clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy. And she has on the sapphire ring I was thinking about too. Very pretty.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1422043048|3820991 said:
Girls,

How do you think the ring would look with sapphires instead of rubies. I'm just worried that they wouldn't be able to find rubies like the ones in the ring. Those rubies are so clear and I loved the color. Rubies would absolutely be my first choice if they looked like the ones in the ring. I would also like the ring to be on a slightly smaller scale. What are your thoughts. I will ask Sarah (SB624) if she would mind me making a very similar ring. If it makes her uncomfortable, I won't do it. The whole thing makes me nervous because a couple years ago I had a ring custom made similar to Junebugs sapphire. Well I had it made too large and have not been happy with the ring because it looks too large in my hand. Live and learn. I just would feel so much better seeing something on my hand before purchasing. I'm just don't want to spend money on a ring I won't wear.

Any thoughts or opinions you girls have on this would be greatly appreciated.

Junebug, I still feel sad when I see your sapphire ring. I wish mine had turned out like yours. Yours is perfect!

Missy, I can't wait to hear how you like your IPad.

Callie, I've had over 25 custom pieces made. Some went great, some went fine, some I was unhappy with and two were a disaster. Email me when you get close to wanting to do it and I'll give ya the 411 and I will also recommend jewelers for your review. You are well advised to be hesitant IF you go with one of what I call when I'm in polite company "the underfunded/underequipped" jewelers. One was popular over in Colored Stones for a good while and that business was nothing more than a glorified Ponzi scheme when it came to payment/receipt of jewel. If you went with someone like David Klass, Victor Canera, etc you'd be in good hands, the only imperative would be that you are settled on what you want pretty much when you open up discussion.

One thing is for sure with custom: You're going to pay more than had you found a piece of jewelry you liked and just bought it. Custom, you pay for that privilege.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, you and Marty crack me up, love the Killer Wabbits! That is a crime scene on Marty's Man-Couch for sure!

You must be near my age to love Monty Python, btw :lol:

I bought a really neat handmade teddy bear for a friend's baby and I loved it so much I bought MYSELF one! (There was about a 5-year span when all my friends were getting married and I was buying Waterford and Royal Doulton and I had none of that for myself so finally when I could afford to whatever I bought for them, I bought one for me too! Sometimes I still do it!)

So I brought him home and put him on my bed for giggles. Maggie the Westie got up there and dragged him off to her toy hoard and unless I want to be missing a finger or 3 she isn't giving him back anytime soon!

Love those bears and bunnies! Come February, how about a Valentine's Day theme, PG-rated of course :shock:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJs, it'll be interesting if your daughter will think LV is cool to carry when she is in her teens. You never know! When I was teaching high school I had to quit with Dooney & Burke when the girls were all carrying that. Then I went Coach, same thing! Now I buy leather goods from small shops, I have one Coach tote but its kind of magenta purple with orange lining so I allowed myself that one designer bag recently.

Even if not in her teens, maybe in her 20s or when she starts in the professional world.

If you have a DIL during the purse time you could wind up being the MOST BESTEST MIL IN THE ENTIRE WORLD!

Are LVs leather?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Kids: I lost the 5 pounds necessary to allow for buying at The Show next weekend :dance: I'm 1 week ahead of schedule. I'm going to try to lose 1 more pound so I can eat some tamales while I'm in Tucson and have gelato too!

I've lost 10 total. This puts my new goal at 40 pounds. I had to break it up into 4 or 5 pound increments or I'd probably off myself because carving away at 50 pounds is just too sad for me. So today I feel good about myself even though I'm still overweight.

Buy list for the show, there are a few things I'm looking for in terms of mineral specimens and interior design/decor pieces. Last year i surprised myself by buying a tanzanite cab and two quartz 'marbles' with the most beautiful silk gold rutile running through them, I had those made into very modern looking free form rings in silver. I mostly buy colored stones from Barry Bridgestock, who is a friend, or Gene Flanigan or Jeff White, Gary Braun. These are cutters who know their chrome tourmaline from green tourmaline, etc etc. When I buy from them I know THEY know what they are selling me. At the show, you have to be careful. There is usually a language barrier, there is a good chance of a knowledge barrier and you better know your stones and be carrying the right equipment if you're going to spend any real money whatsoever.

The year I got into all the wholesale shows, that was a mind blower and there were vendors I walked away from (mostly gave off a women-hating vibe) and vendors after a brief chat I felt comfortable with.

