shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great article, Missy. I'm a professional ruminator who somehow found a way to stop - or stop it when I become aware that I'm doing it.

OK, I bought some bling. Now, don't get too excited. I spend under $200 but am getting exactly what I want.

Yesterday I had a doc appt. in town so went early to cruise a couple of jewelry stores.[took loupe and ideal scope] In store #1 I saw the exact tennis bracelet I want and it fit. Estate case & 5K! Tiny diamonds in 14k. ?!?!?!?! and they were nice but not fabulous. Talk about markups! So, NO.

Then went to store #2 and saw the most adorable tiny diamond huggies. I bought them. While she was putting the credit card through and taking too much time, I studied them more with my tools. One earring was good, the other, Included and cloudy. I cancelled the sale. whew! that was close - no returns.

Went to Etsy and found someone who makes & sells single huggies. Wrote and asked the quality. We had an honest conversation and I bought it. It has already been shipped. I hope I love it - it's for the piercing above the lobe piercing. I thought it might be fun instead of the usual stud.
So, the bracelet search is still good to go for distraction next week, but I got myself a little something. Wow retail therapy is so ...therapeutic! haha
il_570xn_148.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, that is an interesting article, thank you - ruminating/worrying is something I struggle with and am working on.

Yep, I get the Sunday blues too - once the week starts and I'm into Monday I feel better lol - just found out dh won't be home until Thursday of next week, I had the days wrong - yikes. I'm feeling better though, and honestly the days fly by anyway so the time will pass quickly.

Yes, it's hot out there! But then I think of last winter and I personally will take the heat over the cold. I'm already dreading winter and we're in the middle of a heat wave :rolleyes: - how's that for worrying about the future? :D I always feel really badly for people who have outdoor jobs and have to work in this heat though.

Jimmianne, I love your small bling purchase, so cute! I'm so glad you caught the imperfections in the pair you almost bought, that was a close one! Yes, these small purchases are fun and good for the soul haha.

Hope everyone is having a good week so far!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I am sure we all respond or comment on things when we shouldn’t. Your new bling sounds great. Your huggies will look great. I can’t wait to see them.

Junebug, sorry to hear your DH is traveling through next week. I am glad you are doing better today. We are here for you. I am right there with you on feeling down and blah about it. Thank you for reminding me I’m not alone. I appreciate it.

Missy, sorry you have the blues too; it sounds like we are all kind of down this week. We must need new bling! So far Marty has been right; the other smoke detectors are behaving. I hope your dermatologist appointment went well. We cooled off here this week; it was 47 on my way to work and when I put gas in my car on the way home I needed a jacket; it was a COLD breeze out there. I need to go read your article. I worry way too much.

Kristie, I hope none of us has a sneak attack at Nordstroms but I admit I am not sure what that means.

LLJsmom, I am glad you are doing better.

I talked to Marty on FaceTime tonight. He is swamped with projects right now and really tired. He isn’t going to do anymore Redeye flights. He doesn’t get back to DIA until midnight Thursday (actually Friday am) and then has about a 90 minute drive to get home. He’ll be a couch potato on Friday.

I wrote Whiteflash yesterday about another band. I inquired if they could put bigger diamonds in their 3mm scattered diamond band knowing full well the answer would probably be no. I can have them put diamonds in the middle but it wouldn’t be scattered. I might go with a 3mm channel set band. Sadly the renewal for plates for my car showed up and I just paid off our new appliances so maybe I shouldn’t be buying another band right now. I know you’re laughing and saying - sure Marcy like you’ll pass up buying another ring.

Work is rolling along this week. The possible employee swap is being discussed but I am not being consulted. It’s not evolving as well as I hoped but still may turn out okay. My problem employee is pretty happy and smug so he must be getting reassured they are moving him somewhere.

Take care.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs,

Marcy, I hope the work situation works out for you and that you just don't have to deal with your problem child anymore. I totally get wanting another band. I am wanting some jewelry now too, but it's not too bad. I am not in full blown project mode. It will be great when Marty gets home. You can veg out with him. Sometimes that is just the best thing to do.

I've been painting my nails a lot, and doing a little more running, and in denial about other stuff. I am being bad.

Well, like Scarlett O'Hara said, "After all, tomorrow is another day..."

Hope everyone has a good night and a much better day tomorrow.

