shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bobby just wanted to say hey. He's keeping my recumbent bicycle warm now that I don't need it anymore lol. Oh and just adding a pic of the butter cookies. We baked 9 trays of them. :lickout:

bobbycyclingnot.jpg

christmasbuttercookies.jpg

Zlata

Rough_Rock
Hi Missy, Marcy, CC, Ovi, & everyone!

Quickly before I run out the door~Bobby is adorable and those cookies are beautiful!
Please don't compound your stress by judging your feelings! NonoNO. Your feelings just are and you have every right to feel them without comparing them or diminishing them. Thinking back, I'm sure I dipped into my bottle of "airplane Xanax" (yup, hate to fly) for half a tab of relief when I was feeling down or panicked. It doesn't work long-term, but you know that, and to have a bit of peace I think can help to level set the situation. I never found that it exacerbated my skin issues, if that helps. As per my usual sensitivities, I can only take the name brand, generics typically have side effects for me and you may want to try 1/2 or even 1/4 pill, as I did, to start.

Re: your skin wanting to heal, I had that flash into my mind when I was feeling particularly down and it just made sense. Your natural state is complete health and your skin will find its way back to that. Be gentle with it and yourself to help it in its healing process.

Have a wonderful day!
Z

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Ovi, we will be preparing for the family dinner on Sunday all weekend. It sounds like both of us just simply like the thrill of shopping. Finding cool new things to buy and once that treasure is home we begin our next search! I always have a favorite handbag too. I’ll switch to another one for a few days or weeks but I always get that one right back out. What kind of gemstone and earrings did you get? I won’t be getting any jewelry for Christmas but I can enjoy seeing everyone’s goodies here on PS.

Missy, well you did a great job with your sprinkles. I am sure the aroma in your home was divine. Mmm homemade cookies are the best! I certainly understand the hesitation to deal with critical and judgmental relatives. My one sister is that way and my in-laws will pick at anyone not in the room. I just try to smile and steer the conversation to more positive topics. Good luck with them. Can you sneak down the hallway and turn the thermostat down? How exciting your boots are on the way. I love the picture of Bobby and your delicious cookies.

I didn’t go to bed until after 1 am last night. Then all the construction vehicles around here have to start up and move 10 feet about 7; I don’t think they are doing anything other than putting on a show that says hey we’re here. I reluctantly got up and took a shower. I went to the bread store first and since I forgot my ering I came home and left the bread here and got my ring.

Next stop was to drop off a bag of photos and programs that we found in my parents stuff to the kids of my parents best friends. It was full of treasures and memories of their parents and my parents on trips years ago. It was good visiting with them.

I wandered the mall and Bed, Bath and Beyond then met a friend for lunch at Olive Garden. I was in our Simply Mac store and noticed they have a gold iPad Mini 3 calling my name. I heard this little “Marcy, Marcy”.

Hi Ziata, Callie, LLJsmom and Azstonie!

This afternoon I did a batch of laundry and baked my cheesecake for Sunday.

Marty should be taking off to fly here in about 10 minutes. We’ll see if they cancel the flight or not. They really have problems getting airlines to fly in and out of here. They cancel a lot of flights for weather, wind and lack of passengers. The price flying to DIA from here is outrageous too. Sometimes it’s a few hundreds or can be almost $1800. Holy Crap!

Well, I think I’ll get ready to head to the airport. Our community is having a Christmas light contest and they have 10 houses in the final round so I am going to go find them and cast my vote. We have 3 blue snowflakes that are running off our garage lights so weird we didn’t make the final cut.

Have a great weekend!
Marcy

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Everybody!

I started the day going out for breakfast (buttermilk pancakes and hot chocolate!) With my DH, Bob. From there,
costco, or as I call it, "$100." Came home, carb stupor/nap! My kinda day lol.

Ovi, Finn wants you to know that your sweet furry ones know that you love them and never to be concerned about that. He is doing AWESOMELY, walking and eating and drnking on all fours. We are tapering off the prednisone and are praying he will then be at his baseline. Finn means "bright one" or white one in Gaelic and he sends he sends you light and love.

Marcy, we've tried flying in/out of Wyoming frequently, what a PITA and an expensive one too. We'd drive it but the accommodations on the road there are horrifying.

Missy, you will like the Doctor's Best and Zlata, that Calm liquid formulation sounds very efficacious.

Love to all from Finn!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, I am so sorry for the comments I made when you said you weren't excited about going to your my mom's on Sunday. I can completely understand your feelings. For some reason I thought you were really close to you aunt and uncle. I'm sorry they haven't come by to see you. It's perfectly understandable why you wouldn't want to be around them right now with all you have been through. Please try to enjoy your nieces, sister and parents company. If you are really feeling uncomfortable can you come up with any excuse to not stay long? You know Greg will do what ever makes you feel comfortable. I'm sorry what should be a very happy occasion is going to be stressful for you.

Bobby is adorable. He seems to like the reformer as much as you do. What a sweetheart! How is little Francesca doing?

Did your new boots arrive today? Are you happy with them?

Marcy, I hear that IPad calling your name. You make me laugh when you talk about your love of shopping. We all seem to have a love of shopping! I know exactly what you mean about making a purchase and being on to the next thing. I swear we have a disease. I'm glad you had a good day and Marty's coming home tonight.

LLJsmom, How was your day?

OV, When I find a handbag that I absolutely love, sometimes I buy two. I know Burberry's are pricy, but that may be an option. I also know it's much easier to do with a $400 bag then a Burberry bag. I can't wait to hear about your new jewelery. I'm glad things have calmed down a bit for you. We missed you!