There were several diamond vendors there, I bought some half moons, D, VVSI, 30 pointers, to flank a Burma red spinel I'd just bought. I think with diamonds the only way to 'get a deal' is if the seller really wants that stone sold right NOW and there you are with cash. I thought there were amazing deals in the estate and vintage shows.

Rest assured, I'm taking my computer friendly camera and we will have show and tell with pics when I get back from Tucson. Hopefully I'll be sending all of you a little sumpin' sumpin' if the vendor I'm thinking of is present this year!!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie,Woohoo! You rock! So proud of you. I knew you would make your goal easily and then some.

I am very glad you are bringing a camera so we can live vicariously through you while you are enjoying the gem show. I cannot wait to see what goodies you find for yourself. And while I am excited about the possibility of receiving a gift (haha love gifts who doesn't!) from you please please do not worry about getting us something. That is too kind of you. Seriously.

OK now did I hear you mention the word gelato? :lickout:

My iPad air 2 has arrived and it's a beauty! Now I just have to see if I can remember my passwords to get onto my favorite sites. Darn passwords!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, we love the Month Python movies. Do you like them too? Rats you lost your cute bear to Maggie's stash of toys. Good idea to keep your fingers safe though. Congratulations of losing 10 pounds. It is a lot easier and more manageable for me to go for small goals. I seriously need to get motivated on losing weight. I am so anxious to hear about your experiences and finds at the gem show. Definitely load us up with pictures.

Missy, how are you doing with your iPad? I use the tapatalk app for Pricescope but it often doesn't show the pictures. I am excited you are playing with it already.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, you scored an ipad2!! woo-hoo! Even though I got one for my hubby, i use it a lot. and i told him i wouldn't. hahaha!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie...

10 pounds?!?!?! Like Missy said, "you ROCK!" That is awesome. Truly that is such an accomplishment. Well done. You can definitely do more if you want. Breaking it up into 4-5 pound increments is a smart way to approach it. Now you can celebrate at the gem show. Sounds like you are all set with a list of wants. I can't wait to see all the pics. Seriously, it will be soooo fun!!

My LVs that I am having trouble letting go are all leather, specifically the Epi line. Yeah, I don't see her carrying an LV as a teen. But as a young career woman, I can see her using them. Although I think it was Callie who suggested that I keep the LV bags for my DIL too. What a smart idea!! Although that is another 18-20 years in the future, I can keep them in pristine condition until then.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422054669|3821103 said:
Missy, you scored an ipad2!! woo-hoo! Even though I got one for my hubby, i use it a lot. and i told him i wouldn't. hahaha!!

Haha LLJsmom, that was ultimately why Greg ended up getting me one. He wanted his back lol. I was using his iPad mini while working out to listen to music from Tidal. I mean I just couldn't go back to XM after discovering Tidal. Plus surfing the web occasionally while listening to music and working out. It is heaven. So I have been using his mini and he hasn't been able to take it to work and read on the train and today he just decided it was time to get me my own. I decided to get the full size since it is not that much bigger or heavier but I do like the extra size over the mini. Especially because I will be mainly using it at home while working out and do not plan on taking it with me to work or anything.

I think you should get one too LLJsmom!

marcy said:
Missy, how are you doing with your iPad? I use the tapatalk app for Pricescope but it often doesn't show the pictures. I am excited you are playing with it already.

I love it Marcy! Thanks for the info re the cases. I am about to go check those out right now because I can be a klutz so I better get one soon. I don't think I will do Tapatalk if I won't be able to see the eye candy here because I wouldn't like that. No I need to see the eye candy. I will just leave PS open in my browser like I do on my macbook air.

Now tell the bunnies to behave and be sweet to the dear teddy bears and to watch over their mommy! And if they behave their Aunt Missy will have a treat for them. :cheeky:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I ask what you guys do when there is a thread where someone is being just so mean, and then in the process of insulting a specific person she ends up insulting a whole class of people? I want to say something but that thread has been derailed enough. I'm talking about thread DSS thread in Rocky Talky. Do you guys respond, and if either yes or no, why? Sometimes part of me feels that not responding is the same as condoning. But then I feel like with the person involved it would not make a difference. She does not seem to be a person who would be open to seeing another person's perspective anyway. Or is that being unfair? And another part of me doesn't want to get dragged into the vitriol, as she seems to enjoy being malicious, and that would just fan the flames.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, that is a great idea to keep your leather LV for the day your daughter or DIL enter the business world. I am glad you husband shares his iPad with you.