Oh yeah, I totally forgot. I have a pair of black pumps. Stuart Weitzman.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181832859242?ssPageName=STRK:MEUNSOLD:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1562.l2649

Does anyone fit this and is interested? I will just send it to one of you girls. My treat. Don't pay me anything. I'm sick of looking at it, and I don't want to accept less than $30 for a brand new pair of shoes.

Just let me know...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, I love those earrings and hope you love them when you receive and wear them. Looking forward to ear pics! Yay for purchases that satisfy our bling urge and that don't break the bank. :appl:

Junie, I hear you and me too haha. I am already worrying (LOL I have to stop that!) about the colder weather and the skin issues it might flare while I am sweating like crazy during this heat wave. I cannot get cool ugh. But still it is better than winter I agree. Though after the heat I realize I cannot move anyplace that is hot much of the year. No I need a temperate climate or I will just stay here. I also feel badly for anyone who is working outside in this heat.
I have trouble breathing outside and inside for that fact while waiting for the trains. There is no air ventilation and it is truly difficult to breathe.

I am sorry your dh is away till next Thursday and I know the days will go by quickly. Are you going to your mom's today? Do you have any plans with your son this or next week?

Marcy, Wow, 47 degrees. Gimme some of that pretty please haha. Sounds like heaven right now! Let me know what you think when you read the article. It seems a few of us NIRDIs are ruminators. My mom says I have been like that ever since I was born LOL. Not my fault right? Oy. Well being aware is the first step to breaking the worrying cycle so I am working on it. I really am. Of course I have been aware of it for years but now I am focusing harder on this and trying not to worry :cheeky: about the worrying.

I am glad you got to chat with Marty on FaceTime. I never heard of that but it sounds like Skype which I also never tried. What a trip back he has and I am with him re red eye flights. I never liked them as it is hard to get back on a normal wake/sleep cycle at least for me. Hope his return trip goes as smoothly as possible and that he gets to nap on Friday.

Very exciting about the possibility of getting a new WF band. Keep us posted because we would love to get some new NIRDI bling. Hahaha it feels like it is ours when any of us gets a new pretty. Is that bad?

Good luck with your child employee. I hope it works out just the way you want it and your energies are best focused on areas that really matter vs dealing with difficult people at work.

LLJsmom, hi there. I also did my nails. Well my toenails. I painted them a new color on Monday and not sure I love it. A Red/Orange color from Zoya called Sooki. I think because it is so different than any or my normal pedicure colors (I usually do black cherry colors) it looks weird and I probably just have to get used to it. Hope your running is going well and that you wake up feeling great today. I love that Scarlett O'Hara quote about tomorrow being another day and it is the perfect quote for moving forward. Sometimes being "bad" or indulging ourselves is very very good and allows us to rejuvenate and feel better about everything. (((Hugs))). And I hope your SW pumps find a good home! Generous offer and I hope one of the NIRDIs take you up on it.

Callie, hope you had a good rest of the day yesterday. No news yet about the boat and I am trying NOT to worry. Oy oy oy. I am being tested aren't I. Well I know this is life and that's how it goes. One day at a time. Hope you enjoyed the rest of the day and stayed nice and cool and comfortable inside where it is air conditioned.

Girls, a boat that was anchored near us since Friday (since Friday that is crazy right? No dock just anchored in the bay) broke away from its anchor yesterday and went onto our property.

We only know about it from our security cameras and called the Police who called the Coast Guard who then made the police go there anyway. They told us now they are trying to contact the owner. But it is a day later and no news yet. I am anxious about this because of the potential damage that can occur from a boat hitting against our bulkhead.

The real worry I have is that the boat will damage our bulkhead which was quite expensive to build and then fix during Sandy and is critical to our protection especially during hurricane season! Good luck to us if this boat does damage our bulkhead in collecting from the owner. I think we all know how that goes.

Anyway really hoping the owner becomes aware and moves his boat off our property before damage is done to our bulkhead. I mean who leaves a boat anchored for 5 days anyway? That's what docks are for yanno? I was pretty frustrated yesterday and still waiting to see what happens.

And the boat is still there this morning. :(( WTH.

Have a great day girls. Today is my Monday and let's see what adventures the day holds for us all. I am hoping for peace and relative quiet and for everything to go smoothly for us all! (((Hugs))). Leaving you with a pic of the boat from yesterday.