Kristie, What great news that Finn is doing so much better. I love his name. It certainly fits him!

Z, I'm glad you have been joining in here!

Junebug, How are you? Is your sister still helping you out? I'm not sure if she lives nearby or not? Are you doing well and ready for the holidays?

I've had a killer headache all day. I was out for a whopping 2 hours today and had to come out home to take more medicine. I had a nail appointment this afternoon and really wanted to cancel but knew it wasn't enough time for the technician to book another appointment. I went ahead and went. My ring was ready to be picked up and Is located down the street from the nail salon. I picked up the ring too. I'm so glad I bought this ring. It's the strangest thing that I don't like the ring in pictures but I love it in person. And I'm sure Marcy and OV can relate to this .....I put the other ring on layaway! See Marcy and OV you aren't the only ones on to the next thing. It's another antique ring so I knew if I didn't get it now it may not be there in a month. Now I have to tell my husband!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Zlata, thanks for the info and for the extra encouragement. My skin is getting worse and I am trying hard not to allow myself to become totally depressed. I keep thinking what you wrote about my skin wanting to heal. C'mon skin please heal. :pray:

Bobby says thank you. He loves modeling and looking darn adorable. We call him psycho kitty because he can be loving one second and the next watch out. He will cut you. LOL. Not so funny but he means well. We think he had a difficult beginning before we rescued him so we understand and are tolerant of his psycho behavior but we have to be careful or bandaids will be necessary. Lots of them. LOL.

Marcy, I hope Marty arrived home safely and that you two are getting ready for your big party tomorrow. Yummm, cheesecake sounds delicious. That was actually the very first dessert Greg and I baked together (pumpkin cheesecake to be exact but still) when we were dating and it was labor intensive but fun. First time I was his sous chef. Hope your cheesecake turned out perfectly and the rest of your cooking and planning go smoothly and that you enjoy!

Your community Christmas light contest sounds like fun. Did you take any pictures? You know I love pictures. :appl: How nice you were able to share the pictures with friends of your parents. Memories like that are so special.

I am sorry you didn't sleep well the other night. I hate when noise wakes me up or prevents me from getting to sleep though you would think I would be used to it living where we do. And actually the quiet at the beach house can keep me awake as well. I need it to be just right. Princess and the pea oh well. Hope you slept better last night!

That gold mini ipad3 is calling your name...did you get it? I think you should. You deserve it. :halo:

Azstonie, so happy that Finn is continuing to do well! That and the buttermilk pancakes and hot chocolate sound like the very best way to start a lovely and lazy day. Perfect. :appl: So jealous of your beautiful and warm weather.
I forget, do you guys have any holiday plans this year? Did you get each other gifts? Any bling? If so please share as I don't plan on getting anything so I need to live vicariously through you guys re the bling please. :bigsmile:

Callie, I am so sorry you had a bad headache all day yesterday. How are you feeling today? I hope you are all better and feeling well.

Bobby says thank you very much for your lovely compliment. He is a very handsome boy and he knows it. No need to apologize. You were just trying to make me see the bright side and feel better and I always appreciate that. Sometimes I do need perspective and to realize and appreciate all the love and support in my life no matter how crappy I may be feeling. Thank you Callie.

My mom will not tolerate me leaving too early. We already leave earlier than everyone usually anyway because of the temperature and yes I do lower the thermostat until others complain. My family (with the exception of my dad who is an angel and never complains) prefers it on the warm side. I would not be surprised if the temp is above 75 in the house when we arrive Sunday.

The boots came yesterday at noon. It still amazes me how quickly things can arrive. I like them. They are not as narrow in the calf measurement as the other 5050's so not as snug fitting but still nice. I am thinking of bringing them to my cobbler (when I am better) and having them taken in a bit but not sure it is worth it. They still fit well enough I think. I am just used to a closer fit on my calf. I took some quick pictures before I went out yesterday (LOL I couldn't wait to wear them talk about being a little kid haha) but the picture of me wearing them came out weird. The boot looks creased but it must have been the angle or something. Sharing it here anyway because I know we PSers enjoy our visual aids. :cheeky:

Which brings me to my next query....where are the pictures of your new ring girlfriend?! And OMG I am so happy you bought both of them!!!! I am sure your dh will be happy for you too. Happy wife happy life let's not forget. :cheeky:
No pressure though. Pics only if and when you want to share. So happy for you that you got the rings YAY! Wear in much health and happiness. :appl:

What are your holiday plans again? Sorry my memory is not great these days. Are you spending it with your family and with your nieces? How is your niece feeling skin wise? Any progress? I so feel for her and hope she is hanging in there.

LLJsmom, I hope you are enjoying your amazing VC ring and that your holiday plans are going smoothly and that work is giving you some rest and relaxation.

Ovi, hope you are feeling better and having fun shopping and enjoying other holiday events and that work is not too demanding right now.

Junebug, we are thinking of you and hoping you are doing well and that your sister is still helping you guys with your mom. Happy holidays and hugs from us all.

Rainwood, thinking of you and sending gentle hugs and love your way.

swquiltboot.jpg

swquiltboot.jpeg

wearingswquiltboots.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just snapped 2 pics of Bobby lounging the way he normally lays. Too cute. :bigsmile:

bobbytoocute.jpg

oohiamsocomfortableanddarnedcutebobby.jpg

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Heeeeeey, that Bobby is a flasher!!!!

