shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re stuff/stress going on in our lives the way the allergists explain it to patients:

Your immune system is a bucket.

Allergens and irritants are single drops of let's say water.

Drop.
Drop.
Drop. Into the bucket.

On Day #####, a drop goes into the bucket but its the LAST drop *after* the bucket filled up and THAT LAST DROP causes the bucket to tip over and overflow. That last drop was not necessarily the sole allergen/irritant, it was just the last and the cause of the bucket to tip/overflow. That is your immune system reacting through whatever one's particular weakness is: Skin, gut, anxiety, immunomodulating issues.

So when I was thinking of you and stress, Missy, I was thinking of you being the bucket and the accident and rehab and job drop/drop/dropping into your bucket and let's say the cold weather onset being the last drop and BOOM your seb derm/other flares and exacerbates.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1418803586|3802848 said:
Hi guys,

Azstonie, you rock! I love all this info you are sharing. I do believe that your skin can be a reflection of a lot of stuff going on. I'm super stressed right now, and my face is going to look ugly and haggard for this whole week. Oh well, I'll just stare at my ring.

Missy, girl hang in there... Work the hell out of that reformer and do what you gotta do to keep the spirits up.

I'm binging on cool ranch doritos and homemade guac to keep my awake, working, and not overly stressed (until I step on the scale that is).

Everyone, it's great to read of about your lives. I swear I will catch up soon. I go snap a couple more photos when I feel like I wanna explode.

Btw, I posted more pics. I'm getting pretty proud of my pictures now.

Ok, off to get maybe 5 hours, if I'm lucky. I swear I just got a message that they need something by 9 am. REALLY!?!?!? :errrr: And tell me now? At midnight the night before? Sure, that's plenty of time. THANKS.

Happy Wednesday!

LOL, everyone ELSE will be staring at your GORGEOUS ring too so no worries re your face LOL!!!!! Same for Missy with that incredible head of hair and elegant fashion sense.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kristie, There is a bubble that says Contact This Seller. Click on this . It will ask for your email address and a password. Just make up a password. You should then be able to send Missy a message.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1418841049|3803059 said:
missy|1418828655|3802937 said:
Rainwood and Kristie, can you please contact me here.
http://loupetroop.com/listings/other/for-rainwood-and-aztonie

Thanks. :wavey:

hi Missy:

I went to the link but there was nothing there for me to click to contact you, do I need to register first to be able to communicate there? I don't mind doing that should be the case :sun:

Calliecake said:
Kristie, There is a bubble that says Contact This Seller. Click on this . It will ask for your email address and a password. Just make up a password. You should then be able to send Missy a message.

Hi guys. Kristie I guess you do have to register. Callie thanks for the info and for chiming in!

If you don't want to register maybe contacting Ella is the way to go but if you don't mind registering that would be great.

Thanks for that info re magnesium. And what you wrote about the immune system makes a lot of sense. My facial skin is hurting so much right now and while I still went out for a nice long walk with Greg today and am living my life it is a constant discomfort and getting me down. Now I think I have mainly perioral dermatitis and my derm could be hedging his bets just in case. I really don't know but so far nothing is helping and the irritation is driving me batty. Present always.

Anyway on to happier things. Contact me. :appl:

Callie, please don't tempt me LOL. I don't have any more room for boots. Oh but I love a good sale and thank you for that info. I think. :cheeky:

Rainwood I hope you check in and see my request to contact me. Thinking of you and sending more (((hugs))).

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got registered, very easy, and Contacted you :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say hi before I call it a night. How are you Missy? So sorry about the skin problems, as I was explaining on the hand cream thread I think I have unfortunately become a devoted La Mer fan, this is an expensive habit for sure.:))) What the hand cream did to my absolutely disgusting looking hands was nothing short of a miracle and after only one use. I have a bad scar on my face now because I used something else for two days, broke out a bit and then damaged my face with my long nails, oh well, hope it will heal now, will tell you later, I know this is nothing compared to your suffering with your face Missy but I believe that my hands looked at least as bad if not worse than those red spots you had a pic of. Maybe we have something similar, on my hands I think it is only eczema but my face also has some rosacea now and something else that causes red bumps that are not pimples, will have my mom check it out and see.

Hi Callie, Marcy, Kristie and of course hi to dear Fin! I want to say that tomorrow I will read up but I had to work today and have to work from home tomorrow. I threw up at work today so I started antibiotics tonight. No choice, we shall see. Not sure what was worse, kidneys, throwing up, gall bladder infection or what but have to do something about it and then in January I may go for a check up if it does not go away, I hope it does though, I hate health problems and try to avoid going for check ups. I have quite a paranoia of diseases.

My mom seems better, thanks everyone for wishing us well. She was going to be here this week but did not come at the end.:((( Will get to see her soon though. How is everyone's family?

Shopping is so much fun but I have been so bad lately that I think I am going on a ban, at least till January.:)))

I will definitely come over here to talk tomorrow and try to follow up, you all have a wonderful day and hugs to you girls!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
azstonie|1418840920|3803056 said:
Hi Kids:

Magnesium citrate is the 'lowest' form of magnesium and is not bioavailable for anything much more than as a laxative.