Also, here is a lovely article and video about cats in Istanbul. Such a sweet video!

http://www.wsj.com/video/in-istanbul-the-cats-are-king/CCF57189-8193-4C6B-9588-14C4A679114A.html

http://www.wsj.com/articles/why-istanbul-should-be-called-catstantinople-1439942244

Attachments

• boatonproperty.bmp
    660.1 KB · Views: 291

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy,
Happy Monday! don't you work too hard today.

That stray boat is a pain! Around here it's cats and goats and the occasional cow haha
Your waterfront looks so calm without anything sitting on the water at the edge, so I hope the owners show up. Have you searched the vessel for pirate booty? :naughty:
There is that tropical storm Danny building out in the Atlantic, so I mirror your concerns.

Marcy, 47 degrees - wow. sounds wonderful.
It's exciting that you are looking at a WF.It's too bad that they don't do the custom that you want. That is what has kept me from going forward - I need a bit of a size-down on the bracelet and would have to have the adjustment done locally. I have this great idea that we both get something WF. Maybe they would do favors for two great PSers??? hm-m

LLJsmom - your comment "full-blown project mode" makes sense: not caring about bling, to flirting with bling, to buying small items, to "full-blown". It's a definite pattern.
We probably all have so much jewelry - but that's not the same as NEW jewelry, eh?
I wish those pumps fit - it's kind of you to offer them to us and I hope there is a Cinderella among the NIRDIs for whom they would be a perfect fit.

June, perhaps we should have a special Sunday edition of this thread. Sundays can be so oddly quiet and kind of sad, but I'm glad the time goes quickly for you when your DH is away.
Oh - I only bought ONE huggie LOL so it's an even tinier purchase.
SO good for the soul - something to wait for at the mailbox, wear, and put a smile on your soul.
I am remembering the early days of diamond shopping online - waiting and waiting for UPS, then pouring some wine and sitting in the sun to open the multiple boxes. That nice feeling of [[[love :love: ]]] then writing all about it on PS.

I had my French Conversation club yesterday and voila! I spoke! Many times! I am the neophyte, so they talk baby-talk with me, then go on to have interesting, lively conversations while I sit with that deer-in-the-headlights look on my face.
But it was so exciting to have gotten over the fear of talking in one month of Pimsleur study. When I think that I was afraid to say "bonjour" while in France - wow. It's exhausting, but so much fun, & must be growing dearly needed new brain cells as well.

Good day to all my NIRDIs

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy. Seriously?!? Who leaves their boat floating around?? I can see forgetting shoes at the gym but a freakin' boat? Come ON!! I sure hope the owner claims it before it does damage. Can't you accidentally untie it or release it? Oops? Did something happen to it? I have no idea where it went...

Jimmianne, congrats on joining the conversation, well at least saying something. that is hilarious. They "baby talk" with you and then continue on with their own conversation. Sounds like me at a chemistry group session in college. Once I am lost, I stay lost. Lol!! I'm sure you're getting a lot more out of your sessions. Brave girl to take on something new and that challenging. I know you have more brain cells tHan before. Bravo!!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
5 days? Disposal by abandonment.

Greg can get his cannon out and get some target practice :bigsmile:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh dear, a little excitement, perhaps.
I just spoke with WF about the 2ct/3 prong bracelet and I want it. Now. But the search was supposed to be a week's worth of distraction while DD travels! I told WF I had to draw out the process as long as possible and would get back to them : )
"As the NIRDIs turn" indeed. If I get it, that means one of you has to [[[go blingy]]] next week. please??

Missy, we should all come over for a boat ride before the owner shows up! Hope your "Monday" was good.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha so funny. :lol: I love you girls. You're the best. I am in a rush because just got home with Greg and we are preparing dinner but don't want to leave you hanging. And thank you for the support and laughs!

LLJsmom, don't I wish! What happened was the anchor's chain broke off causing the boat to drift right onto our property. But who could blame him right? I mean if I was a boat I would also want to go to our home lol.

Kristie, HA, wish we could. But the boat's far too pretty to shoot it to pieces anyway. I like the saying possession is nine tenths of the law cause that sweet boat would be mine. On my property for over a day? It's mine then OK? :wink2:

Jimmianne, I am with you. Let's put that boat to good use. C'mon over and we can get the party started. :dance: :appl:

Ooh I hope you get the bracelet Jimmianne!!! No waiting necessary if you are sure. I know we can find some bling search projects for you to take up your time. No worries!