He is one handsome boy, who rules the roost, Bobby or Francesca??????

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Awesome boots missy!! :love:

cheers--Sharon

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Hi Missy, I'm so sorry about your face not doing any better. I was so hoping you would see an improvement. My niece says the same thing about hers. She keeps saying if anything it looks worse to her.

I LOVE the boots! You are making rethink this whole boot thing. I'm going to look after the holidays and seeing if I can find a pair that has a heel. I will bring my niece's with me. They be brutally honest with me, which I really appreciate when I'm unsure of how something looks. My legs are so darn skinny and if that weren't bad enough I'm 5'2. Without heels I feel like I look like someone stepped on my head. I really wish I was taller. IMO everthing looks wonderful on tall women.

I am afraid I may be getting a sinus infection. I still have an awful headache. I have so many things to do for the holidays and have been stuck on the couch the past two days. There has been a fair amount of family drama in the past few days too. This may be partly responsible for the headache. I was so looking forward to holidays, now not so much. I wish someone could explain to me why it is so difficult for some family members to spent 4 hours together. Seriously, is it really too much to ask.

One of my brothers wife announced they weren't spending the holidays with us as we normally do. She used her daughter's boyfriend as the excuse (she hates this kid). My two sister-in-laws don't particularily care for each other. One of them looks for any excuse she can to get out of going to family get togethers. So this year none of her family will be attending. I'll get a call on Monday from them asking when I am bringing there presents over which is really going to tick me off.

My niece called last night to say she has to work on Christmas Eve. Her mom and I had talked about just celebrating Christmas next Sunday so my niece could be with us. We thought we could all go have dinner where my niece will be working on Christmas Eve and just do our get together on Sunday. My husband offered to pay for the dinner so I thought this would be a perfect solution and we would all be together. My mom called this morning to say the reservation I was able to get for dinner was too late and she wants us to have the normal Christmas eve get together without my niece. I'm pretty upset as I love spending time with my nieces. My mom just seems to care less about family. Everything is always about her group of friends. I get mad, then I think of Marcy and tell myself I need to have more patience with my mom. Okay, my b8@& session is over now, I promise. Marcy, I know I sound like an awful person right now. I promise to show more patience with her. I promise.

On a happy note, one of my nieces had gone to the nail salon and paid in advance for my nails yesterday. How sweet is that considering she is going to school and working. I usually pay for at least half of her appointment fees as a surprise for her and she is always giving me a hard time about it. The girl who does my nails is a friend of mine. She was laughing and said now I get to see the same shocked look on your face that I see on your nieces very time she's here and I tell her you have paid for half her appointment.

Missy, the reason I haven't posted a picture of the ring is I really don't like the ring in pictures. In real life it is so delicate looking and it really doesn't even look pretty in pictures.

I may be wrong but I think my husband is starting to cave on the other ring. Time will tell.

Kristie, I can't wait to hear who rules the roost at Missy's house. My bet is on Francesca!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie:

I wish you were MY family, you'd probably have to blast me outta your holiday get-togethers!!

Seriously, though, I am a trooper through the dysfunctional psychopath FOO things. I'm in NC (no contact) with my parents due to their refusal to control rages at me, the last one was in July at a lovely restaurant in Scottsdale ($$$$$) I took my mother too believing it would be a nice mother-daughter event. Nope, end of the meal, here comes the rage---pounding the table, calling me names, ridiculing me, devaluing my work, you name it. She's lucky I took her home that day.

So I've been through lots of therapy in my life trying to resolve the damage and chaos my parents and their families subjected me to.

Triangulation.

This is a favored tool of troublemakers and psychopaths. For example, your SIL is using triangulation on you regarding having you bring presents to her from you and from other attendees. A healthy family does not use triangulation and it does not require one member to bring gifts to the no-show. The healthy family members either skip the gifts entirely for that person they now know will not be attending (because they are doing the polite thing for you, their hostess) OR they deliver those gifts themselves or make their own arrangements. You are not FedEx or UPS or the USPS. Your home is a private family residence and not a storage unit for other people's use and convenience.

If your mother cannot come at the time/day of the invitation extended to her, that is choice on her part but you understand---priorities are priorities and if other people are more important to her than your gracious invitation to your home and loved ones, well all you can say to that is "Have fun, mom." CONTROL and its handmaiden, manipulation, the worst thing done to adult children and their own FOO, IMHO a form of terrorism (what's she gonna do if you say NO?) and as we all know, negotiating with terrorists just brings more terrorism/terrorists to your doorstep. You are not a servant or "the help" and the date and time of an invitation work for YOU and your needs/wishes.

Callie, have the holiday season you want. You're a wonderful person, anyone who screws with ya deserves crickets.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

You are killing me with all these shopping news.:))) and of course the cutest cat pix Missy! Ahhh my favorite things, bling, cats, shopping, haha, ok I love certain other things too of course, I swear if some men are reading about us talking about shopping nonstop they are ready to die here. No wonder they do not frequent this thread ROFL. Ok, but hey we have also talked about heavy stuff and we have to look at the bright side of life and enjoy small pleasures.

I wish I could share bling news but I cannot because what I wear are still my projects and what I buy as far as gems are also related to my work but my work is my passion, well, aside from animals and some other things I enjoy, so I feel lucky in this regard where my life is at the moment, unfortunately, also doing a bit of yucky legal work right now. But please please you girls share you bling, I cannot wait to see!

