and i did not at all even think about it.

i must be majorly in denial cause i am thinking about resetting my ering. yeah. i'm nuts. i just need to go buy some new jewelry so i have no money to reset. oh wait. i have no money to buy either... :rolleyes: it's way too late at night and i'm not in a healthy place. hugs everyone. it's monday, and the world isn't over.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, that photo is magical. No matter how many pictures I see on the news today, yours will be my favorite first glimpse of a blood moon,

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results