shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Hi Sarah! It's good to hear from you and that you are doing so well!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne, how was your weekend?

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1432549428|3880926 said:
Hi Jimmianne, how was your weekend?
Hi OV : )
very uneventful! I am working - getting the house and yard ready for guests next weekend. I wish I could say something more exciting!
Are you doing OK? I was concerned when you said you had bad news. I hope everything is alright.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Jimmianne, hey work is nice as well- I have to do work at home today too and sometimes I enjoy it but especially when the weather is nice, today it is not really. So yes weather is a factor in why I would like to move but we shall see about that.

I had a very hard time sleeping. Terrible things happened here too that disturbed me a lot. Ok, well the bad news was that someone I thought was my friend betrayed me. That is enough over here. As to the terrible things a neighbor shot newborn kittens last night, that was awful. Also, one baby is somewhere dropped and was crying all night. I have no way to get to this baby and it has stopped crying whatever that means. It is just that I cannot stand animals suffering.

Otherwise things are quiet here today. I like to get away to feel more at ease, relaxed, not having to worry about everyday life and whenever I go and do things, it is always wonderful and yes there are certain things in my life having to do with interpersonal relationships and my work and passion that are wonderful. I find a lot of joy in those and try to focus on the positive things even if sometimes it is hard but this is the only way we can get ahead and move on.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning NIRDIs and Happy Memorial Day Monday!

Sarah, so glad you are doing well and out of those dark days. It's amazing how something so traumatic can seem like it lasts forever and at the same time go so fast. I know that doesn't make sense but you might get what I mean having been through that challenging experience because that's how it was for me. It all went so fast yet each day seemed painstakingly slow at times. As soon as you work out the insert situation you will feel so much more like your old self. But new and improved with hopefully no more pain and able to do activities you couldn't do before the surgery.

Orsi,, I am sorry your friend betrayed you and know that is all them and not you. Difficult times in life can show you who your true friends are and for that reason you can look at this as a gift. Sure, not something you would have ever chosen to go through if you did not have to but one thing that does come out of it that is good is it shows you who is there for you always and who really never was a true friend. (((HUGS))).

I am so glad you got to go away and enjoyed the weekend. About your mom my only advice is know her limitations with respect to being there for you and understand she has her own vulnerabilities and is likely doing the best she can. Know she cannot be how you want her to be (a very hard thing to accept) and just keep your distance when she acts difficult and unpleasant and lean on her only so much as she cannot give you all the support you need. I am so sorry Orsi.

There are many disappointments in life and sometimes it all gets to be too overwhelming but if there is one thing I have learned is that if we give it some time circumstances change for the better or the worse but nothing stays static for long. Always remember one day at a time to get through a bad situation. So if I am having a particularly terrible day/week or even month I realize if I can just hold on for a bit longer the situation might improve. I feel you are almost near the end of the nightmare journey you have been on with your ex. Think how far you have come and soon the end of this chapter will be here and it will be like you are out of a jail cell. Free from this situation and free to move on and start a new chapter so to speak. From one HSP to another big hugs.

Kristie, when we have a lot of guests over that is how I feel-happy when they are there but happy to have the quiet back again and my home in order. However yesterday I didn't feel that way as we only had a few people over and it was perfect. And when they left I was almost sad to see them go LOL. The weather was just perfect and the company great and we all had a wonderful time. And while we were sitting there chatting in the backyard I was thinking I love being here and do I really want to start over. Listening to the waves and smelling the sea air. I want that wherever we go if we relocate. It is rejuvenating and cathartic and peaceful all at the same time if that makes sense.

How was your Sunday? DO you have any special plans today? Is your weather warming up?

Callie, how is your sweet doggie today? I hope you and Jeff have a great day with friends today. Greg and I have a rule that we each have our own bathroom and then a bathroom for guests. Fortunately in each home we have 4 bathrooms so it all works out. And of course the bathrooms in the master bedrooms are mine and Greg uses the one outside the bedroom. Though of course in the middle of the night he uses my bathroom. That is just fine and works well for both of us. :bigsmile:

Our contractor told us many couples break up during a renovation OMG and the fact that Greg and I made it through out total gut renovation in 2004 was a testimony to the strength of our relationship. Not so sure about that as we didn't live there during the reno but we did check it out every day and yes we did have some stressful moments like when red paint had been spilled all over our new wood floors by the crew and left there overnight!!! :nono: I had checked on the apt that night when I finished work for the day and when I saw that I called Greg up frantic and yelling LOL (not funny at the time) and he had to call our contractor and well it was quite the upsetting experience.