In my case I am much worse than the average I assume when it comes to bling because I generally have something like five projects waiting like five stones or pairs to do something with and I still buy a new one before I even start the next project for myself. I cannot say this is the downside of seeing more stones for inspiration in my work because to me it is a big advantage.:))) It is a nice thing to have long projects though because they last long and please me for a long time even while in the making and perhaps I do not need to shop as much for other things. I cannot say that I have noticed a big decrease in my shopping for other things beautiful though ROFL. But, hey, we all need an excuse.

I sooo love your news boots Missy! Enjoy and wear in great health please!

Callie, it is funny because my fave bag is a Burberry Nova which was actually less than 400 and is part coated canvas. I have all these gorgeous all leather bags but I really love the coloring of the Nova, it is a beautiful blush color, not pink, not tan, somewhere in between with a bit of red and brown and black patent leather, it matches my favorite colors in dresses. I have a thing for tan leather and own a few but always want to buy new ones, yet I do not wear the ones I have enough either, ah, will think, maybe one day I will find one, my problems is that small bags I cannot wear every day, also love bags that are a bit unique and they are really hard to match to my wardrobe.

Shoes, argh, Missy I am so upset, I know you always tell me how my shoes can last longer but I totally wrecked a pair of suede heels, the leather is wrecked and nothing I can do about it. I hate this. Yes, some I can save and have a great cobbler, well, the nice people where I work, a store next to us and they do great job, maybe I will ask them but not sure they can save them. I am really really hard on shoes and love suede which is a bad thing. In my opinion patent leather lasts the longest but I have very oddly shaped duck feet and patent leather is not very easy on them. So my dropping garlic oil from pizza on my suede shoes and then trying to wash it with dishsoap is probably not something suede loves. So as much as I love and wear suede, they are not my longest lasting shoes usually. But I am really bad as I still have shoes I got last spring I have never worn, one is a gorgeous Burberry espadrille in tan leather with some canvas, I adore them but can you imagine that I am waiting one full year before I even wear them out? I promised myself that I will not save them this coming spring for who knows when. I much prefer summer sandals, they can be patent leather too and have a lot and they last, in open toes my duck shaped feet do not hurt.

How are you all today my dear friends? Sorry if I have not read too much in detail but really had to work a lot and tomorrow I am working from home but must work so will try my best to read about everyone.

Hugs to Fin! Hope he continues to be a real fighter and survivor!

Hugs to all of you, Marcy thinking of you reuniting with Marty, hope you have a great time. Thinking of everyone else that has not had a chance to come back, most likely everyone is extremely busy.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Callie, pleeease we DO want to see your ring!:))) Can we start begging? I am so sorry you are down with infection, headache and family drama, this seems to be a common denominator during the holidays. Try not to stress too much, ok? I know it is easy to say. Every year we have drama too. Last year was no exception. During the dinner at my mom's my sister threw a huge fit and threw her phone that almost hit Lobie, my mom's cat (but he is my baby too, he was my kitty born at me but went to live with my mom when her old kitty died). Then my husband who hates drama went to the back bedroom but by that time Lobie had sneaked in there which he loves to do. Noone was paying attention and he hid under the bed. My husband tried to get him out but could not and knew my mom had a hard time so he lifted the bed up which then broke in half and fell on Lobie. We spent that night and the next day trying to figure out if he was going to die or only broke a leg. Of course no vet was available and in their town no such thin as emergency exists. This year we have had the car breaking down, us getting sick, hopefully we are finished, but enough of bad things, I want to cheer you up, only saying I can relate and of course my dad never invites me.

Missy, girl, honestly you do sound cheerful today, really, maybe you need more new boots? Please tell me about your skin, perhaps I did not look enough but did not find you saying how you were. Hope you are improving.

I am sure I am forgetting to answer many of you girls, sorry about this, must be getting tired. Actually I think I may be a little better but still taking antibiotics so we will know soon. I hate them as they make me sick too. Talk to you tomorrow!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi missy and friends! I've been trying to catch up, this thread moves fast! I apologize if I've missed some things.

Missy, I'm so bummed your skin is still giving you such a hard time - I know you don't want to dwell on it, but please know I'm thinking of you and hoping you turn a corner on this soon. I'm loving the pics of Bobby, he is so cute and sweet! I read somewhere that one of the ways your cat shows he loves you is by showing you his belly - it's a vulnerable area and he's saying he loves and trusts you by exposing it. I don't know if it's true but I like to think it is! Best wishes for a nice family gathering tomorrow - I know how you feel, I've had to attend family things I didn't feel up for, but usually once you're actually there somehow the time passes and you get through it. I always think to myself…85% of life is just showing up!

Oh, and I love your boots! they look great!

Calliecake, I hope you're feeling better soon and I hope you don't have a sinus infection! And I'm sorry the family drama is putting a damper on your holidays - I know we all love our families, but why do certain people have to make things more difficult and complicated than they need to be? I've run into similar situations with my family. Try not to stress about it too much, things always somehow fall into place and work themselves out, one way or another. I hope you can relax and enjoy the holiday, even if things don't work out perfectly. And I am so excited about your new ring! I'm not sure if you've described it, sorry if I missed it - what does it look like?

Ovi, hope you're feeling a bit better as well - your pain and grief are still so fresh, I hope you can find some peace and comfort somehow, I'm sure Stella knew you loved her very much and did all you could. It is really so devastating to lose a pet, I've experienced it too and it is really hard.

Marcy, have a great family dinner tomorrow! I'm sure everything is going to be wonderful, especially the cheesecake - I LOVE cheesecake!