Boat resolution (as of now because I am still waiting to see if this holds OMG). The police went over again this morning (because my dh called them again since the boat was still there) and he spoke with a man who was trying to dig the boat out and off our property into the sea. The man (not the owner) had tried last night during high tide but he couldn't get the boat out so he was back this morning when the cops showed up and was working hard to get it out. Success!

But they anchored it again in the bay. Huh. :shock: Story is this as per the police who spoke with Greg after they spoke with the person trying to free the boat who I think is Mike our neighbor 2 doors down.

The owner of the lovely boat went on a trip with Mike's son and left Mike in charge of watching the boat. LOL. That didn't go well because the anchor broke and Mike was apparently unaware for many hours that this had occurred. We called Mike first (before we called the police and coast guard) as we thought it was something like this but Mike never called us back though we left a message and I also fb'd the wife. Shows you what thoughtful considerate neighbors they are right? I am telling you we have some very odd neighbors. We are still waiting for a call back. Finger tapping emoticon here please.

Latest pics of the boat now. Keep in mind these pics are from the security camera so not great quality. You can see Mike in the kayak leaving the boat right back where it was. LOL. We also still don't know if there is any damage to our bulkhead however we will see it in a few days and hoping there is not any damage. Fingers crossed!

Have a good night all and see you in the morning. :wavey:

ETA: OK they did call this morning around 10AM and left a message on Greg's mobile which apparently is not working very well since he didn't get a notification. It appears they (Mike and Marian yes real names I am pissed haha) are the ones that are away and left the boat in the charge of their sons. Oy oy oy. They did not sound very apologetic (and at the time didn't realize the boat is no longer on our property) and in fact said they cannot do anything about it and when they get home they will see what they can do. HUH? :angryfire: :sick: That is why I (and Greg who doesn't get pissed as easily as I do) am pissed.

If this is now their boat what the heck? They are just going to leave it anchored in the bay instead of getting a dock? They are also not very responsible and in fact it took them over 2 years to fix the wreck of their backyard after Sandy's wrath which was dangerous as they had no protection from storms for that long stretch of time. :knockout:

boatrescue.jpg

boatrescuepic2.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
looks like it's still close enough for Greg's cannon target practice :naughty:

ps. haha yes. I can buy the bracelet now and then something else next week. Of course!
Why didn't I think of that?!
I like how you think, Fearless Leader.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, I think things are progressing with the employee exchange. The lady they want to swap with me was informed today about the possible swap and wants to talk to me tomorrow. Doing your nails and running sound like good distractions. You are in California, right? Is it really smoky where you live? I love your Scarlett O’Hara quote.

Missy, the wind chill (in August) made it feel like 38 this morning. I turned on my heated mattress pad last night. I agree, it is exciting when any of us NIRDIs get new bling; it’s like “our” collections keeps growing. They can do a 3mm comfort fit band with ten .02 ACA melee but that would only have 3 to 4 diamonds facing up. The custom channel set band would have fourteen 3 pointers but comes in at $1625. Since I am not sure I’d love it with my ering that’s a few hundred more than I’m willing to spend to have a 4th band YKWIM? Between the 2 choices I would like the channel set band more. Maybe Marty is just going to have to take me to Houston so I can shop at WF in person. Oh no about the boat! I hope your bulkhead is okay. If there is damage maybe your insurance can go after the boat owners. GRRRRR!

Jimmianne, that would be great if we get a WF discount. I will go look up that bracelet. Can they make your bracelet smaller? Your French is coming along great. Bon nuit! I remembered something.

Kristie, I like the idea of target practice with that boat.

LLJsmom and Missy you make me want to paint my nails and toenails tonight. Good idea!

I went to work late then had to run home for lunch so my morning was short. My cleaning lady was here today. This afternoon I did the work I normally do in the morning.

I went to the mall and had supper then looked at bands at Kays, Riddles and Zales. Don’t worry I didn’t buy anything or even try anything on.

What do you guys think of bead set melee? I don’t tend to like it because the diamond doesn’t stand out from them but then again I don’t think I own anything with it either.

Have a great Thursday.
Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you see on the news someone found 300 gold coins worth 4.5 million dollars in about 2 feet of water about 10-15 feet from the shore? Just think of the bling we could buy with that?

