shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, girl you've been through a lot and are still going through a lot. But you have gotten through and you are still surviving! Sorry I missed so much of what has been going on with you. I'm so sorry for the pain, and loss of your sweet Stella. I know she knows she was loved. I can see how finding your passion helped you keep it together. I get it. That is what got me running about five years back. I went from recreational running to half to full marathons in two years. Lots of pros and cons, too many to count. Got me through a tough time, but my family paid too. I lost time with them due to my training schedules. My body is beat up. Too many miles.

Jewelry and diamonds, two years ago. Who woulda thought I would gravitate towards these sparkly little rocks? For 15 years, I wore nothing but a plain band as my only jewelry. :lol: I hope you have a good day tomorrow. I tell myself, one day at a time...

azstonie, just gotta say, that thing with your mom? wow. I can hardly believe that one's own mother would behave in such a way. I'm so sorry. I can't imagine how you must feel. But you rock. I love that you say it like it is. Thanks for that. Contact me so I can send you candy. :lol: Part of my current therapy regimen includes sending candy to my friends. ;-) And yeah, I will get that book after xmas.

Junebug, thank you for your kind thoughts. I just turned in my work for the night, and will not deal with until tomorrow. Night times are hard. Mornings are much better. Each day is another day. I hope that tomorrow is good one for you.

Callie, I'm sorry about things with your family. I don't know what to say except just shake my head. It's amazing how good, and how BAD family relationships can get. Makes no sense. I grew up in a super small family. I'm an only child. Both my parents came from huge families, 10 and 6 siblings each. Can't even explain the dysfunctionality.

Marcy, I'm glad you continuing with your holiday plans, and doing what you want to do, whatever you can do. So thoughtful of you think of others and continuing to give even when you have the ache inside. Hugs to you dearest Marcy...

Missy, love all your pics, cookies and kitties. They are sooooo CUTE!! I was able to stop by See's. Next stop, the post office!!!! Yay!! Hope tomorrow is a better skin day. (((hug)))

And my ring did help me get through my days. I would look at the side view, and just smile. It's so pretty. Even the band is sooooo pretty. I am so happy with it. :love: :dance: :love:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol, thanks for that! I couldn't face what my parents are until they demanded $250k in cash (they had excess of $1M then) that they expected me to obtain by divorcing my wonderful husband. Toxic, crazy chaos-causing narcissists.

They wanted the funds for a very short term investment of some kind.

Btw, I'm an only child myself :loopy:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1419224143|3805540 said:
Lol, thanks for that! I couldn't face what my parents are until they demanded $250k in cash (they had excess of $1M then) that they expected me to obtain by divorcing my wonderful husband. Toxic, crazy chaos-causing narcissists.

:-o OMG...no words. Except maybe it's a good thing you don't have siblings? Not to speak disrespectfully, but how did you turn out as normal as you did?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Ovi, I am so sorry you had that allergic reaction and I hope you are feeling all better today and that your eyes have calmed down by now. Please be super careful about putting anything on your eyes for a while. I totally understand how you feel believe me. Since October most of my lashes (and I thought I had pretty lashes) have fallen out and my lids are swollen. And I have not been wearing any eye makeup at all. All part of whatever is happening with my body and I am just dealing with it and trying not to focus on it if you kwim. Hugs to you Ovi. Hang in there and I hope you are feeling well today.

I hope the rest of your weekend went smoothly and that work wasn't too stressful. I am sure you cannot wait to see your mother because if I remember correctly you didn't get to see her last time. I am also sad to read of all that you have went through but so happy you are feeling better and happier these days. I agree that getting out helps though sometimes we just want to stay inside at home away from the rest of the world. Believe me I have had those feelings often this year but I have fought them and know when I get out I feel better at least a little. So glad these are better days for you dear Ovi and we are here for you no matter what. I have a feeling if you visited the states many of us would plan to meet at a GTG. Something to keep in mind for the future. :appl:

I had a revelation about my perioral dermatitis (that and doing more reading/research) and I am now implementing zero therapy. Meaning doing as little as possible to it. I have not washed it since Saturday nor moisturized it (though my skin is terribly dry) and certainly no makeup or sunscreen. It still hurts and is irritated but definitely feels a bit better and looks a bit less angry. So we shall see how long I can continue this and what happens to my face doing this zero therapy. I only wish my dermatologist had told me about this because I could have started this weeks and weeks ago. Not sure it will help but it is "common" knowledge about perioral dermatitis. Zero therapy. What is wrong with our doctors these days? My derm is so smart yet doesn't tell me about something so critical. Not the first time he left something out either though I will say he is better than most so not switching derms anytime soon.

