carat
color
clarity

No Bling for 6 Weeks Min..

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hi All,

Finally had my hand surgery yesterday. I've been dealing with a torn ligament for the last 9 months & the surgeon finally decided to fix it. So, although I'm a bit drowsy from pain medication I still am well aware that I can't wear any of my bling. ;( My fingers are too swollen & the surgeon applied my cast with the finness of a blind person! :angryfire: Its so thick I wont be able to wear my Submariner like I did with my other cast. The divers extension sure came in handy. Not this time though. And he was too impatient to wait 5 min. for someone to go get me a nice colour that he used what was in the OR room we were in...CAMO.. UGH... No offence to camo loving women, it's just not my thing. The guys in the OR thought it was cool...the women all looked at me with pitiful looks. I have a 3 yr old neice & a 5.5 yr old nephew that have a set of Sharpies & stickers. I told them they can decorate my arm as much as they like. :lol: :appl: I have a follow up in a week, maybe I'll get a new cast then...maybe a nice girly pink one this time. :cheeky: I miss my fancy nails too. :(sad

I wish I had an open bangle from Grace or Erica. LOL At least I would be able to get that one on. Hmmmm.... :Up_to_something: I better stop looking! This hand may cost me more than it should! 6 weeks isn't that long... is it? :errrr:

Camo20Cast-2015_zps18yyengm.jpg

Judy
:))

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry you had to through this. Sending positive thoughts for a quick recovery so you can enjoy your bling again.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you wear jewelry on your other hand, or perhaps a pendant or earrings?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my, I would be very annoyed with a camo cast also...it could have at least been purple or pink camo!

Magic mark some diamonds on it in some nice bright colors...hope it heals soon!

Resonance.Of.Life

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no, ***dust*** for a quick recovery!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks girls for the well wishes. I tried putting my jewelry on my right hand/wrist but the stuff didnt fit. I'm swollen on that side too. I might have to go outside & stick my hand in the snow to shrink it. :lol: It might work! 8-) Funny, sarcastic funny not har har funny, that now when I was ready to go full steam ahead with a couple new projects, I have to cool my jets. Then again, I wont have to pester any of the vendors to rush anything. There it is, my silver lining. I have to chill. Now, off to make a hot cup of tea, Aspen Punch from David's Tea. =) Its either tea or a bottle of wine. I better stick with tea since I'm taking Percocet for pain. :rodent:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending lots of dust for a very speedy recovery! Hopefully the right hand will go down so you can at least wear your jewelry. And, I know it's not the most important thing in the grand scheme of things, but seriously, I can't believe he couldn't spare a few minutes to get you a nicer color than that!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse: don't ya think its time for your entrepreneurial endeavor -- jewelry cast enhancers? Like blingy wraparound bracelets? DBTY for casts and such? You could call it "Cast Away" or "Cast Magic" or "Spellcast" - you know, some catchy and cutesy name...

Hope you heal quickly and painlessly.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OUCH :!: Sending lots of dust for a speedy recovery.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending healing PS ***DUST*** your way for a full and speedy recovery. Think how much sweeter it will be when you can finally wear your bling!

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I'll bet you'll enjoy the baubles all the more once you're healed!
Speedy recovery!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. Hope your recovery time goes by quickly and easily!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cammo??? Seriously??? Where are you? Green Bay?

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy camo! Really? The surgeon couldn't wait a couple of minutes? Arsehole. Like it's not bad enough that you're in pain with restricted movements and he adds to that helpless, drugged post-surgery feeling but putting a nice attention getting camo on your arm. Get well soon!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Camo? The nurses need to take that out of the room.

I hope you hand heals well.

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You sure have a lot of courage and also kept your sense of humor, that is great news! Positive thinking will get you on the road of recovery faster. Yes, this may also get you on a bling binging trip. :lol: Otherwise, yes decorate your other arm and hand and/or wear earrings and a pendant perhaps. Hard times for sure, that cast is really something else. At least the kids will certainly have a lot of fun with it. I hear you on the fancy nails but I think your nails and hand are still beautiful without. Healing dust sent your way and keep up the high spirits though perhaps not with a bottle of wine right now.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Ouch - healing thoughts your way!

Could you double wrap a necklace around that cast to wear as a bracelet? Some nice pearls would be nice (but do apologize to them for the camo background!). Or have someone knot the right length for your wrist in the cast. In 6 weeks, you can restring the rest of the pearls for a bracelet. Of course, an amazing diamond clasp would not be out of place.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How did your follow up appointment go? Did you get a new cast?

Continuing to send dust and positive thoughts your way so that you can enjoy your bling again.