We had many other stressful situations pop up like that during the reno so I can see where it is a good test of the relationship. When we finally renovate the beach kitchen (if we stay here) we will not be living here during the reno but rather stay in Brooklyn till it is complete. No way would we live through a renovation if we had any other choice!

Marcy, good morning and thank you for the extra pictures of your delicious bling! It is interesting we are all on a similar page thought wise about retirement and selling our homes and all that can go wrong. I feel in the end everything will work out but who knows what that means. We all know about the best laid plans LOL but in my heart I feel things eventually do work out. Either that or I am deluding myself but either way it's how I get through it all haha.

I hope you are wearing your new earrings and enjoying the holiday and that your weather is improving with more sun and warmth. What are your Memorial day plans?

Junie, hoping you and your family are having a marvelous holiday at the beach and also hoping the new beach home sale is in progress. Hello and Hugs to you!

Jimmianne, hello and hugs to you and Puff and the rest of the crew as well. How is your weekend going? I know you are busy getting everything all ready for guests next weekend but hope you are also taking time to smell the roses and enjoy the unofficial start of summer. Woohoo! Winter is gone and summer is here. :appl:

We had a great weekend and today we hope to do a very long bike ride as we couldn't cycle yesterday due to having our friends over and there was too much prep to do for a morning ride yesterday. Looking forward to a good ride today. Hoping all the NIRDI girls enjoy the holiday and love to you all. Attaching a pic from yesterday. Red was the color of the day. :sun:

memorialdayweekend2015.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
And the award of the most stylish couple goes to... you look amazing Missy and Greg! Not only stylish but also great looking people and of course beautiful on the inside too, that is what counts the most!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1432551904|3880935 said:
And the award of the most stylish couple goes to... you look amazing Missy and Greg! Not only stylish but also great looking people and of course beautiful on the inside too, that is what counts the most!

Haha hardly Orsi, but thank you sweetheart! You are a love. And you are truly beautiful inside and out as are all all my sweet sweet NIRDI girls. I love you all and we will all not only survive life's circumstances but thrive. We are all here for each other Orsi. Remember that. And HUGS to you!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, I hope everyone is enjoying the Memorial Day weekend!

Jimmianne, PLEASE DO NOT WATCH THE NEWS TODAY! Work in your yard sweetheart and have a wonderful day! I'm telling you not to turn the news on for your own good.

Sarah, I'm so glad you are in the final stretch of your recovery. I wish we could have done more to help you on this journey. I learned a lot thru all Missy went thru and I'm so happy you are seeing the light at the end of this tunnel. So, so happy you are doing well!

Missy, I love the picture of you and Greg and I'm glad you had a wonderful day yesterday. It sounds like you fun with your guests. Being sad they were leaving is always a wonderful indication. Often in situations like this people are happy to see everyone leave. My SIL's sent me texts from the wedding the other night and I wish we had been able to go. My husband is going to dinner with the bride and groom tomorrow evening and I need to stay home. He is going to a sports signing near their home and then meeting them for dinner. He's not too happy with me for staying home but I have no idea what he is thinking. They live over two and a half hours away. By the time you factor in dinner and the show, he will probably be gone for 8 hours. I cant possible leave the furbaby alone for 8 hours. She has been sick ever since she received the rabies shot last week and has not acted like herself at all. We decide to stay home with her today. I'm trying to keep her as calm and comfortable as possible. I spoke to the Vet on Sarurday and will call her doctor again tomorrow. Kristie gave me some wonderful information (as always, love you Kristie,). I'm definately having her blood tested next time for antibodies as I will do everything in power not to put her thru another rabies test again. She bounced back fairly quickly the last time she received this shot but not this time. We were awake most of last night. It seems we have an animal in our attic. A service is coming tomorrow to try to get it (them) out of the attic. I pray it's not a family of something. Thank goodness my husband was in town I would have totaled freaked out had I been home alone. I hope you and Greg have a wonderful day today.

Kristie, I'm having a day where the husband is annoying me to no end. Does your word apply to situations like this? Thank goodness we don't have many days like today. Having an animal(s) in the attic is freaking me out a little. I can hardly wait to try to sleep tonight.... NOT! The furbaby still is not feeling well. We are staying home with her today and just keeping a close eye on her. I am also calling the vet tomorrow. Thank you again for everything yesterday! I can't say enough how grateful I am for you. You are one in a million sweetie! I hope you and Bob are having a nice day. Sorry for my rant and complaining.

Marcy, You are making me want that large EC more than you can imagine. Now where can I get my hands on $45,000? I wish the size ho in me would just disappear. Unfortunately I don't see that is happening in the near future.