You want magnesium glycinate (KAL or Doctor's Best, which has the added advantage of being chelated). I take 800-1000 mg daily depending on stiffness in my leg/hands and mood status. I take 400 in the morning and 400 before bed as it helps with sleep onset.

Thanks for the info Kristie. I just ordered Doctor's Best as per your rec.

OVincze said:
Hi Girls,

Just wanted to say hi before I call it a night. How are you Missy? So sorry about the skin problems, as I was explaining on the hand cream thread I think I have unfortunately become a devoted La Mer fan, this is an expensive habit for sure.:))) What the hand cream did to my absolutely disgusting looking hands was nothing short of a miracle and after only one use. I have a bad scar on my face now because I used something else for two days, broke out a bit and then damaged my face with my long nails, oh well, hope it will heal now, will tell you later, I know this is nothing compared to your suffering with your face Missy but I believe that my hands looked at least as bad if not worse than those red spots you had a pic of. Maybe we have something similar, on my hands I think it is only eczema but my face also has some rosacea now and something else that causes red bumps that are not pimples, will have my mom check it out and see.

Hi Callie, Marcy, Kristie and of course hi to dear Fin! I want to say that tomorrow I will read up but I had to work today and have to work from home tomorrow. I threw up at work today so I started antibiotics tonight. No choice, we shall see. Not sure what was worse, kidneys, throwing up, gall bladder infection or what but have to do something about it and then in January I may go for a check up if it does not go away, I hope it does though, I hate health problems and try to avoid going for check ups. I have quite a paranoia of diseases.

My mom seems better, thanks everyone for wishing us well. She was going to be here this week but did not come at the end.:((( Will get to see her soon though. How is everyone's family?

Shopping is so much fun but I have been so bad lately that I think I am going on a ban, at least till January.:)))

I will definitely come over here to talk tomorrow and try to follow up, you all have a wonderful day and hugs to you girls!

Hi Ovi, I am glad you found a cream that works well for your hands. That must be a huge relief and I hope your face heals without any issue. My face is getting worse. I feel almost certain it is mainly perioral dermatitis but even the dermatologists don't know for sure so just doing the best I can with the info we have. The constant discomfort and irritation is quite annoying especially after I was looking forward to finally feeling better. I remember when I was a little girl and I was going through some perceived trauma (let's face it in those days there was nothing truly serious I was dealing with thank goodness) my grandma used to say this too shall pass. Now I wonder if those same rules apply. Sometimes (and sorry for being a bit melodramatic here) I wonder if I will ever feel good again.

I am sorry you are not feeling well. I hope it is nothing serious and you are feeling better very soon and if you are not please make sure you see a doctor. I am glad your mom is doing better and though you didn't get to see her this trip you will soon. Thanks for dropping by even with feeling sick and being so busy and we look forward to seeing you again soon dear Ovi.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies!

Missy, your BIL’s saying made me laugh. We spend a fortune at Sams and it’s generally on stuff we truly we don’t need. We definitely help out the economy. I’ve been putting my Christmas baking in the freezer so that keeps me out of it. Mostly.

LLJsmom, I hope you get some sleep. Your work schedule sounds crazy. I am glad you have your beautiful ring to enjoy.

Hi Callie! Thanks for finding good deals for us.

Ovi, I am sorry to hear you are so sick today. Feel better soon. That is great your mom is doing better and I hope you get to catch up with her soon. You are helping out the economy too. I hope your face heals okay.

I woke up at 4:15 today and couldn’t go back to sleep. I am blaming one of the killer rabbits. My cleaning lady showed up about 45 minutes late so I didn’t get to work until about 9:15. I ran home at lunch to look up my house so my workday was shortened. Sweet.

I had soup for supper and then made another batch of Christmas cookies. My freezer is getting full!

The cookies I made tonight are one of my dad’s favorites so I watched his favorite TV show while I was making them (Wheel of Fortune or “Vanna” as he called it). Now I am watching one of my mom’s favorite Christmas movies, “White Christmas”. It didn’t make me sad.

Take care!

Marcy

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy: I thought of you when I saw these antique earrings. Just in case you haven't already seen this listing:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/2...ique-OMC-Diamond-Earrings,-approx-267-ct.html

BTW - I haven't read back too far about your skin condition. Just wanted to relate that my SIL recently went gluten-free to see if it might reduce her psoriasis - and it's working. Which may or may not help you, but I thought I'd pass that on.

Threadjack over!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1418855844|3803197 said:
Hi Girls,

Ovi, I was just thinking about you tonight. I know you're busy with work, family, feeling sick, computer problems, all at once. I hope you are feeling a little better. Glad your mom seems better. Hope you will see her soon. Mine has been emotional lately and I thought about yours. I hope you get a good night of sleep. And have a much brighter day tomorrow. (((hug)))

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marcy, just wanted to say hi. (((hugs))) I am sending you positive vibes each day...

