carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

Missy, it is a bummer that your bike is out of commission but I am so impressed with the amount of miles you have logged! That is amazing!
Look how far you have come! Wow and wow. That seems like a huge accomplishment to me

Callie- the wedding is set for August 20 of this year. We will fly over on the 16th. We just talked to DH's dad today and they are planning on coming for sure. I am so excited because hubby's mom has been battling breast cancer this year. Since we have booked a house, they will be able to have their own room with a attached bath and a little more room to enjoy the view and the pool. It seems like it would be more relaxing for them to me. DH's dad, of course, offered to help with the cost, but I have told him that I am going to fight him on that. It would be so fun just to be able to do something nice for him.

This is really going to be a memorable vacation because all my kids will be coming. That sound like such a normal thing, but one of my kids has been battling a heroin addiction for almost 10 years and he has been in rehab and clean for about 6 months. We have gone through this so many times, and I would have never attempted to include him in something like this, but he is so different this time. It hasn't been about him getting clean for his dad and me or even his family this time. Every time I see his sweet face I am more encouraged.

Jimmianne, your pictures are so beautiful! I love the shots you included. The picture with the umbrellas is my favorite. The house is wonderful and just looks so french! (like duh)

Junebug, Kellie is a great name, don't you think? I have always loved it. Funny thing, her name was originally spelled Kelly on her birth certificate. We thought she was going to be a boy so we really hadn't discussed the spelling of Kellie. DH got a liver infection the night my water broke and I couldn't talk to him after she was born. So being 22, I was not going to step out of the box and make that decision on my own, so when I had to fill out all the papers, I went with Kelly. So she comes home from 1st grade one day and says that she doesn't like the way her name is spelled and she wants it to be spelled with an 'ie' at the end. That was really what I was afraid to do when she was born so from then on, it has been spelled with and 'ie' at the end. Her middle name is Ann, and I can't even count how many Kellie Ann's we have met. Years ago, I bought some little cards that had the kids names on them, and a definition of what their names mean. I was amazed at how accurate the name meanings were to their personality. Kellie- was said to mean 'warrior maid' and that is so true. Suffice it to say the the child is lucky she lived through her teenage years. Really really lucky. I was scared to death I had other children when she hit 16. I am so glad now, that I didn't take her out, because I absolutely adore her. Couldn't imagine life without my girl. She went to the fire station on Father's day to see her dad and took a pic in front of his rig with him just like she had a million times when she was a little girl. It was so cute.

Well, time to get ready for sleep. It was over a hundred degrees today here and I am so sticky. Yuck, it's only June. I need to head to the beach.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, love those photos. Beautiful scenery and like luv2sparkle my favorite pic is the one with all the umbrellas. I love the french stone house in the countryside. I appreciate that architecture and on our bike ride we pass a few homes like that and it feels like France. Charming. I am glad you bought a scarf and I am sure it is beautiful. Looking forward to hearing more deets about your trip and seeing more pics too.

Junie, it's all happening so fast though I am sure from your perspective time might feel differently than to those observing it from the outside. I am excited for you as you know because this is such a wonderful time in your lives. I know it seems crazy but I loved moving into a new house with all the amazing possibilities that lay ahead. It was exhilarating and I hope you have as smooth a move as possible. Looking forward to pics whenever you are ready and good luck with the packing!

Callie, hey there and welcome back. What is on your agenda this week? How is your sweet fur baby? Would you care to share any purchases here with us? :naughty: Speaking of ebay purchases btw I purchased white gold thin hoops from ebay yesterday to give the size I like a whirl. They are 40 mm in diameter and very lightweight. Only issue is there are no diamonds. ;( Everything with diamonds in that size were too heavy for my ears so I decided to go ahead and get them in plain white gold and see how I like wearing that size. I am concerned it may get caught in my hair and in that case I will wear them when my hair is up. It will be a good test run to see if I can tolerate such large earrings and then if I love them I can continue my search for diamond hoops that size but that are very light which is not as easy as you think.

Kristie, what's happening with Groovy? The NIRDIs want pics. :appl: :cheeky:
And any updates on Finn and Maggie. What have they been up to lately? Swimming up a storm with their mommy I hope.

Luv2sparkle, what a nice thing you are doing for your in-laws and I am sorry your MIL is dealing with breast cancer. How wonderful she can attend her granddaughter's wedding.

I am so happy for you that your son is attending the wedding also and that he is doing so well. I have a good friend whose son has been dealing with drug addiction for many years now and he is also doing well but it has been a long hard road so I understand at least a bit how challenging it is for all of you. Hugs to you and your family and wishing everyone all the best at this happy time! Yay for good things happening. :appl:

We are getting some of your heat here and OMG it is too hot for me. Sweating profusely emoticon placed here. :/

Marcy, I love Aces and I am sure he is aces in Teddy's and Harold's and George's book so appropriate name. :bigsmile: Please give him a big hug from his aunt Missy. He is a smart dresser to be sure. 8-)

I am glad your flowers are looking good.Wow 111 degrees where Marty's parents are. I sure hope they are staying inside where it is cool and air conditioned. Air conditioner is our best friend in this weather and goodness knows I am using it quite liberally these days!
Sorry about the IT problem and I hope it gets straightened out soon. You're right, you cannot make this nonsense up. Red tape stupidity.

If I remember correctly someone is supposed to be receiving a WF order very soon. Do you have an ETA yet Marcy? Will it arrive in time for your anniversary? We are all waiting very patiently but we are looking forward to you receiving your new bling soon I hope. :appl:
Oh and I will be right over for left over lasagna. See you soon. :lickout: :cheeky:

Thanks everyone for your concerns re the bike but don't worry. I have confidence Greg will get it back to tip top shape. These carbon tandems (tandems in general actually) are complicated and when you ride them as much as we do the wear and tear take its toll even with Greg taking super good care of the bike. That's why we have our backup so no riding will be missed so no worries.

We are entertaining my family this coming weekend at the beach house for a belated Father's Day celebration so I am hoping the weather cooperates. We have ordered a new Costco Portofino offset 10' umbrella (have one on the deck that we got in 2012 it is a monster lol) to be big enough to cover the new dining table outside without having to make a hole in the center of it. The umbrella is supposed to be delivered tomorrow at the beach house. Just keeping fingers crossed it will be a nice day Saturday but if it isn't we will make the best of it.

I hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone,

Sorry been out. Sick. Flu. Ugh!! Trying to get better fast and not do ANYTHING. As you guys know, that is almost IMPOSSIBLE for me. I haven't worked out in 2 days. This will be day 3. I notice that when I don't walk or do stairmaster, my ankle doesn't hurt in the morning. Big hint huh? I am soooo freakin' DENSE, and stubborn. So I am not letting myself go to the gym. Cause if I am there I will do SOMETHING. Geez, I annoy myself. I will be doing a lot of walking on vacay so I better take the time to get better now. Tendonitis is soooo inconvenient.

