shape
carat
color
clarity

Next Time You're Complaining About SPIDERS . . .

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Next time you think you have spider problems, think of me.

I found this guy in my office this morning. :shock:

I'm too scared to go after him, so I'm just going to call him Sydney. :bigsmile:

He hasn't moved an inch all day. Thank God . . . :-o

spider.jpeg

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, I'm gonna have to see a pic before I pass judgement :))

Home office perchance? Put a glass over Sydvicious, put a post-it note on glass and wait for significant other to deal with the sitch.

Next?

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Okay, just saw the pic (wasn't there for me before).

Forget everything I just said, and aaaaaahhhhhhhhhkkkkkkk.

Don't take your eyes off that bad boy.

You win.

Hands down.

:-o

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Is that a huntsman?

Where in tarnation do you live iLander?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I hear they are very nutritious

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Holy God. I would have the RAID out so fast you'd think I was superhuman.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ewwwwww. The ONLY thing that sends me screaming out the door faster than spiders is a centipede :knockout:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, I'm 'live and let live' until some nasty bitey thing invades my home. Napalm is required for that wee beastie.

_13927.jpg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1390328677|3597781 said:

I'm too scared to go after him, so I'm just going to call him Sydney. :bigsmile:

I killed one at least that big in my cellar a month or two ago. I couldn't live with it sitting in the room with me, though, iLander. I am phobic in the extreme. In fact, the spider I killed was so enormous, that I never even removed its corpse from under the piece of cardboard with which I gave it the coup de grace. I don't want to hurt any living thing. I try to remove insects from my house without killing them. But I cannot do that with spiders. The best I can do is to try to make sure I give them an instant death.

Deb/AGBF

iLander

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1390330161|3597808 said:

I killed one at least that big in my cellar a month or two ago. I couldn't live with it sitting in the room with me, though, iLander. I am phobic in the extreme. In fact, the spider I killed was so enormous, that I never even removed its corpse from under the piece of cardboard with which I gave it the coup de grace. I don't want to hurt any living thing. I try to remove insects from my house without killing them. But I cannot do that with spiders. The best I can do is to try to make sure I give them an instant death.

Deb/AGBF

Yeah, but this is the kind that jumps . . . I'd rather it just sit there . . . :???:

vintagelover229

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Elliot86 said:
Ewwwwww. The ONLY thing that sends me screaming out the door faster than spiders is a centipede :knockout:

I thought I hated spiders. Then I moved to Ontario in with my husband (then bf) in his apt (we've since moved). We lived on the first floor of an old army hospital that was now apartments. I saw a cenitpede (nothing like I have ever called) and I freaked out. Not only are the super fast-way to fast to risk killing-but they make spiders look like fluffy kitty cats.

My husband would come home to a cup upside down (to trap them under) and he'd have to clean it up. I say clean it up bc I would take kitchen or bathroom cleaner and spray the crap out of it under a small part of the cup-and move the cup over the chemicals. I assume they died from that-I'll never know bc I never cleaned them up.

q223852_312186_house_centipede.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy sh!t... :errrr:

iLander, what if you leave the room and come back and Sydney is gone...??? THAT would freak me out so badly I would just have to move.

Is there anyone you can call?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
vintagelover229|1390330489|3597815 said:
Elliot86 said:

I thought I hated spiders. Then I moved to Ontario in with my husband (then bf) in his apt (we've since moved). We lived on the first floor of an old army hospital that was now apartments. I saw a cenitpede (nothing like I have ever called) and I freaked out. Not only are the super fast-way to fast to risk killing-but they make spiders look like fluffy kitty cats.

My husband would come home to a cup upside down (to trap them under) and he'd have to clean it up. I say clean it up bc I would take kitchen or bathroom cleaner and spray the crap out of it under a small part of the cup-and move the cup over the chemicals. I assume they died from that-I'll never know bc I never cleaned them up.

