shape
carat
color
clarity

Now I really did it :((

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, I hope everything has been going well for you. I have missed you!!!! How have you been feeling? Has you PT been going well. What is happening with the ultrasound? Will Victor start adding this to your regular therapy sessions? I've skimmed over the past couple days entries trying to catch up. A friend came to stay as a surprise so I have been unable post.

I LOVE your new boots and the pictures you posted. They look fantastic on you!!! Seriously, like you should be the model for them. They look like they were made for you. I knew they would great and am so glad you decided to also purchased the blue ones. I can tell by your post that they were the perfect pick me up. You sounded really excited about them which was wonderful to read. I hope you can see me smiling from New York. Did you also go ahead and get the lighter color? Not trying to enable you but I really think you should. They look gorgeous on you.

My family got together yesterday and my niece had her new boots on. She found them at DSW. They are a knock off pair that look similar to the ones you posted, only hers are black leather. She now wants a suede pair. She said she loved them because she can wear them above or below the knee. She also made the comment that they were addicting. Of course that made me laugh. I'm getting lots of ideas for her Christmas gifts.

Thank you so much for the birthday post you started. That was so sweet of you. I want to thank those who posted but felt it would be too strange to post on the thread now. I hope you know how much I appreciate you Missy! I feel so lucky to have met you and hope someday we can meet in person. :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Happy belated birthday to you Calliecake! Sorry I missed that thread.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1413811935|3769713 said:
Hi Missy, I hope everything has been going well for you. I have missed you!!!! How have you been feeling? Has you PT been going well. What is happening with the ultrasound? Will Victor start adding this to your regular therapy sessions? I've skimmed over the past couple days entries trying to catch up. A friend came to stay as a surprise so I have been unable post.

I LOVE your new boots and the pictures you posted. They look fantastic on you!!! Seriously, like you should be the model for them. They look like they were made for you. I knew they would great and am so glad you decided to also purchased the blue ones. I can tell by your post that they were the perfect pick me up. You sounded really excited about them which was wonderful to read. I hope you can see me smiling from New York. Did you also go ahead and get the lighter color? Not trying to enable you but I really think you should. They look gorgeous on you.

My family got together yesterday and my niece had her new boots on. She found them at DSW. They are a knock off pair that look similar to the ones you posted, only hers are black leather. She now wants a suede pair. She said she loved them because she can wear them above or below the knee. She also made the comment that they were addicting. Of course that made me laugh. I'm getting lots of ideas for her Christmas gifts.

Thank you so much for the birthday post you started. That was so sweet of you. I want to thank those who posted but felt it would be too strange to post on the thread now. I hope you know how much I appreciate you Missy! I feel so lucky to have met you and hope someday we can meet in person. :wavey:

Hi Callie! I missed you too and I am so glad you had a wonderful birthday and also got to spend time with your friend! What a nice surprise. And yay for your niece. I bet her boots look smashing. Tell her to enjoy and perhaps she will have something suede waiting for her around Christmas... ;)) I am not buying any more boots for a while as I did enough damage to the wallet if you kwim. 3 pairs of SW boots in 2 weeks is quite enough...for now. :cheeky:

PT went well today though Victor was mega busy. He was double booked at 7:40 AM today so I wasn't thrilled but don't feel I got shortchanged. It's just that every minute feels critical to me as I am dwindling down on how much more PT I will be allowed to get with my insurance. Each PT session is a $30 copay which is manageable but if insurance decides I have had enough I will be in trouble. Right now I am only approved for another few weeks. You know how insurances are. ::)

Victor did not do ultrasound on my incisions today but it could have been he forgot or was too busy or doesn't think I need it. He massages the scars at the end of almost every session so if he felt it necessary I am sure he would. I will ask him though on Wed just in case he forgot.

We walked a lot this weekend and though it was painful I feel I am (for the most part) making progress. I had more strangers stop me and tell me how happy they are for me seeing me out of the wheelchair. I am infamous in my neighborhood hahaha. Seriously though I was/am touched every time someone stops me to encourage me and tell me they are happy to see me making progress. Who says NYC is a cold city.

So, on to the really important questions. Any bling or otherwise pics to share from your birthday celebration? :appl:
And you know I feel the same way about you and hope we meet IRL one day. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413723098|3769378 said:
Lol I do the same thing Missy, I like saving really expensive things for I dunno when too, then after a year or two I start thinking ok this is nuts and sometimes start wearing them. With shoes, I have quite a collection of sandals and some other nice heels, I am especially this way after I have wrecked several pieces. Stiletto heels can be tough to wear out and I remember examples like when I wore my Fendi sandals out for a dinner party and got stuck in a hole on the deck which ripped the leather off the heel and of course it is mostly unrepairable, in this case the leather was still hanging there so they did a pretty good job fixing it which was good as it was colorful with a pattern, nothing to do otherwise. Then I do not feel the same way about them if they are ruined. So now I keep many of them to only wear once or twice a year. Unfortunately, heels are not immune.:))) Clothes, the same thing the best I now try to wear out right away when I get them so I will not start saving them but then only wear once or twice so I do not ruin them getting caught in something.