Luv, the wedding sounds beautiful. I can't wait to see pictures. So lovely that your daughter will dance with her father. And you are so sweet to take care of so many details, from the arch to the cake topper. When my daughter gets married, I want to do thoughtful things too. My mom totally checked out for my wedding. Did not want to do anything, get involved, or even volunteer any input. She was in denial that I was getting married. OH well... Hope that the LV is working for you. I sold another one a couple of days ago. Dang, these things have crazy resale value. But I admit that I take excellent care of my pieces so that probably helps.

marcy I hope audi bear can hold his own. Fresh meat for the rabbits!! That IT stuff? OMG. Ridiculous, but actually not really. Getting support for any software product is such a chore these days. Are you guys on "the Cloud" yet? That sets computing speed back 15 years... You and Marty always eat the tastiest, freshest, healthiest stuff, like Missy. I have healthy stuff too, but it's just not the same...

Missy, crossing fingers that the tandem bike gets better soon. I gotta say. I don't know how you got through the injury and recovery period. I'm on day 3 of not working out and I want to tear all my rapidly thinning hair out. I've got some major issues. The good news is that I haven't lost my sh!t with my kids lately. But that is still more due to reduced sugar consumption. I think back on how painful and difficult that time was for you, getting through one day at a time, you doing what you could and trying to maintain a positive outlook. Did you think that you would ever be biking again, when you were in the middle of it? Hope you have a great weekend, and enjoy the new outdoor furniture. Outdoor furniture is so fun!

Jimmianne, LOVE those umbrellas. You have got to make cards from that pic. It's so great that you had a wonderful time. My family is freaking out about all the pick pockets, and all those stories they hear about. Truly, it's such a buzz kill right now as I am planning. I'm trying not to let their negativity sour the trip. How was your experience with that? Was it an issue? We are going to be a larger party so I wonder if we will be able to take a minivan from the airport to our apartment. I was also thinking about getting a scarf, if I do not find jewelry that I wanted.

Callie, how are you doing? What's your summer going to look like?

Kristie, how is Groovy doing? Can't wait to see more pics of her. Are you saving Finn and Maggie from the sun? Did you tell them that over-tanning is not a good look?

Ovi, hope you're doing well, and like Missy said, having too much fun to post!

Junebug, saying hi and hope you and your family are doing well.

So vacation purchase? Not sure at this time. As much as I love the VCA pieces, I'm still torn over spending a significant amount on a piece that just may not be that durable. I mean the MOP piece, which I think I prefer more than any other stone on VCA. I'm considering the diamond orchid necklace from Cartier. But then I know I won't be able to see it while I'm wearing it, and that may really bug me. So I'm back to the love bracelet. I know. I know. I'm like a sick addict. You know. Maybe I will wear it on my left arm. The soft bracelets will go on my right arm. There. That should do it. :cry: I can't make up my mind about anything.

So if I decide I want that, should I get it in Europe?? Or should I just wait for home? It would be meaningful to have a piece that I bought in France. I save on tax but I do need to bring it back in. And I don't know if I get it in Europe, will I be able to exchange it in the US if I change my mind. Argh! I don't know.

Ok girls. I have a confession. I am thinking about selling my carre cut eternity band. Seriously, I don't wear it much. I mean rarely. Why did I think I had to have it when I bought it?? I bugs me b/c it is just there... I don't know. Part of the reason I am hesitant is b/c I feel stupid. Why did I spend so much money on it when I don't even wear it? If I had some money back, I could put it toward a piece from which I would get more wear and enjoyment. I either wear my e-ring or nothing. Argh!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey NIRDIs:

I've been a little absent around here, I'm dealing with estate problems from my BIL/SIL who *almost* left my DH high and dry and extremely upset. I took over the leg work for the estate and its going to be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks and then I fervently hope to see my husband sleep through the night and not call himself "stupid" or "gullible" ever again.

I haven't gotten Groovy to the jeweler yet, I ought to get that done on Friday just to have SOMETHING wonderful in light of all the flying $#itstorm that is my BIl/SIL hahaha.

Jimmianne, loved your pics. "Travel is broadening" is what people used to say about travel when they would send their young people off to tour Europe/UK etc. I can see you enjoyed it all and it made your world a little more interesting and varied. Plan your next trip. I went by myself in my 20s on Trafalgar Tours (they are through Costco now too) and had wonderful, wonderful trips.

Missy, your NIRIDI anniversary looms. OF COURSE it must be celebrated with a something sparkly, diamond or colored gemstones? Start thinking!!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1435085480|3893147 said:
Hey NIRDIs:

I've been a little absent around here, I'm dealing with estate problems from my BIL/SIL who *almost* left my DH high and dry and extremely upset. I took over the leg work for the estate and its going to be wrapped up in the next couple of weeks and then I fervently hope to see my husband sleep through the night and not call himself "stupid" or "gullible" ever again.

I haven't gotten Groovy to the jeweler yet, I ought to get that done on Friday just to have SOMETHING wonderful in light of all the flying $#itstorm that is my BIl/SIL hahaha.

Jimmianne, loved your pics. "Travel is broadening" is what people used to say about travel when they would send their young people off to tour Europe/UK etc. I can see you enjoyed it all and it made your world a little more interesting and varied. Plan your next trip. I went by myself in my 20s on Trafalgar Tours (they are through Costco now too) and had wonderful, wonderful trips.

Missy, your NIRIDI anniversary looms. OF COURSE it must be celebrated with a something sparkly, diamond or colored gemstones? Start thinking!!!

Kristie, I am so sorry that your DH and you have to deal with estate issues. This can be one of the most stressful things anyone needs to deal with. It's wonderful that you are being so supportive of him. You're right. You do need to reinforce that your DH is NOT "stupid" or "gullible". It's so sad, but sometimes it's the people that are closest to us that disappoint us the most. I hope that his brother and sister and get their act together. My heart goes out to you both.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, Please don't beat yourself up about not wearing the band. We have all been there. Is the band something you would consider giving to your daughter one day? You rarely get much when reselling jewelry. I would much rather one my nieces take a piece I no longer wear and enjoy it than selling it at a fraction of the price. I thought I was the only crazy one about the darn Love bracelet until I met you. I have literally gone back and forth a millon times for the past five years regarding that bracelet. Our wrists are very similar in size and bonyness. I wish they would make one that easily came off and on. If it could be removed daily it would have been on my wrist years ago. I think it would be safer to purchase the bracelet in the US. I would want the option to return it with no problems if I changed my mind. My husband is in London very often and has never made a remark about pick pockets. Is this problem more of a France issue?

