shape
carat
color
clarity

New Years Resolutions

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Does anybody make them? I always end up forgetting after a week or two, haha. But this year that won''t happen...I graduate from college in May, so resolution #1 is to get a decent job.

So, folks, what are you resolving to do next year?

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I keep lists of thing I want to accomplish year round, but I go through them and prioritize on New Year''s, so I guess I do make resolutions. Mine are usually always centered on learning new skills or experiencing new things, and the lists are the best motivation to get off my arse and DO something!

My resolutions:

- Take the tango lessons FI and I have been talking about since he came back from a trip to Argentina two years ago.
- Take another pottery class. My first go-around was a disaster!
- Plan our wedding. (I need some serious motivation to do this.)
- Draw more.
- Practice calligraphy regularly.
- Write more letters to friends and family.
- Learn to cook. Anything.
- Take my dogs to the doggy park more often.

There are so many more, but here''s a good start!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
I have 3 main wishes for 2008:

1. For DH an I to both be happy & healthy.
2. To have started building our house and move in by Christmas.
3. To get my apprenticeship. [Pretty pretty please
39.gif
]

I am wishing and hoping for these.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh I break them every year but this year I''m determined!

1) Get my ass in gear and lose the rest of my weight. I''ve lost a 21lbs and want to lose another 21lb.
2) Take swing dancing lessons with D.
3) Try and do more for my parents.
4) Try and be tidier-I can be so messy.
5) Take that cookery course with my mother.
6) Take up roller blading.
7) Study right from the beginning of the next semester.
8) Save more money.

CrookedRock

Brilliant_Rock
1) Get back into kick a*s shape... Lose 10 lbs (I think everyone says they will lose weight...lol)
2) Eat better. No carbs at night.
3) Be happy at my new job.
4) Try to be patient in waiting for a proposal (hopefully next month...I think I can do that)
5) Save more money...another common one...lol

Happy New Years!

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
1. Stop eating chocolate
2. Stop eating chocolate
3. Stop eating chocolate

9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
This year my resolutions are:

1) only drink beer on Fri and Sat nights
3.gif
lol
2) meditate 2 times per week
3) spend less time on the computer and use that time to organize house and read more. My house is a bit messy! lol I read about 1 hour a day, but would like to make that more around 1.5 hours. It's hard with kids, though. . .

That is it. There are so many more things I'd love to get in order about my life, but I don't want to pressure myself and try and make life perfect when that is basically impossible.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want to feel better.

I want to lose the weight I have gained, I feel bloated and horrible and know it is health related, so I would like to get to the bottom of things with my health.

I want to not get overwhelmed with some of the stuff in my life. I have a pretty full plate this coming year and I want to just have some sense of balance and calm about it all.

Happy and healthy NY to all of you, please have fun but be safe!!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nah...I don''t make NY''s resolutions, never have, probably never will. I''m better at making smaller goals throughout the year and attaining those, so I guess I don''t see the need for a few big ones I might not be able to achieve every year...if that makes sense. Then...I''m not a morning person either, if that tells you anything...LOL. If I get up on time without hitting snooze three times I''m good.
9.gif
11.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
WAIT! Oh, I do have a NY resolution: to make 10k quality posts here on PS this year..duh! *smacks forehead*
9.gif
I knew I was forgetting something.
9.gif

Po10472

Brilliant_Rock
1). Lose weight to feel healthier and happier
2). Finish my masters
3). Be happier at work or find a new job
4). Try for a baby this time next year
5). Drive to Switzerland in the summer

I think they are all achievable. I have alway set myself goals which I know I will never achieve so my main new years resolution is to make my goals achievable!!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) For my own sake (and the sake of my Calisthenics teammates!!) I really need to improve my flexibility this year... aiming to do a walk-over AND both leg splits, not just left!!
9.gif

2) Get stuck into the outdoors aspect of our new house, anything would be an improvement on the barren wasteland that it is today
37.gif

3) Enjoy my first year as a ''wife'' and not a ''fiancee'', yippee!!!!
36.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No resolutions as such, just goals. I give myself goals at the beginning of each season and update them every 3-4 months.

My current goals:
pass my driving test - should happen within the next 2 months!!
get into better shape - no weight loss goal as such because muscle weighs more than fat and I have a gymnast''s thighs and bum
save a certain amount of money - this is always a goal
pass my citizenship test - has to be done by May

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Hmmm, I hadn''t really thought about it too much yet but let''s see:

1. Continue my healthy eating and exercise routine. Lose the last 10 pounds by the summer.

2. Start trying for baby #2 in the summer after I finish losing weight.

3. Get our office/files organized. I organized all the closets, but I haven''t faced the office yet. I like to keep everything "just in case", so I need to go through and shred lots and lots of documents. Ugh.

4. Find a church that the whole family likes....haven''t found one that has the feel to it that our old one did before we moved.

5. Decide what I am going to do career-wise when Andrew starts preschool in the fall....possibly look into graduate schools to finish up my master''s degree.

6. Save up money in our travel fund for an awesome ski trip at the end of 08. Andrew doesn''t know what snow looks like after living in South Florida!

Thats all I can really think of right now.

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Well, since I am getting married in 2008 my NYR is.....

1) Exercise at our gym every other day (for at least 30 mins)

2) Not eat at ANY fast food place...regardless of what I would eat!

3) Attend Mass at least once a month....

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So funny - my DH and I were just talking about this. I''m feeling ambitious for the coming year, so here goes:

1. finish my PhD (well technically I want to finish before my 27th b-day, so that gives me a little leeway until March ''09, but the sooner the better)

2. lose the last of the weight - I''m happy because I''m approximately 40-45 lbs down from where I was last year at this time, but I''ve been here since August or so, and I''d really like to lose another 10-15 lbs and then let it go, and be in maintenance/fine tuning mode rather than weight loss mode.

3. pass the California patent bar - I know this one will be tough on my own, but I have a friend who did it and I think it will help a lot in my job search after I finish my degree.

4. run at least one race, of any length (I''ll probably start with a 5K, but hopefully I can scale up from there, knee injury permitting)

OK, so now that its all written down I guess I need to hold myself accountable for all that. ACK!!
23.gif
23.gif
32.gif

sumbride

Ideal_Rock
I''m not really into resolutions but I have a couple of things that I guess would count...

1) get a new job... I''m ready for a new one

2) recycle... which will be easier now that our city finally switched to a single-stream method instead of 2nd and 4th Mondays for cans/bottles vs. 1st and 3rd Fridays for paper. Now it''s 2nd and 4th Fridays for EVERYTHING in one big bucket. I''ve already started.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well I don''t always make New Year''s Resolutions, but I have some this year so I''ll post them here in hopes that I will actually try to achieve them since I posted them publicly!

1. Finish school, and hopefully get all A''s again next semester.
2. Spend less money on clothes and eating out.
3. Eat healthier and add at least 1 more day of exercise a week and maybe 2 more days...I do soccer twice a week but I''d like to work out more than that.
4. Build up a good-sized savings account.
5. Keep my house clean! I''m especially terrible about putting away clothes and shoes after I try them on or wear them.

I think those are all of them...hopefully I can make them all happen!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results