shape
carat
color
clarity

Not your typical advertisement for Diamond Rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Read this in the Chicago Tribune this morning. I could not decide if it was funny or in bad taste. Probably both.

finger4.jpg

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Ha! I''ll have to pick up the Tribune today! I think it''s funny and does get you to notice it, plus it''s not the middle finger so you really can''t take offense.

9.gif

jellybean

Brilliant_Rock
I can''t remember who but someone recently posted pics of his fiance''s ring and she is doing the same gesture.

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s cute.
2.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
LOL...Totally in bad taste and that's why I love it. That's a riot!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When people are getting married, I think they are usually feeling romantic. If I were in a romantic mode, that ad would put me off. In fact, it puts me off now. As my husband says, I guess that's why they make vanilla and chocolate!

Thanks for posting it, Bertrand!

Deb

aphisiglovessae

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2005 10:45:33 AM
Author: jellybean
I can''t remember who but someone recently posted pics of his fiance''s ring and she is doing the same gesture.
Yeah, it was mrmedoes and here it is:

mrmedoes.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think it''s hilarious. At first you''re like, wait, what the....oh, haha, not the middle one. I guess the ''funny'' appeals to me more than say, a picture of a candlelit table with roses and a ringbox...all the companies have been there, done that! This ad clearly gets people talking...which is after all, the point of paying to place an ad!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Now I''d call that value added.

I''m with Josh and others. And I might go in for having read the ad.

Deb, I''m sympathetic, and in anothe mood, I might agree.

Regards,

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I think it''s very creative, definitely grabs attention.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think it is funny, kinda breaks the nervous tension that accompanies the ring buying process. And the wording next to it is cute.

stretch4

Ideal_Rock
Definitely makes you take a second glance at the ad to see exactly what finger is raised. At the very least, it was a very good advertising move.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, that cracked me up, thanks!!!!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I see that ad in a few St. Louis papers. It''s a "stock" ad. Curt Parker in St. Louis uses them. They are uproariously funny sometimes.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
It''s hilarious in a tacky sort of way. Not sure if it''s the best image of a fine jeweler, but it DOES get your attention!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results