I am still taking Oracea and hoping it will kick in and provide relief soon. Obviously I am going to have to wash it soon and moisturize a bit but the key is to do as little as possible as perioral dermatitis wants to be left ALONE. According to what I have been reading about it in the medical journals. Come to think of it I want to be left ALONE also haha. Not by you guys just by life in general and I think you kwim. LOL. YAY for days getting longer!!! :appl:

Junebug, thank you for being here and I hope you enjoyed the rest of your weekend. Your ring is TDF and too bad if people are jealous of it. You should enjoy and rock it and I am glad you don't care what small minded petty people think.

I agree completely with counting one's blessings and realizing all that is good in our life. It can be challenging at times but ultimately it comes down to the good outweighing the bad. Though some times are definitely going to bring us down more than others because life is full of pain and obstacles. I never had real issues anxiety-wise until this year. I was always able to deal with things but this year was overwhelming in many ways. Remembering who and what we do have in life goes a long way. So glad these days are good ones for you!!!

I did enjoy my family's gathering at my parents house yesterday. It went better than I anticipated and we arrived an hour or so after everyone and left a bit earlier than everyone so it was the perfect amount of time and my mother was surprisingly understanding. And LOL I turned the thermostat down from 73 (not too bad though) to 69 and no one touched it the whole visit. Amazing. And my BIL was empathetic which is quite unusual for him so either I am really bad or he is softening in his old age haha. No matter the reason I am grateful it all went well.

Oh and my aunt at first (remember my aunt and uncle hadn't seen me since July 7th surgery day) said I looked wonderful and then she criticized my weight that I was too thin. A few times. And later she said I looked wonderful again. OMG how can I be too thin and look wonderful. I think she had a few too many martinis if you kwim.

And Junebug, please remember this thread is not just about ME anymore but about everyone who posts here. I want it to be a safe haven for all that want to visit and vent and share and hopefully feel better after doing so. We are here for support, comfort, encouragement and lots of (((hugs))) and much love. So please "threadjack" away!!! :appl: :wavey:

Callie, thank you so much. You are such a supportive and empathetic kind person. In fact I have to say how lucky I feel because all the wonderful women here are amazing.

I hope yesterday the basement cleaning went well and you managed to get rid of the stuff you don't want/need and keep the stuff you do want. I know how it is with an organized dh who ruthlessly disposes of stuff (or crap as he calls it lol) that I want to keep. I have to be ever vigilant or he would declutter everything hahaha.

So glad your headache is better and I hope by this morning it is all gone!!!

Kristie, thank you. I like the boots as they are very different from all my other SW boots. The quilting adds some visual interest and best of all because they are not suede I feel OK about wearing them in the rain once we treat them with sno-seal. Most of my SW boots are suede so not great for rain and as you know it rains a lot in the NE. Lucky you being where you are in sunny Arizona!

Haha HRH Francesca does not have a crown per se but don't worry. We all treat her like royalty around here lol. In fact I think you know her full name. I posted it a while back in a thread about animal names or some thread like that. Her full name is Francesca Veronica (and then our middle and last names which I won't print out here but you guys know) H...W...B...Darling, Queen to Be of all that lives, all that has ever lived and all that will ever live, we bow to your knees....HAHAHA yes we are crazy. But you had to realize that about 50 pages back lol. :lol:

As always a very informative post Kristie. Thank you for sharing all of that helpful info. I am so sorry for all you went through to get to where you are now but so grateful you got through it and are stronger and wiser for it. Hugs!

Monnie, thank you for stopping by and for all your good wishes and please feel free to join in the conversation and support here. We would love your company and you are more than welcome here! Hope the holiday season is going well for you and your family!