Azstonie, thanks for the blurb about depression. I've been so busy but I will go back to read it in detail. I think I have struggled with it my whole life on some level. Some days are just harder than others. Thank you addressing it directly. I appreciate that.

Ovi...hi. just hi.

Just wanted to share. Hope you will contact me so I can share some Christmas goodies with you...Ovi...Azstonie...

http://www.loupetroop.com/account/listings/4729

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi,

I am trying to play catch up a bit. Yes a lot of it is a lot of work for me why I have been so overwhelmed and that part is actually nice, well, not the work I am doing today because I kept some private clients for legal work which I hate but I have to say there is good news from me. This morning I am feeling totally different, hope it stays this way, the antibiotics seem to be helping but I have been resisting as I know that there are many side effects and unfortunately my immune system is really compromised afterwards and that is when I tend to get pneumonia and the like so I was afraid of starting AB but I had to because the infection whatever it was attacked my gall bladder and I certainly did not want it to go on. When I was in school I was sick for a year and was saying that I would rather die, I could not eat, would throw up or just feel sick all the time and had a fever and noone knew why, it was not fun, I definitely wanted it to not end up like that again. So, we shall see, so far, I am definitely feeling better.

How are you feeling Missy? I am so sorry about this skin problem and really not sure what to tell you anymore how to improve that because it sounds to me like you have a great derm but yet things are not getting better, I can try to ask my mom what her opinion is. I do think she is an amazing derm and I am not saying this because I am biased. I am not when it comes to how is someone professionally. My dad is a terrible doctor in my opinion, he excelled in his field but as a doctor in general he is one or the worsts. My mom, OTOH, has the best gut feeling to figure out what is wrong with someone and how to treat it and this has helped her save many lives when she worked in internal medicine or with cancer patients. If you tell me Missy what is the consensus now re your skin condition I will check and if you could also please write down the meds you are taking but if you can read the ingredients on the packaging that would be great, we likely do not have the same brands in Europe that you do in the US.

Depression and periods, well, definitely hot topics, I have had my problems with both, I second that magnesium is great especially for anxiety, panic and stress. If there is too much trauma, it is most definitely not enough though. I have probably mentioned I tried antidepressants, well, one mild one for a few years but stopped them about a year or two ago because I felt that it was not helping or doing anything and I am fine without them now. I took them mostly for post trauma anyhow and my problem is tension, anxiety more than depression though of course the two tend to go hand in hand. For me Xanax has worked the best and I am still taking that low dose on a daily basis, I think it has made a huge difference in my life, the only thing that has truly worked. The body has to get used to it and build it up for it to really balance out the problems but it does work in my opinion, it also helps depression. Atarax made me weird but I never really took it, stopped after one dose as I felt completely disoriented and panicky after just taking a mini dose. Xanax does not knock me out at all, it has the opposite effect on me, calming me while making me feel more active but I fully believe that the slow release version (time release but this is what they call it inEurope) is the one to take, tried both but with the regular Xanax you do get a bit knocked out when first taking it and feel terrible withdrawal as the four hours pass but the time release is just a tiny dose throughout the entire 24 hours without highs and withdrawals.

My getting sick and GI has a lot to do with hormones as around my period I get very sick but wow some of you girls experienced menopause so early, I am going to be 39, wonder if that could be starting but I think it would be too early. I have heard from so many women that it is really awful and feel scared of it. Also, since I never had kids, while I do not know if I really want to have kids, I feel scared of that point coming that I just cannot. It is quite possible that I already cannot have kids but not sure. A difficult topic for me.

How is Fin doing today? Is he truly out of the woods now? I sure hope so.

Callie, Marcy, LLJsmom many many hugs to you all and will definitely look at your listings now LLJsmom thanks for linking and I missed out on your Burberry bag and so on too while I was not here. Marcy, so Marty is still on a trip, another one now? When will you be reunited? Callie how is family now and any news from your dad? Missy, have you been celebrating Hannukah? I am so sad that I do not really anymore, I would like to but it is tough when my mom did not come and my husband does not celebrate it though he would not mind. What are you girls all planning for Christmas? Now you must tell me about gifts, plans, jewelry especially.:))) I do agree that jewelry is most definitely a better value on the long run than clothes especially considering that even brand name high quality dresses fall apart so fast these days which annoys me greatly. I still buy them of course but try to buy on sale also or at the outlets because I get a better value then. Shoes tend to last longer but have had my share of problems with some of them too, these greatly annoy me so jewelry to me is the most lasting which does not mean I do not love bags, shoes and clothes, I do, of course I love everything.:)))

Gotta go do some work but will be around today, I am so happy that this thread has not died and we have a group of such wonderful people on here. Have a great day all of you!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
LLJsmom I tried to look at your listing on loupetroop but for whatever odd reason it says the page does not exist, not sure why, I have to go back and see if I can find it by username perhaps but think you only gave us your ebay one but again I most likely just missed all this when I was gone for a week so will go back and check for links.