Believe me it feels great and you feel an order in your head once you have decluttered, almost impossible to start and do it but once you go through with it you feel better about what you have left and see it more clearly what you need or want. Quite the task but glad my mom got me started this fall.

Hope that you are feeling well today.Beautiful weather today here probably for the last time so time to go out and do something.

Hi Ovi, I completely understand how you feel when you ruin a shoe or piece of clothing you love but these days my philosophy is enjoy them now and if something happens to them it most likely can be repaired. And if not it's just a thing. I learned if you save something the unexpected can happen anyway so might as well enjoy it in the moment for as long as it lasts. And shoes can be repaired. We have a good cobbler near us and he has saved many a pair for me and he reheels all my boots as I am very hard on them for some reason.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of the beautiful weekend!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy! Glad you are getting PT, is it helpful in your opinion? It should be and I do hope you get it until you are fully recovered. Sometimes after PT I think you could hurt a bit more but then it will greatly help in the long run or at least this has been my experience.

I totally hear you on the enjoy what we have thing, I ended up with dresses I only wore once or twice until they no longer fit me. Sooo, now I just try to enjoy my beauties, my style could change, even moth can happen, etc. Yeah I got a great cobbler now, there is a shoe store next to the jewelry store in Vienna and the people there are good friends, give me great prices and got the best cobbler I have had. Sure, I am very hard on my shoes too but most things can be repaired you are right. Yeah, let's just bring our beauties color into our lives.

Thanks Missy, yesterday was very nice, went out hiking in the neighborhood, that way I am lucky I live in a beautiful area and then for dinner. It was really nice for a change, I rarely get to enjoy these type of programs anymore.

Yes, Callie, please share if you got gorgeous bling or something else for your birthday!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, It sounds like you are doing extremely well. Just the fact that you have been getting out every weekend and have been able to go shopping is such great progress. Stuart Weitzman can be quite the motivator! It must be so nice to have people in the neighborhood make comments about how far you have come in the past few months. Remember their comments when you are having a bad day because I'm sure they are all thinking how incredible you are! I know none of this can be easy when you are in pain. You should be so proud of yourself and the strides you've made the past few months.

Aren't your normal therapy appoints with Victor just the two of you? It would seem the one on one sessions would be more helpful. I don't recall you ever saying his time was divided between two patients?

I have been cracking up reading OVincze and your comments about waiting to wear clothes and shoes. This must be a woman thing! I am so guilty of this one and have no idea what I'm saving things for. It's not like my life is all that exciting lately. I still have many items from last winter with the tags still on them. It's crazy. I really need to stay out of the malls. Yeah, like that will ever happen.

I did not receive any jewelry for my birthday so I have nothing exciting to talk about on that front. My husband had asked about week earlier what I wanted. I told him I had been looking for a new purse but haven't found anything I'm in love with. Any ideas?????

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes OVincze!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Callie, what brand of purse are you interested in and what type of bag are you thinking of purchasing? There are some for sale on DB and loupe troop at a good price that you might like.

http://diamondbistro.com/category/202/Purses-and-handbags/listings/39119/Chloe-Handbag-Authentic.html

http://loupetroop.com/listings/other/jimmy-choo-blake-metallic-black-biker-hobo-slash-boho

I have many purses but nothing terribly expensive. I have a number of Cole Haan purses and Dooney Burke pocketbooks that are my regulars and lately I have been collecting vintage Dooneys and vintage Coach bags. However as is the case with almost everything I have too many bags and share the experience with Ovi and Deb what many still have their tags on years after buying them. :o

I usually have the first 20 minutes or so with just Victor and as he is booked every 20 min I then share him but he is pretty good at multitasking. And he usually spends one on one time massaging the scars and the foot/leg at the end of my sessions. I am usually at PT for 45 min to an hour. All the therapists are booked every 20 minutes and I would be hard pressed finding a therapy place that didn't have some sharing going on. It's just that today he had me for my 7:40AM session and another young lady who had to get to school at 8:30AM so I understand. I have a feeling it will be like this for a while until my appointments start at 8AM in a few weeks.

Ha, it must be a recessive X chromosome thing. Saving clothes/shoes/purses and buying more than we could ever wear lol. Greg is so organized unlike me. If he buys something (and believe me he loves to shop and loves style so we are a good match that way) he will get rid of something so there is always room in his neat and organized closet. :rolleyes: Seriously I am jealous. I feel Greg is the grownup I really really want to be hahaha.
On a positive note on the last shopping expedition at the Nordstrom Rack I got a dress that goes perfectly with my blue suede boots. :bigsmile:

Let me know what you are looking for re purses and I would be happy to search for you. Or perhaps we can tempt you with a little diamond shopping... :naughty: :cheeky:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Missy! Glad you are getting PT, is it helpful in your opinion? It should be and I do hope you get it until you are fully recovered. Sometimes after PT I think you could hurt a bit more but then it will greatly help in the long run or at least this has been my experience. Ah a good therapeutic massage, that sounds very helpful for sure.

I totally hear you Missy on the enjoy what we have thing, I ended up with dresses I only wore once or twice until they no longer fit me. Sooo, now I just try to enjoy my beauties, my style could change, even moth can happen, etc. Yeah I got a great cobbler now, there is a shoe store next to the jewelry store in Vienna and the people there are good friends, give me great prices and got the best cobbler I have had. Sure, I am very hard on my shoes too but most things can be repaired you are right. Yeah, let's our beauties bring color into our lives.

