shape
carat
color
clarity

New addiction

justginger

Ideal_Rock
First things started innocently enough with a few Lora Zombie prints (well...four...so I guess I was doomed from the beginning :lol: ).

Then the bar was raised considerably with a 3:45 am alarm to ensure I would be online when her sketchbook went up for sale. This resulted in my obtaining 2 original sketches, about 8" square.

And now...my first original, full sized (and I do mean full sized - it's nearly 5 feet!) Lora Zombie original painting!! :bigsmile: :appl: :bigsmile:

At this rate, I'll have spent more money on LZ artwork in 2013 than on jewelry! :o :o :o

This was the very first painting of Lora's that I loved the instant I saw it, felt such a connection to it. I assumed the original had been sold for some time, but serendipitously was on FB when she announced a Cali gallery was selling some of her originals. I popped on to see what they had...

And there it was. Waiting for me.

I swear I could hear Enerchi in my head. Do it...do it...do it. It wasn't an expense I had anticipated, but honestly, how many people have the opportunity to own the very first piece of artwork they admired by an artist they adore? I couldn't resist, and consider myself very fortunate to have nabbed this. My hesitation was only a split second -- and good thing, because the gallery owner let me know that he had received a good number of enquiries, but mine was FIRST. :))

So here she is. Society and the Unicorn:

societyandtheunicorn.jpg

I love what this painting looks like, and I love what it means.

"Always be yourself. Unless you can be a unicorn. Then always be a unicorn." -- The Last Unicorn

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I swear I could hear Enerchi in my head. Do it...do it...do it. It wasn't an expense I had anticipated, but honestly, how many people have the opportunity to own the very first piece of artwork they admired by an artist they adore? I couldn't resist, and consider myself very fortunate to have nabbed this. My hesitation was only a split second -- and good thing, because the gallery owner let me know that he had received a good number of enquiries, but mine was FIRST.

Too funny!! I am glad my influence has spread so far into your psyche that you were able to act on that impulse and just go for it!!!
049.gif
YAY!! you!!! (and ... yay me for being so "all powerful" Muah ha ha.... rubs hands together and lets out an evil cackle... "my plan is working, my pretty...." :twisted:)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very cool! I'm the kind of person who would have hesitated and blown it. :nono:

Being on top of things paid off big time! Congrats!

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a nice piece of art and likely an investment piece as well. Congratulations!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1379986333|3526010 said:
That's a nice piece of art and likely an investment piece as well. Congratulations!

I'll be sure to tell my husband that! :praise: :wink2:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
OOhhh....I love it! I hadn't heard of her until your previous post about her artwork and getting up at 3:45am to nab some. But then I went and looked and fell in love! I think there will definitely be at least one of her prints in my house soon!

Well done! :appl:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Oh hooray for orginals!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Perhaps I'm of an old mind set but I think there is something so romantic about having the actual original vs a screen print or other recreated version. Enjoy Ginger!!!!!!!!!!!!! AFWIW I loved the Last Unicorn!!! It was such a great movie.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1380022546|3526222 said:
OOhhh....I love it! I hadn't heard of her until your previous post about her artwork and getting up at 3:45am to nab some. But then I went and looked and fell in love! I think there will definitely be at least one of her prints in my house soon!

Well done! :appl:

I think her work is so beautiful, both in appearance and meaning. Some of it is happy fluff, some of it is very thought provoking. I have been blabbing about her everywhere. :oops: I think two coworkers how have purchased prints, as have my parents, lol. My parents got this one, which I know the animal lovers of PS would appreciate:

Sarah - I completely agree. I am enamoured with the idea of having her REAL work in my house. She has a video of the making of her sketchbook, all around St. Petersburg. I dragged DH in front of the computer to see how she had been perched on the edge of a rooftop, overlooking the city as she did my "Shh Shh Shh" sketch. :lol: (This is it: http://vimeo.com/73150345)

I intend to have a Lora Zombie wall, in which the prints will occupy space until the next original that grabs on to my heartstrings replaces them. Or until I'm penniless and have no wall on which to hang them!

alldogs.jpeg

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love it!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: Just beautiful!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results