Missy that is funny Greg decided he wanted his mini back. I’ve wasted lots of money on cases for my mobile devices but I have always like the Tumi stuff. Marty said he left strict instructions for the rabbits to be nice to me and the bears while he is gone because he didn’t want to listen to me whine about them when he gets home. I will let the bunnies know you’re watching them too.

Yay for the weekend finally arriving.

Marcy

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Crap. I really tried not to respond but I couldn't help myself. I have a beloved family member who might be considered "special" and she does not drool on a keyboard. She is smart, capable, competent and a lovely person. That made me really angry. I try to not get caught up in these disputes. ***sigh***. Probably cause I didn't run yet today...

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CONGRATULATIONS KRISTIE!!!!! That is quite an accomplishment! You are well on your way now. It makes so much sense to break it down in 5 lb increments. We will have a party for you each time you meet a goal! I can't wait to hear all about the show and see your pictures. I wish we were all going together! Thank you so much for your offer to help me if I decide to go ahead with this project.

Missy, You are well on your way to becoming an iPad addict. I have no idea how it happens but it is as real as diamond shrinkage is. My husband tells me all the time that as soon as they have a 12 step IPad program he is dropping me off at the door. It is perfect for looking at pictures of bling.

Marcy, Are you also addicted to your iPad? What the heck did we all do before the Internet? Your bears are too cute. I had no idea you had so many. My husband had taken a few of my MIL's Bears after she passed away. Our dog acted very much the way Kristie said Maggie acted. She thought they were hers and hers alone. We couldn't let her have them because she would rip through them in minutes.

LLJsmom, My niece saved her babysitting money for her first LV. She was in 8th grade! We all thought she was crazy. She bought the white one with the multi colored symbols. She has quite a few LV bags now and is in her twenties.

I agree with you all in the ring having rubies. My husband wants me to think about it for a while. He knows how nervous I am because I haven't seen it on my finger. I had also thought of showing the picture to the antique jeweler and see if any of her contacts have anything even remotely similar. Another concern I have is I want the ring to look delicate and I'm not sure it will. The ring I bought before Christmas is very delicate looking on my finger. There was a ring on Lang's website about a month ago that had diamonds and emeralds. It looked very delicate but sold the very next day. I may need to make a trip to New York the next time they have a big antique jewelry show. What would you do?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heeeeey, thank you all for helping me slog these 5 pounds off. I really have to lose another 40 to safeguard my health and to regain some self respect. I give myself the rest of 2015 to get there. My heart is really broken over the estrangement with my parents and Bob doesn't get it, two counselors I saw were unhelpful with it. Coming here has been a lifesaver, talking to you guys, the camaraderie of terrific women like each one of you. I respect you all so much, you all have your $h!t together and enjoy life.

LLJs, do what feels right to you. Keep PS a happy place for you. People, sigh, the same way awful things roll out of people's mouths, same thing off the keyboard.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422060908|3821155 said:
Crap. I really tried not to respond but I couldn't help myself. I have a beloved family member who might be considered "special" and she does not drool on a keyboard. She is smart, capable, competent and a lovely person. That made me really angry. I try to not get caught up in these disputes. ***sigh***. Probably cause I didn't run yet today...

LLJsmom, I apologize. I meant nothing negative about using the word drool. I meant SDL's ring is gorgeous. I did not mean to offend you or anyone else.

Marcy

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1422059992|3821150 said:
Can I ask what you guys do when there is a thread where someone is being just so mean, and then in the process of insulting a specific person she ends up insulting a whole class of people? I want to say something but that thread has been derailed enough. I'm talking about thread DSS thread in Rocky Talky. Do you guys respond, and if either yes or no, why? Sometimes part of me feels that not responding is the same as condoning. But then I feel like with the person involved it would not make a difference. She does not seem to be a person who would be open to seeing another person's perspective anyway. Or is that being unfair? And another part of me doesn't want to get dragged into the vitriol, as she seems to enjoy being malicious, and that would just fan the flames.