Thanks Missy, yesterday was very nice, went out hiking in the neighborhood, that way I am lucky I live in a beautiful area and then for dinner. It was really nice for a change, I rarely get to enjoy these type of programs anymore.

Ah, I hear you girls on malls but the problem for me is that I do not need to even go to a mall, I only need to step out of the store and walk, hmm, one minute and find too many things to tempt me. On rainy days or sunny days, boring days, I always find an excuse to walk the neighborhood and unfortunately the best stores are around. I can be lazy and not want to go anywhere but chances are I go to grab lunch and see something in a shopwindow that stops me dead in me tracks, talk about enabling!

Haha it is so funny Missy, you buy dresses to match your shoes, I have been known to do the same. Also, I buy dresses to match my jewelry. There is always a reason.

Callie, yes what purses have you been thinking about? What brands do you like and what styles? I limit myself on purses because I spend so much on jewelry, shoes, dresses, cosmetics. I have a Burberry (sold another I loved), Furlas, some of those are really nice, a Tosca Blue, no Chanel, Dior, Hermes or any of these really high end ones. I guess where I live people rarely buy super expensive purses, mine are already considered very nice. Furlas have gotten pricier over the years though. I love Tosca Blu, honestly they have some gorgeous purses at great prices but you may be considering much higher end purses so not sure. I do love some of those too but I am restraining myself. If I got started on purses, well, better not think about that. It is bad enough that I have to have new jewelry every couple of months.:))) Of course it is a lot of fun because I get to design myself most of my pieces and participate in making them. Let us know maybe we can help you with your purse hunt Callie.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha Ovi, yes there is always a reason for shopping. :halo: And I hear you on just walking out the door with all the amazing shops right there. I have the very same problem. Of course for the last almost four months I have been online shopping. So happy and thankful I can get back to my regular out and about routine. :appl:

Speaking of shopping and fashion... my dh designed an embroidered patch of our cat Frankie a few weeks ago and the finished product just arrived today. He is going to put it on plain tees and such just for fun lol. I will have him add it to all my PT tops and shorts haha and we are going to put it on shirts for the PT staff for halloween. Here is the very first one. We have 200 of them. We are crazy I know. :sun:

I definitely think PT is very helpful to me still at this stage. I started out patient PT mid August I think and it really guides you and shows you what you need to be doing at home. Just doing PT 3 times a week for 45 minutes or so wouldn't be enough. I do my PT exercises multiple times a day so I can improve as much as possible. I am still having trouble with ROM but I am working hard and hopefully with time I will be able to increase my ankle ROM. And I also am working on increasing muscle strength because my calf muscle was atrophied due to my immobilization. PT is working on all aspects of my recovery. The kind of massage I am getting is very painful though so not like the good type of massage. Maybe when I am better I can go for one of those. :))

ETA: Oh, I like Furla pocketbooks too. I have a few from a while ago. Lovely and well made.

frankieonshirt.jpg

littlefrankie.jpeg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

How are you doing?

Awesome that you were out walking around this weekend and how wonderful people are excited to see your progress.

I hope your insurance continues to support your PT with Victor. That is good to hear that heat seems to work better to help loosen up your ankle for stretching and exercises. I am actually not surprised to hear about conflicting recommendations on ultrasound. Probably using it is moderation is meets both points of view?

Your new boots look fabulous. I love that color of blue.

I love the embroidered patch of Frankie. It looks fabulous.

Marty is back in the UK. He was in the UK all of last week and got to see a military parade. It was a celebration of 75 years ago Russia liberated them from the Nazi. Putin was even there. Marty got a few pictures of his killer rabbit in front of tanks, rockets and even got a soldier to pose with the killer rabbit. Too funny! He should be home on Saturday.

I so agree with you that it is best to distance yourself from toxic people. I have been doing a lot of thinking how to deal with my negative employee, read some recommendations online and I think I need to try and nudge her in the right direction. The next time she snaps at someone in the room I am just going to politely say we don’t talk to each other that way to please answer that question in a more polite manner. I think the rest of the team will appreciate me sticking up for them. I know she is going to complain about a schedule I am going to give everyone – it’s kind of a average amount of time something should take to complete. I am going to let her bring up her usual complaint she isn’t allowed the time to finish things so I’ll listen to her, say valid point and then suggest she record her time for a few weeks and we’ll take a look at what we can do to improve her time management. I am kind of tired of driving myself crazy over this. As I told my senior employee today this is more of a annoyance to work on not a massive fire we have to put out.

I kept myself busy last week. I went to supper with a friend one night, worked on a program for my club and tried to figure out how to do a newsletter in the new version of Pages. I still prefer the original version of Pages but I gave it a try. This weekend I drove around and looked at the fall leaves on trees and took some pictures. It was kind of fun. Sunday I watched football and dish house stuff.

I am almost done with my cinnamon bread. Having just a piece a day I am not going through it very quickly.

Take care!
Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good morning Marcy! You are killing me with your cinnamon bread...omg it sounds so good! I think I can smell it from here. Enjoy!