Marcy, how did your gathering go yesterday? I was thinking of you yesterday and I hope everyone enjoyed themselves and that you had a wonderful day! And if you have any of that cheesecake left over...send it here! :lickout: :cheeky:

LLJsmom, Hi! So glad you got through the weekend and are sounding better. Exercise helps me through stuff too and though I never ran marathons (wow that is hardcore good for you) I used to love running for that endorphin high. It was wonderful but then as you know running beat me up and caused some knee issues so I really had not run for a while though I still enjoyed running in the sand (softer on the body). Sadly I am not allowed to run anymore even on the sand but hey that's OK. There are other activities I can do and as long as I am able to cycle by the ocean I will be a happy camper!

OMG I never heard of Sees but I think I am going to LIKE it. :bigsmile: Chocolate is my weakness. My aunt baked a chocolate cake yesterday that was TDF and so heavy that I still feel it inside my stomach lol. But I don't regret having some of it anyway. Hey you gotta live a little yanno? :cheeky:

And don't stress about stress eating. When I do that (and I do believe me!) I don't beat myself up about it (especially during the holidays) and I just get back on track and continue working out no matter how I am eating and it always makes me feel better. That's why when I couldn't work out for 14 plus weeks I was very worried that I would fall apart (mentally/emotionally and not just physically though that was a concern) but somehow I made it through with much of that credit going to you guys helping me through the way you all have and still continue to do. You all mean so much to me and I know that might sound crazy having never met IRL but it's true. The support and encouragement you all generously gave me throughout helped me survive this ordeal. (((Hugs))) and thank yous all around!

Hope I didn't leave anyone out of my reply! Here are a few pics of my nieces from yesterday. They are wearing the holiday dresses Greg and I gave them on Thanksgiving. They are growing so fast even though we saw them 2 weeks ago they got bigger if possible from then LOL.

hanukkah2014.jpg

hanukkah2014.jpeg

girlshanukkah2014.jpg

alexahanukkah2014.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, sure glad your dinner went well and no drama. :). Your nieces are just the cutest things ever!!!!!!!!! I love their beautiful happy smiles. I bet they warm your heart. :saint:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1419224873|3805551 said:
azstonie|1419224143|3805540 said:

:-o OMG...no words. Except maybe it's a good thing you don't have siblings? Not to speak disrespectfully, but how did you turn out as normal as you did?

My friends with sibs tell me its not the Disney movie thing I always thought it would be (sibs would love you and support and be close to you always).

Regarding normal, my parents are well educated (Master's) people who had lovely manners and a solid understanding of etiquette. They were terrible parents, both narcissists and my mother is a sadist, should never have had a child. So I was always well dressed, polite, a people pleaser, never caused anyone inconvenience (cardinal sin in my parents' home) and kept everything a secret (until I went to therapy). I've got a divorce under my belt, two broken engagements, and I had trouble in certain professional environments due to the control I went through with my parents. its been a rough ride at times, trying to 'fix' myself while trying to have an ongoing relationship with my folks. I finally had to face facts and cut them off, its hard to lose your family of origin but its better than losing my dear husband and everything we've worked for thus far. I'm hoping that as time passes I won't be so sad, I'll just be relieved that I finally woke up and dodged the bullet.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your nieces look adorable in those party dresses! So cute!!!! Glad it went well with the temp and the rellies (relatives). Re your aunt and the thin/wonderful comment, hahaha, she's most likely one of those "Can't be too rich/too thin chicks!"

Re the perioral derm, I think doing NOTHING is the way to go. When I've had it from the embrochure plate on my flute, my doc told me to leave it alone, nothing on it, no washing and no touching. I do that, it goes away. So you got a confirmation vote from me to give this route a try.

I think the fact that you feel a tad better is a supporting argument to go this direction.

The old school doctors at Mayo in the Internal Med Department had a phrase, "The tincture of time" to describe that doing NOTHING is actually doing SOMETHING. The tincture of time will resolve some things nicely. Some doctors are tinkerers, they throw a lot of meds and activities at a problem (illness) and leave it to you to sort it all out.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls, It's wonderful to come here and read everyone's posts. Thank you so much Missy for being so generous with your thread. One day we really need to pick a city and plan a get together. How much fun would that be.

Missy, Your post this morning put the biggest smile on my face. Some of it made me LOL. I think your doctor comments are pretty common nowadays. Heck, I know I have learned more from Kristie than I have from doctors. Kristie I wish I'd known you when I was going thru menopause. I'm sure you could have helped more than my doctor did. I wonder how much of what we say at the doctors office is even heard. I learned more from the Internet than the doctor.

