shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy and Jimmianne and everyone else of course, good that you are going out Jimmianne, not everything is about bling of course but lol I get to always find the people to talk to about bling, last night it was just a girl that is doing PR forn someone making jewelry in Hungary but I have to say nothing nice, very Hungarian, not really costume but not really what I think of as quality bling or something we would like here. Still of course I was very nice about it.

This weekend I am working, relaxing and cleaning the house again, lots of laundry and things like that, what fun! Nah, I am not a good dancer at the moment, how could I be if I just started, this is hard for me because I have to often just watch others dance but I feel good there anyhow and get to talk to others too.

I love going to Costco Missy, not always but I used to love it, I do not anymore of course since I do not live in the US but you are right weekends are not the best time. What is Greg making today? I hope that your meeting will be nice tomorrow despite having been a bit betrayed by the kids but it is not their fault, still it certainly does not feel good I know that. I am glad you have some plans though.

I kind of wish I did as the weather is quite nice still, a bit cooler and overcast but definitely spring here, I would be very surprised if snow and cold weather came back, my only problem is that I never want to stay home anymore when it is this nice.

You are right Jimmianne, I am way way calmer today, not sure why but a bit tired and very calm, I have had such upheavals and a heavy week that hey even if I can get my calm for one day I am already happy then I always wonder if it is calm like before the storm. We shall see and I know very well that things will get hard still but hey can I also enjoy one day?:))) I think I am allowed to and should, not? Will try very, very hard to focus on the positive things in my life. As my friend and colleague said look you have a job, doing what you love, you have your business, more than a lot of people have and that is true. That is why I was so scared when ex threatened the company.

Write more soon. Hugs to all and a lovely day.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I like the JOY! basket the best. On his sketches something looked angular to me and I don't like that with a stone of Joy's vintage and her round shape. Shapes I've seen for baskets that I think are pretty are flowers (you got that sketch going, CHECK!), fleur de lis, scrolls, hearts. I used maltese crosses with a tiny diamond in the middle for the basket supports on my ammie/sunstone/diamond necklace. They were a little rounded on their corners---I like rounded in jewelry rather than sharp edges. The JOY! basket design you sketched, it is also kind of a Raise The Roof! look and who doesn't love Raise the Roof, I mean come on!!!

Putting it in a temporary soli setting is a great idea. You can solidify what it is you want while at the same time getting to know Joy and she likes to be out and about, not locked up in a safe :D

Marcy, that Marty is TALENTED. I loveLoveLOVE the painting of the killer rabbits! Did you know you can make your postage stamps out of that? The USPS has a deal where you can upload your image and a little while later here come your stamps! Great use of color, Marty, and I really like the various positions and varied TOOTHINESS of the KRs. Also Marcy, I really love the way your ring turned out. What an icy golf ball you have there!!! The entire ring looks great, you would not know the diamond is a retrofit at all. The whole ring looks very proportional now both to itself and on your hand. Good going!! I have no advice re BN versus other. I don't have pierced ears so I have never paid attention to earrings unless I'm right there seeing them on someone. Then I like them!

Junebug, HI Y'ALL! Heehee. When I went to that mall on the Riverwalk, I rode the boat into it, disembarked there, and shopped my head off. In my memory there were some really good not-chain shops and boutiques in there but that may have changed. I hope you are having a really good time and getting some serious relaxation in.

Missy, love the pic of Tommy warily watching Roombie, I don't think he gives his trust immediately, ol' Tommy Boy. I wish I could have Roomba. I have Westie bite marks all over my Dyson stick and my regular Dyson. I don't think its crazy at all to have a couple of Roombas going. Just buy them on whatever you get your points on (Costco AmEx).

Speaking of which, did you read in the WSJ or USA Today that AmEx and Costco are parting ways? AmEx are idiots. In 2016 Costco's partner will be Visa. The day Costco announced this change, AmEx stock took a dive, as well it should have. I use mine as a debit card now and get points; at the end of this year I'll mothball it for travel.

Callie, its going to be 92 degrees here today. Why aren't you and Missy visiting me?

Ovi, just emailed you, I'm glad to hear you are chugging along, one foot in front of the other, right? Spring is around the corner for your beautiful corner of the globe :sun:

Regarding Finnie Boy, I read up on Whole Dog Journal on arthritis and also on "senior" dogs (Finn is 12-1/2). Even though the ortho guy said to put FInn on Metacam (an NSAID) I still think Finn gets pain relief and stiffness relief from the Wobenzym to where I won't do that. The surgeon was shocked at Finn's function and lack of pain/stiffness once he had the x-rays in hand. Why do anything different in terms of meds? I did make an appointment for Finn to have acupuncture on Monday afternoon with a veterinary acupuncturist. If it works for him (it worked great for Maggie) then I'll spend the same money I would have spent on a risky surgery (with most likely no beneficial outcome) spread out on weekly acupuncture treatments.