_13928.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a nasty one Ilander! I would get someone with a vacuum to come in and vacuum him up and take him away. I wouldn't be able to tear my eyes away from the thing. What if it moves? Yikes.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Um, there's no way I'd be sleeping with that thing loose in my house! I'd be at a hotel!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1390330473|3597814 said:
AGBF|1390330161|3597808 said:

Deb/AGBF

Yeah, but this is the kind that jumps . . . I'd rather it just sit there . . . :???:

No way I could live with it. I think I might get everything on the floor that it might possibly escape under out of the room-everything, including heavy furniture-then arm myself with a broom and a can of spray and shut the door to the room. I'd spray from a distance to slow him down, then whack him firmly and hard with the broom from a distance.

Deb

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We'll have to nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
The kind that jump?! No thank you! I would just sit there and call for back up!!!

When we were stationed down in AL, I opened the front door to find this beauty. It was the size of a half dollar. Yuck.

uploadfromtaptalk1390337437566.jpg

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
GAH my eyes my eyes!!!! I would just cry.

We have never had a big spider problem..I mean big as in size. Lots of spiders in the house, but not so much huge ones, until last year. Two of them w/in days of each other, in the same spot. HUGE. And not the overly dramatic huge, I'm talking HUUUUUGE like full on wasp spray and it's walking out of it like it's nothing. That was the second one...I called my husband on duty and he wouldn't come home. Jerk. I should've just called 911 and made him come. The first one was later at night and I called my aunt bawling, so she came down. I could only find Easy-Off oven cleaner to spray it w/but she took her shoe off and smacked it. She's not scared of them and even she was like oooo yeah that's pretty big! Nasty.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot fathom taking a picture of a spider.

First, I need to focus on killing it. If I can fool around with a camera, it could get away.

Second, why would I ever want to look at a photo of a spider?

That is my take on them. Because I truly cannot abide them. (If you had any doubts left.) Those of you who can photograph them do not have my level of phobia. As kenny says, "people vary".

Deb

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
My goodness...

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
We found this guy while vacationing at my grandparents cottage this summer....ewwww!

wolfspider.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1390341647|3597952 said:
I cannot fathom taking a picture of a spider.

First, I need to focus on killing it. If I can fool around with a camera, it could get away.

Second, why would I ever want to look at a photo of a spider?

That is my take on them. Because I truly cannot abide them. (If you had any doubts left.) Those of you who can photograph them do not have my level of phobia. As kenny says, "people vary".

Deb

:lol: I completely agree AGBF! DH took this photo while I was safely (I think) inside! No way would I have been able to stand long enough to focus and take a photo! Which may be why he ended up with these.....

spiderbites.jpg

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
Christina...|1390343216|3597972 said:
We found this guy while vacationing at my grandparents cottage this summer....ewwww!

i think i just peed my pants a little - i'd leave....no way i could stay with THAT thing

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My first 3 tents for camping did not have sawn-in-groundsheet (SIG) or zipped-in ones (ZIG), and I kept finding creepy crawlies inside my tent, including spiders, and I gradually grew more tolerant of them.

My current tent has a ZIG and a big spider still managed to get into the tent, probably when the tent door was opened while I was cooking in the front of the tent, and hid behind my tent organiser. Gave me a fright when I saw it at eye level while striking camp, as it was not small!

I let it go though by catching it with a doggy poo-bag covered hand, as it meant no harm.

DK :))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
dk168|1390346492|3598016 said:
My first 3 tents for camping did not have sawn-in-groundsheet (SIG) or zipped-in ones (ZIG), and I kept finding creepy crawlies inside my tent, including spiders, and I gradually grew more tolerant of them.

My current tent has a ZIG and a big spider still managed to get into the tent, probably when the tent door was opened while I was cooking in the front of the tent, and hid behind my tent organiser. Gave me a fright when I saw it at eye level while striking camp, as it was not small!

I let it go though by catching it with a doggy poo-bag covered hand, as it meant no harm.

DK :))

THAT is exactly what DH told me...THEN I saw his back! I think our particular spider wanted lunch! :-o :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1390339821|3597920 said:
WHY did I click that.

My feeling exactly. OMG I am gonna have nightmares tonight. :errrr:

yennyfire|1390332440|3597839 said:
Um, there's no way I'd be sleeping with that thing loose in my house! I'd be at a hotel!

Me too!

Hope you are OK iLander-let us know that the "thing" didn't get you!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results