LLsmom, hope work isn't driving you too crazy, you sound so swamped. At least you have that gorgeous ring to look at when you get really stressed!

Azstonie, I am so thrilled to hear that Finn is doing well - Seriously, it make me so happy to hear such good news!

Thanks for the good wished everyone - my sister ended up coming from Thursday to Sunday, so I got a nice break and my husband and I went to the beach in South Carolina (we have a place there, probably our retirement home lol) and it was really nice to get away for a bit. My sister said a few months ago that she would start coming more often (she lives in NC, mom's in NJ so she is a distance away). Let's just say I didn't argue with her haha!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good evening ladies. I am only posting for a quick bit because I am emotionally drained and going to bed. I apologize for not answering/addressing everyone right now. I just wish I had some sleeping pills to knock me out.

I had a difficult day skin wise today culminating in my breakdown at the neighborhood Duane Reade. First of all you know it's bad when I step in there lol but I was desperate to find something that would not burn my terribly raw face. Anyway they have some higher end brands there now La Roche-Posay and Avene and Greg found a lovely saleswoman (they wear white lab coats now who knew) to help me and I promptly started crying when she asked what I was looking for...yeah not my finest moment. She was so nice and understanding and made what was definitely embarrassing much easier. I bought a cleanser and moisturizer but no luck. Burns and irritates terribly.

I am avoiding looking in mirrors and such as best as possible but it is the burning raw pain of my face that is a constant. There is nothing for me to do right now as I have to hope the oral doxy helps eventually. I cannot tolerate any of the topical meds. That has always been a problem for me as my face is too sensitive and compromised to tolerate most topicals.

Kristie, I would have to say Callie is correct. Princess Francesca rules the roost haha. But for the most part they all get along so well. 4 cats that we adopted at different times getting along so well is amazing and we are very lucky that way. It is a harmonious cat household with the rare exception of when Bobby gets in a mood and might chase some of them around not playing. But that is the rare exception. As I said before Bobby had a rough beginning before us so it is understandable.

Callie, I am so sorry you still have your headache. That sucks. Lay down and try a cool compress with the lights out. Big hugs and I hope your headache is gone by now! And I am sorry your niece feels her face has gotten worse. I totally empathize with her and sending healing hugs her way. She will get through this because acne is treatable. It just takes time to find what works for each person but she will be OK. Please tell her I am rooting for her to find relief very soon but that no matter what she will find the treatment that works best for her!

How sweet of your niece to treat you to having your nails done. They love their Aunt Callie that is for sure! I am sorry some of your family is behaving badly. Why do some people insist on making life even more difficult I have no clue.

Sharon, thanks for the boot compliments!

Ovi, I love suede too and I am sorry your shoes might not be fixable. I hope they are though but if they are not you need to treat yourself to another pair! And wear all the shoes you want to Ovi. Don't feel badly about not wearing what you don't want to but don't save them if you love them. Wear and enjoy them!

Junebug, so glad you are rested and happy and all is well in your household. And yay for your sister helping out more. Please allow her to as that will make life a lot more pleasant for you and your mom too. I am sorry I cannot give you happier news re my face but your good news does help make me feel better so thank you for that!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Missy, I hope you are getting some much need sleep and little Francesca is snuggled up next to you. I'm sorry the items you bought today didn't bring any relief to your face. Please don't feel bad about crying to the sales woman. You were very sad and frustrated. I'm sure she understood. Anyone one of us would be feeling the way you are feeling. Everything you have been thru is so hard. It's okay to cry and get it out. Please don't beat yourself up over it honey. Hugs, Hugs, Hugs

Kristie, Thank you for your kind words. I can tell you know what I'm dealing with. I'm so sorry about your visit with your mom. I decided to not worry about any of the holiday plans. My niece and I will get together if it doesn't work out for Christmas. I really have little control over what they decide to do for the holidays so there really isn't any point in letting it upset me. It's just frustrating.

JuneBug, I'm so glad to hear you and your husband were able to get away for a few days and have a nice time together. Sometimes that's all it takes to put everything in perspective and help you deal with difficult situations. I hope your sister is able to visit more often and give you more breaks. I bought an antique ring with very small diamonds. It's really nothing special by Pricescope standards but I love it. I've been looking for a similar ring for quite a while and fell in love with this one.

OV, I hope you have a drama free holiday this year. It's always something with families isn't it? Does Burbury still make your favorite handbag? It sounds beautiful. I remember the colors you are describing and they are so pretty together.

I will ask my husband if he has time to take a picture of the new ring for me tomorrow. I think his camera has been acting up lately so we will see. He is planning on cleaning the basement which means I have to help him decide what we are getting rid of. I'm in for a boring day!

Marcy, I hope you have a wonderful day with your family tomorrow! I'm sure everyone will be appreciative of all your hard work.

LLJsmom, It's time to leave the elevator now! We miss you! I hope your enjoying your ring and not working. Although I'm sure you are probably very busy getting ready for the holidays. I've looked at your pictures 3 times today.