My stomach was pretty upset this morning, I took my Wobenzym and then after 45 minutes passed (those are the rules for empty stomach) ate a bear claw from Panera. While Bob and I were clipping the Westies and grooming them, I had a big wave of nausea and the clammy cold sweats. I'm feeling better now, had some ginger ale which pretty much always sets my stomach right.

OH! I forgot! Yesterday I did the old surprise FURNITURE PURCHASE! Its going to be sofa #10 now. I was at The Dump (I know, gross name) looking for a comfry chair for just me watching TV or reading. The recliner I have for this is too big and I just don't fit in it well. So I went in intending to spend no more than $450 on the chair and the salesman mentioned the most comfortable sofa in the store was over there and it wasn't selling because of its color. So I wondered how bad could the color be? He showed me the sofa, its a beautiful light light pistachio color AND IT MATCHES MY TV ROOM RUG BEAUTIFULLY! And he was right, amazingly comfortable AND made in the USA (the last sofa was from China and smelled like chemicals that probably gave me and the dogs cancer). The price was $1195. I got him to $892 and then I realized IT WAS FOR THE SOFA AND A LOVESEAT! I thought it was just the sofa. And to sweeten up the deal, each unit has a reclining seat on it and it is well made enough that you cannot tell this by looking at it, everything was perfectly squared up and seams matched, etc. Then I found a pin-sized puncture on the end of the love seat and they came down more on the price and I got the delivery for free (not customary in my area).

So I took a pic of the year-old recliner and my navy blue leather sofa over to the furniture consignment shop and it looks like I'll realize $400 from them (the shop keeps 55%, I get 45%).

So I updated my TV room and I hope to have something comfortable for ME to sit on finally.

I hope all my NIRDI budsters are relaxing this weekend and if you have SNOW (not mentioning any names MISSY AND CALLIE) just start drinking at this point!!!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs

Jimmianne, LOL at “Dear Golf Widow”. I am pretty pleased at the transformation one diamond made to that ring. I might have to revisit other ignored rings in my jewelry box. I’d be glad to offer ideas for any jewelry transformation.

What shape are the stones on your JA dangles? They sound fabulous.

When do you get Joy back with the temporary setting?

Have fun at the book reading / signing.

Missy, I keep seeing a tiny little bug flying around in here so spring must near. We’ve had some huge spiders in the garage too. They probably ran to the nearest house from the GIANT dirt pile they moved behind our house.

Thanks for the kind words about my upgraded ring.

Have fun this weekend with Greg’s family.

LOL at women prefer “studs”. But to get back to jewelry I generally wear studs but I so agree dangles are fun to wear and look great. Right now I am leaning towards putting the diamonds in dangles. I have some RB in dangles and I might look at upgrading those diamonds to EC; that would save me money. If that jewelry store doesn’t have something that works I will look elsewhere.

Breakfast food for supper is always a treat for us too. I am kind of hungry right now but I’ll wait until I hear from the golfers to eat something. In the summer Marty often plays 2 rounds of golf a day so then he’s gone all day Saturday and Sunday but I know he’s not far.

Glad to hear the Roomba is doing well and going after “bunnies” and the cats are taking it well. It does sound like a pain to clean.

Ovi, I am delighted to hear you slept in. That is a good idea to look in to private lessons for salsa; you seem to love it so much.

I am glad to hear you are feeling better this weekend.

Thank you for the nice words about my emerald ring. I think the larger diamond kind of brought out the color more of the emerald. I agree that the EC in dangles would look great. I think I tend to wear more studs than anything but do have some dangles and one pair of J hoops I wear.

Marty is playing golf today and I am working on laundry. I really need to pick up this place too. I am really good about taking care of stuff but Marty isn’t. So once he starts leaving things setting around I follow suit.

Marty posted his Killer Rabbit portrait on FB to get suggestions for naming it. The one he picked is fabulous; “Receding Hare Line”.

Have a great weekend.
Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am reading backwards now, dreams, that really nailed it, I am not sure what they mean, they are supposed to mean our subconscious but sometimes it is about a lot more IMHO. I remember my telling Missy before my friends came that that week I dreamt with my ex fiancee three nights in a row and woke up to these dreams every morning. I really thought I was out of my mind but two days later he wrote. It was like I felt what he wanted and what was on my mind.

This week, I think actually a day and two days ago I dreamt with this creepy ex husband and it was hard because in my dream he was a nice and loving person, the person I thought he was when I met him and I woke up crying and doubting myself. While I know that reality is reality for a whole year I kept him by my side because of doubting myself that I was good enough to him and that perhaps it was all my fault. I think I felt that he was troubled these two days, his lawyer telling him he cannot contact me, he writes either demands by email or short, weird stuff and occasionally he rings my phone and hangs up after it rings twice and last night it happened too.

What is it? I think that somehow in the universe we are tuned into those we are or were once close to and for whatever reason Marcy when you dreamt about your day it meant something, I think he is well where he is now and it means that he was no longer happy on this Earth, at his home after losing your mom, could that be it? I think it could very well be that and him telling you that he really is fine now.