Thanks for all your encouragement. I am making progress and realize I will have setbacks and as long as they are minor I am OK. And I know it will be slow progress but that is also OK as long as I am heading towards the goal of recovery. I got the feeling from my surgeon's physician assistant that ultrasound was not necessary unless deemed so by the PT. Andrew (the PA) told me he doesn't really even believe in the benefit of ultrasound but that's another story. The surgeon (and probably PA) also doesn't believe in alternative supplementation and nixed me taking any though I am taking the Wobenzym Kristie recommended here as the surgeon has his strengths and I respect that but he cannot be 100% knowledgeable about everything yanno?

I am glad you have a plan on dealing with your toxic co-worker. Nothing like dealing with negative people to make your day at work a downer. We get energy from our colleagues and why do some/many feel negative energy is worthwhile? I love people who are upbeat and have good energy and sure we cannot always be perfect but it sounds like this worker is pretty far from that ideal. And though it may be no more than an annoyance it is a quality of life issue as those minor annoyances on a repeated basis can really add up.

One of my good friends who works with me gave notice at my job (she is retiring) and is leaving the end of October. She is a psychologist (Phd) and supervises the social workers there and the master's degree psychologist and she is taking them out to lunch tomorrow and invited me to join them. I was leaning towards going but it is supposed to be rainy all day tomorrow and I feel I am still too shaky to go on my own especially in the inclement weather. So I told her I would wait and see how the weather turns out tomorrow. I was so excited to meet them but now probably won't. It's OK as I will be able to do stuff like that on my own soon enough. I will miss seeing her at work if I return though. She was my closest friend there and made each day a bit brighter.

Marty is getting to see history in the making and I hope he and the killer bunny lol are enjoying themselves. Only a few more days till he returns home and it sounds like you are having a lovely time with friends and projects so the time is sure to be going quickly. Did you request any gifts from his latest travels?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Yeah Missy :appl:

Rooting for your continued recovery! Just dashed in (again) but hope you are doing well today :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Begonia|1413907353|3770400 said:
Yeah Missy :appl:

Rooting for your continued recovery! Just dashed in (again) but hope you are doing well today :))

Thank you Begonia! How are you feeling? How is your back? I have been thinking of you and hoping you are making a full recovery and feeling well! Thank you for checking in with me. :wavey:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ugly picture alert...please skip if you are faint of heart or just don't want to see gross pics. But for completeness sake I am including them here. The good the bad and the ugly (not necessarily in that order but you decide :cheeky: )...

First pic laying down so the color difference not really noticeable. But you can see the difference in ankle size. When I am standing my "affected" leg gets red and more swollen but I am usually wearing compression socks which help with that issue.

Second pic shows the largest of my incisions which is healing albeit slowly. There are 2 areas where there is not 100% approximation but the surgeon is well aware of these and there is nothing to be done for them at this time. I am not concerned with scarring as long as it doesn't affect my long term functioning. I am wearing silicone bandages and getting the scar manipulated by Victor to help.

Third pic you can clearly see the color difference when I am vertical.

Last pic just throwing that in for Callie and Ovi...new dress (Laundry) I bought to go with my boots that I wore for our Sunday stroll. :bigsmile: My dh thinks I am crazy with all the selfies but supports me as you can see by joining the (albeit headless lol) picture.

anklecomparison.jpg

biggestincision.jpg

yukkylegcomparison.jpg

hidingleginbootyay.jpg

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You guys look so nice together! Even without the faces.:))) Love your style and you rock those boots and new dress. Frankie is so cute and that shirt is priceless, I want one with each of my babies now.

I am feeling under the weather tonight but perhaps it will be better by tomorrow. I got grumpy because I was hunting a bit today for dresses on sale and nothing impressed me ROFL, reason to be grumpy, not?:)))

Even despite the color difference Missy, the swelling has gone down quite well I think, way to go girl! Even soft tissue traumas can take a long time, I know they have for me in the past and then I get worried about my legs not matching but it is the least important and you have fabulous legs as it is, I am glad you are able to wear the new boots hopefully without pain. They will encourage you to get better, do all the home exercise and PT. Write more soon and hope you girls are all having a great day.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, Wow, your leg is looking fantastic! The discoloration and the swelling will continue to get better. You are definately well on your way!

I love your new dress. Is this the one you found at Nordstrom Rack? It looks perfect with your new boots. You have me rethinking boots. My calves are thin and boots are usually so big around the calves. One of friends keeps telling me to buy a pair and just have them taken in. I'm just worried they will end up looking weird. Any thoughts?

My husband has a lot in common with yours. He cleans his closet out every month while mine looks like a bomb went off in it. I keep hoping he will rub off on me but it still hasn't happened. After 20 something years I guess it's hopeless. He laughs because I hate it if anything is out of place in the other rooms of the house. Closets or drawers not so much!

Is that little Francesca???? Soo cute!

