shape
carat
color
clarity

Need your advice...best size pear side stones for my ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
I have a 1.29ct round solitaire that I am "thinking" about getting re-set into a setting with pear side stones. I already have an inherited round 3-stone ring so I am thinking about having the center stone in a 6 prong setting, set a bit higher than the sides. I want the center stone to stand out a bit more than in a traditional 3 stone setting. What proportion side stones do you think would be best? I definitely want pears. Does anyone know where I can find a picture of what I am describing?
1.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if I have seen a 3 stone with pears in a 6 prong, not saying it can't be done mind you
9.gif
it seems to be 4 prongs usually.

Anyway, here is Virginia's Ring for you to look at to see if it helps.

Also

There are various ideas as to the proportions of the pears to rounds, Kristy's round is 3.56 if I remember rightly and the pears are about 1 ct each. In Virginia's thread it might say the proportions of hers too to give you an idea. Kaleigh also has a lovely 3 stone, her centre is well over 2 carats - about 2.3 thereabouts I think. She might see this thread and chime in.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 11:00:05 AM
Author: Lorelei
I don''t know if I have seen a 3 stone with pears in a 6 prong, not saying it can''t be done mind you
9.gif
it seems to be 4 prongs usually.

Anyway, here is Virginia''s Ring for you to look at to see if it helps.

Also https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/kristydarlings-3-stone-by-leon-mege.44363/

There are various ideas as to the proportions of the pears to rounds, Kristy''s round is 3.56 if I remember rightly and the pears are about 1 ct each. In Virginia''s thread it might say the proportions of hers too to give you an idea. Kaleigh also has a lovely 3 stone, her centre is well over 2 carats - about 2.3 thereabouts I think. She might see this thread and chime in.
Thanks Lorelei,
I have seen it done with 6 prongs, but not something you see very much. Anyway, if you like this look for a 1.29 center stone I''d go with .20 pears each or maybe even .25 each. So a total weight of .40, or .50 should be a nice look. I''d probably go with .20 sides myself, but hard to say. My sides are .34 each and my center stone is 2.36. HTH good luck.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with Lisa. I was just at Tiffany''s and tried on several 3 stone''s with pear sides with different size center stones. I''d say .20 or .25''s nothing much bigger or they look to large next to the center stone, unless you want the ring to look more 3 stone like and less like a round with pear accents...

widget

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 11:55:34 AM
Author: mrssalvo
.... I''d say .20 or .25''s nothing much bigger or they look to large next to the center stone, unless you want the ring to look more 3 stone like and less like a round with pear accents...
I agree too!

I love the proportions of KristyDarling''s ring: 3.56ct center, roughly .57 pears (each). Any math types out there? (I''m really retarded) What size would Girlrocks pears be (center stone 2.20) to have a look like KD''s??

widget

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2006 12:16:43 PM
Author: widget
Date: 8/17/2006 11:55:34 AM

Author: mrssalvo

.... I''d say .20 or .25''s nothing much bigger or they look to large next to the center stone, unless you want the ring to look more 3 stone like and less like a round with pear accents...

I agree too!

I love the proportions of KristyDarling''s ring: 3.56ct center, roughly .57 pears (each). Any math types out there? (I''m really retarded) What size would Girlrocks pears be (center stone 2.20) to have a look like KD''s??

widget

I''d say she''d need Leon to make it
3.gif
2.gif
. seriously, pear side proportions are hard for me so I''d be inclided to have the person making the setting help decide. Maybe in have a few matching sets in slightly different sizes to compare like Leon did for KD.

flopkins

Ideal_Rock
I have a center RB of .86 ct and sides of .25ct each.... but I didn''t want my center to stand out, I wanted them to be sized so that it looked like one big diamond shape bling.. if that makes sense.

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the great advice everyone. I definitely am trying to stay away from a totally 3 stone look simply because I have one already. That''s why I was thinking to have the center stone set up a bit higher. I haven''t ever seen one with a six prong setting though, and I don''t want it to look like an ''80''s ring either. Hopefully I can find a picture of what I''m looking for. I guess I will stick to around .25-.25 sides...sounds about right since my center stone is a little less than 1/2 the size of KristyDarling''s, that would make the side stones a little less than 1/2 the size of her''s (which I LOVE by the way and hope that my ring will "grow up" into that!!).

Thanks again for the help!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually Vatche makes a setting for a round center stone and it comes with the pear sides. Asscherisme has it, but she doesn''t have pictures posted here as far as I know. I''d love to see it because her stone is the same size as mine! I''m not sure if it is on the Vatche site now, but at one time they listed the sizes of the side stones for each size center stone.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
DS, isn''t her setting side baguettes?

K-mom has the vatche with pear sides too. she had some problems with vatche and had to have the prongs re-done. i''ll dig up her thread in a minute but the vatche sides are larger ratio''s than the Tiffany version.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
found k-mom''s thread..

here''s the thread about redoing the prongs..

here center is 1 carat with .50 pears (.25 each)

Lisa3.jpg

Girlrocks

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I think I found something very similar to what I am talking about. This one has trillions on the sides though and I would want pears. The center is 1.25 and the sides total about .75. What do you think???

7034.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/18/2006 8:41:29 AM
Author: Girlrocks
Ok, I think I found something very similar to what I am talking about. This one has trillions on the sides though and I would want pears. The center is 1.25 and the sides total about .75. What do you think???

I think the proportions look fine with the tillions. I personally am not a big fan of the side view of the setting you posted but wouldn''t really want 6 prongs with the basket setting for the sides. But if you love it, that''s what matters and it looks like a nice ring that shows the look you''re after.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results