I get feelings in my gut, sometimes stronger and sometimes less strong, I feel it when someone is troubled or is missing me but I am very troubled when they are going through a hard time. I think your day is happy somewhere now Marcy. I know this was many days ago, I am aware that I am responding to this late but as I read back and surely I will miss some things, I may try to respond to some of your posts.

Anyhow, hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend.

Love to all.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie we must have been posting about the same time earlier. I am really impressed with Marty’s painting and drawing skills. I will definitely look in to personalized stamps. That is way cool! Thanks! I appreciate your thoughts on the retro fit diamond in my ring. I am actually kind of surprised how much it balances out the entire ring. I use my World Points MC like that too; I charge things, pay it off them use my points at the end of the year for gift cards – Merry Christmas to my employees and friends. Sometimes I’ll get Lowes gift cards if we want to do something for the house. I love bonus points. I hope the acupuncture works for Finn. I should try that myself. Marty would say maybe all the evil would leak out then too. I hope you feel better now; I hate when that wave of nausea hits then it’s mysteriously gone. It’s a mystery. Your new furniture sounds like an absolute steal and comfortable to boot. If you get money back as well on consignment from your old furniture that will make it even cheaper. Nice! Interestingly enough my in-laws have mentioned buying furniture from the Dump!

Ovi, dreams are very weird. My degree is in psychology and one of the classes I took as a senior was sleep and dreams. We did all sorts of weird experiments like trying to manipulate our dreams, record our dreams, keep a journal, etc. I swear that semester I had the weirdest dreams of my life. I found that my dreams usually reflected things that happened about 48 hours prior and I was able to put suggestions in to my dreams. I think your interpretation of my dream (as well as many of the rest of you) is correct that it was not a bad dream but more of an it’s okay where my dad is and he doesn’t belong here with us anymore. I am sorry you had some troubling dreams about your ex. To me I think it shows you are optimistic about people even about someone who has turned out to be such a thorn in your side. I’ve always felt I’d rather believe the best in people and be disappointment sometimes than to go through life expecting the worst from people. One of my silly lines in college was “I have an admirable faith in people. Stupid but admirable”.

We had temps near 80 here today. Windy though but hey it is Wyoming. After Marty was done with golf I was beckoned to the golf course and instructed to pick up food on the way. I picked up 2 small pizzas and some chicken wings. We sat on the patio and had a nice time. Marty is napping now and I am still working on laundry. We sure wear a lot of clothes or so it seems.

Have a great evening.

Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow, wow, Marcy, amazing stuff you wrote here. Admirable faith I love that, I think I am the same way, people often tend to really get into deep relationships with me because I do have that too, I tend to see the best in everyone, they feel loved and are drawn to me, my psychologist/lawyer friend said well the depth of feelings you have is really not the standard among people and of course this makes it hard for you. Unfortunately this positive thinking about people also gets me into trouble because they often end up taking advantage of me.

Also, believe it or not many are bothered by those that are positive, I have often gotten comments like you can smile even when you are hurt, why? It is not fake but I am this type of person. I think you girls have seen my dark side much more than others. It is easy to open up here.

My best friend used to say that kindness does not equal stupidity, let them think they won if they want to. I say that it simply makes me feel good to be good to others, if they take advantage of that it is their loss at the end, not mine, I feel sorry for such people, ok I should not feel sorry in a way that I used to and always want to help.

Elaborate more on this 48 hour thing, please. But my dreams often show what will happen in the future, also my gut feelings. I am really interested in what you are telling me, perhaps you are right that my dreams meant believing the best about people but I also think it has to do with a lot of grieving and losses I had in the past couple of years but especially the last few months and perhaps I am trying to and starting to come to terms with the losses.

I must forgive others that have hurt me, no matter what happens I need to think about myself and going on and finding my inner peace and happiness or gaining it back, getting to a different level where things cannot affect me badly anymore.

I too think Marcy that your dad is in a better place. I often had similar dreams about my lost kitties lately. Never about my lost babies, not sure why, they never came back, I think that is a trauma that still has to be dealt with.

Tonight I am very philosophical but it is not bad to tune into our inner selves sometimes in order to come out ahead and some grieving is normal in situations like this. We must allow themselves and even though I hate to cry and almost never cry, instead just feel the anxiety, I think that crying yesterday was something that was very overdue and necessary.

Wow almost 80? You gotta be kidding me, I thought you girls mentioned that dreaded four letter word. We have had crappy weather, not cold but always overcast, very windy.

Hope that everyone is enjoying the weekend. Next weekend my parents will be here, well, my mom and stepdad, then I will work and then I want to get away for a weekend if I can.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi,I think it's great people are drawn to you and open up to you. That is terrific you smile even though you may be having a rough day. I actually thought of that old saying; Smile it will make people wonder what you've been up to. But I think there is no point in being cynical and suspicious because the only one you are hurting is yourself.

I think there are more good people than bad and I guess I want to be optimistic that I can take people at face value. I would rather be disappointed than go through life thinking the worst about people.