I just wrote back to WF with a counter proposal. My problem with a $1600 channel set band containing 3 pointers and less gold is that my 5 pointer channel set band from them with more gold was about $300 less. Something doesn't add up in my mind with that. The 3 pointer channel beat set they have online is a little over $1000. So I asked if they could make that one in YG and have it channel set. If not I sent a link to the same website they got my custom Danielle band from. I'll see what options and prices they give me on that. This is my 4th stinking band; I am not willing to go with something as pricey as $1600. If I'd quit buying bands . . . :bigsmile:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I love your idea of going to Houston to shop at WF personally! Go for it and take lots of pictures.

I am craving a setting right now. How do these urges strike so suddenly and with such ferocity???

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...rm-2-4ct-oec-in-new-single-stone-halo.182455/

always loved this...

I wonder at what anniversary could I convince DH to buy this for me. Probably 25th. And I would love an E, VS2 AVR to come with it. Yup, that is what I want. Maybe I should tell him now...

Ok, just looked at the prices of an E. Holy cow. I could probably live with a G or H from Victor, or an AVR. covet, covet, covet...

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ya'll are making me laugh.
Marcy, I'll meet you in Texas! I told WF yesterday that I was going to come right over. So...great minds think alike : )
The hunt is on!
They can make the bracelet smaller, but suggested I have it sent out to try on first. There is a discount for: already being a customer, wire transfer, and diamonds taken off if it's made smaller. You could not ask for better customer service and quality. They are an outstanding company, I think.

LLJsmom, That's why I'm a K-girl. The bigger the diamonds get, the lower the color.
Now if only pesky inclusions were not bothersome, boy could I have a ROCK!
I don't know whether to be happy for you or send condolences for your SUGU [sudden upgrade urge].

But it is fun that the bling madness seems to have reemerged here.

Oh! I saw "my man" yesterday at breakfast. The one for whom I went back every week for a while just to check out again. Again I felt a connection. But he had no idea who I was... and here I thought we were going to ride off into the sunset haha.

This reminds me of a funny thing. I was putting together an art show and hired a musician to play for the opening. He was a little younger, but there was this great connection and I thought he was flirting. After the show he came up to me and said how much he admired me! yay! and then he said "You are an inspiration. I hope when I get to be your age I can still make art" :lol: whoops! so I hit him with my cane [not really]

So for now I will stick to A Girls' Best Friend. What do you think - cat? dog? diamond?
I hope you all have a lovely day in every way, dear NIRDIS.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls! I slept rather poorly last night so please excuse me for not being too coherent or responsive in my post this AM.

Marcy, I think it sounds like a channel set band with more diamonds would suit you best and I agree that it sounds steep for what it is. I think a trip to WF is in order. Go and take lots and lots of pics like LLJsmom suggests OK? :love:

Wow on the treasure find. Wouldn't that be lovely if we could find a treasure and then retire to our NIRDI compound. :appl:

Good luck with the employee exchange. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you!

LLJsmom, SUGU fever Oh no! G or H VS2 AVR sounds lovely and more reasonably attainable vs that E color and personally I think G or H is gorgeous for an antique (or AVR) diamond. :love: 25 years is not that far off. Maybe an early anniversary gift? :cheeky:

Jimmianne, ooh, have you gone up and chatted with him? Sometimes men are shy and need the woman to make the first move. Go for it girlfriend. You have nothing to lose! And to answer your question all of the above! Cat, dog and diamond. The purrrfect trio! :appl:

Question for my NIRDIs. I am in search of a silk pillowcase to sleep on because I have been using satin and I think silk is superior. However during my Amazon search there is a vast array and all of them have a good number of negative (though the majority are positive) reviews and when I read those negative reviews I just don't know what to buy. They all sound like valid negative reviews.

Which brings me to my question...Do any of you have a recommendation for a 100% silk pillowcase? Please share if you do and thank you.
Here are the top contenders of my Amazon search.

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_nr_p_72_0?fst=as%3Aoff&rh=n%3A1055398%2Cn%3A1063252%2Cn%3A1063274%2Cn%3A3732831%2Ck%3Asilk+pillowcase%2Cp_85%3A2470955011%2Cp_n_material_browse%3A316565011%2Cp_72%3A1248915011&keywords=silk+pillowcase&ie=UTF8&qid=1440066064&rnid=1248913011

Have a good day girls!