Missy, Do you think the bike will be fixed soon? It's a good thing Greg is so handy and can fix anything. I love the table he made. I'm sure this weekend will be a lot of fun for your dad. Will your nieces be there too? How has your mom's leg been feeling? My husband is out of town for the rest of the week so things are pretty uneventful here. My niece called today to say her acne is completely gone.

Jimmianne, Are you feeling back to normal? Did you find the jet lag harder to deal with here or while you were in Paris?

Luv2sparkle, I'm so glad your son is doing so well. I completely understand now why you were saying you had been under a lot of stress. Isn't there a saying that says "you are only as good as your least happiest child". It must gave been so hard to see him go struggle with addiction problem. This wedding sounds like it will be a wonderful time for your family in so many ways.

Kristie, The next month may be a pain but it will be smooth sailing after the estate is settled. You and Bob have each other and that is what is most important. He has your support and that will help him through anything his brother and SIL decide to pull in the next couple of weeks. We are all here for you!

Marcy, I hope all is well with you. When is your new ring scheduled to arrive? I can't wait to see the pictures!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Luv2Sparkle, where will the wedding be? August 20 will be here before you know it. Sorry to hear DH’s mom is battling breast cancer. I am glad to hear your son is doing well with rehab. It sounds like he’s approaching things differently now.

Missy, I can’t wait to see your hoops. I love plain gold hoops but then again if it doesn’t sparkle I don’t tend to wear it. Go figure. Aces, George and Harold are hanging out on the coffee table by the couch. I am sure Marty will give them some “attention” sometime tonight. I’ve been anxiously watching for an email from WF myself but originally they estimated ship date of the 26th and that is this Friday. Sadly I didn’t spend enough to get next day air shipping so it may be Monday before I get them. I am anxious for sure. A family GTG at the beach house will be fun this weekend. Your umbrella sounds huge. Let me know how it does in the wind. We sure need something for our deck but the wind here tears umbrellas up in a heartbeat.

LLJsmom, I hope you get over the flu soon. I am sorry your mom was uninvolved in your wedding. That’s great your LV pieces are selling at a great price. Makes me wish I had some to sell. Marty and I are not in the cloud; Marty has a massive external hard drive that stores everything for us. Marty and I were talking tonight we need to eat healthier. I’ve been buying Ben and Jerry’s or Haagen-Dazs ice cream instead of slow churned too. I have to knock that off. I don’t feel bad eating slow churned ice cream. That’s a tough decision on selling your carre cut eternity band. I love those things but they do cost an arm, leg and assorted other body parts. I also hate to keep something I am not wearing though. I would probably want to buy something from Cartier in France but I don’t know if you’d have to pay taxes on it to get it home. I can’t imagine you couldn’t exchange it at Cartier here if you decide to take it back. Maybe email their customer service online.

Kristie, I am sorry to hear Bob is having issues with his siblings over estate stuff. I am sure he appreciates you taking over some of it for him and he will be delighted when it is all wrapped up. You both deserve something wonderful when this is all behind you.

Callie, my nieces and nieces-in-law have gotten quite a few hand-me-down pieces of jewelry from me. Sorry to hear your husband is gone this week. Marty has hardly traveled lately; his company is cutting back on travel, which is scary because I doubt they will win many projects without the face-to-face contact. I tried to get some photos of my flowers tonight but the wind was blowing so they aren’t very sharp. Hopefully your landscaping will be done soon.

Not much new here. Our cleaning lady came today so we went out for supper. Marty is off at the hardware store again in my car. I asked him who was going to nag at him about speeding?

Have a great evening.
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

LLJSmom, I am sorry you have the flu. :(( The internist at work told us that this long flu season was going to run right into the new flu season and now you have it so I see they are right. That sucks and I am sending you lots of healing dust for a quick recovery! It is great that you are remaining calm and cool with your kids. I had a strong urge for sugar yesterday so I had a huge bowl of cherries. It made me so full I couldn't breathe for a while LOL but it did prevent me from searching for sugar. Not that I would have found anything here as I don't buy any trigger foods for these exact reasons. It is hard to eat badly when there are no bad options around LOL.

As for how I got through not working out at all for those months (June 27-Sept 14th) it was not easy. That was the hardest part of my recovery process. Before I had my accident I had not missed working out a single day for decades. I worked out through injuries and through illnesses with the exception of when I had the flu in 2004 because when you have a fever you should not work out so please take it easy till you feel better. I was seriously nuts when it came to working out and I have a feeling we are cut from the same cloth that way so please take it easy till you are feeling much better and stronger.

During those months I was forced to rest I just took it one day at a time because I had no choice but to do so. I couldn't work out so I made the best of it but my internal battle was very strong and I did my best to quiet the thoughts that were making me feel badly about not being able to work out. It was more of a mental challenge than a physical one if that make sense. You girls helped me through this emotional/mental battle by being here for me every single day. There really are no appropriate words of thanks I can verbalize to properly express my gratitude for all you lovely ladies. I owe you all so much for allowing me to come here every day and cry to you. Your support and caring were and are invaluable. (((Hugs))).

When I was able to work out again I started slow and easy and it felt great and it didn't take me too long to start getting right back into my old workout routine. So missing a few days or even a few weeks will not have any real impact on you physically I promise. And remember if you start back too soon you will set yourself back so better slow and steady. How is your tendonitis? Think of this as a way to also heal your tendonitis because not working out for a bit will help that too. Perhaps a sign from above that a little respite from exercising is a good thing. And it is only temporary so remember that. (((Hugs))) and hope you are feeling back to normal very soon!

I love your Carre cut eternity band and I think you might regret selling it. Not an easy decision. Like Callie I feel that your daughter might appreciate it when she gets older but then you would never sell anything so I wouldn't say not to sell just for that reason. I would more likely say don't sell if you are going to take a huge hit on the cost but sell if it allows you to buy something you will love wearing more. It is a hard decision because our tastes obviously changes over time so who knows how you will feel about it next year. Sorry I am no help but you are talking to someone who has never sold any jewelry and failed with my first attempt to sell those earrings so I could buy another pair so don't take advice from me on this topic. I have a hard time parting with anything. You have much better luck at selling things so if you can sell that band for enough money to make it worthwhile then I say go ahead and get something you will enjoy wearing more.

Kristie, I am so sorry about this whole estate mess and I know you will get this straightened out and make it right and in the process make Bob feel better about things. As we all know in life crap happens and what matters is making it right which I have no doubt you can and will do. In the meantime it sucks though especially because it was his own brother but as we also know we cannot rely on most people even if they are family. You and Bob have each other and know you can rely on each other and in the end that is the most valuable and important thing in life. Knowing you love each other and have each other's back. And you know we NIRDIs are right there with you too. (((HUGS))) and sending you more dust for a good result.