I spent hours at Nordstrom and Neiman's looking a purses over the weekend. I know I would like a higher end bag that I will love. The problem is I haven't fallen in love with much. I purchased a couple nicer Marc Jacobs bags a couple years ago but hardly ever use them and keep using my Michael Kors large Selma bag. I also have two more Selma bags I haven't used yet. I love how the there is a place to put everything in the Selma bags. I also want a bag that I won't see everyone else carrying. I looked at YSL and they were really heavy with nothing in them so I ruled them out. I also found a higher end Michael Kors bag I liked but can't see spending $1200 for a Michael Kors bag. I had wanted a Prada bag but the one I like doesn't zip close at the top and I hate having everything in my purse out in the open. I'm too picky. I also lean toward plainer looking bags. Do you and Orvincze have any suggestions.

Orvincze, you are talking to the right person if you need someone to understand an obsession with dresses. I don't even work anymore and keep buying them. I swear I'm insane. I was teasing Missy that she had nothing to feel guilty about buying dresses online. My husband traveled a lot this summer. I spent way too much time in malls and online.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy,

I’d share my cinnamon bread with you if only you were closer. I think I’ll freeze the last couple of pieces and make French toast out of them when Marty gets back.

You are most definitely heading towards recovery. I think the different views on ultrasound is more what they believe works best for you not necessarily that it is bad for you. It sounds like you have a wonderful group of people helping you along the way and the biggest key is that you are willing to do what it takes to get there. You are doing awesome!

I so agree dealing daily with negativity wears everyone down. I still believe she doesn’t see it. I think she’d be shocked if she knew how tired the rest of us are of hearing her drama du jour.

I hate to hear someone you like at work is leaving. I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow and you can make it to lunch. That would be fun but you are right to see how the weather is tomorrow before you decide. Good plan!

I told Marty he could bring me home a teddy bear but he said I have enough already. He generally doesn’t go shopping much when he’s there. He did go out a buy a jacket though so I know he was shopping.

Your leg, ankle and incision actually look pretty good to me. The swelling has gone down a great deal since the last time you posted pictures of your ankle. You and Greg make a smashing couple.

Take care!

Marcy

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OVincze|1413915848|3770467 said:
You guys look so nice together! Even without the faces.:))) Love your style and you rock those boots and new dress. Frankie is so cute and that shirt is priceless, I want one with each of my babies now.

I am feeling under the weather tonight but perhaps it will be better by tomorrow. I got grumpy because I was hunting a bit today for dresses on sale and nothing impressed me ROFL, reason to be grumpy, not?:)))

Even despite the color difference Missy, the swelling has gone down quite well I think, way to go girl! Even soft tissue traumas can take a long time, I know they have for me in the past and then I get worried about my legs not matching but it is the least important and you have fabulous legs as it is, I am glad you are able to wear the new boots hopefully without pain. They will encourage you to get better, do all the home exercise and PT. Write more soon and hope you girls are all having a great day.

Good morning Ovi, thank you and I hope you are feeling better today!
What kind of dresses are you shopping for? For sales I love the websites Piperlime, Bluefly and Rue La La to name a few if you need some ideas where to search.

I have PT this morning and it is pouring outside. I woke up at 3AM to loud thunder and poor Francesca who was laying on top of me jumped so high and ran under the bed where she stayed till I got up at 5AM to feed the kitties. And it took some coaxing to get her to come out and eat.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Calliecake|1413921949|3770534 said:
Hi Missy, Wow, your leg is looking fantastic! The discoloration and the swelling will continue to get better. You are definately well on your way!

I love your new dress. Is this the one you found at Nordstrom Rack? It looks perfect with your new boots. You have me rethinking boots. My calves are thin and boots are usually so big around the calves. One of friends keeps telling me to buy a pair and just have them taken in. I'm just worried they will end up looking weird. Any thoughts?

My husband has a lot in common with yours. He cleans his closet out every month while mine looks like a bomb went off in it. I keep hoping he will rub off on me but it still hasn't happened. After 20 something years I guess it's hopeless. He laughs because I hate it if anything is out of place in the other rooms of the house. Closets or drawers not so much!

Is that little Francesca???? Soo cute!

I spent hours at Nordstrom and Neiman's looking a purses over the weekend. I know I would like a higher end bag that I will love. The problem is I haven't fallen in love with much. I purchased a couple nicer Marc Jacobs bags a couple years ago but hardly ever use them and keep using my Michael Kors large Selma bag. I also have two more Selma bags I haven't used yet. I love how the there is a place to put everything in the Selma bags. I also want a bag that I won't see everyone else carrying. I looked at YSL and they were really heavy with nothing in them so I ruled them out. I also found a higher end Michael Kors bag I liked but can't see spending $1200 for a Michael Kors bag. I had wanted a Prada bag but the one I like doesn't zip close at the top and I hate having everything in my purse out in the open. I'm too picky. I also lean toward plainer looking bags. Do you and Orvincze have any suggestions.

Orvincze, you are talking to the right person if you need someone to understand an obsession with dresses. I don't even work anymore and keep buying them. I swear I'm insane. I was teasing Missy that she had nothing to feel guilty about buying dresses online. My husband traveled a lot this summer. I spent way too much time in malls and online.

Hi Callie, I definitely think taking your boots to a good cobbler to have them fit to your calves are a good idea. I did the same with a few pairs of my boots and they look great. It's really not that difficult though my guy is good I am sure most decent cobblers can do that. That is one of the dresses I got at the Rack a few weekends ago. I love being so close to great shopping. :appl:

That is little Francesca. Greg modeled the patch from the picture I took of her when she looked like she was levitating and voilà she is now immortalized. :bigsmile: I already ordered polos and bags for the people at PT and Greg is going to sew the patch on them and we are going to give them to the staff at Halloween. Just a little token to show our appreciation for the great job they are all doing for everyone there.