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a question also.
In your opinion Is a 2ctw WF tennis bracelet too small in terms of wowappearance?
Someone said their 2ct [BN] bracelet was nice but not wow. I was hoping the wow would come from the sparkle.
LLJsmom, you recently got a WF bracelet, if I am recalling correctly. Do you wear it a lot? what do you think of the diamond size? I know it's larger than I've been considering. I can't tell from the website how the various weights compare. I really don't want to spend the extra money, and not sure I want a bracelet that would look over-dressed for farm chores lol, but should I consider a higher carat weight??

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1440081538|3916729 said:
I have a question also.
In your opinion Is a 2ctw WF tennis bracelet too small in terms of wowappearance?
Someone said their 2ct [BN] bracelet was nice but not wow. I was hoping the wow would come from the sparkle.
LLJsmom, you recently got a WF bracelet, if I am recalling correctly. Do you wear it a lot? what do you think of the diamond size? I know it's larger than I've been considering. I can't tell from the website how the various weights compare. I really don't want to spend the extra money, and not sure I want a bracelet that would look over-dressed for farm chores lol, but should I consider a higher carat weight??

Jimmianne, 2 ctw is GREAT for wow factor. My mom has one, not from PS vendor but very white and sparkly stones and it is beautiful. Super super eye catching. I will look for a picture and post it. It looks great all the time. I love that it is casual and fabulous. A thin line of sparkly gorgeousness. And I think a 2 ctw would look great stacked too! Until I got my Love bracelet, I was wearing mine daily. Mine is not from WF, but from a local vendor. I am happy enough with mine but I am sure WF's stones are even more beautiful. Mine is 4.7 ctw, on a 5.25-5.5 inch bracelet. I like mine with very little room. I wear it all the time, shower, chores, dishes. Only when I'm running or something with a lot of jump in do I take it off. Honestly my eyes have gotten so accustomed to the pretty bling in my wrist and how happy I am every time I look at it that I could not bear to take it off. I'm not wearing it now bc I am a little worried about looking OTP with diamond tennis on one arm and a Love on the other. I'm starting to miss it again so it may end up back on my wrist soon.

I think a 2ctw from WF would be so so fabulous. SERIOUSLY makes me want one too so I can go a little less blingy and wear my LOVE too. Weirdly enough, I would not mind 2 tennis bracelets at all. And a 2 ctw is so much more affordable than 4-5. Ok going to the website now.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, here are some pics from the gem show, and these are the smaller 2 ctw bracelets. See how you can totally see them even from a distance? And you can stack, and they don't take away from other pieces, yet you can still so clearly see that line of sparkliness?

_22034.jpg _22032.jpg _22036.jpg

This last one is mine. Different look altogether.
_23300.jpg

I think a 2 ctw is like a staple. You can wear it all the time, every day, a bang around piece of casual fabulousness. I LOVE this size.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom,

Oh wow -
thanks for all your input & taking the time to post photos! Very Helpful.
I think the 2ct is good!
and I like your glam size bracelet extremely very much and want that size as well! :naughty:

baby steps, just like solitaire - start with little, get used to it, get bigger...so on and so forth.

maybe these are like bands - you can never have too many.
I'm glad that you are loving your LOVE :dance:

Maybe we should have a wrist-stack-photo party in a while.

House cleaner just left - boy did I get used to that luxury fast. Now off for a massage for my poor overworked farm back . I had my nails done yesterday...
Girls, I am on a roll :appl:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I totally forgot you have to navigate the NY subway system and city streets in this heat :knockout: Ugh, that must be brutal! I agree, I couldn't live somewhere where it's really hot a lot of the time.

And yikes about the boat! Sorry for the added worry, and I'm hoping there's no damage from it. And yeah, is the game plan to just dock it in the bay like that :confused:

Marcy, sounds like Marty will be home this Friday? That's great! Although, yes, he'll probably be a bit wiped out for a day or two. I don't know how these guys do it, I would be useless for at least a week if I did so much traveling!

A WF 3 mm band sounds pretty awesome to me! I think it would look great with your ering, but I understand not wanting to spend the money if you're not totally sure. Ugh, I'm dying to make a bling purchase but we just bought a dining room table and chairs, which has really put a damper on my bling buying ;(

Still hoping things work out and your troublesome employee gets relocated :pray: Honestly, he sounds very irritating, even just going by your description of his smug behavior :nono:

LLJsmom, I hear ya, I'm pretty good at being in denial lately too lol - I love painting my nails because it helps me to not think about other stuff :cheeky: Glad to hear you're running again - hope you're feeling ok and having a good week.

