shape
carat
color
clarity

New Windows...FINALLY

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
We just signed on the dotted line for the windows for this crapshack that we've been waiting and putting off for over 10 years. Every year we were like "we can do the windows this year" and every year something came up, a few floods, the new system in the basement, refinishing, my car, etc. It's just been a long time coming and we can't wait. They are made to order and we won't have them for 4-6 weeks but the company impressed us and I know so many people happy with them. But the biggest thing was that they work with the existing nearly 100 year old original hardwood windows, so they're basically pocketing in the new ones and I am SO happy about it.

:dance: :dance: :dance:

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooooh, congratulations!!! New windows are costly, I'm wincing to get ours replaced. Good going!!! :appl:

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So excited for you Ame! I have never done a whole house but we did all the front windows of one house we lived in and it made such a difference! It gives your house a nice little makeover! Who doesn't like that!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! We redid our living room windows the first year I lived with my husband and it really made a difference. Waiting a few weeks is nothing to get the right product.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
This house is just old and sucks energy. I remember our first Winter. We didn't have any curtains up in any room (actually save for the bedroom we still dont...) and the wind and cold were leaking in the window and blowing right on DHs bald head. We ended up using my spare pillow to make a head protector til I could get plastic wrap up. We've had plastic wrap on our windows--the SAME plastic wrap--for 12 years. HAHAHA.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats! I know sometimes its hard to get excited about buying things that we really need...like new drain fields, pool pumps,
etc. Glad to see you are excited about the windows!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations ame!! YOu are gonna love the new windows. They make the hugest difference, sound, energy conservation, insulation from wind, rain and everything else. Can't wait till they are installed. Tell us what you think when they are in!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results