I have no suggestions re the purses as I am not familiar with high end ones so much. I agree though that I prefer lighter weight bags that I won't be in pain from carrying. Since my accident I don't even take purses with me because I don't need anything extra distracting me from not falling lol. My only advice is get what you love and don't be afraid to splurge. It's for your birthday so go for it! And please post pics because I would love to see your new bag. :appl:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1413939894|3770714 said:
Hi Missy,

I’d share my cinnamon bread with you if only you were closer. I think I’ll freeze the last couple of pieces and make French toast out of them when Marty gets back.

You are most definitely heading towards recovery. I think the different views on ultrasound is more what they believe works best for you not necessarily that it is bad for you. It sounds like you have a wonderful group of people helping you along the way and the biggest key is that you are willing to do what it takes to get there. You are doing awesome!

I so agree dealing daily with negativity wears everyone down. I still believe she doesn’t see it. I think she’d be shocked if she knew how tired the rest of us are of hearing her drama du jour.

I hate to hear someone you like at work is leaving. I hope the weather cooperates tomorrow and you can make it to lunch. That would be fun but you are right to see how the weather is tomorrow before you decide. Good plan!

I told Marty he could bring me home a teddy bear but he said I have enough already. He generally doesn’t go shopping much when he’s there. He did go out a buy a jacket though so I know he was shopping.

Your leg, ankle and incision actually look pretty good to me. The swelling has gone down a great deal since the last time you posted pictures of your ankle. You and Greg make a smashing couple.

Take care!

Marcy

Thank you Marcy! I hope yesterday was a good day for you at work. Negativity is so wearing and we have it at my workplace too unfortunately. The maintenance man at work is so sweet and gentle and has been calling me every few weeks for the last 4 months to check on how I am doing. Well last night he called and told me the clinic chief basically fired him as he told him he will not be renewing his contract. I am so sad but Cornwall was OK with it as he told me he hated it there anyway (which I knew) mainly because of the clinic chief and that he was going to move to Florida with his daughter (who is a young woman in her twenties). He is going to visit me in a few weeks though to say goodbye. I will miss him but am happy for him to have a better opportunity. It seems that if I ever do go back no one I like will still be there. ::)

Also yesterday the new IT guy from work (whom I have not yet met) called me to set up some time online to get me up to speed with EMR because on November 12th there is a webinar set up just for my specialty for learning how to do records online and the clinic chief wants me to have some basic understanding before that date . OMG it didn't go well as I am computer illiterate and doing this remotely is challenging to say the least. It turned out something was wrong with the elearning program he sent to me and he is going to work out the bugs and get back to me today hopefully. I swear I just don't have good luck when it comes to computers.

Thanks for listening and sorry for the venting about work. I know you understand though and I hope things go smoothly for you at work this week. And perhaps Marty will surprise you with a teddy bear despite what he said...

Have a good day!

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi girls, wow the weather sucks over there too? Here we had huge storms overnight and crazy winds, today it is very cold after we had a period of Indian summer. I hate this as it only gives me more reason to stay home inside (today I am home) and be online. Haha it is so funny that when husbands are not home we girls have our shopping bouts going to stores and searching online, we definitely have things in common.

Thank you for asking Missy, I am fine, still feeling a bit tired, surely it is this sudden change in the weather. I was looking at dresses at my favorite store in Vienna which is of course across the jewelry store. They carry different Italian designers. I did not like the dress I originally picked out. I guess the way I choose is by falling in love with something I see, no definite ideas in my head ahead of time although I am generally focused on certain colors. I love color even though I wear a lot of black too and lately I have been looking at these coral, purple, salmon, melon and such colors, of course to match my FCD necklaces.:))) Otherwise, I like earthy colors, love green and teal and as I said also charcoal and black for work to match black and white diamonds.:)))

Naturally, what I did see in my favorite stores was a line of very different and cute purses by a French designer, I have fallen for one of these purses. They are not really classics but more like a funky style, love them!

I have seen some beautiful Prada purses, once I almost bought a pink and yellow vintage at auction, not sure what their collection is like but I can look. My dad's wife always buys Michael Kors, I have not had one yet. Like I was saying Furlas are beautiful in my opinion, gorgeous leather and great workmanship, they last and last. Over the last few years their prices have gone up considerably but perhaps they are still not high end enough though I do think Furla is certainly comparable to Michael Kors in quality and all, actually they have very pretty styles but I am not sure how much the brand is available in the US. Here I am very lucky because twenty minutes from my house there is a big outlet center. I have serious cravings to go shopping there and now you girls are enabling me to go look at purses. I still want to go look at dresses though, last time I got a silk Burberry dress there for 70 euros, which was an unbelievable price, last piece of course. Burberry is my favorite brand especially when it comes to coats and last time the outlet store had tons of new coats coming in. Now just another thing I do not need to start thinking about.

