shape
carat
color
clarity

No Personal Time needed, its a Sat USA game

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Finally, a game where I will not have to report myself to me for skipping work. Tough being the boss sometimes, you just can never pull the wool over the boss''s eyes.

So far my favorite three teams are all still in the hunt, USA, Brasil, and Chile. Chile would have done far better to have won yesterday rather than lose to Spain since now they must play Brasil in the knockout stage of the tournament. Bye bye Chile would be my guess.

Brasil''s game yesterday was a real let down in terms of excitement. It took me about five hours to watch the game as the phone kept ringing and I kept doing business while I was trying to play hookey. It took me abut two hours just to watch the last 15 minutes, but I was strong and did not let myself just hit the fast forward button to get it over with.

LOL! I will still have to watch USA on Tivo since my grandson''s 4th birthday party is at 11:30 so I will be there when the game starts at 12:30 our time. So I guess I do not qualify as rabid. I love the game enough to skip a few hours work when I know I am going to get caught, but no way I am skipping my grandson''s party. A man has to have priorities you know.

Hope you all have a good Saturday!

Wink

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I''m also hoping for USA and Brazil. After that, Spain (I think David Villa is a great player and I love that he played for Gijon. Gijon is one of my favorite places in the world. Hoping to buy a home there someday.) Sooo hoping USA wins today.. I''ll probably cry if we lose.

Didn''t see yesterday''s game between Brazil and Portugal but I also heard it was very, very, boring.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Probably best NOT to ask your family about it!

Wink

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Sim (did i say that right? lol). It''s ok, Sao Paulo is my second favorite place.
2.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
overtime!

Why do we always play like amateurs in the first half??!! Also, why can''t we hold onto the ball??!! what''s going on!!

And what''s up with Altidore?? omg, horrible!! he shouldn''t be allowed to play the next game if we win! Glad we brought in feilhabher. he''s a breath of fresh air, great playing.

ok, done venting!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I totally agree about Altidore, elle_chris. He did NOTHING all game! And why did they not start Feilhaber?! He''s such a strong player. (And incredibly hot as a bonus.)

Ugh, what a heartbreaker. I have to say, Ghana deserved the win. They outplayed us. (Unlike the last game where we outplayed Algeria but couldn''t make it happen until the 91st minute.)

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
we did get outplayed. and per usual, we couldn''t get the synergy going in the first half. each player seemed to dribble the ball for way too long before passing it. we looked lost. second half we played much better but at that point, it was too late even with our 1 goal.

my father whose a soccer fanatic says the usa will never win unless there''s much more interest (his team was, is and always will be brazil) in the game. even though this world cup seemed to drum up enough fans, i hope we continue to take the sport seriously long after the games are over.

diagem

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/26/2010 12:19:51 PM
Author: elle_chris
I''m also hoping for USA and Brazil. After that, Spain (I think David Villa is a great player and I love that he played for Gijon. Gijon is one of my favorite places in the world. Hoping to buy a home there someday.) Sooo hoping USA wins today.. I''ll probably cry if we lose.

Didn''t see yesterday''s game between Brazil and Portugal but I also heard it was very, very, boring.
They were booed off the field at the end of the ''boring'' game...

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 5:58:38 PM
we did get outplayed. and per usual, we couldn''t get the synergy going in the first half. each player seemed to dribble the ball for way too long before passing it. we looked lost. second half we played much better but at that point, it was too late even with our 1 goal.

my father whose a soccer fanatic says the usa will never win unless there''s much more interest (his team was, is and always will be brazil) in the game. even though this world cup seemed to drum up enough fans, i hope we continue to take the sport seriously long after the games are over.

Exactly-why can''t they get it together in the first half?! And I totally agree about them hanging onto the ball too long. Even Donovan did that and he (and others) got the ball taken away SO many times. Plus the pointless crosses to no one were killing me. And the US strikers and attacking midfielders were just waiting for the ball to come to them-they were getting beaten to the ball SO often in the box! It''s not like Ghana was just going to watch them score!

What a frustrating game. I think your dad is probably right, but I hope soccer continues to gain popularity in the US. I would also love to see MLS get a lot more competitive.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/26/2010 6:06:12 PM
Author: DiaGem

Date: 6/26/2010 12:19:51 PM

They were booed off the field at the end of the ''boring'' game...
Not surprised..

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
Thing-I agree with everything. I don''t think we could have lost the ball to Ghana more had we simply thrown it to them. I didn''t except us to win the World Cup, but I did expect the team to be more ready in this round.
Ahh well, time to to get out my brazili shirt!

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
SIGH!

I just now finished watchinng the game.

We sure looked good in the second half, right up until we scored that first goal, then we started playing scared again. I don''t get it...

I hate to admit it, but Ghana just played better than we did. I could have done without all the "look at me, I fell down and hurt myself" time wasting, it seems the referees are going to have to start carding the malingerers more to put a stop to it. At least two of them went down with no contact and managed to waste at least two minutes each.

Vai Brasil!

Wink

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My condolences, Wink! I just finished consoling my husband.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results