Jimmianne, I love the idea of a 2 carat bracelet! If I was getting one that's what I'd go for - don't get me wrong, the ones with larger stones are obviously amazing! I love them all, that's my problem. ;( But I can see myself getting a lot of use out of a 2 carat and I love the delicate string of sparkle. LLJsmom's pics are awesome, they're making me want one! :wall:

Yeah…Sunday nights…I feel like I'm basically just sitting around waiting for Monday to begin haha!

It's wonderful that you found a group where you can converse in French! It sounds like fun, and I agree, I think it's good exercise for the little grey cells.

Hope everyone is having a good Thursday…the good news is tomorrow is Friday woo-hoo

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
June, we should "work it" : each of us will buy something, one person/one blingthing at a time so the fun is spread out over the whole year. A plan? : )
This purchase [if I actually go through with it & I'm sure with my dear enablingers I will] is a celebration of almost four years of estate stress being wrapped up! That's my excuse.
But I'm not sure one is needed.
How about "I'm buying bling for absolutely no reason at all except I want to!" ???
That's even better...

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

LLJsmom, I certainly go through spells when I want a new setting. The ring you love is gorgeous. I think your DH should plan on getting you a ring just like that for your 25th. I love your pictures of your bracelet. It is very pretty. You know when I decide to get a new setting for my ering probably NONE of my bands will go with it.

Jimmianne, I think WF is a top-notch company to deal with. You are right you can’t beat their customer service and quality. We would have a blast shopping at WF, wouldn’t we? I am anxious to see if you get that bracelet, I looked it up last night, it is very pretty. LOL to bling madness; I am certainly utterly mad. My tennis bracelet is a 2-carat and I like the size; it is sparkly even though it’s not from WF. Like LLJsmom said it is a nice everyday size and works great to stack. I don’t think you need a reason to buy some bling; you want it so why not?

Missy, I hope you sleep well tonight. Maybe that boat was marking a spot of buried treasure in your bay? Ooh a silk pillowcase sounds nice.

Junebug, Marty will be home tomorrow and he has the day off. Did you get your new dining set for the beach house? I am sure you’ll enjoy it as much as new bling. If I get the 3mm channel set band this will be my third one; I think that should tell me I like that size. Funny you should mention my employee’s smug behavior. I heard today one of the managers he went to ask to transfer to his department demanded that he would only work M-F during the day. That department runs 24x7 so weekday days and hours are a coveted position; no one coming in the department is going to get them.

I got more done at work today. I was working on our little department booklet and lost about the last hour worth of work. It was completely a blonde moment on my part too.

Work was interesting. The possible employee swap isn’t as exciting to me as it once was. I met with the lady and I swear she could be my problem child’s twin sister. She came loaded with questions written down in a notebook and wrote down everything I said. She wanted to confirm what her boss told her, quizzed me about the job then wanted to talk to the guy who wants to leave the team. Then they kind of watched what each other did. She seemed very much like a princess, demanding and definitely not very thrilled with the prospect of changing jobs.

Marty is setting around Dulles right now for his redeye flight back to Denver. Poor guy is going to be very tired when he gets home.

Have a great evening and Friday.
Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came from my NYT morning read laughing. A few women are going topless in TImes Square...so the Naked Cowboy has started wearing a bra.
:clap:

Good morning and more later.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just ordered the bracelet!!!
It was TIME.
So, ladies, I've done my work for the NIRDI collection.

June, It never occurred to me that Missy had to navigate NY to get to work. Thanks for bringing it up. I am wondering how much of a hardship it is or if it is something you get used to.I remember thinking when I was there - how in the heck do people get their kids to school?! then again, not everyone would want to be in the middle of nowhere with zero public transportation.

Marcy, is Marty painting these days at all? It would be fun to see more of his work. I hope he arrives home in good spirits and gets some much needed rest.

AZ and Callie, have a fun weekend with good weather and watch out for sharknados!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Morning NIRDIS!

Missy, a silk pillow case? It never occurred to me that it would be nice. Hmmmm... I am kinda tired of my old cotton ones. If you find one you like can you share? Speaking of buying things on line, I have been doing even my regular supply shopping in line. I think in the end it saves money because I don't impulse buy.