Oh, another thing, I just remembered that I think Tod's is wonderful. I have been discovering the brand lately and got sandals during summer sale, I have seen beautiful purses from them too. The quality is actually superb. I used to buy Burberry shoes mostly but not all are top quality but Tod's is really delish and I think that Tod's is pretty high end too when it comes to purses.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I was also going to say that what put me in a bad mood about dress shopping yesterday is that the girl that helped me at my favorite store was not very nice to me IMHO. Perhaps it is because I was looking at dresses on sale but she was directing me to their website. Ok, I have done that, which is why I am here, are they crazy that I order online when I am next door? Instead of ordering and returning I can try on the dress at their store first to see if I even like it. I thought that was strange especially considering that I brought a pretty expensive dress there about ten days ago and many more before. It made me not want to come back to the store again. The others have been much nicer there. They make me feel that they are not happy if I do not buy right away and you know because I work with customers all the time, I treat them the best and I do get very difficult customers for jewelry. I expect they do the same for me if I am shopping and I am not even difficult. I only exchanged there once and it was because both people told me the dress I got there was too big for me so I made an even exchange five minutes after I first bought it. Europe can be odd. I think I was perhaps being too sensitive but I felt like never going back there anymore. I just expect customer service to be like it is in the US, or what I was used to there when I lived there and how I treat customers. Maybe it happened also because she thought I was coming back to buy the Barbara Rihl purse and not a dress on sale. But, hey, I have the right to try on something else and think about the purse, not? Sorry girls for venting.

Let's hear about you girls. I want to help you search for a bag Callie, I will look at the options you sort of liked to see the style and then will try.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi Callie,

I started looking for bags for you. I have looked at the Selma to see what you like, so you mainly like satchels, shoppers and the like but zip closed. The Tod's website is very limited, better to see them at a boutique or elsewhere they carry them, they are definitely more high end and classic looking, a but more conservative, I love Tod's for the workmanship and style but it is more fitting for my business look, otherwise I like funky things, colorful things, hobos, etc. But Tod's may fit your style too. Not cheap stuff though, sometimes locally we have 50% sales on them. On the site there was a G line shopping bag that may seem fitting. I loved their Flower bag but it did not have a zip closure. Better to see more selection in person if you can. They have structured bags too but not sure if they are your style.

I am continuing looking for you. I do hear you on dresses lol. You do not need to be working to buy more. Same with jewelry for me. Even when I spent months home and worked out of home jewelry was always on my list and dresses too as hey I did get to go out sometimes.:))) Cosmetics the same. I was only good when it came to shoes and purses but am afraid that has ended too now.

Ok, looking at Furlas now, I think they are less than Tod's but still great quality. Only I cannot send you links as I am in Europe and doubt you can open a European link. They have a Twiggy satchel, Dolly satchel, Cortina satchel is nice but a bit more unique, the new Piper Lux Satchel always loved the Piper, you can search for these models the names of which I am telling you and then you can point me in a direction of whether you totally hate them and want something entirely different or along these lines but different in this and that. Also, what color would you like?

Please let me know if there is a way for you to search for them or look at the sites and take a look and what direction we should help you in. I will keep looking in the meantime.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Missy, What a great idea to give the members of your PT staff a shirt with Francesca's logo for Halloween. I'm sure they will appreciate it. Who could not love little Francesca? I hope the rain stops there so she can calm down a little. I so wish they could understand what's happening so they wouldn't be so frightened. They have been replacing the siding on our home the past week. My dog doesn't usually frighten easily but this has been very scary for her. She sent most of the past two days sitting on my lap shaking. Between the siding on our house and my two neighbors having their roof replaced this week, it sounds like a war zone here. I felt so bad for her. Almost every roof in my neighborhood has been replaced this summer of fall due to a storm we had in May.

We're you happy with how the boots you had altered looked afterward? I love boots and have not worn the higher ones due to them being too large in the calves. Maybe I ought to buy a pair and bring them to the shoe cobbler. It would definately be worth a try. I think they look so cool and can really complete an outfit. I also love the look with jeans and a blazer or sweater in the winter.

I decided to give the bag hunt a rest until my husband and I go downtown next month. If I find something I fall in love with I'll buy it, if not I'll keep using the ones I already have that I've not used. I've come to the realization that I don't want to purchase a higher end one if I'm not absolutely in love with it. I also very rarely switch them out. I buy one and use the same bag for months. We'll be going out and I think I should use another one but rarely change. I'm so boring. If I only I was this picky with clothes, the money I could save!

OVincze, Maybe the saleswoman was just having a bad day. One of the girls that used to work in a store I frequent often had acted very much the way you described when I first met her. We ended up becoming good friends and I certainly wouldn't have thought that would be possible when I first met her. The first time I met her she was going thru a lot in her personal life. A girl I used to work with was originally from France and she could not get over the fact that you were allowed to return things In the US. She said if you made a purchase in Europe you were stuck with it unless the item was damaged. I can't count the number of times I've bought a piece of clothing and thought what the heck was I thinking the very next day. I can't imagine not being able to change my mind and return something. Can you return items where you live?

