shape
carat
color
clarity

Need vanity plate ideas!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm heading down to the DMV on Friday to get Billy Ray registered in this state and I need ideas for a good vanity plate.

So far I have:

IXXI (911)

IXIXI (991 - which is the model of 911 I have, but in this state you transfer plates from car to car so if I get a new one it won't be a 991 any more)

DSIXXI (Dee's 911)

36D CUP - my all time favorite, but it doesn't work with the state's rules... too bad because I would do this in a hearbeat!

So here are the state's rules:

Both letters and numbers
- Must have a space between letters and numbers
- Cannot intermix letters and numbers
- No space between numbers
OR
- Plates can have up to three numbers ONLY
- Up to seven letters ONLY

You all are a creative bunch -- I can't want to see your ideas!

***ETA - I just played with the order and I can get CUP D 36, or just D CUP***

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
BLLYRAY, of course! :D (or BILYRAY, but I think that one looks kinda weird)

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
vc10um|1366814628|3433660 said:

I can get BILY RAY, but BILLY RAY is too many characters.

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
vc10um said:

I was going to suggest the same, but as you mentioned if you ever trade in and transfer the new car will have a different name.

D CUP is cool, I'm sure you'll get oogled while driving "OMG a woman in a Porsche with giant boobies!" You might cause a few accidents :lol: I'm going to keep thinking about this....

iLander

Ideal_Rock
How about: U WISH

I like the IXXI though, that's awesome. :appl:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if the State will allow D CUP... The site says they will not allow obscene or offensive combinations. Hmmm... I don't find D CUP obscene OR offensive, and I can back it up (or *front* it up, as the case may be) with proof if they want it! :cheeky:

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1366815559|3433671 said:
vc10um|1366814628|3433660 said:

I can get BILY RAY, but BILLY RAY is too many characters.

See, that's why my suggestion works...there ARE only 7 characters! (I omitted the "i" in Billy...but it doesn't look like it...your eye totally tricks you!)

But with that trade/transfer thing if you ever set Billy Ray free...I can understand not wanting to use it!

What model year is Billy Ray? You could do that in roman numerals, too...

You could always do something like "ENVYME"...but that might get you shot in Chicago...

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Interesting about the eye tricking you with the missing "I"!

My car is a 991, which is IXIXI, but when I get the new model it won't be a 991, so then my plate won't work.

"U WISH" is taken, but I can get U WISH 28. Too bad I can't get U WISH 911 (only 2 numbers are allowed).

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm totally lovin DCUP

Recently I was behind a car that had the tag. SHTR BUG. ( it was a VW). I was shocked because I was reading "sh*tter bug". Then my daughter pointed out it was SHUTTER bug.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
So, let's get this straight; you have a fancy sports car and big "girls". You are smart and funny.

Are you just surrounded by men, or what? :cheeky: Do you have to beat them away with a stick? :D

I think with the D CUP plate, you're going to need a bigger stick!

Sorry if that's too direct, feel free to ignore.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aprilbaby, itsn't it funny how our brains interpret things?!

iLander -- too direct?!? You're talking to someone who wants a license plate that says "D CUP"! :lol: (And OH the temptation to take that "big stick" innuendo and run with is almost overwhelming!)

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
D COUPE ?

Assuming of course it is a coupe.

Plain reading for all but those you want to let in on the double meaning.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Dee*Jay|1366816042|3433678 said:
I wonder if the State will allow D CUP... The site says they will not allow obscene or offensive combinations. Hmmm... I don't find D CUP obscene OR offensive, and I can back it up (or *front* it up, as the case may be) with proof if they want it! :cheeky:

You just have to have a good rationale. We have a Ford F-250 that has BFT plates. We told the DMV it meant "Built Ford Tough."

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How do you explain it to the state? I.e., do you tell them when you request it (if you go there in person)? I do have to go there becuase I'm registering my car as well as requesting the vanity plate, and I don't think I can do the whole process via internet. What if the person at the counter says OK, but then someone else rejects the idea?

I can make up something convincing ("I'm engaged to a man named Andrew Cup so after our wedding next month I'll be Dee Cup." -- Perfectly logical!). Or, I can just wear a tank top to the DMV... :cheeky: No, never mind, that probably won't get them to sign off under the "this is not obscene" rule!

And D COUPE is very clever!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1366842685|3433975 said:
How do you explain it to the state? I.e., do you tell them when you request it (if you go there in person)? I do have to go there becuase I'm registering my car as well as requesting the vanity plate, and I don't think I can do the whole process via internet. What if the person at the counter says OK, but then someone else rejects the idea?

I can make up something convincing ("I'm engaged to a man named Andrew Cup so after our wedding next month I'll be Dee Cup." -- Perfectly logical!). Or, I can just wear a tank top to the DMV... :cheeky: No, never mind, that probably won't get them to sign off under the "this is not obscene" rule!

And D COUPE is very clever!
SMTBoobs :!: ...36 DEES.. ;))

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF, it kills me to say this, but 36 DEES is very clever! Won't work within the rules though...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

In keeping with the themes:

JSTBLO 38

34 2 LTL

36 D x 2

2 DBL DS

9 FSTDLST

ERCT CRCT? :cheeky:

Do my acronyms make sense?

cheers--Sharon :bigsmile:

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I saw the cutest vanity plate EVER here in Beverly Hills. If I ever move out of state, I'm copying it. It's ICUNIYQ. ("I see you and I like you").

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dee*Jay|1366844397|3433989 said:
DF, it kills me to say this, but 36 DEES is very clever! Won't work within the rules though...
why not?.. :confused: 2 #s space then 4 letters.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1366846983|3433999 said:
Dee*Jay|1366844397|3433989 said:
why not?.. :confused: 2 #s space then 4 letters.

Must be letters first, then numbers.

System is a PITA!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sharon -- very clever!

Athena - is "Y" like? I didn't know that!

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Okay, how about

UNVME

ICUQT

or just

WINKY

Just tryin to get you that stick, DeeJay ;-)

:D

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
UB6 IB9

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Dancing Fire|1366851966|3434048 said:

:shock: :shock:

I think my mouth just fell open there for a minute.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like DSIXXI. BLLYRAY would be cool but people might think some guy named Billy owns your cool car. :appl:

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
I don't have any suggestions other than the ones already posted, but just wanted to add that I have vanity plates and I love them! :) I hope you can come up with something that you love. When I was in school for audio engineering and trying to get into sound design, I tried to get SND FX but it was taken. So, I was pretty happy years later when my nickname was available (without vowels). :Up_to_something:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ODEEZDS

I'm not sure how you'd explain that one to DMV though -- unless you could claim that it refers to you and a family whose names both begin with D?

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
XXXVID

Even less likely to make it past the DMV than 36 D - and folks might mistake you for a **** star! (I might be easier to just ask for "36 D" - I mean, how "racy" is a bra size anyway?)

30 60 - "reads" 36 - D! Surely someone could come up with a good cover story for that one!? (Not just for DMV, but also for the random stranger who might as who you might not want to tell the truth :wink2: )

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results