OV, The only advice I give you regarding your mom is please try to just accept her the way she is and not let her remarks get to you. If I have learned anything over the past few years it is sometimes letting something go in one ear and out the other is a wonderful thing to do. Our parents can really get difficult the older they get but in all seriousness, nothing you do or say is going to change them. As for the problem with your friend, I don't know the circumstances, but once someone shows you their true colors, believe them. I'm not sure if this is with a longtime friend or someone you only recently met. If it's a long term friend maybe it's just a misunderstanding or she was having a really bad day. I would try to talk to her if it's someone who has been in your life for years and try to give her the benefit of the doubt. I don't begin to have all the answers but is it possible that your friend is going thru a rough time and with you being close to her, ended up getting the brunt of that. I know she let you down, but could it be possible this was not her intention. Only you know the answer to this. I'm sorry if everything I just said was not helpful. I'm also sorry for this person causing you pain.

I'm sorry everyone for my venting today!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Poor you Callie, mannoyance!!! :bigsmile: love this word too. Although I am fortunately or unfortunately not subjected to much mannoyance at the moment, one can be subjected to it even if unmarried. Sometimes mannoyance simply makes me laugh. They can be like little kids. Of course this is different when your own husband is subjecting you to mannoyance and it does not stop. I am sure that you have your recipe Callie for how to handle mannoyance and how to disarm him when he gets into one of his moods. Is there a particular problems causing this? Or just so?

We often also present womannoyance for no reason especially when hormonal and for no reason. I know I can tell when my colleague is getting her periods as she is simply unbearable.

Now I am scared for Jimmianne. What is going on? Please tell. I have missed out on this news as I am not in the US, I was watching and following Cannes news because a Hungarian movie got the Jury's Grand Prize. I want to go watch it as soon as I can. It will be distributed in the US too and is supposed to be really good but really shocking. It is a Holocaust movie so not everyone will be interested.

What are you up to today Callie?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs.

Ovi, I could bore you ladies with pictures all the time. I am definitely an EC fan. I am on the fence about whether to upgrade the Si2 EC. The G looks very white and I actually kind of like seeing the inclusions naked eye now and then. That’ll save me money keeping what I already have. I am so glad you enjoyed you day away and spending time with your friend. I am sorry you got horrible news.

Sarahb, thank you for the link to the live weather broadcasts. I will be sure and mark that site. Very cool! I am delighted to hear you are coming along so well with your recovery and no longer need a cane. You certainly have had a journey so far this year. Glad to see you are doing so well.

I am working on laundry – sheets, table cloths, towels and a MASSIVE stack of socks Marty had in his trucklet from changing shoes for golf. No wonder he keeps buying new socks; they were all in his truck.

Have a great day.
Marcy

img_8073.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs! I hope you are all having a wonderful Memorial Day! We just got back from our memorial day bike ride. We rode my birth year (65) in miles so woohoo. It was a beautiful ride. And we also had a lovely visit with friends in our old town.

I snapped a few pics of the goslings today. We also checked on the ducklings who are doing fine too! When we got back to the beach house we saw a sweet bunny in our yard. I tried taking a pic through the kitchen window so as not to scare the bunny. Not a great pic but attaching it for you guys.

Callie, I am sorry your sweet doggie is still not feeling well. Hugs to you and her and hope she is feeling better very soon!!!

Marcy, love your new dangle earrings. :love: Earshots please. :appl:

memorialdaygoslings2015.jpg

goslingssosweet.jpg

goslingshavingtheirmemorialdaypicnic.jpg

bunnyinyard.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Marcy, please DO bore us. :bigsmile:

I actually really like the look of these dangles and that is a big thing coming from me as I personally am not an amethyste fan. But I really am a fan of these earrings.

Marcy, we love your EC. Seriously. It IS ultimately your decision but you all know my take on this. Although I first owned a K diamond, I became a perfectionist when I got into diamonds as I once saw an E Ideal and after that a G would make me run. I would also only take VS2s ok maybe an SI1. But then I became sort of an inclusionist and I totally adore inclusions, find them way too cool. You also know my favorite stone is Sunstorm and she is an I1, well being a Fancy Deep Orangy Yellow you see no inclusions whatsoever with the naked eye and sometimes they do grade fancies more leniently but I would grade her an I1. I am absolutely amazed by her inclusions, they are really amazing including trigons and even a tiny red inclusion, really tiny but I love studying inclusions.

I also loved Liberty and she was an L/M I1, really an imperfect stone but with such personality. I think that inclusions lend personality to a stone and aid even non-experts in identifying their stone after cleanings, repairs, etc. Now I would like to make my next buy a warm stone, I really would prefer a J/K at least and not cleaner than SI1 but preferably SI2.