You are so correct. I love satchels that you can zip close and probably look more business like so Tod's is also one I should be looking at. as I stated above, I'm pretty boring and usually buy black or taupe color. I've had a few Furlas in the past that were wonderful.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Callie, we are so much the same! I keep using the same bag for months unless there is a really special occasion like the ball I went to last weekend but this time I did not even switch my bag for that occasion. It is truly senseless what I am doing when it comes to bags. It used to be my grey Furla hobo I wore all the time, for the past few months it has been my Burberry Nova but my quilt jacket is also Burberry and they match. I do the same thing to coats, this fall it has been my Burberry quilt and last year I wore my Burberry trench almost nonstop, this year I have not worn it at all. Now I have all these beautiful bags I hardly ever wear and the two I have never worn and one is a Furla that is probably the most beautiful bag to me. I end up wearing one I can wear with most everything I am wearing as far as dresses and shoes go but I still keep wanting new bags and keep thinking I need a new one, pretty crazy. Just take it easy and go to stores and see some IRL, yeah you should only get a high end one if you are truly in love but does that mean you will put it away to save it for a better occasion? ROFL. I can see myself doing that.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Ah, I forgot to respond to you about the salespeople. I think that in Europe they often too obviously try to make a sale and they show how disappointed they are if you want to think about it. It should not be that way and it is pretty stupid because I often return two days later to buy the item as I keep dreaming about it. I may just do this to that Barbara Rihl bag because it is really fun but I keep thinking I need to go to the Burberry outlet and find a winter coat there. I need that more but then when is shopping more about a need rather than a want? At the same time I also want to go back to that store in Vienna and buy the bag just to please them. This is totally wrong too. You are right that here people are generally not allowed returns.

Exchanges, yes, absolutely. If it is something like what happened to me with the purple dress I got that two people wanted to see it on me and both thought that it was too big and I exchanged it ten minutes after buying it, absolutely you can exchange under circumstances like that. Still I felt one employee seemed particularly displeased because she was the one that had told me it was not too big for me, the others agreed that the smaller size was perfect. I am just so used to a excellent customer service in the US and certain stores here too have amazing customer service, Burberry for one, if anything goes wrong they always take care of it, they know my name, treat me great every single time and to me it is very important that the whole shopping experience be pleasant and enjoyable. I do not only love what I am buying but I love the shopping itself too!

Will definitely take your advice Callie and give them another chance or more chances, who knows, you could be right that she was having a very bad day. I just know that no matter how bad I felt I would never show it to my customers but hey if I love their stuff, I may as well come to peace with this and try at least one more time. Thanks for the advice! I know that we are all humans.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ovi, I am glad you are feeling better today and I understand the shopping bug all too well. I am sorry you had that experience with the salesperson and Callie has a good point. She could have just been having an off day but I do think one needs to put personal problems to the side when at work but yes we are all fallible as we are human. But I understand how that could put a gloomy feeling on the day when someone treats you less than nice especially someone you know and have worked with in the past.

Callie, I love the boots I had altered. Totally worth the cost. They fit perfectly and look great. See if there is anyone you know who can recommend a good cobbler for you.

I think it is wise to wait till you find a bag you fall in love with (or anything else for that matter). It is one thing when you are buying an inexpensive item but with the high ticket items you are looking for best be in love before purchasing.

I ended up meeting my friends for lunch today and am glad I went. I really didn't feel like it as my big toe is hurting quite a bit and Victor isn't sure why but it is just another pain (literally and figuratively) I am dealing with and puts me in a down mood. However I really wanted to see my friend who is retiring and I also wanted to see another young lady with whom I am close and who has been visiting me at home.

So I went via cab and it was lovely. The restaurant they picked was vegan (for me because they know I prefer vegan food how nice is that) and the food was delicious. I will definitely be returning there with Greg. And they were so full of compliments on how I looked and walked and while I am sure a lot of that was just them being warm and kind it was nice to hear. Plus I know they were very happy I could join them and it is always nice to know people care about you. Of course half of the time they were complaining about our clinic chief but oh well. The other half was lovely haha. I felt sad it was over so quickly but truthfully I am exhausted (woke at 2:45/3AM and didn't get back to sleep) and glad to be home now and just sitting here with my legs up on the ottoman.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Missy, that's a nasty set of scars & purple foot!! :errrr:

Glad to hear you are slowly getting back on your feet. Take it easy, sweetheart :wavey:

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Missy, girl how are you today and how is PT, have you had a good night of sleep? Sorry that I hijacked your thread for the bag hunt for Callie. Callie and I will also have to find a cobbler together to fit the boots to our calves, I hate it that they are always too big.:))) Hope to talk later. Yeah these kitty shirts are so adorable, I want to have some made too! How is the animal family? Vinnie is screaming here hungry so better feed him.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Somehow our messages crossed and me I am very stupid at IT things and can never find how to use emoticons here. I wanted to wave to Missy! Sooo glad you went to the lunch and had a great time and great food! I am not happy that you are exhausted and could not sleep at night though. Can you perhaps take a nap with the kitties?

On a sidenote, never dared to alter boots, I might try sometime, it was recommended to me by high end brands but always thought they would be ruined. Now I may rethink that.

Well, I tried with my store again, although I am only going to Vienna Friday morning this week, I tried to order something from this store online and tell that I am picking it up Friday, we will see, they may think I am a difficult customer by now.:))) So, then I might just have to buy something as I hate being a pain.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results