I just saw this; I thought I offended you earlier when I mentioned drool about SDL ring. :appl:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, I can’t imagine life without my iPad or access to the internet. It’s cute that dogs like teddy bears. One of my employees has a dog that doesn’t like the stuffing in stuffed animals so apparently she carefully and thoroughly unstuffs them. Print out a picture of the ring you like and try it on your hand. Yes, I’ve done this many times. I definitely think you should find something you really like.

Kristie, you did all the hard work yourself but we are cheering you on from afar! All of you are very helpful to me and to each other. That is awesome!

I rounded up tax stuff tonight for my dad, my dad’s estate and us. I am taking everything to a CPA. I have no idea how to wrap up all the estate taxes. I hope I get a W-2 for my dad for his RR retirement check. He got one for last January. I don’t have everything yet but I like to get things in a plastic envelope so I can gather things as they show up in the mail.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, LLJsmom comments are from another thread where a certain PSer seems to loves stir stuff up. You don't have a mean bone in your body. LLJsmom know that about you as well.

LLJsmom, I just sent you a text. Ignore her. She had me seeing red in the post about woman, who are saleswoman or cashiers, wearing large diamonds, old money vs new money. I read the post on a day I was in a bad mood and responded because I couldn't believe how rude she was being. It only made me feel worse.

Kristie, If it helps you feel any better I totally understand how you feel. No matter what our parents have done in the past, they are the only parents we have. I think everyone wants to have a wonderful relationship with their parents, no matter what they have done. Come here to talk if you want to. My heart hurts for you right now.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, this thread is moving quickly!

Missy, I'm not too far from your beach house, an hour and a half. That's only 15 minutes more than the ride to my mother's, and I do that 4 times a week! lol! It would be so fun to get together at some point. I understand your apprehension about returning to work, but there's a good chance this will be good for you, so I'm excited for you in that respect. But nothing is etched in stone, and on the flip side if it doesn't work out you can just stop - it's one of those situations where you just have to give it a try and see what happens. Congrats on the ipad2, that is fantastic! Turns out there wasn't as much on sale at Ruby Lane as I thought…there was a yellow gold engraved band I was interested but it sold right away. :wall:

Marcy, you literally made me laugh out loud with your bear pics! :lol: SO funny! It's so great that you and Marty have such a good time together, I really think that's one of the most important things in a relationship. And I agree that it is very healthy and therapeutic to laugh. Oh, and I love Snoopy too, ever since I was a kid. He has got to be the cutest (and funniest) cartoon character ever!

Ovi, many hugs being sent your way! So sorry your husband is creating so much stress and worry for you - please take care of yourself and be careful. I'm glad work is keeping you busy and distracting you from all that is going on. Please check in when you can, I'm thinking of you!

LLJsmom, yeah, I know what you mean about those kinds of posts…I've learned the hard way to just ignore it, and not return to a particular thread if the comments are bothering me. It's just not worth the stress. Like Kristie said, I've made PS my happy place and just do my best to avoid topics and threads that bother me. I'm really sorry it upset you, I know the feeling.

Calliecake, thank you so much for the nice comments on my ring! I have to laugh though, because sometimes I wouldn't mind if it was just a *little* bit bigger :D ! I know what you mean though, it's important to get the proportions right so that it feels natural on the hand and something we're comfortable wearing.

Kristie, that is so great that you reached your goal! I know it's not easy, at all, and 10 pounds is such an accomplishment. I wish you could transfer some of that willpower to me, I'm having a hard time with my eating habits lately. :knockout: Can't wait to see pics of the gem show! You deserve to treat yourself to something special! And I just want to let you know I understand your feelings about the situation with your parents - it sounds like you did what you had to do to preserve your emotional and mental health, but it's clearly very difficult nonetheless. I feel so lame, because you are always so helpful, knowledgeable and have such good advice for us, and I don't have anything to offer you in return. All I can give you is my support, understanding, and concern. I am so glad that this thread has brought you some comfort, and it has really helped me too.

Jimmianne, it is so great to hear from you! I've missed you, I hope you start posting more!

