shape
carat
color
clarity

NO DOGS ALLOWED!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Orphaned kitties make the best pets. Humble and loving. I love them all.
12.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What cute kitties you had. I''m glad you (and your firend) found them. I''d hate to think if your friend had not seen them that day...

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I only just found this thread.
39.gif

Here's a recent photo, taken with a camera phone, of the 2 cats in the house begging for food.
20.gif

The fat one is my mum's and the cam-wh**e looking at the camera is mine.
25.gif

beggingcats.jpg

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
This is my baby when he first came to live with us.

newkitten.jpg

kittenPC.jpg

This is him sleeping on my side of the bed (again) in Dec/ Jan at approx 1yo, it's been 8mths since he's come to live with us.

cat53.jpg

He has a really beautiful face and expressive eyes, loves taking photos too.

I have 50+ photos in my camera phone of him!!
10.gif

cat43.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
What a great shot! Such beautiful, expressive eyes!!! I love all these cats. They just make me smile. I was thinking this thread would get ignored but I''m SO glad it''s doing so well. I hope we get more shots! I''ll have to take more soon too...

Rockchick

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/17/2005 6:34:50 PM
Author: gingerBcookie
ok i hope this is better! brief synposis if you don''t want to read the gigundo pic...found these abandoned kitties behind parked car, couldn''t bear to send to pound, learned how to be mama kitty - bottle fed, then weaned, litter training (insert me pinching my nose)....now found them happy home and currently fat little princesses.
36.gif
What a happy ending!
36.gif
YAY!!

Who would do something like that! I can''t believe people some times!
They look beautiful!

In fact, all the cats look great! Great pics!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just got this email from my best bud who is also a feline fanatic.

Cat on the Sack
Calling in sick to work makes me uncomfortable. No matter how legitimate my excuse, I always get the feeling that my boss thinks I''m lying. On one recent occasion, I had a valid
reason but lied anyway, because the truth was just too darned humiliating. I simply mentioned that I had sustained a head injury, and I hoped I would feel up to coming in the next day. By then, I reasoned, I could think up a doozey to explain the bandage on the top of my head.
The accident occurred mainly because I had given in to my wife''s wishes to adopt a cute little kitty. Initially, the new acquisition was no problem. Then one morning, I was taking my
shower after breakfast when I heard my wife, Deb, call out to me from the kitchen.

“Honey! The garbage disposal is dead again. Please come reset it.” "You know where the button is," I protested through the shower pitter-patter and steam. "Reset it yourself!"

”But I''m scared!” she persisted. "What if it starts going and sucks me in?" There was a meaningful pause and then, "C''mon, it''ll only take you a second." So out I came, dripping wet and buck naked, hoping that my silent outraged nudity would make a statement about how I perceived her behavior as extremely cowardly. Sighing loudly, I squatted down and stuck my head under the sink to find the button. It is the last action I remember performing.

It struck without warning, and without any respect to my circumstances. No, it wasn''t the hexed disposal, drawing me into its gnashing metal teeth. It was our new kitty, who
> >discovered the fascinating dangling objects she spied hanging between my legs. She had been poised around the corner and stalked me as I reached under the sink. And, at the precise moment when I was most vulnerable, she leapt at the toys I unwittingly offered and snagged them with her needle-like claws.

I lost all rational thought to control orderly bodily movements, blindly rising at a violent rate of speed, with the full weight of a kitten hanging from my masculine region. Wild animals are sometimes faced with a "fight or flight" syndrome. Men, in this predicament, choose only the "flight" option. I know this from experience. I was fleeing straight up into the air when the sink and cabinet bluntly and forcefully impeded my ascent. The impact knocked me out cold.

When I awoke, my wife and the paramedics stood over me. Now there are not many things in this life worse than finding oneself lying on the kitchen floor buck naked in front of a
> >group of "been-there, done-that" paramedics. Even worse, having been fully briefed by my wife, the paramedics were all snorting loudly as they tried to conduct their work, all the while trying to suppress their hysterical laughter--and not succeeding.

Somehow I lived through it all. A few days later I finally made it back in to the office, where colleagues tried to coax an explanation out of me about my head injury. I kept silent, claiming it was too painful to talk about, which it was.

”What''s the matter?" They all asked, "Cat got your tongue?"

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
OMG Matata- that poor SOB.
What a funny story. Geez

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Finally, new pics and uploadable to boot!

Missy
Missy.jpg

Missy2.jpg

DH says she has the face only a mother could love, but honestly she is the sweetest cat I''ve ever owned. And she loves him even if he says that about her. I catch him sneaking a pet to her every now and then.
12.gif

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
MMM says she cannot see the picture. Now all I see is a red X.
14.gif

I''m off to try again.
39.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Hehehehehe! I think she''s adorable! THAT is a face that says don''t mess with me!! It''s so funny that she''s a sweet cat....

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Here is KoKo in one of his more dramatic poses.
Picture003.jpg

I found KoKo in the middle of the street when he was about 8 weeks old. The car in front of me passed over him, and he hardly moved. I stopped, and when I got close to him, I could see that he was on his back and trying to turn over. He had a sprained back leg. I took him home and took him to the vet. The vet thinks someone probably threw him from a car and he sprained his leg when he landed. Poor thing! I have never had a cat before (I was always a dog person), but he has won me over. My 8 year old daughter had been asking for a cat for a year or so, and she got her wish! She would not stand to have him declawed, so he has all of his claws, but he is really good! I haven''t had any problems with him scratching things inappropriately.