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks gals..means a lot & I love the humour. :)) I'm sort of getting used to being without jewelry on. :-o I'll come to my senses soon enough. LOL

My neice & nephew went to town on the camo cast & I looked like I had a fight with a Disney store. LOL I did end up getting that Camo cast removed & a sleek, under the radar black one applied. :sun: There was an older lady sitting beside me in the cast room. She had a bright orange one on. When the tech asked me what colour I wanted I emphatically said...BLACK. hahaha The poor woman gave me this OH NO kind of look. She said she had no idea that black was an available colour. I asked her how she ended up with neon orange & said that the cast tech just mentioned orange, green, pink & purple. I gave her a tutorial on how to stretch it out so she can come get a new one. LMAO Black is an awesome colour, no one can see it if you wear black long sleeved clothes. Plus, is always a bit of a chuckle when people think you have 2 hands & realize 1 of them in not like the other. haha The nurse in the dept just shook her head laughing behind the chart. She's known me now 10mths. What a laugh.

I know Cheryl..this is absolutely infantile compared to what pain & struggle you're going. I hope the silly story gave you a bit of a chuckle, keep smiling. :))

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse, hand surgery hurts a LOT because there are so many nerves there. I had a ganglion cyst removed from my left index finger and was in PT for weeks. Don't minimize the pain that you are enduring right now, if not severe or moderate you would be taking Tylenol instead of percocet. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Hope you are on the mend.

Because of the stinkin currency exchange, we'll have to keep a running discussion about the best Estate places in Canada. Where do you suggest for TO? I have been goggling "Tiffany Estate in Canada" and came up with a few places local to you.

Do you buy Estate? What an you suggest?

cheers--Sharon

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Cheryl... Thank you for your kudos. =)

Sharon, I've never bought estate here. Ironically, I've never bought any estate until recently & they were purchased from the U.S. I know our dollar sucks ping pong balls! I scroll through the Canadian stores on Ruby Lane but I find their prices still higher than those south of the border, even with the exchange. I know the Jewelry Exchange is near my work & often I'll pop in there to see what they have but never look at loose diamonds, just the gold hoops, or simple pieces. I've been reading the financial reports & have become a hostage checking rates every day hoping for a reprieve but none seems to be coming anytime soon. The reports emphasize the dollar will continue to plummet. Either I jump now on something or I might not get anything at all. I've got the itch. :-o A catch-22 thats for sure. I lived in NC for 7 yrs & even with the dollar being low in the 90's, I used to drag an awful lot of things back home because was just too pricey or more importantly, unattainable here either through minimal selection or the brand just not being available. I'm lousy at giving advice as to where to shop locally because I seldom do buy anything here. :(( What I can advise is how long the driving time from Toronto to Fort Erie bridge, across to highway 33 , exiting on Cayuga Rd to either the UPS or Fed.Ex station with a stop off at the USPS building behind Walden Galleria, back to the border at Fort Erie, & straight to Toronto will take. :lol: If you are coming to Toronto, & have 5 hrs to spare, I can help you. :loopy: Good luck on buying here. :))

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I missed this before, but I am glad you were able to replace the camo with black! :lol: Hope you your hand will be as good as new very soon!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse|1426825714|3849893 said:
Cheryl... Thank you for your kudos. =)

Sharon, I've never bought estate here. Ironically, I've never bought any estate until recently & they were purchased from the U.S. I know our dollar sucks ping pong balls! I scroll through the Canadian stores on Ruby Lane but I find their prices still higher than those south of the border, even with the exchange. I know the Jewelry Exchange is near my work & often I'll pop in there to see what they have but never look at loose diamonds, just the gold hoops, or simple pieces. I've been reading the financial reports & have become a hostage checking rates every day hoping for a reprieve but none seems to be coming anytime soon. The reports emphasize the dollar will continue to plummet. Either I jump now on something or I might not get anything at all. I've got the itch. :-o A catch-22 thats for sure. I lived in NC for 7 yrs & even with the dollar being low in the 90's, I used to drag an awful lot of things back home because was just too pricey or more importantly, unattainable here either through minimal selection or the brand just not being available. I'm lousy at giving advice as to where to shop locally because I seldom do buy anything here. :(( What I can advise is how long the driving time from Toronto to Fort Erie bridge, across to highway 33 , exiting on Cayuga Rd to either the UPS or Fed.Ex station with a stop off at the USPS building behind Walden Galleria, back to the border at Fort Erie, & straight to Toronto will take. :lol: If you are coming to Toronto, & have 5 hrs to spare, I can help you. :loopy: Good luck on buying here. :))

HI:

Thanks for the chat. I've looked at a few places that are in TO with a website--but prices are close to full retail or no documents. You know the drill. I did look at Bill Le Bouf's (sp) site, but no ""signed" pieces. Anyway, there is a place I go to locally with good items; just nice to have a variety!

cheers--Sharon.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ccuheartnurse,

Was wondering how your recovery has been going.
Are you enjoying your bling again?

A big cyber hug to you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results