Marcy, yeah, she sounds high maintenance. I guess you will always have one of those. Sigh... I'm crossing my fingers for you that she won't be as bad as I may seem. I am glad Marty will be back soon. I don't know how you handle so much travel. But I guess you get used to it. Hope you guys just get to enjoy being together and doing mundane things. I actually love doing mundane things with my DH. It's so funny how you always end up getting similar bands, the 3mm. It's like how I end up getting the same kind of tshirt all the time.

Jimmianne, woo-hoo!!! You took the plunge!! I can't wait to see handshots of your bracelet. Those stones will be on FIRE since they are from WF. Super exciting. When will you receive it? And who is the cutie?!?!

Junebug, Callie, Kristie, HI!!!!

I've been wearing my LOVE on my right hand because in the end I like the same color on one arm. Nit clashes with my ering. Lol. But I love it on my right arm. Just a bummer I scratch and bump it more. I'm also reading Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. It's historical fiction about the battle of Gettysburg. My son has to read it bc he is going to DC with his 8th grade class and his assignment is to read it and answer 26 essay questions about it as prep work. The questions are tough and he doesn't have enough experience deconstructing literature so I am helping him get through certain questions. I must say that if I didn't have the life experience of 43 years, I would have a lot of trouble answering these questions in a meaningful way too. My poor brain is very tired, but it's definitely a worth while endeavor. Also, Everest is coming out. It's about the Into Thin Air story written by Jon kraukuer, about his climbing Everest and the disaster it was. I read those book about 15 years ago and just loved it. I'm trying to get my kids to read the book before seeing the movie.

Have a great Friday girls, and wish me luck that I don't eat 6 chocolate cookies while working in essay questions!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

I promised that I would write, right? Well, I have so many times and so many things have happened. I had an awesome vacation, it feels like it lasted forever even though it was well 2.5 weeks with the travel time but it was like a life changing experience to me. I absolutely loved it and had a wonderful time.

I did of course do bling related stuff too, that was obvious I think. :angel: Many other things too though. Maybe I will write to you all about that offline. I did shopping, new dresses, lingerie stuff, of course as usual lots of cosmetics, beach stuff, culture, fun stuff, night programs and many other things trying out a new lifestyle with a new person seemingly nicer than the other ones preceding him. :bigsmile: That is a good thing.

You have no idea how stressed out I left, I could not believe it could go on much longer like that but told everyone that I will be unavailable. Now I came back totally relaxed, an entirely different person for many reasons. It seems that the troubles I have had are nothing and they used to upset me, hope this lasts. The only difficulty is that being in a LDR is very tough sometimes but maybe not so much if you see a future.

Girls, I need to read this thread but that will take forever. I love the beach pix and I love 2 ct tennis bracelets, I own one, I find it super gorgeous and delicate, very versatile to wear. Mine was vintage and branded, got it at a great price. I do not wear it as often these days as I am wearing my Art Deco diamond watch most the time and would find both together perhaps an overkill though not so much for evenings.

I will be doing lots of bling projects in the coming months, lots of fun to me.

I did have culinary delights too of course and cooking projects I have not had in a long time, I love cooking, I just prefer cooking for others. Cooking ranged from my national foods to French style, fish and so on. Yumm. I think I need more cooking time, it so relaxes me when I have the company and someone to enjoy it. ;-)

Have a great weekend and hope we will be talking here more. I have also written some of you privately and may write my accounts of the vacation privately too. I missed you girls sooo much you cannot believe it. As I have said before the reason I was not posting here was because I wanted to change my username and it took a while and also because I prefer not posting so much private stuff here.

You girl rock though and are among my best friends who have always been there for me. :love:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:
SO good to hear that you had great stress-busting experience!
I hope there will be at least a few details here to savor. Of course, I want to hear it ALL.
I love your name AND your avatar.
yay!!!

ps. I hope you don't get lost in the thread trying to do a re-cap. I get lost going back only one day. So, bless you : )

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks Jimmianne!!! So great to hear from you. Really, really missed PS. Of course I will be totally lost, I will likely give up before getting lost. :bigsmile: I remember it used to be that I would get lost after a couple of days but I can also always try to rejoin and pick up now. I am sure I missed tons. Hope to talk to all of you soon. :appl: :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great name, Sunstorm, love it!!! :wavey: :appl: So glad to hear you had a wonderful vacation, you sound like you're ready to land with both feet on fall and winter now!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results