Oh...my DH told us he was a girl, hence the feminine name KoKo. When I took him to the vet, we were suprised to find out KoKo was a boy! But my daughter liked the name so we kept it.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Silverlily.....I love that pic. Looks like he''s posing for a role in a Stephen King movie!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
The poor little guy!
7.gif
I''m so glad he has a good home with you. And you''re my kind of gal. I would live with shredded furniture b/f I basically amputated their fingers off (declawing)...My guys aren''t *too* bad :)

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Here is a better picture of KoKo (without the glowing eyes!):
KoKo.jpg

He really is a sweetie.

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Silverlily- I *literally* just yelped when I saw that picture of koko. I LOVE LOVE *LOVE* black cats. I want to get my hands on that soft belly!!! :) Such a pretty cat with a super healthy coat!!!! Sometimes I joke to my Vinny that he better watch it, he''d make a beautiful fur coat LOL (if I wore fur, that is).

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Thank you, moremoremore. I must say that your little one is gorgeous as well.

As I said before, KoKo is my first cat ever (and I am 35 years old!). I never knew what I was missing. He is an absolute joy, and makes me laugh more than my old Sheltie (don''t tell him that, though...he is still a sweetie too.) And I absolutely adore KoKo''s coat...I think black cats are the most beautiful ones around. I have always loved black-coated animals. My sheltie is not the typical sable and white lassie colored one...he is black and white (mostly black).

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
When I moved in with my bf in September, I "adopted" his cat -- a very cute orange and white tabby. I was never a cat person, but I love this little guy more than anything. My bf says I can only claim that he''s 30% mine so far... he''s very jealous of the relationship we''ve developed.

Although it will not happen since our building doesn''t accept dogs and we both work long hours, we''ve been talking for years about getting a sheltie. We both love them so much and they are so adorable as puppies. Could you post pictures of yours SilverLily? I need to see a little of that sweetness!

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
Oh...and speaking of his coat...
If you could have seen him when I found him. He had horrible ringworm and lost most of the fur on his face and paws. He also had worms, ear mites, and some other intestinal parasite. He was so scrawny and looked horrible. No healthy shiny coat at that time.

It took many trips to the vet and many weeks of daily treatments to cure the ringworm. I also had to bathe him twice per week with a special shampoo. Poor thing. But look at him now! It is hard to believe that was only 6 months ago when he looked so terrible.

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
I finally decided to sign Hammie up for Catster.
10.gif

SilverLily

Rough_Rock
ammayernyc: Here is a pic of my sheltie, Mason. As I said before, he is a black and white sheltie which you don''t really see as much. He is old (about 12 years old) and kind of overweight due to having arthritis. But he is a great dog. I highly recommend sheltie''s. They are so smart and easy to train. Mason does shed a lot, but daily brushing keeps it to a minimum.
Mason2.jpg

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks SilverLily -- I know you had to ''break the rules'' of the ''No Dogs Allowed'' board to show me a picture. Well worth it though... so cute!
As much as I love cats, I miss the wagging tail...
I used to have a dog (I had to give her to my aunt) who was too lazy to greet me at the door, but I could hear throughout the whole apartment her little tail banging against the couch in anticipation of my touches!
21.gif

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
GASP!!! A DOG!!!! WE"LL HAVE TO QUARANTINE HIM!!!! LOLOLOL...
You're lucky he's cute
9.gif

My one cat (Vinny) chirps like a girl when I get home and he runs around me wildly until I pick him up...or he bites me- that's the cat version of a wagging tail LOL

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Koko is adorable.
12.gif
Beautiful coat!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Look at this tough kitty (not mine)

punkcat.jpg

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2005 4
6.gif
3:32 PM
Author: sevens one
Look at this tough kitty (not mine)

punkcat.jpg
Whoa, he/she must be a rebellious teenager.
32.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
A friend found these 3 kittens near his house yesterday and called me at 2pm cos I was the only "cat" person he knows. By 10pm yesterday night, the mummy was nowhere in site and I had to do something, so I took them home to look after (foster).
12.gif
If I didn't take them, I would have spent the whole night crying about it anyways.
10.gif
They're about 2-3 weeks old; opened eyes, teething and pooing. They're really adorable and I just had to share after spending the past 10 hours looking after them throughout the night (its now 9.30am here)!
23.gif

3kittens.jpg

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Oh boy they are adorable!!! You did the right thing. That''s a tough call...b/c they are too young to be sep''d from mom...but can''t survive without her...Something probably happened to the poor thing- i NEVER let my cats outside...I would take them to a shelter! They can care for them and socialize them and fix them when they are old enough!!! You''re an angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
17.gif

tomatoe

Brilliant_Rock
MMM,
9.gif

I''m thinking either 1. abandonment by an irresponsible owner who didnt sterilize his/ her damn cat (they look like they''ve got siamese blood) or 2. the mummy got killed while looking for food. I''m leaning more towards 1. cos of the circumstances surrounding their situation. Left in an open area, with alot of human traffic. Mother not appearing for 6 hours. Not local "normal" domestic kittens. All 3 are boys. *shrug*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results