It's kind of like dealing with my employees. Our job is extremely detail oriented and if we make a mistake it is a huge deal yet they don't want to hire A player people or pay them a wage that draws or keeps top notch employees. I could become a nasty, micro manager screaming and yelling at them for every mistake they make or anytime they are goofing off but I don't see the point. I am the one who gets upset and miserable about it and since they don't care anyway it won't change or help their behavior. Even their co-workers try to get me to push on someone they don't think is up to snuff and it's not worth it to me. Sure they could put in more effort but if I step on them they turn in a a whiner, complainer malcontent that only brings down the rest of the room anyway. I'd rather take 20 - 30 minutes out of my day and clean up their messes than deal with the constant hassle of expecting something that I am never going to get.

I sent you an email too but for those who on here interested in dreams that class was bizarre. They had us keep a journal and every morning the moment you woke up you had to right down as many and as much of your dreams as you can remember. As the days go by you actually start to remember more because you are concentrating on them. After that you start to analyze and think about them looking for emotions you had or felt while dreaming. How did they make you feel? What were you thinking? Were you a participant in the dream or an observer? We also would get assignments like this week spend 15-20 minutes before going to sleep about something like a childhood memory, a childhood friend, something that made you sad, angry, afraid, etc. The whole goal was to see if those thoughts showed up in your dreams. Mine usually (if at all) showed up the next night. I swear the more I trying to manipulate my dreams the weirder they got. I am glad I generally don't remember them anymore. Overall what I took away from the class that how you felt and what you thought during your dreams are the biggest key to understanding what they mean. It's not a science at all it's just hey this works or makes sense to me.

Marcy

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this discussion. I agree with both of you, OV and Marcy. Some people see kindness as a weakness, but actually many times it takes more strength. Marcy, I appreciate your wisdom in dealing with your employees. Being a micromanager just makes bad feelings. That was my mode of operation for most of my adult life, but in the past few years have started backing off & everyone is happier.

So interesting about dreams. I've played with that a few times; once in art school painted the night's dream every morning and soon I began dreaming more & remembering more. Also encouraged lucid dreams and ended up having a few, which felt startling. One time I woke up inside a dream and was flying a helicopter. That woke me up into real time in a hurry! lol

The book reading yesterday was OK. I think the book will be good-better than the reading : ) The authors voice was soft and I saw several older people around me fall asleep!
The author trained her pet German Shepherd to be a cadaver dog and went out on search missions with the police. Despite the subject, the parts she read were humerous. The best part of the outing was getting lunch with friends and walking around Fearrington & doing a little window shopping. Fearrington is a beautiful development with extensive gardens, a quaint village and the only 5 star restaurant in NC. It also has a "show" farm with the signature animal, the belted cow, that is the entrance to the village. http://www.fearrington.com
Here I am in my tacky tunic outside one of the cafes. It looks like spring, but it was very nippy out.
img_6533.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning girls!

Thank you for such a good discussion. I admire all of you who can see the best in people and would rather live life that way and be disappointed than go through life expecting the worst. Marcy, Jimmianne, Ovi and all the rest of you lovely NIRIDI girls.

Greg is like that and that is one of the things I love about him though at times it drives me crazy too. LOL. He brings out the best in me and I guess that is why we are attracted to certain people.

I am such a jaded NYer I guess because I steel myself for the disappointment but always hoping I am wrong so maybe I am not as jaded as I think? IDK. But it does seem that more people disappoint than don't. Though there are always amazing surprises and when that happens it restores my faith in humanity. I always hope for the best but know the possibility of the worst might happen so prepare myself just in case. I think of myself as a pessimistic optimist or a hopeful realist. :cheeky:

Ovi, I almost always believe it is best to tune into yourself and your inner feelings and cry if that is what you are and how you are feeling. Crying is a way of releasing those anxieties and sad feelings and is cathartic in many ways. Don't hold it back and don't think it is a bad thing. Everyone is different with how they work through issues and traumatic life events so there is no wrong way if it works for you (without harming others of course). I am a very emotional person and like you and many of the NIRDIs here I am in tune with those emotions and feelings and am also very intuitive. Greg said when he first met me he realized I am an old soul and very emotionally intelligent (Greg's words not mine) and insightful. Anyway I let myself feel the way I am feeling and work through why I might be feeling that way and release it as I need to. Releasing it through tears, through talking with someone I trust and releasing it through exercise, listening to music anything that allows me to work through those feelings and feel better.

Marcy, I didn't know your degree is in psychology. I love that field and always wanted to go into it but was discouraged by my parents who thought it would bring me down too much to become a psychologist/psychiatrist and wanted me to pick something with less sadness. As if that is possible given how sad life can be. I always wanted to help people work through their feelings and come out to a better place in life. Do you ever think of the road not taken? I am sure we all do at some point in our lives. I am always introspective sometimes a good thing and sometimes perhaps not. I think that is why sleep can be so elusive for me. I am always thinking too much.

Re lucid dreaming. I can do it (though not all the time) and love it when I can. It's cool when you are dreaming and realize you are dreaming and can change the course of that dream. The human mind/brain is amazing in every way.