I wanted to ask you guys about something, I hope it is ok and definitely do not want to hijack this thread Missy but I think I am having a really hard time dealing with grief. Yes, I had trauma when I was in the hospital and lost a baby and lost my grandma too but what hurts the most that I cannot get over is the loss of Stella. Her son died due to a very unexpected event too, these things occurred all around the same time, well within 6 months of one another but then when she started dying that I think was too much. She passed away 6 months after she got sick and this was a very long time she lived with FIP but I completely blame myself for her death and aside from missing her awfully as we were extremely attached, I cannot get over thinking that she died because of my actions. I know people told me on petloss before that I did all I could do but I do not feel this way, she was my baby but she took care of me too. I am allergic to cats and dogs but Stella was my bedbug and slept with me, she was the deepest, sweetest little soul. I feel that when I came to Austria and left her with my neighbor for five days and then for more sometimes, her missing me let her body develop FIP. I know that she got the virus when I took her other son, my baby too, back from the Netherlands and so glad about this but her body developed the deadly version due to something, maybe the stress. I feel that I was very very selfish and I so loved her, I think when it was obvious to me that she was dying I could not watch it and did not want to move her to Austria as I wanted her to be home, she was very stressed by moving but the feeling that her body was unable to fight the original infection because I was gone and she might have thought I left her for good does not let me arrive to peace about her passing. I simply cannot get over it. I know there is nothing I can do now and I did not mean anything bad and most definitely wanted her to move to Austria with me but could not bring her right away but yet the events the way they occurred were such that may have contributed to her death. Yet, I also know that when I was in the hospital she could have gotten sick too and she did not but this thing that I was in the hospital and her son was sold which I never wanted but my family forced me to caused it too as otherwise her son would not have brought back the virus. Not sure if you can follow me and sorry about talking about this here but all of a suddent I felt that I had to get it out and I trust you here. I just wake up to crying hard sometimes and not sure if I can ever forgive myself. Some may say she was just a cat but she meant so much to me, maybe it is not normal to feel such an attachment according to some but this is how I feel. Sorry for ranting.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning ladies!

Ovi! I am glad you are feeling a bit better. I emailed you LLJsmom email address so you don't have to find her loupe troop listing.

I am so sorry you are feeling depressed. You have been through so much and losing a loved one is the most challenging trauma one could go through IMO. I know you have heard this before but it was NOT your fault dear Ovi. Not in any way. You loved Stella with all your heart and soul and did everything you could to keep her healthy. Please please please know that and stop beating yourself up about that. In life bad things happen for no reason. They just do. Know that Stella knew how much she was loved and adored by you and vice versa and you gave her a good life for as long as she was here. I am crying because of how much pain you are in and want to take it away and give you peace.

Biggest hugs dear Ovi. We are here for you and please always feel free to share here no matter the thoughts. It is a safe place for us all to share and vent and cry. I should know that after all these pages and pages of my crying and sharing and you girls have helped me so much.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1418884160|3803433 said:
Missy: I thought of you when I saw these antique earrings. Just in case you haven't already seen this listing:
http://diamondbistro.com/category/2...ique-OMC-Diamond-Earrings,-approx-267-ct.html

BTW - I haven't read back too far about your skin condition. Just wanted to relate that my SIL recently went gluten-free to see if it might reduce her psoriasis - and it's working. Which may or may not help you, but I thought I'd pass that on.

Threadjack over!

Hi VRBeauty! Thank you for thinking of me. Those are lovely earrings and definitely a style I enjoy and am looking for but I prefer dangle earrings without posts. Thank you though and please share anything else you think I might like! I am still looking though right now I am feeling very down about my face issues so not sure I am ready to pull the trigger on any jewelry.

Which brings me to my next thank you for the gluten free suggestion. I am already doing this so I don't think it is a factor. I was supposed to go for food allergy testing this past July but then I broke my leg and I put that off indefinitely. In the meantime I implemented a gluten free diet just in case. I am glad it is working for your SIL and thank you again for thinking of me.

Marcy, I am sorry you woke up so early. You could have called me as I was awake and ready to chat lol. Those darn bunnies!

I am glad you are able to watch your parents favorite shows/movies and not get too sad. It is a nice memory to be able to share what they loved to do. I love that movie too. And also A Wonderful Life. I always cry at that movie but it's a good cry if you kwim. Enjoy!

Marty gets home tomorrow YAY!!!

Ovi, I forgot to answer your Hanukkah question. We are celebrating with my family this Sunday at my parents house. Though I so badly want to cancel because of my face but my mom would kill me and never forgive me if I did that. So I probably won't...my mother's wrath is not something I am capable of dealing with right now. ::)

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Thanks thanks so much Missy that you have said this, it made me cry a bit too I must admit but I most definitely do not want to make you cry, you have enough on your shoulders too. Yes, I wake up sometimes crying hard and talking to her and telling her that I hope she knew how much I loved her and I think she did as when she was given anaesthetics first she jumped up with her last strength in my arms and rested her head on my shoulder hugging me. I think she wanted me to save her and to feel safe and I remember how I was panicking that she already died when I was putting her to sleep. She was skin and bones and could not stand up right but she was walking and rubbing against the carrier on the way to the vet when I knew it was our last trip but screamed at my husband to hurry so they can save her which of course they could not. But I blame myself that perhaps it would not have happened if I had not gone on trips or hospital and I also blame myself that I stopped her minimal dose steroids and that was when she really went downhill fast. Somewhere I knew there was nothing I could do then but feel I could have perhaps prevented it. Ok enough of this as I definitely do not want to get you girls down at all. I just feel that I would do anything to turn back events and prevent this from happening and to still have her in this world. I know that it was too much bad stuff happening and perhaps I did not always make the best decisions or could not control certain things and prevent bad things from happening. Missy, I am so sorry to cause you pain!