Like I said you have to know if it bothers you but we do love your EC stone and the whole ring, really, I mean it. You are such an enabler Marcy making me get into ECs. Bad girl. :cheeky:

Missy, adorable, we have a lot of goslings and other baby birds at the Lake here and I thought that I would be going this coming weekend but now again the weather forecast is not looking good. It looks like we are heading into yet another crappy summer. Last year we had practically no summer and I live for summer, despise bad weather more than anything else. I really should live elsewhere. But at least last year spring was amazing and really warm and winter was very very mild, almost none, I could accept that but this year not only we could not recharge so far the end of this spring but all winter and spring truly sucked.

Missy I really cannot believe you cycled that much, you truly amaze me. I could never imagine myself cycling that much even though I used to cycle, let alone cycling that much so fast after the injury you had.

Tomorrow is work day so I should start packing my stuff, etc. since I am planning on spending the night in Vienna. I much prefer getting away sometimes but I worry about and miss the furbabies. I really have to find a sitter but not sure where to start.

Have a great day Girls!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap, I missed an entire page earlier. I’m back though.

Jimmianne, those pesky house chores just keep all of us busier than we want but you’ll hopefully enjoy your company next week.

Ovi, OMG. Can’t your neighbor be arrested for animal cruelty? That is absolutely criminal and awful. Sorry your friend betrayed you. I don’t tend to like the quartz family gems. Those amethysts are not great but they will work for occasional fun earrings. The mountings are really thin but I paid $25 so I think I’ll get my money’s worth out of them. Thank you for your insight and opinions about inclusions. I honestly don’t mind them but there is one in this EC that does worry my. It looks like a big crack across and I don’t see it on the clarity chart. I’ll post it and see what you and everyone else thinks. I can see some of the inclusions in sunlight or up close. However the big consideration to go up color and clarity staying the same size would be a minimum of a few thousand dollars. I have other things on my wish list that I could buy if I am willing to pay that.

Missy, your weekend, party and company sounds absolutely perfect. That is interesting what the contractors told you about couples and how hard a renovation is on marriages. We heard the exact same thing when we were picking out carpet for our old house. Our salesman liked us once he figured out we were teasing each other; at first he kind of steered away from us when we were giving each other the usual flack. I am sure I am in both camps with you on retirement; it will all work out and I am delusional. At this point in time I can’t imagine myself retiring. We did warm up today with more sunshine than clouds. Only a few rain showers off and on. Love the photo of you and Greg in front of the beautiful ocean. You both look terrific.

Callie, I am sorry you missed the wedding but hate to hear your furbaby isn’t feeling very well. I hope she starts to feel better. Oh no for critters in your attic. My parents had squirrels get in their attic. They chewed through all sorts of wiring going down in to the house. A huge EC diamond is well worth lots of money. Let’s start saving our pennies now.

We had late lunch at Olive Garden. We split a tour of Italy then wandered around Bed, Bath and Beyond and Michaels.

Take care.

Marcy

img_8079.jpg

_30547.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Miss Curby, you have a beautiful EC! I see what you mean about the line and would be curious to know more about it.

The Air France "incident" never made it to the NYT so I didn't see it. I'm glad everyone was safe. It's really awful that a few phone calls can disrupt the whole world!

Missy, you and Greg look terrific. I hope you had a good holiday weekend.

I put in an offer on a ring that I would really like to have. I started low-ball in hopes of getting a good price. I hope the seller responds. That's all I want to say for now since I don't want competition! ...not from you guys, but from any collectors who might visit our thread. You know I would share with all of you : )

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Jimmianne, good luck! Fingers and toes crossed that you get the ring you want at a great price.

Callie, how is your sweet pup feeling today? I hope she is better and back to her happy healthy self. And I hope whatever is in the attic is gone now. That is scary. Glad Jeff was home.

Marcy, I love the new pics, thank you. It sounds like you had a good day yesterday. Hope your workweek starts off well today.

Ovi, I hope you had a good night and are feeling better today and rejuvenated from your holiday rest yesterday.

Sharon, hope you had a good weekend. Anything blingy to share with us? :cheeky:

Kristie, how are you? Hope you had a good holiday.

Junie, how was your long beach weekend? I hope you had a wonderful time. How is your mom doing? You are probably headed to her soon to check in on her and visit. Also hoping things are progressing re the new beach house purchase.

We are headed back to NY this morning and back to reality. :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, it's sounds like everyone enjoyed the holiday weekend.