Have you spoken to Marty yet about the NIRDI bling pic? We would be honored if he would consider it! Haha JK no worries though I think he is an amazing artist and really LOVE his artwork. I am not just saying that. And Greg loves that painting of the killer bunnies too. It's amazing!

80 degrees in Wyoming. So jealous. It is cold here again. OK I am ready for the nice spring weather to finally arrive please. Glad we will be in a museum today or at least that's the plan. Never know if it is going to change as there are a lot of people in the mix today.

Kristie, yay on the new furniture and a great deal! How are you feeling this morning? I hate it when I am nauseous as that is one of the worse feelings to have. I find flat ginger ale or flat coke helps as does fresh ginger which we always have on hand. Hoping you are feeling all better today.

Yes I am well aware that AmEx and Costco are parting ways next spring and am not too happy about that. I don't want another credit card as Amex is my go to card and while I have a backup for those places that don't accept Amex it is Mastercard so this means we will have to get a 3rd card which I don't want.
As Francesca would say (she talks to us all the time :bigsmile: ) Harumph!

Jimmianne, the book reading yesterday sounded interesting and let us know what you think of the book. It does sound like it may make a good read and the subject matter is fascinating IMO.

I agree that kindness is not a weakness (being a people pleaser however can be and always an important distinction IMO) and more often being kind takes more strength than not being a kind person. So I'm with all of you there. It just feels better to go out of one's way and be kind and generous and that is usually a good thing. Though I have a saying "Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me." Not my saying of course but a saying I internalize from being burnt a few too many times and it really helps when I have a question in my mind about what to do.

I too appreciate Marcy's wisdom in dealing with her employees. Jimmianne, like you, I had always wanted to control situations but agree micromanaging is damaging in the long run and creates bad feelings all around. What's that other wise saying. "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime." Not sure it pertains to micromanaging but in a way and it came to mind when I read what you wrote.

Jimmianne, I love that picture of you and thank you so much for posting it here. It is always helpful to be able to put a face to who you are writing to and I appreciate the girls who have done that here. I understand of course why those who have not haven't and please don't worry about not posting a pic of yourself. You know to whom I am referring and we totally understand given circumstances. But for those who have no such worries it would be great to "see" who you are. :appl:

I hope everyone has a great Sunday and am sending (((HUGS))) to all of you.

ETA: Adding the Harumph emoticon here. This is how Francesca looks when she Harumphs us...HRH does not like to be told no or managed in any way. LOL. She is the ultimate princess.

harumphemoticon.png

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I so agree, being kind to others is much harder or rather it takes more effort. Agree there, it seems that Missy, Marcy, Jimmianne and I agree about this, surely Callie will join us and Junebug too, many of the unselfish, good people. I cannot say it is harder to me because it is my nature that even when people are not nice to me I am never mean or vindicative though I must learn to take care of myself too and while I often think that bad people deserve punishment, I also think that generally life takes care of such people. Unfortunately, that often does not happen. Still, it is not my duty, job to take care of it and hurt them if they hurt me.

I believe in old souls too Missy and I do believe these people are not there yet, not where we are. I also believe that old souls suffer more. We can also withstand more. I am not sure if we are happier but perhaps we have a more fulfilling life and can learn from it. Often, it is not good experiences but eventually we will finish this wonderful journey life with many lessons learnt and feel that our time on Earth was not spent uselessly. Often with our very human feelings it is hard to comprehend why it appears that we suffer more. Perhaps because most humans are incredibly selfish and everything is about them and only them. To me life is not about me, it is filled with the love for others, animals and humans. Sadly humans are such that due to the selfish and narcissistic nature of many, they do not appreciate kindness, nor can they return it. Eventually I believe that this will cause more unhappiness in them which they often cannot even understand. The most cruel people in my life that I have known have all been very unhappy people.

I try to fill the lives of others with laughter and happiness. Yes, my ex husband blamed me for it too, how can you be always so positive. So then he had to drag me down with me. I resisted and resisted and this leg to aggression and abuse so I would finally feel bad too, it did eventually happen. So what you see in me now is not my usual self although I tend to be a very deeply feeling person anyhow. I must stand up again and that will take a while but also with you here I share a lot more than I would share with others.

I am very interested in dreams and other intuitive and subconscious things. I believe that yes while sometimes deep pains are easier to bare if they stay deep within, that way perhaps they will never be solved and if they surface and though scary but one can deal with them, it will eventually lead to a problem dealt with and a fresh start.

Hi Jimmianne, thanks for becoming my friend, I wrote to you privately!

I would really like to do a bit of shopping tomorrow, anymore even Hungary has the stores closed on Sundays, this is horrible, now not only Vienna and Austria but the entire Hungary too, this is total stupidity, I cannot get used to it. Even though I would like to get out of the store and shop for an hour, I cannot as I will be alone with the new goldsmith again and I cannot leave him. I so hate this. Hopefully soon, he will be more independent and get the keys and accesses so I can have an ok time even at work. For now I just have to survive this period even if I hate it. I do. I am scared of the security system and also opening and closing alone because the new guy is only there for four hours in the middle of the day. Hopefully I will do ok tomorrow too.