Thanks for emailing Missy! Will definitely write you guys. I am going crazy trying to read what I missed, pix, listings, jewelry people are getting made or got that I want to see instead of doing my work today, I am a bad girl.

I also realised I never responded to LLJsmom that I do work in Vienna, I live on the border between Hungary and Austria and do work in Vienna, I go over three to five days a week depending, this is also why I have to be away sometimes quite a bit, January should be a quiet time with lots of time spent at home when I can be on the computer and write you girls.

Hugs to all!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ovi, please don't apologize or worry about making me feel badly about your loss. That's part of life and being a friend. I want you to feel free to share how you are feeling and doing. We all do. Big hugs my dear. We are here for you.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Antique clusters can be very charming and beautiful. Wow, we want to see some pix of you wearing some of your dangles Missy! Happy Hannukah! Glad you will get to celebrate. I do understand you may not feel like it because of your skin but I am positive that noone will care about it, you will be among family and anyhow it does not look as bad as you think it does, it must hurt of course and I totally relate as my skin has issues too and then I feel it looks horrible. Again thanks Missy, I promise I am stopping this grief issue now, basically I think what is hardest to me is that while I know how much she loved me and wanted to express it till the end, I wonder if she felt abandoned. I feel like a horrible person. I cannot thank you enough for listening and caring and being there and I promise I will not be selfish to talk about my problems.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1418906630|3803534 said:
Antique clusters can be very charming and beautiful. Wow, we want to see some pix of you wearing some of your dangles Missy! Happy Hannukah! Glad you will get to celebrate. I do understand you may not feel like it because of your skin but I am positive that noone will care about it, you will be among family and anyhow it does not look as bad as you think it does, it must hurt of course and I totally relate as my skin has issues too and then I feel it looks horrible. Again thanks Missy, I promise I am stopping this grief issue now, basically I think what is hardest to me is that while I know how much she loved me and wanted to express it till the end, I wonder if she felt abandoned. I feel like a horrible person. I cannot thank you enough for listening and caring and being there and I promise I will not be selfish to talk about my problems.

Ovi, you are not being selfish at all. Please do not apologize for sharing your feelings and I want you to talk about whatever you want to with us. I am not just saying that. I mean it from the bottom of my heart. I really do and I know that the other ladies here feel the same way. You cannot just stop grief. Oh don't I wish we could. She loved you with all her heart and she did not feel abandoned. She knew how much you loved her too. I know she did.

Zlata

Rough_Rock
Good morning!

Yes, Missy, I do think it may have been the citric acid--that was my experience. I believe that brand does have an organic aloe w/out though. (I used to mix up skin serums for myself some time ago and used the one without, as I recall.)

I take about 2 tsps. of the Calm magnesium (unflavored which is slightly stronger than the flavored options) and that's 350 mg. according to the label or 87% of RDA. I had taken pills and capsules, but never noticed any benefits until taking this brand. I'm pretty loyal. As always, have to give a disclaimer to everyone to check the label for warnings or talk to your doctor if you're not sure if you should take. This will sound completely off the wall, but I occasionally lurk on a horse forum and they give their chunky horses magnesium. It can have a bit of a laxative effect, so adjust accordingly. Lastly, I always rinse my mouth afterwards because it is a bit acidic. (Can you tell I'm a bit of an over thinker? :eh: ) Just want to give full disclosure and share what I've learned. :))

Have a great day!
Z

Edit: I just noticed the info above re: bioavailability. Thank you! I am going to keep that in mind. This is the only brand that has helped my RLS and it works very quickly. My DH on occasion has terrible leg cramps at night and, after drinking a glass of Calm, feels almost immediate relief and is able to go back to sleep. I always like a backup plan though.

Also, Missy, I want to say, you will recover from this. Truly, your skin wants to heal. You're doing your best to help it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zlata|1418913998|3803606 said:
Good morning!

Yes, Missy, I do think it may have been the citric acid--that was my experience. I believe that brand does have an organic aloe w/out though. (I used to mix up skin serums for myself some time ago and used the one without, as I recall.)