Thank you for reminding me it is almost my one year accident anniversary. That is one anniversary I am approaching with trepidation. Sort of scared to get through that day. Right now it looks like rain so I guess we won't be cycling if it rains but if it doesn't rain you know I will be out there with Greg that day cycling and enjoying ourselves. Good news is Mel *thinks* he found the right part and is overnighting it to us tonight. Fingers crossed it is the right part this time.

Oh and yes I need some bling to commemorate my accident anniversary. And Greg agrees and is still talking about those Edwardian earrings. Will not let myself call Barbara to find out if they are still available for 2 reasons. One I will be so disappointed if they have sold but Two I will feel awful for spending so much right after I just bought those Grace earrings so holding on till they do sell so I cannot think about them anymore. No I will wait for a less expensive but beautiful nonetheless piece of bling. Any thoughts? :naughty:

Hoping you get Groovy resized Friday and can start enjoying her this weekend!

Callie, I am so happy you had a great trip and we are glad you are back. I am sorry Jeff is away now but hope he will be back soon.

Yes my nieces and sister and BIL and aunt and uncle and parents will all be there this Saturday and sadly they are predicting a wet weekend. Last year none of my family visited us at the beach because of my accident so it has been 2 years and now they are coming when the weather will be bad. I am disappointed but living in the NE where we do it is fairly typical for the weather to be rainy much of the time these days. What can you do. Now that means I have to give the house a super cleaning too because even though our cleaning crew was there last weekend all the cat hair has been reintroduced and it is all over the house again. Those dark hardwood floors are unforgiving in appearance compared to the light wood we have in Brooklyn. It is constant cleanup because 4 kitties in the warm weather really shed. My sister has to bring her dog because he is very ill and needs meds around the clock and I was hoping we could all be outside for that reason too as the cats HATE dogs with a passion so it will be stressful being inside for that reason as well. Hoping it all works out and everyone enjoys themselves no matter the weather.

That is the best news about your niece! I think of her often and am so glad she is doing so well! I am still toying with the idea of going on Accutane but keep putting it off and hoping with time I will get back to where I was before last autumn and trying not to think about what will happen when the weather turns cooler. Is she continuing Accutane for now? Do you know when she might be able to stop taking it?

Marcy, I'm glad Aces is settling right in and making himself comfortable. Anytime he wants a beach getaway he and Harold and George are invited you know and even killer bunnies can come. My kitties will keep those bunnies in line. :cheeky:

Ooh I am excited for you and your new bling. I would have paid for that overnighting Marcy and it is still not too late. Just saying...wouldn't it be nice to have to wear this weekend for your anniversary? It still might get here early anyway though so hoping it does and if it doesn't it gives you something delicious to anticipate this weekend.

As for my new hoops I could have bought diamond cut hoops that were shiny and sparkly but I passed on those in favor of the non diamond cut hoops. I thought the diamond cut hoops might look cheesy...so I went for the more classic hoops. If I like this size I will continue my search for diamond hoops that are under 5 grams total. If they exist I will find them. I hear you on not wearing anything without sparkle though. I am generally the same way and this is a test run.

I think that's good news that Marty's company is cutting down on travel expenses. Yay for more Marty time for Marcy. :appl:

The Costco Portofino 10 foot umbrellas withstand the wind wonderfully. Where we are at the bay it is very very windy and our original 2012 Portofino umbrella is still going strong. We like it so much we purchased another as you know and that one is coming today. So I highly recommend it though it is pricey. With tax it is $1070 which is pretty good considering that's what it cost in 2012. There is a chance it will go on sale though for $200 less but so far it is still priced at 1K. Worth it though and as you know Costco stands behind their products.

Enjoy the day girls. It's a workday for me and a busy one at that. Hope everyone has a good day. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lljsmom, I wanted to add for you to remember your workout break will not last forever and being mindful of that fact also helped me get through my forced rest period. So hope that helps you too. This is only temporary. Hugs and hope you wake this morning feeling much better.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodmorning everyone.
I am "almost" back. lol
Meeting someone for breakfast and overslept so this is brief, but to answer questions...
jet lag worse going. combined with trip exhaustion and all the pre-trip fears wow. Use much caffeine.
We were told not to give in to sleep and get on Paris time. I spent the week in a delightful daze. Oh...maybe that was the wine.

Apparently pickpocketing is an "art form" in Paris. I think the problem is at tourist attractions with crowds and long lines. I wore that "Pacsafe" crossbody and it was over-kill. A nice cross-body bag would suffice. I don't think the pickpocket thing is that big a deal. Hope that helps. It was one of my [many, many] fears about international travel. I am such a wuss - or was - this trip helped with that! Every fear & issue I had dissolved and turned out to be no big deal.

I am truly coming back to my NIRDIs and can't wait to catch up with everyone's news.
:appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Enjoy breakfast with your friend Jimmianne and glad you are coming back to us! :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My post got eaten AGAIN!!

Missy, thank you. You inspire me. Your patience, wisdom and strength helped you get to where you are now. I am dealing with just a fraction of what you went through, and I'm just being a whiney little brat about it. Ok, I'm gonna suck it up and face facts. I'm going to get better faster if I am not working out, and it's true. My ankle feels better each day that I do not exercise. Ok, no more whining, more time on PS. :Up_to_something:

Missy, CAllie, thanks for trying to make me feel better about the carre cut. My daughter might like it in the future. But at almost 10, I'm not certain about her love for bling. :lol: She does find my obsession amusing. For me to be ok with my purchase, what I get has to be put to good use b/c my bling funds are so limited. I'm just an economist about stuff that I am always mentally looking at opportunity cost and maximization of utilization. OMG. I make myself crazy. I'll see what I find in Paris, and then if I end up spending more than I should, I will plan on listing it when I get back. I am not sure how much I can get for it. :confused: I at least have a receipt.

Jimmianne, thanks for the very clear picture you painted about the Paris pickpocketing scene. I am going to do exactly as you suggested. Crossbody is the way to go. Glad I didn't sell that other LV.

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom,

you will have such a good time! I can't wait to hear what you think about your trip. But that is getting way ahead of things.
I was thinking of you...I am reading a NYT bestseller [from Amazon]called The Sweet Life in Paris by David Lebovitz. I think everyone would love it - it's fun, helpful to know that even someone who has lived there for six years still gets confused, and it has great recipes.

back to my cave - a breakfast then a lunch out. Planned too much for one day and so twice recounted the trip to friends.
that is it for today. Now to be a hermit.
It has been one week since I got back and coming back to earth has been not something I've wanted to do : )
After being with a big family it's not very exciting to be back on the farm alone with tons of catch-up work.
I haven't even seen Joy yet!