Happy Sunday everyone, working on these spring cleaning projects still.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I agree with everything you wrote. And this resonated so strongly with me...
"The most cruel people in my life that I have known have all been very unhappy people."

I completely agree. Happy people don't try making others miserable and instead want others to be happy to and to that end will do what they can to help others achieve those goals. And the reverse is sadly true. The saying "misery loves company" unfortunately has some truth in it.

You will do great tomorrow. Don't worry about it. I have 100% confidence in your abilities and you are such an asset to those you work for and with dear Ovi. Enjoy the rest of the weekend and happy Spring cleaning. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had to stop my workout when this song came on. It's a special song both Greg and I love and I want to share it with and dedicate it to all the NIRDI girls. (((Hugs))) and love to you all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0put0_a--Ng

Ignore the video and just enjoy the music and lyrics. :halo:

"Make You Feel My Love"

When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.

When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years

I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.

I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
And I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do

The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.

I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful song and a beautiful voice. thank you for sharing!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Awesome song, it really resonated, thank you, funny how we are on the same page as I was just thinking of going on youtube to get my music fix. Sometimes when I am feeling blue, songs and music really help. I love music whether I am in a great mood or a crappy mood. Love the lyrics. Thank you Missy.

Hi Jimmianne, good morning! Still cleaning away... a few more hours and the house will be done I hope. So glad we found each other!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you both enjoyed the song Jimmianne and Ovi. It's a beautiful song and a beautiful message.

Ovi, do you belong to tidal hi fi? It's an online subscription music service we belong to and I listen to most of my music this way. I make my own playlists for each mood and it is such a great quality listening music experience. I also listen to music all the time and depending on my moods different artists and different songs. If you have tidal let me know and I will share my playlists with you. I find youtube good for linking songs to others but not a great way to listen to music in general and those videos interfere with the listening experience IMO.

Like you I love sad songs and it almost always lifts my mood.

Just an example of some of the songs on my one my music lists from tidal.

Can't take you with me by Bahamas

At Seventeen by Janis Ian

Exes and Oh's by Elle King

Jeepster by T Rex

Unknown Legend by Neil Young

Common People by Pulp

Gone Daddy Gone by Violent Femmes

Sour Times by Portishead

Numb by Portishead

All Day and all of the Night by Flunk

A Sorta Fairytale by Tori Amos

Better Things by the Kinks

Wicked Game by Chris Isaak

Long Way to Happy by Pink

and of course Make you Feel My Love by Adele

Just to name a few of the songs on one of my lists.

OK we are off now to visit with Greg's family. Enjoy the day girls! :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OV, good for you. After you're done will you come over and help me [get off the couch LOL].
All you have to do is drink tea and yell at me.

Missy, thanks for your playlist. I am always looking for new music. I use the Rolling Stones & Stevie Ray Vaughn for housework and Krishna Das for art work. Those boys are getting tired of entertaining me so some new tunes are needed!

Hope everyone has the kind of Sunday they want - lazy or active : ) Just Be Happy : )

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ROFL Jimmianne, well, I was so tired this morning and did not feel like cleaning at all but I think that it was good today since it kept me occupied. Reading I would have much preferred especially reading all the threads on PS but right now I had no choice. Ok tea is in order but not yelling.:))) Sometimes cleaning does feel good as it cleanses my soul but I do not feel the same about this place as I used to about my condo in the capital. Anyhow, the day has gone by fast.

Now I have another hour of work, great. Then I will listen to some music and be here. I am also always searching for new songs, sometimes I get tired of listening the same ones over and over again, I have my faves for sure. I really love Tina Turner and Eros Ramazzotti Cose della Vita. I keep going back to this song, it has as special meaning to me, it was my favorite song with my ex fiancee. There is also a Hungarian song I love called "Diamond", you would not understand the lyrics sadly as it is a great song. In Hungarian it is called Gyemant by Kimnowak but you would really have to understand it. I have many faves but these two are on the top of my list right now.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap I am a sucker for sapphires. I am getting this one and now can't afford the EC studs but my ring will be gorgeous.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is the new sapphire.

_28406.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hahaha, I just knew it.:))) More pix please, it looks very nice, will you have a ring made Marcy? Congrats to you, I am sure you are thrilled. We want all the info we can get, happy rest of the weekend to you, I am sure you will be on cloud nine for a while. :appl: :wavey:

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1427665917|3854237 said:
Crap I am a sucker for sapphires. I am getting this one and now can't afford the EC studs but my ring will be gorgeous.

Marcy, I don't know why this made me smile...maybe because it sounds so familiar.
It looks terrific, but. more. photos. are totally necessary ASAP.

I'm happy for you!!! this is great.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1427666148|3854239 said:
Here is the new sapphire.

OMG she's GORGEOUS! I love that color! Oh please, say 18k yellow gold PLEASE!!!!! So so RICH and luxurious looking together!!!

Marcy, where did you find her? Screw the studs, get the sapphire! :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great pic, Jimmianne, is that a pink blooming tree behind you? You look great! Where is Puff? Is he managing the mini horses? Bob always says because Maggie isn't a ranch or hunting or vermin terrier, all that's left for her is to manage US :devil: He's right~!