Yikes, didn't realize it got so late, will check in tomorrow!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1422070776|3821223 said:
LLJsmom|1422059992|3821150 said:

I just saw this; I thought I offended you earlier when I mentioned drool about SDL ring. :appl:
Lol!! Boy I must have been in a bad spot not to have seen that. Of course we drool over a keyboard. We are PSERS after all. Marcy, :) I didn't even notice your comment. Callie is right. Nothing to do with you at all. Sorry. Just a bad coincidence. Hugs Marcy.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, if you have been dreaming about a ring like that for a while you should get it. (Finally looked at the link.). It's so unique and vingagy. I think ru IRS would be my first choice too! I hat you have gone t gem shows right? Are there shows around you? There is one i March around here. I would be more than happy to attend on your behalf and report back. ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Callie, if you have been dreaming about a ring like that for a while you should get it. (Finally looked at the link.). It's so unique and vingagy. I think ru IRS would be my first choice too! I hat you have gone t gem shows right? Are there shows around you? There is one i March around here. I would be more than happy to attend on your behalf and report back. ;-)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Just wanted to come over and say hi to everyone that I have not talked to in a while. Marcy those rabbits are something else, I had the best laugh in like the last month, really. BTW, I too love Monty Python, we even had a kitty named that.

Yes, I was thinking the rubies were very nice in that ring and we normally see them with sapphires here but we do have a lot of them here at stores and auction. As you know I have told many of you Nouveau/Deco are my favorite eras, that said originally I was making more classics for myself. Funny thing about it is one time when I gave my jeweler the freedom to make whatever he wants, I was so happy and it was a total but very positive surprise and since then the rest is history.:))) Now I pretty much only want to wear the Nouveau/Deco inspired pieces. I was not even going to keep that piece but by now if there is one thing I would not part with, it is that. What I really want to do is make Lalique/Fouquet inspired pieces, I am crazy about this. Not sure I would ever wear them but some are amazing, really, art. Love those dancers and butterflies, some owls, etc. Yeah, not so wearable, they really would be like art to me.

LLJsmom, forgot to congratulate you on your rings, of course gorgeous! Sorry Girls, now I have a headcold too, have had this sore throat and I get a bit forgetful.

Kristie, you rock girl! I am still at 6-7 pounds minus and want to stay pretty much here, well, maybe I could lose another 2-3 pounds but definitely do not want to lose more. I would hate to gain it back though. I am absolutely sure that you will reach your final goal. I think starting a diet is excruciating as you can be hungry nonstop, I know I am that way, then my stomach shrinks so much that I cannot even eat, so after a week or so, it is not a problem to keep dropping. I guess that everyone has a different method but for me starting is so hard. Well, now you deserve some awesome gems! I am so excited and happy for you!

Wow, where is that thread you guys are talking about? That would make me very very angry, the comment I mean. I try not to respond though because I feel that it is often oil on the fire and I may be the one that gets into trouble at the end. I love "special" people, working with them, having them as friends and my sister was "special" so I definitely jump on such comments, I better be careful but would still like to read what happened, will try searching.

Congrats on your ipad Missy! Now you guys make me want one. Missy, what is this special technology you will have to learn at work? I can relate as I am not good at these things either but I am absolutely sure you will learn, maybe it will not even be hard or it may take a while but you will prevail. No one said life was easy.

I am so happy we are here for each other though. Junebug how are you? Hugs to everyone else too.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, my heart breaks for you with respect for the unhappy circumstances with your parents. You did everything you could but you cannot change who your parents are. You deserve so much better. Bear with me here because I am going to try to share my thoughts but forgive me because I know it will not be as clear as I would like them to be as I do not share the communications skills and grace that you and so many other PSers have. (As Greg likes to say sometimes it seems as if English is a second language for me haha. Sad but true). :oops:

Though I am not in your situation I do understand how it feels when loved ones disappoint you in such a profound way. It's like a piece of you is gone but a piece of you that was never really there if that makes sense. Your heart aches for what you wish could have been instead of what the reality is.

Sometimes I make peace with traumatic circumstances by realizing that while things are not what I wish they were I have other compensating factors in my life that make it OK. This is the way I make sense of things I otherwise cannot make sense of...I think OK this situation with x, y, and z sucks but somehow the universe gave me a, b, and c and that makes it not only bearable but gives my life meaning, purpose and makes it wonderful. I know there is a hole in your heart where your parents unconditional support and love should be but I also know how much love and support you have from your dh (and others) and that keeps your heart full, healthy and strong.

Relationships with loved ones so often do not live up to our expectations and yes it can be heartbreaking. However then I realize we are lucky in our other relationships in such amazing ways that it is OK. We are OK and we cannot control or change the behavior of anyone as much as we want to (OK as much as I want to lol).