Thank you for indulging these posts that have nothing to do with what's going on in the thread. =)

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey everyone!

Lljsmom, I am so sorry you are dealing with the flu too! Hopefully yours was the quick variety like mine was. I have been dealing with knee pain too and have found it hard and painful to exercise. Have you tried any kind of compression fitting? When you feel healed enough to begin again, these have always helped me. It is a bummer for your mom that she never wanted to help you plan your wedding. She was the one that lost out. But there are some women who just can't do it. For me it is like breathing. I love the details, and for me, it's all about the details.

I agree with Missy, I would wait a bit before you sell your carre band. I find, my enjoyment of bands comes and goes. One day, you might open your jewelry box and be so glad you have it again. They just go with so many things. It is a great solid piece to have.

Thanks everyone for all the well wishes for my MIL. She is done with treatment and surgery and is cancer free. She is 80 so it is taking a bit to get her strength back. I am really glad they are trying so hard to come. I really didn't think they would be able to.

Missy, I will be so excited to see what you will get for your accidentsary. You have come so very far!

Azstonie, I am sorry about the estate problems your hubby is dealing with. I hope he is able to resolve it all and be DONE!

Callie, Thank you for your kind words about my son, Shane. I am so thrilled he is doing well. We have been through multiple rehab stints and many thousands of dollars but I am very hopeful. He seems so much like his old self this time. He is close to home so I can run over and see him. For years, the only time I knew if he was alive was if I got letters from lawyers. Every time he was arrested, I would get a slew. Once he deals with all the court stuff we will see where he stands. He wasn't a really big part of the stress this year. I have been living with his addiction for so long I learned to tune it out. I had zero control so what was I going to do? I really didn't worry. Whatever was going to happen, was going to happen and worrying wouldn't change it a bit.

This year my stress came from my youngest son. Before I say anymore, let me say that there are far worse things in life than all the stuff we have dealt with and I know that. Everybody has stress, somethings are harder for me and someone else would just breeze through it. I am not complaining. It just is. So this year, my youngest made some really poor choices. He was going to a private school and he had played football for the last four years. Because he loved it, we all lived and breathed it. Every thursday and friday, I would go to the school and we (some moms) would cook meals for the team. I grew to love all the boys as my own. Well, the school went on a retreat in October and Casey decided to drink alcohol before he went. One of the administrators heard that he was acting funny and asked him if he had drank anything, and he readily admitted it. They called us and we picked him up. That incident got him kicked off the football team. Bad year to do it, we came close to the CIFchampionship last year, and this year the team was determined to do it. DH and I still went to all the games because we were so invested but it was really hard. We were basically pariahs. I don't fault the parents, they weren't unkind, they just didn't know how to act around us. Should they be excited for each win? They didn't want to seem insensitive. I was a wreck after every game but I couldn't keep myself from going. They lost the CIF title game by 2 points and it was neck and neck to the very last second. Then in December, the night before a party that I had been planning for a year, I get a phone call from the administrator that they had a video of Casey doing drugs with another kid and he was being asked to leave the school. I have no idea how I got through that party. I didn't tell anyone. So from that point on the child never left my sight. I was NOT going to let another kid go down that path. We took everything, phone, iPod, gaming systems-anything he could contact the outside world. No car either. I found a charter school program that he could do most of the work at home and meet with the teacher a couple times a week and I took him. I sat outside and waited until he was done.
In the end, he did well and graduated. He actually was able to be one of three speakers to give a commencement address in front of about three thousand people. He turned it around but there were some tense moments. At one point, Shane came over and wouldn't leave and Casey called the police on him and they came to our house and arrested him. Casey felt responsible and completely came unglued, but I think it was the thing that got a hold of Shane and sent him to rehab and on the road to recovery. If you have read this far and want to see his speech google Casey ____ High school graduation speech 2015. It is on youtube. I won't post the link because he uses his real name.
Anyway, that is what was going on. I know a lot of people go through much worse and this is minor in the scheme of things but there it is.
I have also been surprised how hard it has been with my handicapped son moving to a group home. I am almost an empty nester. I have looked forward to it, but it has hit me a bit hard. That is life, and I will get past it. Hopefully, there will be lots of fun in the next year! I am counting on it!!!!

The joy is Kellie's wedding. I am so happy she is happy. I am looking at it as a last big family vacation. I have to, or it makes me crazy! I never thought I would be paying for two weddings for the same child! It is a blessing to be able to do it, and I look forward to all the moments. She will occasionally get stressed about this thing or another and I just keep telling her we are doing these things for the moments. There are some moments you only get one shot at, so we are going to relish them and document them with photos. Even if her dancing with her dad will be in the house we are renting to an iPhone instead of a DJ. Doesn't matter. It will be special.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, Save the ring for your daughter if it's a ring you wore often in the past. My 24 year old niece and I were talking about jewerly not long ago and she said she wanted a certain ring of mine left to her. I have other rings with much prettier diamonds. When I told her the other rings are worth much more money. She replied that she wanted the other ring becuase it was the ring I always wore when she was a little kid. She said I wore that ring during some of her happiest memories. She doesn't know it but she may end up getting them all! She is such a sweetheart. I feel the same way about my moms rings. Your sweet daughter may feel the same way as she gets older.

Missy, I have my fingers crossed that your bike gets fixed soon. Try not to worry about the weather too much. The weathermen are wrong more than half the time. Everything can change in a few days. I love plain gold hoop earrings. I'm sure they look beautiful on you.

Jimmianne, I'm sorry you are having a hard time with Jet Lag. The time difference is one of the reasons I haven't gone to Europe. I get sick whenever I dont get enough sleep. With my luck I would be sick the whole trip. I hear you with not getting back into reality. Your trip sounded wonderful. How did your animals do with you being gone?

Marcy, Don't get too excited about them cutting Marty's travel. My husband was told the same thing many times and they still had him traveling all the time. It took me a while to adjust to him being home lot once his travel became less frequent. I remember one weekend he was getting in my nerves and asked him if he was sure he wasn't needed in London!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv2sparkle, You sound like such a good mom. Your year sounded very tough. It so hard when kids make bad choices that you know are going to effect them and they seem bound and determined not to listen. We don't have children but we have nieces and nephews we are close to. It breaks my heart when they are struggling. One of my nieces who has struggled makes comments about others having perfect lives. I always tell her life is long and very few of us get through a whole lifetime of never going through difficult times. I'm so glad everything has worked out so well for your daughter. I remember when you posted that she had started dating her fiancé. What great news about your MIL. You have so much to celebrate at the wedding.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Missy, very good point about keeping bad or trigger foods out of the house. Sweets and chocolates call my name for sure. I think your year anniversary is a cause for celebration. Look where you are now! Yay! That would be funny to have your kitties guarding the rabbits! Ha! I might do that overnight option. I keep hoping to see some glamour shots arrive but so far NOTHING. Rats. Classic hoops are one of my favorite earrings. I had some I wore a lot until I lost one on the beach one time. I like Marty being home more but he gets bored working from home and I don't know it's a long term good thing for the business. I will check on one of those umbrellas. I figure wind on the beach can be intense.

