shape
carat
color
clarity

New gizmo coming for my iPhone to take macro pics:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a lot of issues with my iPhone4s(es) because of buying my replacement iPhone4 on my friend's account and then sending it to her without shutting off the phone/sim card first (lesson learned!) Something was jacked up somewhere with my ATT stuff and my SIMs were frying phone after phone (I've had 6 iPhone4ses!!!) So since it took over 2 months to get all the enginers working together on both Apple and ATT to find the issue and hopefully finally fix it, Apple is sending me an accessory up to $100 and gave me some time to select what I wanted. After initially thinking I just was going to get a couple cases as backup, I started actually looking at what all they had. I ended up settling on this:

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H7758LL/A?fnode=MTY1NDA0NA

Its a little lens thing you slide on the phone camera and it lets you take macro, wide angle and fisheye pics. I can see this Macro one being QUITE appealing for diamond photos. I don't have it yet so Ill have to see how it goes when I get it and report back.

I almost bought the PhotoJojo stuff about a month ago, but they're always out of the stuff I want.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is really cool Ame! I can't wait to see what you think of it b/c it would make a great gift for one of my family members. I might want one at some point too.

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Very cool!! I was googling around looking for reviews, but wasn't able to find a whole lot. Will be interested to hear what you think of it.

Please post a review here once you get it! I love my iphone4s and would looooove this accessory if it works! I've had pretty good luck with holding a loupe up to the lens but this looks soooo much easier :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am kind of psyched. I was hoping the PhotoJojo folks would replenish the other stuff, but this will be sufficient for now. They said you can get like 1cm away from the subject with that macro lens. So this could be VERY interesting.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Holy crap!! The sample pictures on engadget were AMAZING!! You could see the little "hairs" on the grass! Crazy!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know! I can't wait til it gets here!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
So this cool little thing showed up today. Here's a few pics I got with it using Macro, as are the ones I just put up in my white flag thread in RT:

*that's really my eye and Im sorry if i make anyone cringe seeing it that close! And my ring has gunk on it, I didn't even bother to wipe it off, I wanted to get sunlight.

AmeEyeMACRO.jpg

weedinyardmacro.jpg

amebluefacets.jpg

amebluefire.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And with the wide angle, I did not mess with fisheye.

OMG I NEED EYE CREAM. Yikes.

AmeEyeWideAngle.jpg

myconversewideangle.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Boy does it bring out skin flaws tho! haha! I was opening the pics to resize them and just kept going OMG! OH MAN! WOW! And then I got to my eye and I was screaming for DH to come look. He was like "nice pic. But I told you you had neat eyes, clearly you need a pic for proof!"

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Wow. I did not expect that to work so well! I just added that to my wishlist (literally). Your pictures are incredible! And you have beautiful eyes.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you!!! I was SHOCKED at how clear they were. Now your "field" of clarity isn't big, and you have to literally get ON TOP OF your subject but the detail it picks up..blew me away. The fuzzies on that little weed thing in the grass were just mindboggling. And then how bloodshot my eyes are by the end of the day and the little intricacies of the iris in the eye...that was neat.

I have not seen it in the Apple store, only on their site. I will look next time I am near an Apple store just to make sure it isn't new in there.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Someone asked me for a series of the same thing with different lenses/whatever.

So here they are. First is my shoes (no macro here):

This is just the native camera, no zooming.

shoesnormalcameranozoom.jpg

shoeswideangle.jpg

shoeswithfisheye.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here's my hand.
Again, native camera, no zooming.

Macro:

handnormalcameranozoom.jpg

handmacro1.jpg

handmacro2.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Stone is only slightly less gross.

wide angle:

Fisheye:

handwideangle.jpg

handwideangle2.jpg

handfisheye.jpg

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very neat!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ohhh good you saw! This is about the closest thing Ill get to the lens reversal lol

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is that your eye?
You have beautiful Fancy Intense Bluish Green eyes . . . natural or irradiated?
But there is a large black round inclusion right in the middle of the table. :lol:

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol it is my eye, and thank you. despite that horrible I2 inclusion right in the middle of the thing, it's nice ;-)

manderz

Brilliant_Rock
Hahaha, you guys are too funny!! This is really cool, AME! I'm thinking it may be time to sell my regular digital camera, and go with this instead! Thanks for sharing your pics. How would you rate this on ease of use?

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
SUPER easy. you just slide it on and whatever camera app you use you start clickin' away!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think the PhotoJojo stuff is supposed to be "universal" for phones, where this is pretty much built for the iPhone4/4s.

I think I'm really going to get one. I use my iP4s all of the time. I LOVE the camera.

iP5 needs a better front facing camera now!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh gosh, that looks amazing! I am definitely getting one of these - my iphone is all I ever use to take pictures these days!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree. I RARELY use it but having a nicer one might convince me to! I can't wait to see if they make the iPhone5 camera on the back even better than this.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
WHOA BABY!!! That is one COOL toy!!! Only available on line? not in the stores?? and you got it for FREE?? Ame - you are lucky! I think I'd spend the day just taking crazy cool shots all day long :bigsmile:

How about starting a MACRO thread of all of your gems?? I know I'd love to see everything you have - up close and personal! :appl: :appl: :appl:

Please please please with sugar on top?? :halo: :praise: :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results