I take about 2 tsps. of the Calm magnesium (unflavored which is slightly stronger than the flavored options) and that's 350 mg. according to the label or 87% of RDA. I had taken pills and capsules, but never noticed any benefits until taking this brand. I'm pretty loyal. As always, have to give a disclaimer to everyone to check the label for warnings or talk to your doctor if you're not sure if you should take. This will sound completely off the wall, but I occasionally lurk on a horse forum and they give their chunky horses magnesium. It can have a bit of a laxative effect, so adjust accordingly. Lastly, I always rinse my mouth afterwards because it is a bit acidic. (Can you tell I'm a bit of an over thinker? :eh: ) Just want to give full disclosure and share what I've learned. :))

Have a great day!
Z

Edit: I just noticed the info above re: bioavailability. Thank you! I am going to keep that in mind. This is the only brand that has helped my RLS and it works very quickly. My DH on occasion has terrible leg cramps at night and, after drinking a glass of Calm, feels almost immediate relief and is able to go back to sleep. I always like a backup plan though.

Also, Missy, I want to say, you will recover from this. Truly, your skin wants to heal. You're doing your best to help it.

Aww thank you Zlata. I sincerely appreciate those good thoughts. I hope and pray you are right. I have never felt this down before and though I understand there are many many many worse things in life for some reason this is just overwhelming me with sadness and stress. I can hear Kristie and the others urging me to take something to help with my stress and believe me I am almost there. It's just that so many meds can exacerbate my rosacea and I am terrified of making this worse. I really just wanted to say thank you for your comments. Your last sentences cheered me up a bit. From your mouth to g-d's ears!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Girls,

Ovi, Oh honey, you are in no way to blame for Stella's death. She knew how loved by you she was. I truly believe animals know and feel these things. I was in tears reading your post and can feel your pain. My dog is the first pet I have had as an adult and I will be depressed for a very long time when something happens to her. I believe that people who haven't loved an animal have a hard time understanding. Those who have know exactly how you are feeling. They are our babies and we do everything possible to give them the best lives we can. Unfortunately bad things happen in life that are out of our control. You are in no way responsible. Please don't beat yourself up and blame yourself. Missy wrote this all so much better than I did but please know you are not alone. Honey we are all here for you. I am so sorry you are hurting. HUGS and many, many more hugs.

Take good care of yourself. I Let's hope the medicine works and you get healthy quickly.

Missy, I know you are feeling down but please don't skip the family party. I understand how you are feeling and I also know I would be feeling the same way. It's so hard to get yourself motivated to going out when your feel down but once you get there you will have a good time. Your nieces will make you feel better within minutes. They always brighten your day with their sweet smiles. You can hear their giggles in every picture you post of them. I also agree that dealing with your moms wrath is the last think you need right now. Mine tests my patience often but I also know how awful it will feel when she's not here. Enjoy the holiday and your time together.

Is it your face that is making you feel so bad right now? Are you seeing any improvement? I sure wish it would start looking and feeling just a little better. It would be so much easier to deal with if you were starting to see an improvement. It's the waiting and not knowing if you are on the right track that's so frustrating.

Did your new boots arrive? What are you planning to wear to your moms? I'm sure you will look beautiful in whatever you decide to wear.

Marcy, Have you been feeling okay? Do you have all your holiday shopping complete? When is Marty due back home?

LLJsmom, Has work gotten any better? My husband came home last night and immediately got on a conference call that he thought would go until 11:00 PM.. The call finally ended at 3:00 AM. He's working from home today and said the calls were going to start up again at 6:00 PM. I hate these middle of the night calls. His voice gets louder the more tired he gets. The dog hears him and wants to get up and play. Fun!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy I second what the others have said; first your skin will heal because it wants to heal and you want it to heal, try not to stress about it as much, I know how hard this is but I do believe that stress aggravates all bad conditions. Secondly, do not skip family programs, I wish I could do Hannukah I so miss it this year. You will enjoy it I promise, the more you are stuck home too the harder it gets to get out, been there done that, being so-called forced to get out is a good thing sometimes.

Callie I am sorry about this work situation that your husband is going through, I know what you mean about the animals, mine go crazy the minute they hear me, the cats start up and the dogs are scratching the doors. Contrary to how most people feel about this, the sound of them really calms me down and helps me relax, I used to feel that way when I lived alone. They are great stress reducers, that should not be underestimated.

Thanks, thanks Callie so much about your kind words, sometimes it is so tough. I think you cannot believe how hard it is until you actually lose them. My Puma and Niello, they are over 13, almost 14 and unbelievable how much we have been through. How much a miracle cat Puma has been, having been through so much and overcoming everything in the past, I so worry about him. The sweetest boy ever and Niello my orange tabby kitty the craziest, coolest cat. I cannot even imagine losing them. Sapphie, Stella's mom is over 11 and she is like a kitten, much like her daughter, not as sensitive but just as loving and I find her acting in so many ways like her daughter did, the way she comes to bed and washes our hair, I just wish I could have them in bed more often, I cannot as I get welts all over my body and I was developing asthma so sometimes is better than never, my husband gets to spend time with them in bed napping sometimes but in the bed I sleep in. Vinnie, Stella's son sounds just like she did, it is leery sometimes. But they are all individuals, so him coming back home was the best thing, he should have never left, I believe he would have died, he can never forget that I was his mom the first three days of his life. The animal-human bond can be so deep, it should not be underestimated.