Greg always tells me to lower my expectations because no matter how old I get I am always surprised at the behavior of some people. I think there is something inside me no matter how much I want to think I am a pessimist that is an eternal optimist. So no matter how jaded I *think* I am I am really a child at heart hoping for the best from people but the adult in me knows to expect the worst. So I expect the worst but am pleasantly surprised occasionally.

Sending you much love and hugs Kristie.

LLJsmom, not sure what thread you are talking about but I will take a look around later. Don't let anyone upset you with their poor behavior though because they are not worth it. I am sorry someone wrote something insensitive and from what I gather it has something to do with the developmentally disabled and that pisses me off as you can well imagine. :nono: A few weeks (months?) ago Kenny wrote something using the word "retarded" which made me cringe because well the way he used it was insensitive but I realize he didn't mean to be insensitive so I just let it be if you kwim. I really wanted to say something and explain that we should not use that word that way (or any way these days as there are other better words) and how insensitive it really is. However I realized it was not going to be productive or even taken in the spirit in which it was intended so I moved on knowing that Kenny did not mean anything bad by using that word.

Marcy, one more week till Marty arrives home. Woohoo! Excited for you as I know it has been a long time away. Looks like my plans are thwarted this weekend with the darn snow. Do you have any plans? I hope your weather is cooperating and in any case I am with you. Yay for the weekend!

Glad Marty left strict instructions with the bunnies and bears so they watch over and protect you while he is away. Now if only he could teach them how to do the laundry and grocery shop we'd be in business haha. :appl: I have given up on teaching my kitties anything. They are very content just laying around looking pretty. That they do very well however. :cheeky:

Callie, did you get any of the snow we are getting? I sure hope the weather by you is OK and you get to enjoy whatever your weekend plans are. Yes I can see I might become an iPad addict. I swore I only wanted an Apple computer all those years ago and look at me now. Apple products galore. I know how it looks but I still dislike the proprietary aspects of Apple. They describe it as an ecosystem where your devices and services all work together but it has to be on an apple platform or it doesn't work. :knockout: Still not getting an iPhone though! 8)

Junebug, yay, that is not far at all and we would make it worth the trip. As you know Greg is quite the chef and he bakes too so you and your dh would be well fed and entertained. I promise. Now if we could only get a beautiful weather day we will be in business. C'mon spring and summer. Waiting (im)patiently! Sorry you didn't get that ring you had your eye on...a better one will come along though so no worries.

Thank you for the wise words about work. That is true and for that reason I will not stress (too much) about the work situation. There is a lot that is not ideal about returning but it is worth the try to be sure. I know I don't need work to give a sense of meaning and purpose to my life but it is nice to be working with the patient population I work with and it does make me happy to be with them. Hoping I can handle the computer stuff and my crazy boss. But I swore to myself after dealing with the challenges of 2014 that I would not overly stress myself with things I did not have to so one day at a time. My (and my dh's) mental and physical health comes first.

Do you have any weekend plans? Not sure if you are getting as much (or more?) snow than we are this weekend. If so a nice cozy weekend indoors is always good. For me though I wanted to get to the suburban malls but I might not be able to as I do not want to be driving on icy roads and so far that is what is being forecast right now. Be safe and enjoy!

Ovi, how are you? I hope you had a good night and restful sleep and happy morning! I am sorry you have a cold and sore throat. :blackeye: Just what you did not need now. Hoping it is short lived and that you are feeling back to 100% healthy very soon.

My favorite jewelry is art deco/nouveau as well and that is all I have been purchasing over the last few years though really didn't get much in 2014 at all. (There were other prevailing issues haha). Isn't all jewelry wearable art? I think some of those ideas you are talking about sound beautiful and I would wear them in a heartbeat.

I have to learn electronic medical records at work and navigate around an ophthalmology template and I know it will be challenging. Even if I wasn't technologically challenged it would be but being who I am with the computer abilities I (don't) have it is a whole other challenge. I think I shared with you guys here that a few of the older (category I am in sadly) clinicians have quit because of the challenges of EMR and I have heard of this happening in other clinics so it is not unique to my clinic. But as I wrote before I am going to give it a good try and just do the best I can. I am not going to beat myself up if I cannot handle it. These last 12 plus months (since I came down with Shingles in Jan 2014 and continuing on with all the other health issues) have done a good enough job at beating me up so done with that. I will do the best I can and what happens will happen with me doing my best not to feel badly if the outcome is less than what I wanted.