Jimmianne, are you adjusting to your local time okay? It does take awhile. Marty doesn't move much other than going from the couch to the bed and back then ends up reading all night. That stinks about pick pocketing. Joy will brighten your day when you get her out. Was Puff glad to see you?

LLJsmom, I always type my posts in word or notepad so I don't lose them.

Luv2Sparkle, I don't have kids but I've helped friends plan weddings and absolutely loved it. It's such an exciting time. That's great your MIL is cancer free. Such a nasty disease and the treatments are horrible. I hate to hear of the issues you've had with your sons; it all sounds very stressful and heart wrenching. I am glad Casey graduated and that your tough love got him through that. I can't help but believe Casey calling the police on Shane was an eye opener for Shane. Hugs to you for all of those heartaches. Kellie's wedding will be special and I am so happy for her, you and that your family will be together.

Callie, that is sweet your niece wants the ring she remembers you wearing during some happy times. It seems like Marty stays home a lot then the last part of the year he's never home. We will see how it turns out for 2015.

Better day at work today. I think the initial shock to the team for changes is over; now it's rolling up our sleeves and tackling the difficult stuff.

They had a burger burn at work today so I went out to socialize and had a burger (gross frozen thing), chips, coke and 1 cookie. I think I'll make breakfast for supper.

Have a great day!
Marcy Crazy Bear Lady

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, I love breakfast for dinner. I have been thinking about that lately. I saw a recipe for waffles from altonbrown.com that looked really good. These days it just seems to be me at home for dinner and I never make them for myself. Waffles, real maple syrup (just a tiny bit) and strawberries sounds pretty darn heavenly....

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Luv2Sparkle, waffles with real maple syrup does sound delicious. I am going to look for that recipe.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, It sounds like the start of a bear addiction. Hey, they are cheaper than diamonds!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs!

LLJSmom, you are so NOT a whiny brat in any way OK? Seriously you are cool and this thread is for sharing our feelings and vents so please don't censor yourself or feel badly about how you feel. I totally get it and believe me I do not feel strong or wise or patient but thank you for saying so. I hope your ankle continues to feel better and heal quickly so you will be back to running very soon. You are a true athlete and experiencing injuries like this really suck when you just want to get back to doing the activities and sport you love. (((Hugs))) for a speedy resolution from your injury and also for recovering from your flu.

Luv2sparkle, you are an amazing mom and you guys have been through more than any family should have to go through. Kudos to you for having the grace and wisdom and courage to get through it the way you did. (((HUGS))) to you. Kellie's wedding will really be a celebration on so many different levels. I hope Shane and Casey and your whole family continue to do well and they have you to thank for all your support love and encouragement. I am in awe of all the wonderful mothers out there and you are right up there!

LOL I love that word you made up haha accidentsary. Now I just need to figure out what I want for it. Not going to have it in time however for my accidentsary as that is just in another 2 days if you can believe it. June 27th 2014. {{{Shudder}}}... it seems ages ago in some respects but in others it feels like yesterday yanno? Oh how I wish I could go back in time. Wouldn't' that be a lovely superpower to have?

First I would go back to 1992 before my grandmother died so I could say goodbye the proper way. Then I would go back to the day Billy died in 2009 so I could have one last day with him because again it was not expected just like what happened with my grandmother. We were not expecting it and I never got to show how much I loved either of them the proper way and I miss them both so much. In many ways I hurt more about Billy but perhaps because that is fresher to me still as it was more recent. The pain of losing loved ones never goes away but not being able to say a proper farewell makes it even harder. And lastly I would go back to June 27th and not go riding that day. ::) But most of all I would want one more day with my grandmother and my Billy. That hurts more than anything. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Callie, thanks. I will post pics of the WG hoops when they arrive. Have your ebay purchases arrived yet?

Kristie, thinking of you and sending love and hugs your way. I am hoping to hear good news from you soon and to that end I am sending lots of PS dust your way too. I believe in the power of PS dust. And it sure can't hurt that's for sure. :appl:

Jimmianne, jet lag is a b***h and hits me pretty hard too. You will be back to normal for sure by next week if not sooner. I think we can all agree France was worth it. I love cross body bags btw and that is all I use these days. I love hands free. It's the way to go.

Junie, hope all is good by you and that your mom is doing well.

Marcy, if you are a crazy bear lady well we all know I am a crazy cat lady. I used to think being married protected us from the crazy (insert animal preference here) lady but sadly I realize that is not true LOL.

I'm glad work is sorting itself out and things are getting back to a comfortable (so to speak) routine. I LOVE breakfast for dinner. What did you end up having to eat last night? Those waffles with syrup that luv was talking about sound pretty delicious.

Those Portofino Costco 10 foot umbrellas are pretty tough and withstand the wind very well. Here is the pic of the one we ordered that came yesterday. Greg went to the beach house to be there for the delivery and he put it together. All ready for our next GTG with my family. Now we just need the weather to cooperate.

outdoortableandchairsbygregwithnewumbrella.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so excited. My ring is ready and they upgraded it to overnight shipping without me even asking. I should have pictures tonight. Yippee.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hiya NIRDIS!

Missy, I love the umbrella! It's a great size and offers a lot of shade, and it looks really nice. My husband and I were looking at it in Costco the other day. I really hope the weather cooperates and it turns out to be nice for your family visit.

Big hugs to you about not saying goodbye, I understand how you feel, I still feel badly about not being there for a childhood pet (was at college). But I guess we shouldn't be hard on ourselves, we don't have control over most things in life and it's just the way things happen sometimes. It's hard, though.

Luv2sparkle, I am so sorry to hear of all the challenges you have faced these past years, you and your family have been through some traumatic and stressful times and my heart goes out to you. It is so hard to see our children going through difficult times. I am really glad both your sons are doing well; it will be so wonderful to be together for your daughter's wedding! And it's great that your MIL is cancer-free and will be at the wedding. It's very thoughtful of you to want to do something so special for your husband's parents. Positive and good things are happening, and I'm happy for you.