I still haven't gotten rid of this headache. I have done nothing but lay on the couch today. Hopefully it will be better tomorrow so I can get something accomplished.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, i just wanted to say hi. i'm so happy to see you all posting and updating and doing stuff and getting into the holidays. i'm so pissed that i've been at my desk working 12 hours today, and my dh and DD went out shopping and having fun. i just free up on the 24th every year and i'm so sick of missing this time, missing tree decorating, missing shopping, ARGH!!!

ok, sorry, will stop bitching b/c i have to get some sleep. will probably work another full day tomorrow. i just want some time to read everyone's posts, and send out the candy and wrap a couple of presents. is that too much to ask?????

and i end up eating chips at night cause i am stressed. i wake up feeling like a bird built a nest on my tongue. ok, sorry, bitch session was over. i really hope everyone is doing well. and if you aren't and i didn't read your post i'm so sorry. and missy i hope your skin is better. i hope that for you each day.

i'm only writing b/c my system goes down at midnight every night and i am frozen out for about half an hour.

good news is that i finally thanked everyone who commented on my SMTB thread.

and azstonie, yes, that freaking depression thing is getting to me, especially around now when i'm working and others are enjoying. i should just be grateful i have a job and my family is relatively healthy. wtf is wrong with me. and i hate when i stress eat at night. WEAK!!!! ok, sorry again. ranting... bad And this is me after having had a workout today. OMG. if i didn't i would be so much worse. so sorry everyone for being such a downer.

Happy Holidays!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Callie, You are such a dear to me. I cannot express adequately how much your friendship and support means to me. Thank you my dear. I so hope you finally have relief from your headache and that you enjoy a wonderful day today even if it is cleaning out the basement with your dh. I know I wouldn't let Greg do that himself as he would end up throwing everything away lol. I don't know if your dh would do the same but keep a lookout haha. And no worries about sharing pics of your ring. I totally understand and don't want you to do anything that feels uncomfortable to you. (((Hugs))) and have a great day.

LLJsmom, so sorry work is such a beast this time of year especially! I hope it eases up somewhat and just keep looking forward to the 24th and beyond when you will be free to enjoy the holidays with your family and friends! And when you start feeling down just look at your gorgeous VC ring and think of your amazing family and remember how lovely life is. (((Hugs))) and love being sent your way!

Marcy, I hope you and Marty enjoy an amazing day with your friends and family and that your gathering is a huge success. And I can taste that cheesecake from here yummy!!!

Oh and just because I forgot to share Francesca's new christmas do (thanks to the miracle of photoshop or whatever it was that added the hat thanks to Gypsy's instructions) here it is. Have a good day everyone!

_306.jpeg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy and all of you girls, firstly I am addressing Missy because right now I can totally relate and feeling miserable, I had my eyelashes done with something new and I am having a horrible allergic reaction. I panicked about my eyes this morning. Now, after double dose antiallergen meds, calcium and steroids I can finally see but my eyelids are huge, red and rashy, I literally freaked when I saw myself in the mirror this morning and seriously had a bit of a panic attack until I found my cortisone cream, then I relaxed a bit. Also using ice. Of course I have to work today too so that makes me feel even more miserable, argh. But I have no confidence when I have no extensions, I feel naked and ugly and now my own lashes are damaged. I left the place before because of problems with them and this type of lash extensions this nice girl is using is horrible. Now I feel I damaged my skin, I know this is very bad for my system too and makes my eye area age, I know silly concerns, yet I feel that I cannot stop having extensions. I know I am being just ridiculous and sorry about ranting. At least now I am not hurting, burning and itching like crazy after all the treatments but imagine what would have happened if I was not already taking antiallergens on a daily basis.

Missy, I am so sorry about your skin, I have tried those brands and honestly do not like them. They may be ok for some but not for me either. Like I was saying the best results I had with La Mer, once my swelling goes down I will apply it to my eyelids as it did help them and soothed them a lot last time.

LLJsmom I have to see your thread! Sorry I missed it, I missed you too and probably while I was gone I missed certain things you posted.

Callie, yes, I love that color combo from Burberry, it was my favorite and no they no longer make them because the Novas had issues with staining from dark fabrics, well, apparently, I never did, if I got a stain I removed it with the cleanser they sold or just baby wipes. Love this bag and have a matching pair of espadrilles. The patent leather is not in the greatest shape anymore, well, most likely only I notice it but it has minimal peeling but I have worn this bag for many years and a lot. I just feel awful as I can no longer buy it anywhere. I do love their all leather bags too but I have so many leather bags and love unique things, this was a bit different. I also have a Furla that was special edition Wizard of Oz that I adore. Sometimes I just fall for things you do not see anywhere else, still this is the one bag I wear and love the most for everyday use. I am not really crazy about the check pattern on other Burberrys, this was the one check pattern I did love. I am ok with real canvas shoes with some check pattern and then tan leather combo but not crazy about the ones on their bags, then I prefer their leather bags. At the time I bought this bag, this was my first major bag purchase, I thought it was very expensive and never thought of buying another one. When I later thought of it the line was discontinued, you know this is typical.

Hi Junebug! Hugs to everyone, runnning back to work but will be around.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, so sorry you had such a rough, draining day…I hope you got some sleep and are feeling a bit better…many hugs being sent your way. Love the pic of Francesca! :love:

Ovi, it's terrible you had such an adverse reaction, I hope things get back to normal very quickly for you!

Callie, the ring sounds lovely, I love vintage pieces, there is something very romantic about them and the designs are so beautiful. It's like wearing a part of history on your finger! Glad you found something you love that will bring you enjoyment. And I hope your headache is better!