You holiday sound like it went so much better than what you were expecting. I'm glad you mom and BIL were compassionate with all you have been going thru. The comments about your aunt had me laughing out loud and reminded me that I need to find something to wear that makes me look heavier before our family get together haha! If I ever become that kind of aunt, please slap me silly!

Your nieces are so adorable. Those little faces are just the cutest! They could brighten anyone's day! I'm sure they had lots to,tell yiu yesterday. I miss the days when my nieces were they ages. I remember one Christmas when mine were the ages yours are. They wanted the ugliest suede coats with fake fur on the hoods. I bought them but we're sure they were going to change their minds about them before Christmas so I didn't dare scotchgard them. They didn't, and we all piled in the car Christmas Evenand spent an hour driving around trying to find a drug store that had scotchgard. The four of us then spent 1/2 hour in the basement scotchguarding their coats so they could wear them Christmas Day.

OV, If you ever come to the states please count me in as one who would love to meet you in person! You are so much stronger than you ever give yourself credit for. I too hope you are able to spend time with your mom soon. I know you miss her.

Kristie, You can become part of my family any time you want. Seriously, any time!

Junebug, I can believe anyone would make anything but complementary comments about your rings. Your jewelry is beautiful. My guess is you know a few people who have be bitten by the green eyed monster. Does your daughter love your jewelry? I'm sorry you've been feeling down lately. You have been dealing with so much lately with your mom. Which I'm sure it affects how you are feeling. Please be kind to yourself and come here often.

LLJSmom, I hope you have been able to fit some time in having fun with your kids. I have been meaning to ask you what you daughter thinks about your ring?

Marcy, How was your holiday dinner with your family? We have missed you! I hope you are doing well and have been having too much fun with your sisters to post.

Monnie, It was so great to see you post here! I hope you will come back often.

I didn't end up in the basement yesterday. As I was getting ready to walk out the door to run errands I received a phone call with more family drama. The headache came back quickly. At least I know now it's stress related. Good news was my husband gave me a pass on the basement! I am seriously thinking of planning a vacation for next Christmas. One of my girlfriend does this every year and is disappointed they didn't go away this Christmas. When i spoke to her this morning she said lets all plan something together next year. We were thinking we would lay on a beach under an umbrella while our husbands golfed nearby.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Callie, and thank you for that!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi ladies!

LLJsmom, thank you! How is your day going? I hope work is less busy and you are enjoying family time. And less than 2 days till the 24th!!!

Kristie, you are so helpful in so many ways and you know how much I/we all appreciate all that you share with us! But even more importantly your company is wonderful and you are not just a wealth of info for us. And I ditto Callie on being welcome to join our family as well! In fact we might have to fight for you. :cheeky:

Unfortunately the perioral derm is looking angrier right now and feels a bit worse than yesterday. I am still doing the Zero therapy but getting a bit nervous. I guess it is a waiting game right now and the only thing left is to up my antibiotic dose but not sure that is the smartest thing to do given my prior severe esophagitis...

Thank you Kristie and Callie for the compliment re my nieces. They are full of energy and happiness and it does help me feel better when I see them. I wish I could see them more often but we are seeing them NYE so soon enough. I cannot believe NYE is almost here already.

Callie, I am so sorry about your SIL and the family drama. Why are there always people who like to cause drama? I just don't get it. Anyway big hugs and I hope your headache is getting better again and that you are not letting your SIL upset you. I definitely think planning a getaway next Christmas to someplace warm sounds wonderful! And don't forget you always have us to visit here in the spring/summer/autumn if you want a beach getaway. Same invite to all you girls!

OK so I have a problem ladies. LOL. I just bought another pair of boots in the taupe/tan color I have been lusting after. It's not the Topo color though I do love that color but that color might be too impractical because it is so light. So instead I ordered the tan/beige color and I hope it is as pretty as it looks on the website. I have never seen this color SW boot IRL so it is a bit of a risk. We'll see if this order actually goes through...I overnighted them. I really do not need another pair of SW boots but sometimes it helps dull my pain. :wink2:

Hope everyone is enjoying the day and I am looking forward to hearing how everyone else's weekend went and how the holidays are shaping up. :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, your coping mechanism is keeping people employed; namely, bootmakers!!!! Nothing to feel guilty for there, no way!

