shape
carat
color
clarity

Neil, do you miss your marquise?

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Niel. I hope you don't mind being put on the spot but I wanted to ask you about your marquise. I read that you gave it to your mom, very sweet of you. But, when you had it, did it make a good rhr? What did you love or dislike about it? I have the opportunity to pick one up for Xmas and the setting is a lot like yours. It's a .80 center with the baguette stones. I was wondering if it provided good finger coverage? I wear a size 6 and am in the fence bc I feel it looks kind of thin, but at the same time I totally like the vintage look of it. Hope to hear about your experience.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ha! Yes I miss it so badly! I'm planning to spend my PS winnings on another one! Every time my mom comes over I stare at it always make her let me clean it.

What did I love about it? Great finger coverage, so finger flattering, no one in my age group has a mq shape (most dont even know what its called!),the setting was a classic, and it actually got more compliments than my e ring does. A lot of people at my work are in the age range that they have mqs for engagement rings, so people made comments about it often. My mom says people comment about it to her all the time too.

I think like most shapes its all about the individual stone, and how you feel about the shape. But do I miss it? Golly yes! Lol. Ma is lucky I love her.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for replying, Niel. I think that you just enabled me.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1417484940|3793621 said:
Thanks for replying, Niel. I think that you just enabled me.... :dance: :dance: :dance:

That's what I'm here for !

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Marquises are AMAZING. Buy one. Buy it! :wink2: Obviously make sure it doesn't have a bow tie. And the right proportions are pretty key too.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results