Missy, How nice you were able to get biking in this past weekend. I love the picture you poste of the goslings! How sweet. Just be careful not to get too close to them. Their moms are very mean. I had one fly on my back and bite me. I had a coat on so I wasn't hurt but they can be vicious. I was near a nest that I had no idea was there. She let me know in a hurry! My baby still is not herself. She is eating well so I'm not worried but I have a call into the vet. They said on Saturday that her symptoms were consistent with the rabies shot. We just wish she would start acting like her normal self again. I never thought I hear me say that I want her to start barking at things outside.

Jimmianne, They sure made a big fuss over the Air France flight in Chicago on the news at noon yesterday. I sending you lots of Pricescope dust on the item you placed the bid on. Hopefully you will have some good news to share with us soon. Have you considered going to the Miami antique jewelry show early next year? I'm sure they will have many gorgeous pieces that you don't see every day at the show.

Kristie, The exterminator had to push back the appointment as its pouring rain here at the moment. Hopefully he will be able to come later today. I was up every hour last night listening but there was nothing. Hopefully what ever it was is gone now. Are you doing anything exciting today?

OV, The Mannoyance situation is over. I wanted my husband to stay at home and meet with the exterminator today. He's on vacation and had golf plans today he wasn't willing to change. Somehow everything with the house has become my job since I quit working. Trust me I'm not complaining. It beats going to work everyday! i hope you have a good day at work today.

Marcy, I love your ring. If I ever get the large EC I will set in a setting like yours. It's one of my favorite settings. I have two rings set with baquette side stones. My MIL's original wedding set was set in this setting. It never seems to go out of style and is so classic.

Jubebug, I hope you made it home safely from your trip. Are you staying with your mom this week? Did your sister see the new beach house?

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there NIRDIS!

Omg missy, that quiz - I checked almost every box! Yep, I think it's safe to say I'm a highly sensitive person lol. Honestly, I think it's both a blessing and a curse - there are both good and bad aspects to being sensitive - I do feel it can make it a little hard to function sometimes and I think I need to be a little stronger and stoic in certain situations. Thanks for mentioning it, it gave me some insight about myself and it's definitely food for thought - and just a very interesting topic as well.

LOVE the pics of the ducklings and bunny :love: Cuteness overload!

Glad you had a good weekend and enjoyed your GTGs. Love that pic of you and Greg, you guys make a very attractive couple to say the least!

I'm so sorry about your friend's wife…yes, dh and I think about that as well…what if we hold off on retiring for too long and one of us gets sick or incapacitated soon after? We want to be fairly young and healthy for at least some of our retirement! My husband would like to retire sooner rather than later, but as I've mentioned, since I'm helping with my mother right now he figures he might as well keep working for now.

Marcy, the pics of your studs and ring are amazing!!! :love: :love: :love: I love the amethyst dangles too, they're really pretty and will be fun to wear.

I hear you on having a hard time deciding whether or not to upgrade your emerald cut ring - that money for an upgrade could go towards something else!

Ovi, I'm glad things are better with your mother - I have a person in my life who tends to take their mood out on others, but it's hard to change that because the person doesn't even realize they're doing it! I agree with missy, sometimes we just have to accept people as they are and cope with them the best we can. Just try your best to ignore her when she's being critical or harsh.

I'm so glad you had a good time with your friend, you need a little fun sometimes, and you deserve it!

I am so sorry that a friend betrayed you, that is just terrible and I hope you are doing ok.

And I am horrified about the kittens. I'm so sorry, that is a very traumatic thing to have happen.

Sarah, so great to hear from you!!! :appl: I'm thrilled you are doing so well, that is just great. You really have come so far. It's odd to look back on those early days, isn't it? I too have been through things, and then looked back and think how did I make it through that? But we do, and I'm so glad things are back to normal now for the most part for you. Good luck with getting the proper insert, sounds like that will improve your walking even more. Pleas pop in whenever you can!

Calliecake, I'm sorry your doggie isn't feeling well, I really hope she perks up soon. It's worrisome when they just don't seem like themselves. I'm glad to hear she's eating though, that's good. My sister saw pics of the house online, she liked it…but, I don't know, seemed a little jealous at first? She said a few things…awkward.

Kristie, hope you had a nice weekend!

Nice to get away for a bit, now back to reality - back at my mother's today, she's doing ok, things are status quo so we're just plugging along.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

Jimmianne, I see that line in the EC from the side in good lighting. It’s been there ever since I got it mounted in my ring. I don’t mind inclusions but that one is so pronounced. The diamond itself is pretty nice. Ooh how exciting to be bidding on another beautiful ring. I hated to hear about the Air France incident. When do you leave for your trip?

Missy, I hope you had a safe trip back to NY today.