Its really cheering, having the PS Family to come to, I so appreciate you all and the kindness and warmth here :D

Missy, re the angry PD, I'm thinking its the immune bucket toppling and now its emptying, maybe give it a week-2 weeks of the tincture of time to show you where its going? I think Zero/tincture of time is worth giving a true trial.

Re Christmas, Bob and I and Finn and Maggie (The Westies) will be cooking a prime rib on the rotisserie Christmas Day (since Finn's brush with death he gets to determine all holiday menu items and he requested Whole Foods' prime rib!), with scalloped potatoes, asparagus, rolls, salad, a Cabernet, and Hot Chocolate Souffles that I saw at Costco and when I was holding the pack of 8 to my heart Bob said "Just get them!" so I did :lol: That is the menu. Christmas Eve will be Beef Lombardi from the Southern Living Cookbook, side dishes, and a Kahlua Chocolate Chip bundt cake (I have a William Sonoma cathedral pan that I dust with powdered sugar for the snowy effect on the gothic windows).

I'm going to binge-watch Scandal and The Blacklist, as I just completed Breaking Bad and Sons of Anarchy. Low brow all the way!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Hi Missy, I can't wait to see the new boots. The color sounds perfect. What are you planning on wearing them with? I think you may need a new dress. This is how I look at it. If it makes you feel happy for an hour it was well worth the money spent. Just consider the boots a therapy session haha! And since it's true confessions time, I went out for an hour and came home with a dress, skirt and two sweaters this afternoon. The dress and skirt were marked down to $29.00 each. I couldn't resist. The skirt would look best with a great pair of boots. Enable me Missy!!! Hey the way I see it we are just doing our part to help the economy!!

Kristie, Your Christmas dinner menu sounds incredible. Now that we are officially family what time would you like us to join you. Missy, I'm sure Kristie and I have room for another sister in our family. There is no reason we need to fight over Kristie. She already belongs with both of us...don't you agree!

I still have the last Scandal episode to watch.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hee, you crack me up, Callie!

1 PM, if earlier you can drink champagne with Finn on the patio and watch the rotisserie turn!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your killing me Kristie! Sitting on a patio drinking champagne sounds wonderful! How I wish I lived someplace warm. It's 39 degrees here and raining. We consider ourselves lucky that it's 39 degrees!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
65 and sunny today, Callie, and I've got a half-case of French champagne...Finn is excellent company too!

isaku5

Ideal_Rock
azstonie|1419291906|3806097 said:
65 and sunny today, Callie, and I've got a half-case of French champagne...Finn is excellent company too!

We're in the freezing north and any de-icer would be great by the fire :appl: :wavey:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
French champagne, excellent de-icer!

Isaku, how far north are you? I lived in Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska, before we moved to AZ.

My most remote location on the job was Adak NAF, I was the Alaska DEC CERCLA (Superfund) project manager. Adak is in the Aleutian Islands.

Callie, is it Chicago for you?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, your Christmas plans sound wonderful. Including the binge watching of those shows. Callie and I will be there early to drink champagne with Finn. :cheeky:

You're killing me with your amazing weather...Isaku I think you need to join all of us at Kristie's for Christmas. :wavey:

Callie, OK we can share Kristie. I think that's a good plan. We are all PS sisters anyway. :appl:

Ooh Callie you need new boots to go with your new skirt. I think we have some more shopping to do. :devil: What are the colors of your new outfits so I can help you find the perfect pair of boots. :Up_to_something:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1419293562|3806110 said:
French champagne, excellent de-icer!

Isaku, how far north are you? I lived in Juneau and Anchorage, Alaska, before we moved to AZ.

My most remote location on the job was Adak NAF, I was the Alaska DEC CERCLA (Superfund) project manager. Adak is in the Aleutian Islands.

Callie, is it Chicago for you?

Hi Kristie, You know I already love Finn! Yes, I live in Chicago. We are supposed to get a few inches of snow on Christmas Eve. Sitting on a patio enjoying warm weather sounds like heaven. Although I really shouldn't complain. I think it's much worse where Isaku is from.

Hi Isaku :wavey:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mussy, I bought two dark gray knit skits. They have a zipper all the way down the front of the skirt and the fall just below the knee. They are the same skirt. I bought one online last week and found the other one at the mall today. They are casual and would look cute with a black sweater and boots. The price was so good I couldn't pass the second one up.