LLsmom, fellow night-time stress eater here, so I totally relate…I was doing well for a while, but have slipped back into the pattern recently and I am SO ticked at myself…the gift baskets that my husband's business associates are sending to the house are not helping lol. I'm really sorry you are so busy and stressed at work right now. It really affects every aspect of life. Hang in there, the 24th isn't far away.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I totally relate to the stress except I do not normally only experience it at night.:))) Well, my experience has been that anxiety is the worst at night but depression tends to hit worst in the morning, experts have said the same. Generally I do well afternoon and evening but yes night and morning can be hard. Of course I am not doing badly now thankfully, it would have been awful if it had stayed as bad as after all the traumas and definitely relate and understand fellow unfortunate sufferers. I do think Xanax has helped me a great deal but of course if truly depends on you yourself the most how much you can overcome stuff, obviously I mean bad traumas but stress is there every day and we can have a hard time dealing with it. I generally experience that when I get out of the house and work I do great but it hits me worse when I am at home, I tend to reflect a lot more then. Right now I am home but working and feeling stressed too, will be up till at least two in the morning working. I hope you girls hang in there, Junebug and LLJsmom some destressing dust sent your way and big hugs!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Junebug, BTW, I see some absolutely amazing bling in your Avatar, yummy!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

I am really pressed for time becuase I need to run out and complete a few errands before I start helping my husband in the basement. If I'm not here who knows what he will throw out.

Missy, I sent you an email this morning, I will also check back later today to see how you are doing. Take good care of yourself and do what is best for YOU!

OV, It is the glue that you are allergic to. Ask them to use the glue for sensitive skin. I was allergic to both glues and it's miserable. My eyes swelled and itched terribly and my nose ran for days straight. In all honestly I would quit using the extensions and start using Latisse. This stuff works wonders for giving you long thick lashes. The extension cause you to loose your lashes. I was also afraid they would quit growing back. Also my doctor said it was dangerous to put cortisone around your eyes. It's very dangerous if it gets in your eyes. Please be careful not to get any in your eyes.

LLJSmom, I'm sorry work has been such a b@&$ for you this week. It seems as though you haven't been able to catch a break all week. When you get a minute just focus on your kids. They are only little for a short time. Everything else can wait. Enjoy your time with them.

Honey we seem to do the same things when we are down, I also ate a half of bag of potatoe chips last night as I was laying on the couch being ticked off thst my headache wasn't going away. As if the chips would magically make the headache disappear! Yeah, I also woke up with the birds nest on my tongue. I must admit I never feel too guilty about the cool ranch Doritos. I only eat those a few times a year but love every minute of it!

JuneBug, We both feel the same way about antique jewelry. I love wearing jewelry that you don't see very often. It feels so much more special to me.

Marcy, I'm thinking of you hoping you are having a wonderful day!

I hope everyone has a good day. I will check back later if my husband lets me out of the basement! Hiding out at the mall is sounding pretty good to me about now. I'm just afraid he will throw all my stuff out while I'm gone not to mention he will be mad at me if I don't hurry home to help him.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lol Callie, that is too funny, in my case I am the only one doing decluttering and it is usually DH that freaks about my throwing his stuff out, he is really paranoid about it since his grandma used to throw his things out. I tell you that I do not touch them except putting them in bags and ask him but he tends to collect junk from well back in the 80s I am serious like his grandpa's things. Some of them do end up in the furnace.:))) Ok once I was upset and burnt an ugly thirty year old shirt that was hideous but otherwise I try to hold myself back.:))) Now every time something is missing he says that I put it in the furnace. But really it is that he has bags full of junk documents he does not need and if he cannot find something then he will dump them all over the place. Those perhaps should end up in the furnace but I do not dare.

Thanks dear Callie, yeah it is the glue and the last one was much better but still gave me minor allergies, nothing like this though, this is horrid. Now I spent a lot on a new set of new lashes and this girl I like and works really well uses this horrible glue that is literally killing me. I hate my lashes. Period. I have weak, straight lashes, love, love, love the way extensions make me look. Not sure what to do, dunno if I can get this stuff you recommend but some have scared me away from that too. You are right, cortisone is never good, I had to, now I look halfway like myself, almost fully. This is Tobradex an eyecream though at least but the problem is that cortisone in your eyes can really aggravate or cause infections, I got herpes one time when I did that. It is also counterproductive as all the grease weakens the glue anyhow. I am at my wit's end. What a holiday season again, already kinda hating it. Top that with this horrid legal work I am sweating blood doing on a weekend and then working straight till the 24th and again on the 27th, at least my mom will visit towards the end of the year or the beginning of next year, so hopefully there will be some nice relaxation time spent, as easy a person she is, I kinda doubt that though.

Ah, well, take it easy everyone and talk later!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, I can relate to a lot in your post. Yes, I experience depression in the morning as well, some days it's an effort for me to get out of bed. Once I am up and running I do much better. And I agree, even though I like my time at home and being by myself I think it gives me too much time to ruminate and I end up getting down in the dumps! I'm seeing a therapist and I also use tactics like counting my blessings, being grateful for all I have, thankful I have my health, realizing things could always be worse, exercising, yadda yadda yadda - those things help but sometimes emotions just take over! Thank you for your good wishes and support. Oh, and thanks for the compliment on my rings! I get the impression some people IRL think it's too much and I don't care ha!

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJSmom and Junebug: Regarding evening mood changes, rumination, anxiety, down feelings in the evenings.

Same. Thing. I. Have. Had.

The sun goes down=potential mood plunge for me complete with sometimes anxiety and sometimes sad/down feelings. its quiescent now but if it starts up again thanks to that Jim Phelps book I'm ready for it and I can even anticipate it. It doesn't not feel out of control now.