Love the lyrics/poem, Missy :praise: I consider lyrics and poems the same.

Its 97 here today, pool is 73 degrees. Bob's birthday today, grilled steaks, Cesar salad, baked potatoes, angel food cake with strawberries and cream :sun: I wish you all were close enough to have celebrated with us 8-)

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Az, yes! the redbuds are just starting to bloom, the pear trees look like white clouds and even the maples are in flower :love:

Your dinner sounds very good. I'll bet we ALL wish we were there with you LOL ...mostly for you though. Dinner would just be a perk : )

I'm going to try to go to Yoga tomorrow morning. "Try" means being lazy about attending "guided suffering" .
So, a warning - - - the thread had better not go at the speed of light while I'm away :((

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi NIRDIs!

My name is Marcy. I am a jewelaholic.

I love the great discussions we have.

Jimmianne, I really agree with you that kindness, tolerance and not getting upset over little things is not a weakness. As I told my over judgmental employee a number of times; you have to pick your battles and the small stuff is not worth the grief it brings to the team.

Isn’t it amazing how once your start paying attention to your dreams you being to remember more of them?

You certainly had a nice day and you picture is great. You are a very lovely lady!

I am glad I’m not the only one who goes in to buy one thing and comes away with something else. I even told Marty this morning I wasn’t even going to ask to see any 1 of a kind sapphire because I will want it. What did I buy? A 1 of a kind sapphire. I did ask to look at a larger Kentucky Blue sapphire but I didn’t have to go crazy!

Missy, I definitely reach a point with people where they’ve shown they can’t be trusted or you know they just are good people inside and I interact with them accordingly. I think my small town ways and growing up in a close family make it easier for me to trust people yet my sisters don’t think the way I do so it’s hard to say. It sounds like you and Greg have a good balance on trusting people. I definitely would say Marty views people with a more cynical eye than me.

You have many good outlets for working through your feelings. It’s good we can find ways to get some of those bottled up feelings out.

I would agree being a psychologist or psychiatrist would be a difficult field dealing with a lot of heartache and sadness. I like the Geico commercial about the why former drill sergeants don’t make good therapists and he yells at the patient and calls him a sissy and jackwagon. For some reason that just cracks me up.

I was going to go in to social work after college but actually decided while the field was totally fascinating for me there was not way I wanted to do that for a living. I have the same problem you do not being able to shut down my brain at night.

I have not asked Marty about doing a painting of our rings but I bet he’d do it. That would be cool.

We had temps in the 60’s here today with chilly wind but still nice for late March.

I love the Francesca’s harrumph image. Too cute.

I really like what you said about misery loves company; that sure nails it on the head. Miserable people try to bring others down in their unhappy life.

Thank you for the nice song and great lyrics.

Ovi, I am with you in that I think life some how some way takes care of nasty people. I also don’t change how I act just because of them. I wouldn’t like myself if I turned in to a nasty, vindictive person and I don’t want a nasty person to change me.

You are so right most cruel, mean people that I’ve met are not happy people. Sometimes when you know their story you find they became that way as a defense mechanism. Others just simply are that way naturally.

Kristie, LOL at “screw the studs” I pretty much said those very words to my sister when I saw that sapphire. I am putting it in a WG ring that has PC accent stones. I will get the ring delivered Friday. I am very excited.

Happy Birthday to Bob! His birthday dinner sounds delicious!

So I went in today to look at EC diamonds for earrings and see about upgrading my 1.17 carat 6.5mm round Kentucky Blue Sapphire. The first 4 KB sapphires they brought me really didn’t look much larger than what I had. Then he brought out the one I bought and about then I was deciding forget the earrings and lets see what can I trade to help me walk out of here not feeling guilty?

The cut is a square cushion and is 1.90 carats with 7.98 x 5.96 measurements. Once the removed the old stone from my ring I tried holding the new stone over it and get my sister to take a picture of it for me but she didn’t know how to take pictures on my phone. Rats. I think it will look pretty cool though. I’ll post pictures Friday!

He did have 2 EC about .62 carats each they looked good enough for a pair of earrings but one was a G and one as an I. The I definitely looked yellow. They were about the same price as my 1 ctw ACA studs and I just won’t spend that much on this project. I think the size would look fabulous in dangles though. I’ll have to figure that out at some future date when I find some extra cash saying “spend me, spend me”.

We had a great day. My sister bought all of her family and us a ticket to go to a fundraising Japanese dinner and then she and I went jewelry shopping and Marty and my BIL went to the art store and Cabellas.

We all met up again for supper then got home about 8:30.

Have a great Monday!
Marcy

_28413.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Killer likes Fanta Orange soda too.

_28414.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lol Marcy these killer pix are killing me. :rodent:

I just somehow had the feeling that you would be walking out of there with a KB sapph. You know that has been your dream for a long time and when we talked about bling, you always mentioned a new KB sapph. I totally think you made the right decision because the EC has not come up so much until recently and now you fulfilled a desire you have had for a long time.

