shape
carat
color
clarity

New Floors, yahoooo!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not exciting like the Tiffany Bathroom thread. But, after 2 yrs of angst over what to use to replace wood laminate, I decided on luxury vinyl plank. I needed something waterproof, Savannah cat proof, and husband proof. Really wish we could have hardwood, but our lifestyle (I live with slobs) just wouldn't permit it.

Installation started Tuesday and hopefully will be done tomorrow although I'm not placing a bet on that. Went with a product called Core Tech. Thought I would get Mannington at first but Core Tech is better made and surprisingly realistic. I keep running my fingers over knots and cracks because I forget it's fake.

living_room_new.jpg

dining_room_new.jpg

kitchen_new_partial.jpg

kitchen_old.jpg

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who cares what floor you have when you have that stovetop :love: And your dining table! I have one similar. You have great taste ;-)

But it looks great! I love the grain-ey look.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice! :appl:

But I must admit was disappointed in this photo shoot....since last time you had pictures of your kitchen, there were cats in the cupboards.... :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1430409728|3870100 said:
HI:
But I must admit was disappointed in this photo shoot....since last time you had pictures of your kitchen, there were cats in the cupboards.... :cheeky:

cheers--Sharon

Did you notice the high-tech state of the art cat-in-the-cabinet deterrents? Elastic pony tail thingies. I originally had child-proof locks that went over the knobs but they also turned out to be adult-proof and I had to cut them off :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Matata|1430410612|3870112 said:
canuk-gal|1430409728|3870100 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Did you notice the high-tech state of the art cat-in-the-cabinet deterrents? Elastic pony tail thingies. I originally had child-proof locks that went over the knobs but they also turned out to be adult-proof and I had to cut them off :bigsmile:

HAHA Made my day!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Looks good. Smart choice. Very smart.

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
wow. those actually look nice. I have just started doing research on something to replace our laminate. I was looking at those tiles that look like wood because sadly I live with slobs and animals too. haha. I will have to look into this vinyl.

azstonie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Matata!

I have luxury vinyl planks and I LOVELOVELOVE them. I recommended them a few years ago to a really finicky friend of mine, then I was sorry I did because I wasn't sure she was going to be happy with ANYTHING.

She loves the floor.

In my next home it'll be vinyl luxury planks too. I had Pergo before this. It was okay, but I don't like it as much as I like the vinyl planks.

I have a really pretty travertine look in my master suite.

Your floors came out great! Congrats!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lovely! Totally love the cat tree...

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful floors! And I love your kitty-proofing solution!

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ecf8503|1430426786|3870255 said:
Totally love the cat tree...

Cat tree came from http://www.greatlakespetfurniture.com/ Worth every penny. I like the large base which keeps it from tipping. I did have to reinforce the leaves because when my 2 biggest hit it at the same time, that's 41 pounds of cat hitting with the force of a hurricane. It's never tipped over. It's difficult to find sturdy trees for large cats.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
So pretty! We have sheet vinyl that looks like wood in the basement and we like it-that's our plan for the main floor too.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Floors look great, and I like your stove too!

Kroshka

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1430494968|3870569 said:
Floors look great, and I like your stove too!

Kroshka

It's nice to see you again! Tell Mr. Kroshka "hello". Or, if it makes him happier -- matata's tatas say "whasup." :bigsmile:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really pretty, what a great choice! You have a lovely home.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, Matata, with this new floor, do you have to worry about furniture making dents that are permanent? It is truly beautiful!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it! Very pretty...hoping it holds up against all those "slobs"! :lol:

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luv2sparkle|1430619302|3871386 said:
So, Matata, with this new floor, do you have to worry about furniture making dents that are permanent? It is truly beautiful!

No dents and it's darn hard to scratch too. When I brought a sample home, I took a steak knife to it and had to saw pretty darn hard to make a scratch that was easily visible.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awesome! I will have to look into this flooring for my home. I have lusted over wood floors for years but we have a pool in the back and frankly, I am a bit of a slob when it comes to water. I seem to get it everywhere , no matter how careful I feel I am being.

The new floors look AMAZING in your home. I hope you love them every day!

I think you need to post some more pics, though...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Did you look at many products before you decided? If your floor "spongy"? How did you decide manufacturer?? Do you mind sharing the price point?

We "suddenly" need new flooring in an area that this just might work and appreciate your input!

cheers--Sharon

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1430832054|3872368 said:
HI:

Did you look at many products before you decided? If your floor "spongy"? How did you decide manufacturer?? Do you mind sharing the price point?

We "suddenly" need new flooring in an area that this just might work and appreciate your input!

cheers--Sharon

I looked at Armstrong, Mannington and many others. Was going to go w/Mannington in acacia until the vendor I was working with recommended Core Tech (http://www.usfloorsllc.com/products/coretec-plus/). It's a fairly new product and I was hesitant to buy it because the reviews when the product first came out were mixed. The company has since revamped its manufacturing process and no more problems (the planks would sometimes lift on the ends).

Floor is not spongy. Can't remember price per square foot. Some places are selling it online for $5.23 sq. ft. We have a 2778 sq ft home and installed vinyl in approx 1500 sq ft for a cost of $12,464 which included the labor and painting and installation of all new moulding.

They just finished today. Will take pictures after the house is cleaned tomorrow. So far I love it. It's much quieter than other solid surface flooring, looks pretty darn realistic IMHO. I've moved furniture over it using my drag and drop method and no scratches or dents.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
All done!

living_0.jpg

dining_2.jpg

cats_room.jpg

_29982.jpg

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

powder_room.jpg