My name is Callie and I'm a shopaholic.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha I'm right there with you Callie. I would have done the same. A good deal is a good deal! And I think you need a pair of lovely (black or charcoal) suede almost to the knee boots to go with your beautiful new skirts.

My boots were already shipped and due tomorrow. I had it sent to our beach house because we were planning to leave tomorrow to go there but now I am not sure what I want to do as it is supposed to rain here and there for the next few days. Not that it matters actually because the way my face looks I need to stay inside as much as possible LOL. Still have my sense of humor at least. That and some good looking boots. :cheeky:

Do you model your new clothes for your dh? I do and I know his eyes glaze over after the first number of dresses haha.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think next year we have the winter GTG here in AZ and we trek to Tucson together for The Show.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1419296472|3806140 said:
I think next year we have the winter GTG here in AZ and we trek to Tucson together for The Show.

If my face is better by then (please please please :pray: ) you just might be able to entice us to come to sunny arizona next winter. Our main problem is who is going to watch our 4 kitties. My parents have 6 cats so that is out. I am sure I can figure something out before then. The real obstacle will be my skin!
But I am liking the idea of sun and warmth (and gems!!!) in the winter that's for sure. :appl:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You guys are killing me!! Lol! Missy, you and your boot therapy! I love boots. I would wear them every day if I could. Those quilted ones are fab. Very NY.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1419296886|3806146 said:
You guys are killing me!! Lol! Missy, you and your boot therapy! I love boots. I would wear them every day if I could. Those quilted ones are fab. Very NY.

You could LLJsmom, you could! That's exactly why I purchased the tan/beige boots. Definitely a warmer weather possibility. :bigsmile: I can easily wear them in 70 degree temps though I do draw the line at 80. :rodent:

How did your Monday go? Are your kids excited about the holidays?

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I can PROMISE you that here, the capital of plastic surgery in the US, everyone from here would just assume you'd had a chemical peel.

But you'll be good to go by Jan 2016. Your face will be long recovered by then. :bigsmile:

I've been going to Tucson for around 12 years now. If you have questions I might know the answer. It's a lot of fun if, in addition to the gemstones and jewels you also enjoy dinos, fossils, minerals, etc. I get a kick out of the chi chi interior designers dropping big bucks on what I call interior decorating minerals. I myself deeply covet the fossilized sinks, quartz countertops of ammie and smoky quartz, jasper tabletops, you name it.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, Your face will be healed long before 2016. I promise!

The boots are shipping already. Wow that was fast! I can't wait to see what you wear them with.

I never model anything when I buy it. My husband sees everything for the first time when we are going out the door As long as I'm happy I don't really he cares much about what I wear. He always says everything looks nice. Who knows if he is really being truthfully. It's probably more of a staying alive tactic! He's pretty smart. He does tell me if he doesn't like what someone else is wearing though.

Kristie, Doing anything in Arizona while it's freezing here sounds wonderful!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everyone! I am so far behind on this thread. We had a busy weekend getting ready for the family Christmas.

Azstonie, buttermilk pancakes and hot chocolate sound delicious. I so agree flying in and out of Wyoming is a PITA and there are sections of this state that have absolutely no accommodations. I like the open spaces and low population but of course you give up things to have that. I am sorry to hear your parents are so awful to you. And you had my attention at Kahlua Chocolate Chip Bundt cake. Mmm! I went to the Tucson gem show 3 years ago. It was awesome. I got my tsavorite garnet there.

Callie, I think I’m a shopaholic. I got very used to buying new jewelry all the time when I was teaching part time. I got paid once a month and so at least every couple of months I was off looking for a new treasure. I am glad you like your new ring and put the other one on layaway. I hope your sinus infection gets cleared up soon. Those are so miserable! Think of your pretty new rings; maybe that will help. Can you maybe celebrate Christmas twice; once on Christmas eve then with your niece on Sunday? Don’t worry about being upset with your mom; I can understand the frustration. My in-laws always seem to care more about spending time with their friends than their family, which I don’t get either. That is very sweet of your niece to pay for your nails. Planning a Christmas get away for next year would be fantastic.