Callie, I am glad your furbaby is eating okay. Did the vet call you back today? Did the exterminator make it today? Rats that all the house problems have become yours now; it was always my problem when Marty worked in an office but now that he’s home I am so glad to dump it on him. Thank you for the kind words about my ring. I honestly didn’t like the ring until I tried it on and it’s one of my favorite rings now. The shank actually split on it twice so the store custom made me an entirely new ring in my size and the shank is thick enough now.

Junebug, you have me intrigued now to go take Missy’s quiz. I think I am more sensitive than I want to be or want to admit to being. Thank you for the compliments on my earrings and ring. Since my EC ring is only one of many I rotate on my right hand I can see spending that money elsewhere. Just off the top of my head I could get a 3-pointer band, upgrade my orange sapphire and get larger sapphire studs for the same amount of money. Of maybe I should be smart and quit spending money on sparkly things. I am sorry to hear your sister maybe some less than supportive comments about your new house. Like I do with my sister just smile and think oh well I’m not going to worry about making you happy. Sigh, huh?

Like Junebug said, today was back to reality. I ignored the calendar reminders for one on ones today. I don’t think those 2 employees wanted to hear what I had to say to them. LOL. I tend to skip those when I know I’d agitated enough to maybe let it show. I calm down and think of more PC ways to approach them.

I quietly worked on 2 procedures, updated our magic macros that make our lives easier and watched the clock. One of my employees did bring me the Cartier book about their last 200 years of jewelry. Lots of pretty pictures. The one and only thing in it I’d like is a ring like Grace Kelly’s.

We had burgers cooked on the grill for supper and I made mashed potatoes and gravy and Marty brewed up salad out of a bag.

After supper we went for a ride to see about alternate routes for me getting to and from work. I hate road construction season.

Have a great evening.
Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDI's!

I've been composing a response for the past weekend, and I keep getting interrupted. So one more try.

Missy, Love the pic of you and Greg. You both always look so happy together. Hope you figure out the retirement thing. I can't wrap my head around it. All I'm thinking about is saving up for 2 college tuitions and paying for travel with my folks while they still are able to go. It's a hard thing to juggle. I am sure you and Greg will choose the right place for you both. And I love all the ducky updates. They are such a sweet little family. Awesome that you are back out there cycling. Looks like a great time!

Kristie, thanks for the info on the defib and colonoscopy, etc. I am going to bring it up at my next check up. I haven't had one yet.

Marcy, the EC is delish!! But I do see that line too. What is that?

Orsi, Sorry about your friend betraying you. Why do people do that? Shooting kittens? What kind of sickos do that? omg. Do what you have to to take care of yourself and get through each day.

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry about Blodwed. Breaks my heart. I know my poor kitty wanted to be by himself toward the end too.

Junebug, hope all is well. Hope your son is doing well too...

Callie, how are you? I'm thinking about you.

Sharon, if you're there...hi!!

Just wanted to share a new little bracelet I bought to stack with my tennis bracelet. Girls, I have to say that this "stacking" business is hard work for me. I must be really anal, but I don't like just throwing what I can wear on my wrist. I've bought several different bracelets, and finally I find just the right one. I have to share cause I really like it, and I know you guys would understand. Now I am looking for one more piece. Two doesn't feel quite right. But I can't rush into anything.

I keep thinking I want a big chunky Hermes leather cuff. When I try it on, I actually like the smallest, thinnest one with my bracelet.

Talk with you guys soon. Take care. Hugs!

img_4031__1_.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Callie, how is your sweet baby doing today? Hoping she is back to her happy feeling well self!

Thank you about the geese warning. The goslings look so sweet and innocent but I can imagine the momma (and poppa?) would be fiercely protective. I am sorry one attacked you for no apparent reason...I wonder if you unknowingly invaded their territory where there were little ones? I will definitely heed your warning! I try not getting too close anyway as I don't want to scare the babies. They are so sweet I just wanted to pick them all up and take them to our property and make sure they stayed safe from traffic and people.

Did the exterminator make it to you yesterday?

Junie, welcome back and glad you had a great time with the family on your Memorial day vacation. I am sorry your sister is less than supportive. If family cannot be supportive it is very disheartening but remember it is our friends whom we choose and not our family. We NIRDIs are very excited and happy for you purchasing your new beach house and always supportive. (((HUGS))).

I also answered yes to most of those questions and it does explain a lot and why I am also very intuitive IRL. It is both good and bad and sometimes I wish I wasn't so HSP. It is sensory overload at times. I think you are a very strong woman Junie. Probably stronger than you give yourself credit for-you do so much for so many and do it well.

Hope your mom is well and that you have a good visit with her.

Marcy, if you take the HSP quiz please let us know how it goes. I think many of us NIRDIs are HSP to some extent. It is a continuum so you might be a bit HSP, moderately HSP or really HSP (me, Junie and Ovi and I suspect some of the other girls here too).

