shape
carat
color
clarity

New Honda CR-V in my wife's future

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Resa and I spent a couple of hours at our favorite Honda dealer this morning to sign the paper work on her new red Honda CR-V that will arrive Wednesday or Thursday of next week.

It has been 17 years since we bought her last Honda, and in spite of the fact that it still runs great she wanted something new. I guess everything gets old after a while, which explains that darn Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome (DSS) that I keep hearing about. Personally I love DSS and think it should become a requirement, but my favorite Honda Dealer has been trying to convince me that I should pay more attention to the mysterious, to me, New Car Syndrome (NCS).

Still, it worked out okay for me. NCS once every 17 years is not too bad. Besides, his wife goes through DSS much more often than that.

Wink

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
New cars are always exciting.
Congrats to Resa :appl:

DSS? What's that? :lol:

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
cflutist|1424555105|3836124 said:
New cars are always exciting.
Congrats to Resa :appl:

DSS? What's that? :lol:

LOL! I was going to explain it, but then I realized who I was talking to.

Wink

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

How exciting!

We looked at Honda's, Fords, Toyota's, and Acura's today. Wish we knew what we wanted!

cheers--Sharon

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
canuk-gal|1424565302|3836200 said:
HI:

How exciting!

We looked at Honda's, Fords, Toyota's, and Acura's today. Wish we knew what we wanted!

cheers--Sharon

Drive them all and you will be struck by one or the other as "the one for you." Resa did her research on line, but once we drove the Honda CR-V, there was nothing else she wanted.

Thanks fo ryour comment PattyCo, the "Basque Red Pearl is a darkish red color that is really pretty. It was just what Resa wanted.

Wink

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
congrats to Mrs Wink!

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I tow my 16 foot fibreglass trailerboat with my Honda CRV, they're a fantastic car! For a guy like me who mostly travels into the city for work and then goes fishing or has band gigs on the weekends, it literally does everything I need it to do.

The only reason I will be upgrading in the future is because I could use a little more horespower for towing the boat long distances. But in all fairness to the CRV I originally bought it for a much smaller boat and it still does the job.

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
jordyonbass|1424643093|3836593 said:
I tow my 16 foot fibreglass trailerboat with my Honda CRV, they're a fantastic car! For a guy like me who mostly travels into the city for work and then goes fishing or has band gigs on the weekends, it literally does everything I need it to do.

The only reason I will be upgrading in the future is because I could use a little more horespower for towing the boat long distances. But in all fairness to the CRV I originally bought it for a much smaller boat and it still does the job.

That is really good to know. Sounds like I can travel with my wife in comfort, and still take my toys for hunting and fishing instead of making her right in my pickem up truck...

Wink

WinkHPD

Ideal_Rock
Trade
YESSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you.

Sad thing is, it is scheduled to arrive on Thursday and I am scheduled to be on a Jet Plane on Thursday on my way to a conference in San Diego. I will not be with her when she receives it.

I will get a picture of her in it when I come back to share with all of you.

As you all know, when mama is happy, LIFE IS GOOD!

Wink

PattyCo

Brilliant_Rock
Oh man! What a bummer. Hopefully she will forgive you and pick you up from the airport when you return :angel: ...

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
17 years is a nice long time with a car!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on a your wife's new car! I drive a Honda. 9 years old. I was thinking about driving it for 10 years but who knows???
My DH would rather upgrade my car than my engagement ring ;( !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results