Missy, I hope you had a good night’s sleep. I am so sorry the new cleanser and moisturizer was so irritating. I am sure the lady at the store only wanted to help you and didn’t think a thing of you crying. Trust me girl I’d be doing the exact same thing. I am glad to hear the Zero Therapy is helping. I know just leaving my rashes and breakouts alone always seemed to be the best for me anyway. It is nice having Marty home for a few weeks. Our dinner with everyone went well. The cheesecake turned out good. I make mini chocolate chip all the time. I haven’t bought the gold mini but that is probably next on my list. There is NOTHING wrong with my other iPad mini though. That didn’t stop me with my iPad though. My parents kept their house between 75 to 78; even I was hot in their house. Your new boots look terrific. I love Francesca’s picture. I am delighted to hear your family visit went better than your anticipated. It sounds like you had a nice time. Your nieces are so adorable. I hope you love your new boots; I bet the taupe/tan color will go great with a lot of your clothes.

Ovi, working on several projects for jewelry sounds like a great time to me. Of course I’m doing the same thing all the time but first I have to figure out where the money will come from to pay for it. We are like chess players; planning multiple moves ahead. How awful what happened with your eyelashes. I hope those feel better soon.

Junebug, I love cheesecake too. Marty and I enjoyed the last 2 pieces tonight. I am delighted to hear you got a chance to go to the beach and spend time relaxing. I hope you enjoyed the ocean for me; that’s a sight people from Wyoming rarely see.

LLJsmom, sorry you miss out on getting ready for the holidays and shopping. Do you get time off after Christmas? Stress eating is certainly something I identify with. Two things that work for me is paint my fingernails or floss and brush my teeth. They both keep me from snacking. I am glad your beautiful ring helps get you through the day!

Hi Monnie!
Thank you all so much for thinking of me yesterday. We all kind of reminisced about my parents and I got a little misty eyed sometimes but it was a good day. We didn’t get my parents Christmas decorations out to go through because we just ran out of time. I did break one of my small Christmas plate; I dropped something on top of it out of my cupboard.

We didn’t really have any family drama and seeing my little nephews was fun. I got to visit a bit with one of my nieces who lives in Washington so that was nice.

Yes ladies I am tired and sore today. I am better tonight than this morning. I picked up tacos on the way home; I wasn’t going to spending time doing dishes again tonight. I had enough of that yesterday!

Speaking of warm weather; we sure don’t have it here. Snow, cold, blowing. YUCK!!! You’d think it’s winter around here or something!

Have a great day tomorrow.

Marcy

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Marcy, I'm so happy you had a great time with your family. I'm also glad Marty gets to stay home for a while. We have missed you here the past couple of days but have thought of you often. Your cheesecake sounded delicious. I hope everyone appreciated all your hard work.

Kristie, I have no idea how I missed it but I just read the post about your parents. I am so sorry honey! Thank goodness you had Bob in your life! Although I'm sure if I spoke to Bob he would say he's the lucky one. I''m so glad your here with us!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Woke up at 3AM and that was it. Got out of bed at 4AM and enjoyed some very strong coffee. The small pleasures. Planning to go to the beach house today despite the nasty windy rain predicted for the next couple of days. Matches my mood. ::)

Face redder and more uncomfortable and flaky so unfortunately I had to dab a drop of moisturizer on the flaky areas but I applied as minimally as possible just to relieve some of the flaking. Still instituting ZERO therapy as best as possible.

Marcy! We missed you! So glad your party was a success and that the cheesecake was enjoyed by all! Now it is your time to rest and relax and just enjoy the rest of the holidays. Do you have plans for NYE?

Callie, I just tracked them this morning and they are already in Newark! The updated tracking shows they will be at the beach house by this afternoon...before we will be that is for sure. Hope I like the color. I am second guessing myself because the Topo (lighter taupe) is such a pretty color but I felt too impractical since it is too light but I never saw this tan/beige color in person so not really sure if it will be good for me or not. But they are only boots so I am not worried one way or another. I have more important things on my mind these days lol.

And I certainly hope you and Kristie are right in that my skin will be clear by then...I am longing for my clear skin to return or at least for this patchy red papuley mess to be gone!

Ovi, Junebug, hope you guys are well and enjoying the holiday season.

It's lonely on PS at 5 in the morning lol. Have a good morning and chat with you guys later I hope. :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results