That is such a cute story about Kellie changing the spelling of her name! For a while, my daughter was intrigued by the spelling "Keleigh" but she realized it would be a pain to have to constantly spell it out. Although, as it is now, she has to say "Kelly with a y" lol. I guess people with names that can be spelled several ways have to deal with that.

LLJsmom, sorry to hear about your injury, I can really understand how frustrating it is for someone so used to being very physically active. Hang in there, you're doing the right thing by resting and I bet you'll be back to your regular schedule soon.

Don't feel badly about your ring, I think most of us have made at least one purchase (for me, more than that!) where we had a change of heart and ended up not loving something as much as we thought we would. I understand where you're coming from, but I agree with others who say hold off for now. There's no rush, you can sell it anytime you want, but I'd give it a little while just to make sure.

Kristie, so sorry about the estate issues, this kind of family turmoil is so stressful. I'm glad you were able to step in and straighten things out. I hope you can resize Groovy very soon, you deserve it after all this stress!

Marcy, that is so great that your ring was upgraded to overnight shipping! :dance: Can't wait to see it! I'm glad everyone is adjusting to the changes at work, I guess things like that are always such a big deal at first, but eventually everyone wraps their minds around it and gets back to business.

Jimmianne, it's good to hear from you, I know it takes a while to get back to reality after such an exciting time - it can take a while to bounce back from jet lag, too.

Hope everyone is having a good evening!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy Marcy Marcy! I can't wait to see your ring!!!!!

Missy, I would love to have the turn back time superpower! I have so many things I would do again and family I would like to hug and tell how much I love them again. I have always thought I didn't have a whole lot of regrets, but once I started thinking about it, there are so many things I would do again. 20/20 hindsight would be an amazing thing if you had an undo button to go with it. We can't let ourselves spend too much time in that headspace because it is a black hole that can suck us in and keep us there!

Do you feel stronger than you were June 27, 2014? I really think you are. You persevered and came through a really difficult time and you are back on your bike again. That really does need celebrating. Even if it is just with a glass of champagne and a toast to the strong woman you are! The thing about it is, people may say we are strong but we really don't feel it about ourselves. Just like the stuff I have gone through, you are just in the situation and you do what you have to do. So when you get to the other side, you have to just have a moment when you acknowledge to yourself that you made it. So cheers to you, Missy!

I am home by myself another night. DH is working four in a row again. Casey just called me and said someone got into his car when he was at work and stole the head rest to his passenger seat. He had locked it but somehow they opened it. Isn't that weird. It makes me mad too.

Marcy, what did you end up making for dinner last night?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Callie, I would say I’ve crossed in to a bear addiction and yes they are massively cheaper than jewelry. Lucky for me that I have plenty of room to get tons of teddy bears. Luv2Sparkle’s accidentsary is a great word for you. I hear you on being able to go back for one more day with our loved ones. I’d do that in a heartbeat myself. I don’t think being married will protect us from being crazy; oh well we are what we are, right? That umbrella is pretty cool. I will show it to Marty. Thanks!

Junebug, you might need one of those nice umbrellas for your new beach house. I can’t wait until you get moved and settled. Please post a nice ocean shot of the house after you get settled. I love the ocean that is why I live in the middle of the country. Ha! Your discussion about names made me chuckle. When Marty answers the phone he says really quickly and you don’t hear the beginning so he is saying “this is Marty” but you hear “Smarty”. I wore one of my pieces of jewelry regrets today and I just don’t like it anymore. It has 3 rows of channel set diamonds (really small) with three 3mm stones on top. They are teal Montana sapphires. The middle one go chipped so after about 3 months of trying to find a matching sapphire they offered to put a diamond in it. Well the diamond they stuck in the middle was so awful so I refused it and they replaced it with a better diamond but it just plain looked stupid. I finally had a blue diamond but in the middle because at least the colors matched. Sadly I don’t like the ring anymore. I have more battles coming with the 2 people I am making team leaders but I am going to tell them to get over thinking the people 1 to 2 levels below them should do the same quality and quantity of work they do; if I promote them to their level then they have a valid reason to complain.

Luv2Sparkle, I am anxious for my ring too. I bought burgers, fries and shakes for us for supper last night and tonight we ate at Olive Garden. Yes breakfast food still sounds great. Maybe tomorrow night. Turning back time would be a great superpower. You are so right about being sucked in to a black hole trying to think about what you could have done better or different. That’s a bad place to go or dwell. Rats that your husband had to work again tonight. How awful Casey had someone break in to his car and what a strange thing to steal. Grr.

Here are the 2 photos Whiteflash sent me today. Vera (customer service rep) told me she saw Brittany (my consultant) give something to the guy in shipping to send me and she said it was hysterical. I am almost as anxious to see what that is as I am to see the ring. Marty even said the design is cool. He thinks I’ll really like the color contrast with my diamond. I told him look out I might want it in rubies too. Ha!

Tomorrow is Friday!

Marcy

_360.jpeg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ooooh Marcy, I love your ring! I want one in rubies and sapphires too! So pretty. I want a couple in platinum and gold! Can't wait to see the handshot, and how great is it that vendors send us these pics to see beforehand! I still have the email that whiteflash sent me in 2008 with pics of the first ring I bought. Even though I don't have the stone and someone else owns it now, I still like looking at it!

Want to hear something else weird. Kellie called Casey and asked if he had messed with the head rest in her car. It was raised up to the highest setting and she didn't do it. Steve also said he saw the local homeless guy walking around with a head rest. It is market night in town so Kellie, Casey and Steve are going to go see if they can find him. This guy stands on the main corner in town and sings and dances. Kellie has brought him pancakes from McD's on Sunday mornings several times, so maybe if he knows anything about it, Case can get it back. What a weird thing.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Marcy, ooh I am so happy for you that you are getting your ring today well in time for your anniversary! And it is a beauty! Cannot wait to see that baby on your hand! :love: Yay for overnight shipping woohoo. :appl:

Junie, thank you for the hugs and for understanding. Life really is one big challenge with lots of small challenges along the way. Having loved ones including PS friends really helps take the sting out of things and make everything better.

Yes, the new umbrella will work perfectly to protect everyone sitting at the new table from the sun. Better than putting a hole in the center of the table IMO.

July will be here before you know it and you will be the owners of a lovely new beach house. We are all so happy for you and excited too. Please keep us updated and sending lots of dust for a quick sale of your other beach house when you are ready to sell it. What are your weekend plans? Is your weather supposed to be as bad as our weather? I hope not and I hope you have some nice plans.

Luv2sparkle,You are absolutely correct. We cannot think too long about what we wish we could do or the way we wish things were but we need to keep looking forward and being present in the here and now. The pain of losing a loved one doesn't go away but with time the acute harsh pain becomes more of a dull one though can vary when thinking about the person/animal you are missing.