I love the new "sapphie". The shape and color look wonderful. Looks to be nicely cut as well based on the pic. Your old ring was really very pretty I have to say but I think the new stone of course has a very large presence. Are you scrapping and using the old setting? I am imagining it will be transformed. The old setting was very pretty but you also mentioned that now you will have PC accent stones so I am thinking it will be entirely different.

Out of curiousity, not sure you mentioned, how many cts is the new sapphire? Well, we cannot wait for you to have the ring back and getting many, many more shots of it in its new home and also of course on your hands.

You will have your EC dangles too, I know it but just have to dream about it for a short time first.:))) This will give you time to get the right pair. You are right, I too think the color difference would be obvious in that cut and I would not have gone for that either though yes the size is wonderful for dangles but it is a bigger project again. Of course I think that would look great too but one at a time.

Huge congrats girl and happy you had a wonderful day. Everyone else must have too, it has been awful quiet here on PS. Spring is here and everyone is getting out, opening their wings.

I agree I am also one that has a hard time shutting off my mind, hence sleeping very little at times because I tend to have a very difficult time and need long to unwind and I can never get to bed on time. After changing the clock, I now feel a bit knocked out, surely in part because it is now an hour earlier than when I would normally get up.

Time to go to work and then I will be home for one week straight. Hope you are all dreaming sweet dreams tonight my dear NIRDI friends and will see you on here tomorrow.

Kristie, hope your stomach is better and had a great time celebrating Bob's Bday and Missy, hope you had a nice meeting. Jimmianne, hope you got some spring cleaning accomplished too and the weather was nice there.

Callie, we miss you!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Kristie, please tell Bob a very happy belated birthday from me. I am attaching a happy birthday banner here for Bob. It sounds like you had a wonderful birthday together and all the best wishes to your dh. Hope all his birthday wishes come true! :appl:

97 degrees. That's a bit too hot for me but I am glad you were/are able to cool off in the pool. 73 degrees is reasonable. MY parents keep their pool in the mid 80's plus seriously. It usually feels more like a hot tub than a pool lol. And I know heating it costs a small fortune. But they love it so good for them.

Marcy, I love that beautiful blue sapphire. :love: Cannot wait to see it in your setting.
I feel safe in saying we are all jewelaholics.
But I, for one, am not looking for a cure. :Up_to_something:
C'mon Friday!

I agree the EC earrings can be for a future purchase and I am glad you didn't get the I color emerald diamond. Emerald cuts really show color especially if the other earring is going to be a G.

I think 60's is a nice temperature. Perfect for a light jacket and boots. :bigsmile: ;))

I am glad you enjoyed the day with your sister and her family. A Japanese fundraising dinner and jewelry shopping... What was the fundraising for?

LOL you are killing me. That picture of the killer bunny with the Fanta...priceless.The way his mouth/teeth are wrapped around the bottle. :lol: :lol: :lol:
I am glad you found the Harumph emoticon depicting Francesca's expression amusing. I am attaching a real life harumph picture from HRH Francesca for you to enjoy. :cheeky:

Whenever Marty wants to get started just let us know. I feel I can speak for all the NIRDIs when I say we are ready for our bling closeup. 8-)

Jimmianne, hope you enjoyed the rest of your day and that you let your Roomba do all of the cleaning. :cheeky: Enjoy yoga today! You will not miss anything here. It doesn't move that fast. Plus it's Monday morning so people are just getting their week started and it seems that this thread moves more quickly in the middle of the week.

Lucky you that things are blooming where you are...nothing here yet. Spring where are you? The allergies have come but still waiting for the flowers. 8)

Ovi, I hope you had a successful day yesterday re all your cleaning and chores getting ready for your mother's visit and that you spent the rest of the day enjoying some great music and relaxing and rejuvenating for the week ahead. Please check in and let us know how it is going.

Junebug, I hope you are having a great vacation and enjoying great weather and just loving being away from it all. Thinking of you and hoping you and your dh are having the best time. :appl:

Callie, we missed you this weekend and I hope you were enjoying yourself and have some new goodies to wear for the upcoming weddings. How did the rest of your weekend go?

We had fun yesterday with the family. We went to Eagle Rock reservation and they had a small memorial to the people lost in 9/11 and a great view of the city skyline. Then we went to the Thomas Edison mansion and museum. It was enjoyable and I love looking around very old homes and this mansion was interesting. Heavy handed in terms of furniture and decorations but appropriate for the time I guess. Everyone enjoyed themselves. Attaching a pic across from the Thomas Edison complex. It is a huge complex and not very scenic. I should have taken pics in front of Eagle Rock as it was way prettier and more scenic but I love the gritty pics too.

Have a good morning NIRDI's!

gjy7g.gif

thomasedisonvisitwithfamilymarch2015.jpg

francescaharumphingus.jpg

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
l-imgres-9.jpg
When I growz up me want harrrumffff like Francesca

l-imgres-7.jpg
me not! want da soda killer chompers!

lurking. leaving. love ya.