I love all the bling pics you have been sharing with us and thank you again. Please post more whenever the mood strikes. I love seeing NIRDI bling and your EC collection is so beautiful.

I am sorry you had some unpleasantness with 2 employees yesterday but that was nice of one of your employees to bring you the Cartier book. I would like to see that Grace Kelly ring.

Dinner sounded good and I am hope you found a suitable alternate route to work. I hate construction zones too. During our vacation (starting next week) they are closing one of the bridges we use during our cycling so we have been searching for alternate routes. There is nothing as direct or as safe as what we have been doing so we unfortunately have no choice but to take 1 of 2 alternate routes when we cycle for the 1st 2 weeks in June. We need to be super careful as there is so much traffic and a narrow road for some of the alternate route. It figures they are closing the bridge for the 2 weeks we are there on vacation LOL. We will make the best of it.

LLJsmom, OMG I LOVE your new bracelet. It is GORGEOUS! :love: And it looks amazing on your wrist. Please keep us posted on any new additions.

I feel for you re cost of college. One of our good friends who was visiting us this weekend has 3 kids and while they are still young (12, 13 and 15) she knows college is looming and the cost is prohibitive. She is a pediatrician and she says she wishes she became a surgeon as primary care providers don't make enough to send 3 kids to college. LOL. Her undergrad which used to be so affordable is 50K a year now. And that is not even nearly as expensive as other colleges. Crazy. :shock: But remember what the money experts say. Pay yourself first (i.e. retirement) and kids after. So don't skimp on saving for retirement for your kids college education. Hopefully it will all work out as you and your dh are saving now and have time. But it is so expensive and I don't know how families can afford it.

Kristie, I forgot to tell you when we had our friends over we were discussing colonoscopies and Buck told us he hasn't had one yet because of the risk of perforations. And he is an MD (and 56 yo!) so there you go. Right as always. I told him what you told me about Cologuard and he wants me to send him info. LOL. I am still waiting for my internist to call me with our blood results (what is taking him so long we had our annual 9 days ago) from our annual physical last week and when he does I will ask him if he knows about Cologuard and if not if he can read about it and write me an Rx for it.

We were also all discussing EMR/EHR and bitching about it. Our friend the pediatrician told us she had to finish the EMR at home in order to get home before the kids go to sleep. That's right. She has 10 hour days in the office and then goes home to dinner with the family and then stays up till 11PM finishing the EMR from her home computer. That is what EMR is doing to the medical profession. Crazy and it is going to burn out a lot of good physicians.

How was your holiday weekend?

Ovi, Hi there! Hope you are having a good week sweetie. I am starting my workweek today and so not in the mood as I never know what waits for me there these days. It looks like will be busier this week so that is good. Hoping it is not crazy busy but hope to be just the right amount busy LOL.

Jimmianne, Hello! Hope you are doing well and enjoying the week. How is everything going?

Have a good Wednesday NIRDIs. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I forgot to ask, did you get the ring you were bidding on yesterday? Hope so sweetie. :))

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie! I had the same thing happen. I thought the geese in my yard were so tame until a parent flew at my back and almost knocked me down. I now have a very healthy respect for them, especially when their babies are young. They are a lot bigger closer up, huh. LOL

LLJsmom - that bracelet looks just right*. Love the contrast between the two. Chic.
*[I just looked up chic and it derives from the word "skill" : ) ]

I am very happy this morning. I help with a PSer who was looking for an Asscher and he posted beautiful hand shots this morning. I'm almost as excited as he is [stone from GOG & setting from BE].

I never got a counteroffer from the seller of the ring. I can live without it, but if he had countered I would have undoubtedly succumbed.
I would rather have a souvenir of the trip so it's for the best. Argh! Does anyone ever have that problem of wanting every beautiful thing they see? :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Umm, yes most definitely. I want every beautiful piece of bling I see lol. Sorry you didn't get the ring but as you say perhaps a perfect souvenir waits for you in Paris. :appl:

Yay for helping a PSer get the ring of their dreams!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, yay for vacation! :dance: But yeah, go figure, the bridge is closed while you're there, ugh. But as you said, you guys will make the best of it and you will obviously have a great time! :appl:

You've got me thinking of this whole highly sensitive thing…it's really interesting, I think my son and I are very similar. When we're home by ourselves you could hear a pin drop lol! We're either on our computers, or I'm reading and he's off playing his guitar quietly somewhere. My daughter came over once and said omg it's so quiet in here, how can you stand it lol. She is the opposite, she loves having background noise on all the time - very interesting to me how different people can be in this regard.