I do feel stronger than June 27th 2014 and I am more grateful than I can express to be walking/cycling and up and about again. Those were dark days the first few weeks waiting for the surgery in pain and not even beginning the recovery process because surgery could not be done till the swelling went down. I hope never to go through anything like that again but we all know life is unpredictable and the best I can hope for is if something bad happens we can recover and move forward. I think your dh had a serious cycling accident so I know you get it. Thank you for your kind words and we will celebrate even if it will be just me and my dh.

Which brings me to this weekend and our plans. We are trying to reschedule my family. We are not ones to change dates once we make plans. Usually Greg is just let's make the best of it yada yada yada. But it is supposed to be huge winds and torrential downpours tomorrow afternoon and evening and my sister and her family and my parents are coming from a distance (aunt and uncle too but not as far away as the rest of my family) and we don't want them driving in that weather.

In fact I just spoke to my sister (my sister and I are always up at 4:45 AM must be in our genes lol) and she said her dh said he doesn't want to drive all the way in that weather tomorrow so I have a text in to my parents and my aunt and uncle. I don't think my parents will be an issue but I know my aunt and uncle likely cannot make the 2 proposed dates for rescheduling as they are always busy or traveling. My aunt and uncle haven't been to our beach house for 3 years so this was going to be so nice to have them over. We see them a few times a year but usually at my parents house since. I just hope my aunt won't be pissed at us for rescheduling but my sister and BIL really don't want to deal with the drive and the torrential rain especially because they have my precious nieces in the car with them and the trip is 2 and a half hours to 3 hours and up depending on traffic and weather.

So wish me luck that my aunt and uncle can reschedule and do one of the 2 possible dates my sis said they could do. It figures. It has been 2 years since we entertained my family at our beach house and the weather had to be like this. Ugh. Now we could just have my aunt and uncle over tomorrow without the others but that isn't fair to Greg because he does all the cooking and well it is just as much for him to do with 4 vs 10.

OK we are still leaving for the beach house this AM even though rain is predicted all weekend. Haven't heard from my aunt yet or my mom. I cannot believe how late people sleep hehe. See you girls later and fingers crossed the plan change will suit all involved.

On a more serious note I just found out a good Optometry school friend, who is a healthy strong man had a heart attack a few weeks ago and needed quadruple bypass surgery. We spoke and he is doing great thank goodness but what a shock. He was considered to be in good health and then out of the blue bam a heart attack. So life can really change just like that in an instant and it just goes to show perspective is everything and what doesn't kill you or ruin your quality of life is small stuff. So let it rain who cares. Let's all just remain safe and sound, healthy and happy!

I hope everyone has a good day and Marcy, I cannot wait for you to receive your gorgeous ring! Please let us know as soon as you have it and pics when you can! Hugs to all the NIRDIs. :wavey:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Argh, Missy! I am so sorry you had to reschedule your plans! That kind of weather does change things though, and I wouldn't want family driving in it either. How much fun could you have had with everyone stuck in the house all weekend. Lots of dust that your aunt and uncle can make one of the new dates. If it was just me and hubby, I wouldn't mind being inside and watching the rain all weekend. Actually, that sounds heavenly.

Marcy, I woke up thinking about your ring. I am curious, what made you chose WF over Brian Gavin? Was there a design aspect or price aspect that made you chose one over the other? Both are great, and I can never choose which one when I am thinking about a project.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, I can't imagine your parents not being relieved about the change of plans. Driving in downpours is just miserable aside from being unsafe. Our weather has been weird too. It was cold and raining today. It felt like fall rather than summer. We're you able to go for a ride today?

Marcy, Your ring is beautiful. I think you need a ruby ring too!

Luvs, I can't get over anyone wanting to steal a headrest. You can't make this stuff up.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Luv2Sparkle, it is pretty cool to get glamour shots of your jewelry before they ship it. What did you buy from them (even though you no longer have it)? I bought some of the ready set to go PC studs (1/2 ctw) from Whiteflash in about 2008 too. I was thrilled then to be buying from one of the popular jewelers on Pricescope and thought my glamour pictures were fabulous. That is very weird about a homeless guy walking around with a headrest. Strange. Good question about Whiteflash and Brian Gavin. I think both places offer great quality and good customer service. When I was looking for my diamond over a year ago Whiteflash had quite a few ACA in my color and carat range and their erings were cheaper so that is who I went with and then I just continued to buy from them. Brian Gavin had a few bands I liked for this purchase but either way it was going to be custom since I wanted larger stones so I just decided to go with Whiteflash. I think Whiteflash’s prices on jewelry are slightly cheaper. I am thinking of emailing BG to see if I can get a 5 stone ring with some BG Blue melee. Wouldn’t that be cool?

Missy, we definitely all get by with a little help from our friends (even PS ones) and now that Beatles song is going off in my head. I really want to look for one of those umbrellas. I will remember your accidentsary each year since it’s 2 days before our anniversary. You certainly had some difficult months but look at you now lady! Out cycling for miles and miles. Our hero! I hope your family stays home instead of traveling in torrential rain. Have fun at the beach in spite of the weather. I am sorry to hear about your friend from school but it sounds like he is on the road to recovery.

Callie, your weather is probably what we had here for a few days. Last night the sky was a weird yellow and we had really low, fast moving clouds. Marty and I went out and watched it off and on since the sky was such a eerie color. I agree I need a ruby band, or another sapphire band to wear on the other side of my ering or maybe have them make me another ring and mount my diamond on it. As you can tell I have no idea (as usual) what I want.

My day was spent waiting anxiously for 11 pm so I could go to Fed Ex. I ripped the box open and absolutely laughed out loud at the ugly bear enclosed. The bear actually has a tag on it that says “Ugly Doll” and it’s so ugly it’s cute. Since I named the bear Whiteflash sent me when I bought my diamond ring from them Arrows I thought well I have to name this Ugly Bear something jewelry related that conveys ugly jewelry so I named it after a big chain that IMO sells nasty looking diamonds. I won’t be mean and say it here but you can email me and I’ll tell you!

The little ACA melee diamonds are fabulous in the Sun; the sapphires go dark in bright light but bezel set does that on dark and small stones. While I was out getting my ring I met Marty for lunch then went back to work.

I finally make pancakes, eggs and bacon for supper. Quick and easy. I couldn’t find the syrup and so Marty checked the refrigerator – yep that’s where I put it the last time we used it. It was nice and thick.

Have a great weekend.

Here are a few hand shots of the ring. It’s about 2.7mm wide. The diamonds and sapphires are 2mm stones. Also one of the Killer Rabbits is snacking on the new ugly bear.

Marcy

_362.jpeg

_361.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results