shape
carat
color
clarity

NCAA Tourney?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Anyone following? Who are your picks?

saturn

Shiny_Rock
I''m following it. My family has our own mini-pool where we each put in 50 cents and the winner takes the entire $2.50!

I don''t have my bracket in front of me, but I picked Duke, UCLA, UConn and Boston College for the Final Four, and I picked Duke vs. UConn for the Finals with UConn winning it all.

So far I''ve missed a couple of games, but not anything too disastrous.

Anyone else?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All I''m following is the scores--my husband bought a square for me this year so I''m hoping to win big, ha ha! He''s sitting in the sports book at the Wynn hotel in Vegas right now watching the tournament. Good luck to everyone, and remember, there''s always Gamblers Anonymous if you lose your a**!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hah! I was going to start a thread about this - glad you beat me to it.

MARCH IS MADNESS in our house. It starts with the ACC tournement. We get tickets to that when in NC - it''s mad intense fun. Then the pic show starts Sunday night - was a tad disappointed that they didn''t take another team from the ACC - Fl. State can play some ball. But, my Wolfpack (NC State) got a bid on a way bad end of season.

I HAD - Iowa, BC, UCLA, NC (can''t help it - I fill my bracket with my heart and not my head). NC looked good in the last of the second half of the BC game. If they can learn from that game, they could have a shot. Sometimes youth can lead to "don''t know no better" & less nerves.

Now, since Iowa lost in a heartbreaker - I have Duke, BC, UCLA, NC. I''d love to insert NC State instead of Duke; but, the reality is the reality. Though, if the REAL NC State shows up then they could advance with the rest of going home early from the ACC & the kids are healthy again. Duke isn''t playing their best ball right now. BC has to take the game up a notch in the beginning of the game - they always start sleepy.

Oh well, I can''t get enough of it. I clear my schedule - watch the ball on TV & have my computer connected to the NCAA scoreboard.

May the best team win as long as it''s an ACC team
2.gif
9.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
NC State won me some money today. So did West Virginia. I''m not jumping on the UCLA bandwagon - they have zero significant wins this season (though they are clearly in the easiest bracket out of the four - I actually had Marquette taking them out in round 2, but Marquette screwed me on that one). I went to a UCLA game and saw them play West Virginia in January - it was embarrassing. They looked like high school compared to WV. My final four are Duke, UConn, Pitt, and Villanova. Duke''s bracket it the toughest - so many TOUGH teams (Duke, Texas, LSU, WV).

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dang, I still haven't won anything! Our "squares" are set up so that if I will win a pre-determined amount for any game with a winner score ending in "4" and a loser score ending in "7." None of the games have gone this way yet. His numbers are 6 and 5 and he hasn't won yet either, darn it. I am not even watching the games, I just follow the scores on the ncaa website...this stuff is too stressful for me. I'm gonna be pretty pi**ed if I don't win--hubby bought a sqaure for me for $200, and that's money I could've spent toward some diamond jewelry, for pete's sake! OTOH, if I actually end up winning I'll have more than the initial buy-in amount for jewelry, lol! Arrrgh, this is why I'm not with him in Vegas right now--I hate gambling!
20.gif
9.gif

ETA: Congrats on your winnings, LAJennifer!
36.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
NC State can beat Texas. If they show up, State''s the kind of team that''s a real Nat to Texas. Having followed Wolfpack basketball for decades - never discount this team. And, they are usually unfavored - so the odds are good
2.gif
Sendek is a good program coach - but not a good game coach - but he rises to occassion in the big games - it was a good sign that he was mixing it up with the freshmen. Cam Bennerman is the most under-rated player in the ACC. His family is always at the games & he has nerves of steel. Entivmov is still playing tenative ball. Astur is on some other planet - he needs to get a mitt and get in the game.

I never discount UCLA for the simple reason they have been a dynasty. A little tidbit - to futher push my Wolfpack agenda
2.gif
- it was the 1974 NC State team (with Thompson & Burleson sp?) that ended the UCLA dynasty.
2.gif
36.gif
Admittedly, I don''t know much about this team.

I didn''t think UConn looked good against Albany. Maybe Ohio State is asleep - but, too me - they are the one''s who don''t deserve their #2 seed - same with TN.

I don''t think any of the #1 seeds are playing their best ball. Fl., BC (when they wake up), - call me crazy - Georgetown keeps getting better and better with each game.