Ooh sorry for the book (again!). I just cannot be succinct no matter how hard I try LOL!

I hope you have a good day Ovi and as always sending you and all the other girls much love and big hugs. Enjoy the day everyone!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, I totally agree with what you wrote to Kristie, this is survival and that is how you and me and many of us made it through hard times. I, however, missed what happened to Kristie, why am I missing posts? I want to see it because I am not so selfish not to respond to others who are hurt. It is hard for me to sometimes navigate the thread I am sure. I also emailed you Missy, not sure you got it. I think I will take a short nap as I am really not feeling that great today. It was expected that stress would take a toll on me. But like you said, even though x may be awful now, I have a, b and c that are great in my life, I try to focus on the good things and this is how we keep a positive outlook. Perhaps you can refer me to the part Kristie talked about. I will also go search for that thread but only after my nap as I am a bit dizzy now, hope you have a great day Missy.

Well, you are certainly right, I would not mind wearing art but say I would not normally wear a pin but I would wear a bug pin from Faberge in a heartbeat and am dying to own one. I feel the same way about this dancer pin I would like to make that was a stunning Nouveau piece though I still prefer tweaking things and using originals as inspiration only.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze said:
Missy, I totally agree with what you wrote to Kristie, this is survival and that is how you and me and many of us made it through hard times. I, however, missed what happened to Kristie, why am I missing posts? I want to see it because I am not so selfish not to respond to others who are hurt. It is hard for me to sometimes navigate the thread I am sure. I also emailed you Missy, not sure you got it. I think I will take a short nap as I am really not feeling that great today. It was expected that stress would take a toll on me. But like you said, even though x may be awful now, I have a, b and c that are great in my life, I try to focus on the good things and this is how we keep a positive outlook. Perhaps you can refer me to the part Kristie talked about. I will also go search for that thread but only after my nap as I am a bit dizzy now, hope you have a great day Missy.

Well, you are certainly right, I would not mind wearing art but say I would not normally wear a pin but I would wear a bug pin from Faberge in a heartbeat and am dying to own one. I feel the same way about this dancer pin I would like to make that was a stunning Nouveau piece though I still prefer tweaking things and using originals as inspiration only.

azstonie|1422062964|3821165 said:
Heeeeey, thank you all for helping me slog these 5 pounds off. I really have to lose another 40 to safeguard my health and to regain some self respect. I give myself the rest of 2015 to get there. My heart is really broken over the estrangement with my parents and Bob doesn't get it, two counselors I saw were unhelpful with it. Coming here has been a lifesaver, talking to you guys, the camaraderie of terrific women like each one of you. I respect you all so much, you all have your $h!t together and enjoy life.

LLJs, do what feels right to you. Keep PS a happy place for you. People, sigh, the same way awful things roll out of people's mouths, same thing off the keyboard.

Dear Ovi, I miss things also here as it can move fast and sometimes we just miss posts so please don't worry! We all know how much we all care about each other so no one is feeling slighted even when some stuff is missed. I quoted her post that I was referring to...

I got and responded to your email just now.

Also just wanted to add Kristie that coming here and talking to all of you girls and sharing my feelings has been a lifesaver for me too. I am so happy this thread has helped others besides me because I started it out of despair when I was in the darkest of places and sharing my thoughts and feelings with you guys has been cathartic and life changing I think. I am not sure how I would have gotten through the darkest period of my life so far (and hopefully the darkest period I will ever go through fingers and toes crossed please!) without the support, encouragement and love of you girls. From the bottom of my heart I mean every word. I am here always for each and everyone of you as you have been and continue to be for me. (((Hugs))) and much love to you all.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Well, that does indeed sound like a serious and sad thing and I felt that I acted insensitive but yes it is hard to go through all the posts and not miss something, Kristie my heart goes out to you! I will write to you more in detail. It is unbelievable how much we all talk to each other here despite us talking to each other privately too. This really has to be the best thread because of who you are Missy and also because of having the best, most supportive, wonderful group of people here. I agree, this thread has proven to be a lifesaver to many of us indeed.

I am being bad, eating chocolate, still have not gone to nap with Sapphie, best thing in the world is taking a nap with a purring kitty. I rarely do this as I always feel that I will miss out on something.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, you were not insensitive in any way shape or form. We all miss posts. (((Hugs))) to you and have a good day and yes please snuggle with Sapphie a bit. And give her some hugs and kisses from me too!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results