Yes, girls, definitely share your shopping news, some fun we should all have here! This month I went outlet shopping, got a beautiful dress, bronzers and eye shadows, luxury pantyhose, got more La Mer and of course blingy stuff, definitely done now. Tomorrow I will go to the salon and that should be nice relaxation. Hopefully, all the gifts for the family will be ready this weekend, cannot wait! But actually I am not sure it will be finished, if not then by January.

I was better but I must stop drinking wine as even a drop like tonight makes my liver and gall bladder act up. Now I am not so great and have a headache too, I wanted to work more tonight but now I think I will take my antibiotics which knock me out, some time with the cats and then may go to bed. Hope you all have a wonderful day, it has been incredibly nice to talk to you all again, I really missed you so much!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi girls! I've been helping Greg bake today and it has made me feel a bit better.

Callie, it is my face that is causing me to feel down. It hurts a lot. An itchy hurt if that makes sense and it is so dry but moisturizing hurts so it is difficult. I moisturize with Vanicream but not as much as I need because the perioral dermatitis flares with any kind of cream/topical etc. Anyway I don't feel like talking about my face anymore.

Would you believe Nordstrom emailed me this afternoon. They canceled my boot order as they sold out. I am disappointed but not surprised as I ordered it Sunday and I kept waiting for the tracking number and I had a feeling that's what happened. I found them on Amazon Prime for the same price so fingers crossed that goes through.

Wow I cannot believe your dh was on a marathon CC till 3AM. Greg sometimes has to do one late or early but never at 3 AM and never that long. I am glad he stayed home today (Greg was home today too baking :halo: ) and hope he caught up on some rest!

Ovi, I hope you start feeling much better soon and that you enjoy your day tomorrow of R and R!!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Missy, It doesn't surprise me at all that the boots would sell out so fast. That price was amazing. The biggest surprise is that they were marked down at all. Did Amazon have the same price Nordstrom's was offering? Neiman Marcus also has the boots but they are at full price today. I'll keep my fingers crossed the boots arrive. They really are a great choice. Whenever I order something on line that I really want I overnight ship it. I'm always afraid they will run out of the item if I dont. I don't even want to think of how much extra money I've spent over the years. If I know I can find the item in a store later I don't bother.

My husband was only on the call for 1/2 hour tonight. Hopefully he's done for tonight. This is an extremely rare occurrence for him to be on calls all night long. I think anytime you have employees and or customers all over the world, phone calls at odd hours are inevitable. I was just amazed it went on for that many hours.

My niece just texted me to say she has no improvement with her skin. She is counting off the days until she can take Accutane. I think she is thinkIng its some miracle drug. I really think she has more than one issue going on as well, which is making me very nervous. Her skin is peeling badly and is so read. She keeps saying it's making her depressed. I know you can relate. I honestly don't even know what to say to cheer her up. My wish is for both of you to have your good skin back!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no, I am so sorry to hear your niece is not finding any relief or improvement. Even though we have different conditions we are dealing with parallel situations in a way. My skin is peeling and red too and feels so raw. Nothing is working and it is getting worse. I hear her on wanting to find a miracle cure believe me. Accutane might help her tremendously and if she and her doctors are super vigilant about monitoring her she will be OK. If any bad side effects occur they will have her discontinue the drug immediately so let's hope she finds relief soon. My wish for her is that the Mino starts kicking in so she doesn't have to resort to the more heavy duty Accutane.

I am glad your dh only had a short call tonight. You are right in that when dealing with people all over the world and in different time zones sometimes you just have to deal with the odd hour calls. I think it is great that both our dhs have jobs they enjoy and find rewarding.

Thank you for your good wishes for your niece and me for clear skin Callie. So appreciated and I am ready to start getting better as I know your dear niece is. I just want the discomfort to stop. I am so ready to be pain free at this point. Shingles in January, weird burning symptoms all winter/spring in arms/chest/leg/back and then just when things were improving I broke my leg, surgery lots of metal in leg and long recovery and then finally starting to feel better and BAM these skin issues. OMG so ready to just be and not feel some sort of pain. Whew, that felt good to get out. Done with vent, thanks for listening and now I am moving forward.

I overnighted the boots from Amazon. Same good deal and I just paid a little extra for overnight shipping. Same reasoning you have. If I overnight them maybe they won't be sold out before I get them. I honestly didn't even see that option with the Nordstrom online order but I am sure I missed it. Ooh just checked and the boots still have not shipped. I hope I get these lol.

Sweet dreams ladies. :wavey:

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies! How is everyone?

LLJsmom, thank you for the positive vibes. I appreciate them.

Ovi, I am glad you are feeling better today. Marty is on another trip but gets back tomorrow. Then he’s probably home a few weeks. I have to agree jewelry lasts the longest of things we buy but I like new purses, shoes, coats, sweaters and electronics too. I obsess that I need something then as soon as I get it I start looking for my next must have. I tend to shop more when Marty’s gone too. Did you ever get that gemstone you were looking at a few weeks ago? I am sorry to hear you are so sad. You are certainly not at fault for what happened to Stella. She knew you loved her and I know you gave her a good life. Hugs to you!