Rumination gave me horrific insomnia. A shrink I saw at Mayo, where I worked, told me NEVER ruminate in bed while you are attempting to initiate sleep. GET UP and do something OR even get up and go sit on the sofa and ruminate out there but NEVER in bed. If you do, you are training your body and mind to do this everythime you climb into bed. Thinking about the past makes us sad and thinking about the future brings on anxiety and "what if-ing" of ourselves. Think of only the exact moment in which you are. To help me stop the ruminating but to give my monkey mind a little something to focus on, I bought a white noise machine on Amazon which puts me to sleep really fast and without the rumination.

Get that Jim Phelps book, really, and don't get it on Kindle Fire but the paperback copy (you'll want to refer back to certain sections, you might want to take it in to counseling with you and the Kindle version won't work for that).

He explains the concept of mood and the mood spectrum really well and he lays out all the possible therapies for the various points on the spectrum. I hope that before you try medication or changing meds you may be on that you read that book and its chapter on medication. Most doctors, including shrinks and counselors, know next to nothing about these meds and while they can work wonders they can also change your cycling times and your high and low points on the spectrum. Before you change your brain chemistry, read the book okay?

Depression would be that worst feeling you have and having it 24 hours a day. If it 'lifts' due to exercise, work, distractions, etc., its a mood spectrum dysregulation. Lots of mental health professionals still use the outdated separation of anxiety and depression when in reality they are in the same symptom complex/constellation and are just points on the mood spectrum. Also, most shrinks know little about PTSD and C-PTSD which is constantly mistaken for depression or depression/anxiety. PTSD/C-PTSD is not just for soldiers, it can happen to anyone who has had no control over themselves/body/life/surroundings for a sustained period of time with no hope of change.

I post this in case you start feeling worse, you both clearly have a handle on things. Regarding your comment on eating chips at night and describing that as a *failure* of sorts, I would say that it is a coping mechanism that is a lesser evil (therefore not a failure) than getting drunk at night and being unavailable to your family and risking your health. Its a relatively benign palliation of something. Sure, its a problem if it's happening every night and you gain a bunch of weight and your cholesterol is a disaster, then you would want to find a different coping mechanism and replace it with that, while you reserve the nighttime chips for a REALLY TRULY AWFUL day =)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy! Wow, this thread has turned into such a wonderful conversation. I just popped in to see how your healing was progressing and was delighted to see that your thread has blossomed into a very nice and genuine convo amongst members. How nice.

I have nothing to contribute except to say that I continue to send you positive thoughts and healing vibes. You've been a trooper! Oh, and those boots are HOT! High five! :love: :dance:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those boots are great, Missy, elegant AND sexy at the same time, very hard to find!

HRH Francesca looks lovely in her Winter Crown. Does Bobby have similar raiment? Maybe a nice diamond-topped scepter to match Francesca's orb?!?!?!? (I feel quite certain that HRH has an orb.)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Wow girls, so many of us have had problems with mood swings, depression and/or anxiety. When I was young I had no problems, they only started a bit after I started experiencing PTSD. It became awful, then one thing came after the other and most of you have probably read a lot of my story here. At one point before the worst series of events happened a year to two years ago I was experiencing what I thought was panic disease, it became that bad, it went away but when I was hit with so much bad luck this most recent time I experience very bad anxiety at night and terrible depression during the day. I still fought it but it took a year to two to fully get over. I am not sure what really happened, did getting married help? My marriage is far from perfect and I still spend much time alone, I did get out of the house to work a lot even before but now it is different. I relate, like you Junebug I do too like to sometimes spend days withdrawn, perhaps it is not the right word because I still write to you girls but I need days spent at home. I have realized that as tired as I may feel though spending less time at home and more in the city and working helps a lot. I think that doing something I am passionate about was the trick for me, now I feel that I have fulfilled one more important goal. In fact, it was my studying gemology yet again and jewelry appraising two years ago that kept me going even when I was at the hospital. It was the only thing. The cats too of course but I could not be home alone, I was scared to. Hopefully it does not return but I suspect it will get worse yet again when I will go through menopause, that by itself can cause it. I am sorry that you too suffer from it Kristie. I think in fact most women do but some worse than others.

Missy, how are you girl? Thinking of you dear. I remember you are celebrating Hannukah with family. I hope you are having a great time!

Junebug, ah, you should not care if there are others that think your bling is too much, so what? I know people with plenty of money who think that big diamonds especially FCDs that I love are kitsch or they hate Art Noveau style I love. They think modern structural jewelry with diamond melee or a pearl or two is the best thing. I would never own them but they have their fans too. Viva la difference. I am sure that some are also jealous because you have such gorgeous jewelry. It is not only different tastes. I find your beauties striking. I hope they give you a lot of pleasure. Hey, we PSers have the best tastes anyhow.:)))

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, thank you so much for the very helpful and informative post! This is going to come out wrong, but it's somewhat comforting that others experience this kind of thing. I will definitely get the book you suggested. I really appreciate your help! And I had to laugh when you said it's better than drinking, I think the same thing! I'll say to myself, well, at least this isn't booze, I'd be in even worse shape lol.

Ovi, I so agree, I wear what I love and I don't worry about what others think! In fact, I actually get a kick out of watching their faces when they look at my ring! Others seem to genuinely love it and are complimentary. It's a small thing, but it feels good to not worry about what others think, at least with regard to my jewelry :cheeky:

Missy, I apologize for the threadjack! I've been thinking of you today and hope that your family function went smoothly. (I think it was today :sick: ) These gatherings can be hard to deal with when you're not at the top of your game. I hope you were able to enjoy yourself a bit.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results