Yeah, family dynamics can be weird, things seem better now…I'm not going to let it bother me.

LLJsmom, I really love the bracelet! :love: It looks great with your diamond bracelet, it really does look very chic! Thanks for thinking of my son - he's as confused as ever unfortunately lol :???:

Jimmianne, sorry about the ring - but I'm wondering if maybe he didn't even get your offer? You'd think you would have heard something back, but maybe not. As you said, more money for souvenirs! It's great you were able to help someone in RT, it's wonderful that people can get good advice on such an important purchase. And yes, I want every beautiful ring I see!!! It's gotten to the point where I'm better off not looking haha!

Calliecake, hope your doggie is doing better today.

Marcy, I like your advice re sister, it's true and that's how I'm going to look at it! Sorry you're going to have to have uncomfortable talks with your employees, but in the end it's necessary for both them and you, and with any luck they'll learn something from what you have to say!

Be back later, have a good day everyone!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, is that EMR/EHR stuff the admin work that comes with being a doc? It doesn't actually surprise me that everyone is working round the clock these days. With access from home and cell phones and texting, work flexibility just means work all the time... I feel your pain.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not surprised Buck isn't scheduling a colonoscopy anytime soon. He may not know that the scope is not sterile, either. Lot of good reasons to go with Cologuard but 98%+ accuracy with 0% risk is the selling point. A few months ago cologuard ran full page color ads in the Sunday New York Times. We hear radio spots for it here. Any doc can write the Rx for it.

At Mayo I worked with the department that handles the EMR. Mayo's Family Medicine Dept opted out of in-house medical transcription in order to cut costs (a transcriptionist makes btw $23 and $38/hour). Those docs worked long days and then handled their own visit notes into the wee hours. More than a few docs left Mayo because they couldn't persuade their chair to return to having Medical Transcription do the work. Docs bill at hundreds of dollars/hour, transcriptionists a fraction of that. Plus, there are quite a few federal requirements for patient notes that docs don't know about. Anyway, I'm sure your friend can relate to all the docs who left over that insanity.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1432743363|3881834 said:
Missy, is that EMR/EHR stuff the admin work that comes with being a doc? It doesn't actually surprise me that everyone is working round the clock these days. With access from home and cell phones and texting, work flexibility just means work all the time... I feel your pain.

It's cost cutting by bean counters and corporations. Medical transcriptionists are being squeezed out as companies burden the docs and nurses with generating the notes/reports that document patient visits, treatments and operations.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cologuard has an excellent website for all aspects of the test from discussion with your doc (discussion guide) to payment by insurance.

It is: cologuardtest.com

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1432760059|3881947 said:
Cologuard has an excellent website for all aspects of the test from discussion with your doc (discussion guide) to payment by insurance.

It is: cologuardtest.com

Kristie, thank you so much for always being so open and genuine in your concern. You are a fount of knowledge and wise advice. I will look it up for sure.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would hate to see anyone perforated in a colonoscopy and die from undetected sepsis OR have to have a re-route of your intestines with a urine/fecal bag, OR pick up hep C or HIV or Super C. diff from an unnecessary screening colonoscopy. Its unneeded now that Cologuard is available. This is not hyperbole.

Let me emphasize something to anyone regarding colonoscopy/Cologuard:

*Screening* tests and procedures are looking around when the patient has no signs or symptoms of disease. So if you have no signs or symptoms of disease, its logical you would want a no- to low-risk screening method, right?

*Diagnostic* tests and procedures are done when the patient is showing signs or symptoms of disease.

Cologuard is indicated for screening colonoscopy and I myself would START with Cologuard for diagnostic purposes too and I will tell you why: 98+% accuracy is better than a tired endoscopist rooting around in your colon--->think poop obscuring vision, twisty tortuous sections of colon obscuring vision, etc.

Yes, if your Cologuard comes back POSITIVE for tumor cells you would then have a colonoscopy to find the cancer and either remove it then or locate it for the surgeon and get pics to see before you are opened up in surgery.

Colonoscopy is handy for removing polyps and for diagnosing/biopsying colitis and just looking around in general.

its a risk management decision for the patient: 1:1000 rate of perforations (your institution may be higher than the average, ASK THEM); the scopes are not sterile, they are scrubbed between patients and chemically treated but NOT STERILE, so there is a risk of disease transmission this way, hepatitis C, HIV, Super Clostridium difficile, etc.

If you believe your risk for colon cancer is low, why would you assume the high risk of traditional colonoscopy to start screening your colon? Well, you would not! You would start with Cologuard and then go from there. 0 risk, 98+% accuracy.

Its a no-brainer.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results