Missy, I slept a little bit later this morning. I am off tomorrow so I plan on sleeping in. Sorry you were awake early too. I watched It’s a Wonderful Life this weekend. It’s another great Christmas classic movie. How are you doing today? I bet you and Greg had fun baking today. I know you are dreading going out to celebrate with your family on Sunday but once you get there you’ll enjoy seeing everyone and your nieces will make the outing worth while. They are such cuties. Rats that your boots order got cancelled but that’s wonderful you found them somewhere else.

Hi Ziata!

Callie, I am feeling okay. Thanks for asking. Marty should be home about 6:30 tomorrow evening. Our husbands obviously work strange hours. That is funny the dog wants to get up and play when your husband is on the phone. Marty’s office is in the basement and on the opposite side of the house. We had them put in extra sheetrock and insulation to help deaden that noise in that room.

I’m up late tonight. I went to a friend’s house for supper. We had pizza, salad and snickerdoodles. We played cards and when I got home I talked to Marty on Face Time.

I’m off tomorrow from work so I am going to do some shopping, meet a friend for lunch and bake cheesecake.

Have a great day tomorrow!
Marcy

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls,

How is your skin today Missy? I keep hoping and thinking that it must improve and you will tell us you are better, improvement can take a long time if things are so out of balance but hopefully soon you will see signs of it. How is your foot? I am just hopeful that because you have not mentioned it perhaps it is better, is your leg better? It sounded like it was improving even if at a slow rate.

Marcy, wow so nice that Marty will be home tomorrow. Do you have plans or will start preparing for the holidays? Girls do you have any exciting gifts you are giving or expecting? I know exactly what you mean Marcy, I have been the same way, I obssess over things, I must have them and once I buy them then I need something else to think of that I must have, I am exactly the same. Yes, jewelry and gems are my faves but of course I buy other things too. I have not gotten new bags in a while though but I have quite a few nice ones now that I love and they have lasted. I have one favorite Burberry bag and wear that almost daily, I have no clue what will happen if it falls apart, not that I do not have others but this one colorwise and everything matches my wardrobe the best. Shoes, well, I bought a pair of shoes and a pair of boots this fall but dresses are what I bought the most of this fall/winter and cosmetics. You know as I have said that I am really craving a pair of high end boots and a gorgeous coat but I think I will wait until next winter as I still have enough for now, well, when is it about things we need? It is about the wants and not the needs and quite ridiculous that just because a coat may be a couple years old it must look bad.

Well, jewelry is like the icing on the cake but a girl needs a nice wardrobe and classy shoes and bags too, otherwise beautiful jewelry would look hideous, no? Wearing rags and jewelry, now that would be interesting.:))) Yes, Marcy, I have gotten a stone for myself and also a pair of earrings.:))) I cannot wait that you girls share the beauties you get this holiday season.

Ok, I was sooo bad yesterday not working much on the computer, I was supposed to but now I must hurry up though today I will be mostly at the salon.

Hope to talk to you girls soon, hugs,

OVi

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning!

Marcy, so glad you are going to catch up on your sleep today and that Marty will be home with you soon. Best holiday present of all.

We did enjoy baking. It has been a long time since we baked the Christmas butter cookies and I had fun with the different sprinkles haha. Greg did most of it but I was his sous chef. And ooh the apartment smells lovely with all the baking that was going on yesterday. Mmmm wish we could have baking smells all year round. :appl:

I am not looking forward to Sunday because of my face. It doesn't just look bad but it hurts so it is difficult to concentrate on anything else as I am always aware if that makes sense. Plus with my mom keeping the house too warm and mainly my aunt and uncle's presence in combination well let's just say I wish I could skip it. I love my aunt and uncle but they can be difficult people and are critical and judgmental much of the time. I know it sounds awful but I would prefer not seeing them when I am like this. I haven't seen them since my surgery as they did not visit me at all after the surgery. They don't live too far away about 2 hours but they are busy jet setters and I guess I wasn't important enough to them for them to take time out and visit me.

I got a message that the boots shipped and are due here today by 8PM. Woohoo. :appl:

I hope you wake up well rested and have fun tomorrow with your friend and shopping!

Hi Ovi, how are you feeling today? I hope you are back to 100% and feeling well. No change in either status re skin and leg thanks for asking but I am not even thinking about my leg these days lol. I am hopefully making small improvements. No PT until January 5th now and I was denied coverage re the appeal so not sure how much longer I am going to continue. Right now all I can focus on is my face and I am hoping the Oracea kicks in soon and helps provide relief. I think I am stopping all the topicals as my feeling is they are making my face more irritated and red with paps.

I totally get the wants vs needs and perhaps you can wait until deep discounts after the holidays regarding winter coats? You might be able to pick something gorgeous up at a fraction of the original cost and same for high end boots. That is less than a month away I think so hopefully you will get a great deal if you are patient. And your gorgeous bags might last forever because really well made things last. Don't forget either that a cobbler can really help extend the life of our bags and boots. But I get wanting something new. We are all guilty of that. Small pleasures in life.

Enjoy the salon today Ovi!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results