Again, may the best team win as long as it''s an ACC team!
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and I agree with Villanova. They played well against Monmouth (under-rated team)

Pitt has disappointed me in the past. I don''t think they have the heart that it takes.

We are going to have to agree to disagree with UConn. But, only a little time will tell
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 10:24:06 AM
Author: fire&ice
NC State can beat Texas. If they show up, State''s the kind of team that''s a real Nat to Texas. Having followed Wolfpack basketball for decades - never discount this team. And, they are usually unfavored - so the odds are good
2.gif
Sendek is a good program coach - but not a good game coach - but he rises to occassion in the big games - it was a good sign that he was mixing it up with the freshmen. Cam Bennerman is the most under-rated player in the ACC. His family is always at the games & he has nerves of steel. Entivmov is still playing tenative ball. Astur is on some other planet - he needs to get a mitt and get in the game.

Yep, I have NC State taking out TX in my bracket (fingers crossed).

I never discount UCLA for the simple reason they have been a dynasty

True about the dynasty - but their current record is not good againts other teams in this very tournament. Losses to Memphis, West Virginia, Washington twice, California. Now they also beat California, but Cal''s team is high school bad with the exception of Leon Powe. True that UCLA beats the pants off of crappy teams, but up against good teams - they lose. They have a great coach (used to be at Pitt) who likes to play Big East style ball, but right now they are a young team lacking in experience and size. I think they have a good shot next year, perhaps. The Pac 10 is WEAK this year and if I were going to jump on any team in the Pac 10 it would be Washington (and I have them losing in round 2). A little tidbit - to futher push my Wolfpack agenda
2.gif
- it was the 1974 NC State team (with Thompson & Burleson sp?) that ended the UCLA dynasty.
2.gif
36.gif
Admittedly, I don''t know much about this team.

I didn''t think UConn looked good against Albany.

Glad I didn''t put money on that game - UConn didn''t cover the spread. Anything can happen, but in my opinion, they are the most talented team in this tournament. They have 5 potential first round picks for the NBA and their bench runs DEEP. Their coaching is very disciplined and first rate. But we all know there will be upsets at tournament time. I would hate to see them lose early.

Maybe Ohio State is asleep - but, too me - they are the one''s who don''t deserve their #2 seed agreed - same with TN agreed and neither does UCLA.

I don''t think any of the #1 seeds are playing their best ball. Fl., BC (when they wake up), - call me crazy - Georgetown keeps getting better and better with each game. I have Georgetown going to the elite 8 - then losing to Nova.

Again, may the best team win as long as it''s an ACC team!
2.gif
Good luck to you and all your picks!

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 10:27:02 AM
Oh, and I agree with Villanova. They played well against Monmouth (under-rated team) I have Villanova winning the whole thing. Though I think UConn might upset them.

Pitt has disappointed me in the past. I don''t think they have the heart that it takes. I feel you about Pitt. I''m wishy washy on them, but they are in the Easy, Easy Oakland bracket - you know the one that was hand picked for UCLA to excel. Pitt is clearly the toughest team in that bracket. They had the toughest schedule and the most wins against good teams. Memphis'' schedule was pretty weak all season, but the won a lot. We''ll see.

We are going to have to agree to disagree with UConn. But, only a little time will tell
2.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Hey girl got game! I enjoy your commentary! I didn''t really give it a thought - but you are correct - Oakland is an EASY bracket.

There was quite a bit of talk that NC State was punished for their bad performance in the stretch & put in the Atlanta bracket playing the matchups they have to face.

I still like the spirit of BC. That is one fun team to watch. I have them beating Villanova - but ya just never know. And, got love what Roy Williams has done with NC. I really am an ACC girl all the way. I''ll even pull for Duke.
3.gif

10 hours of basketball and plan on watching it all!
9.gif
That''s why I have my computer on line - can follow all the games at NCAAsports.com - really helps when the games get going around 3:30.

Do you know what the point spread on the ACC tourney games - BC/Carolina? Duke/BC? Heard a guy on the cell phone in concession line placing a hefty sum on BC.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 1:35:32 PM
Hey girl got game! I enjoy your commentary! I didn''t really give it a thought - but you are correct - Oakland is an EASY bracket.

There was quite a bit of talk that NC State was punished for their bad performance in the stretch & put in the Atlanta bracket playing the matchups they have to face.

I still like the spirit of BC. That is one fun team to watch. I have them beating Villanova - but ya just never know. And, got love what Roy Williams has done with NC. I really am an ACC girl all the way. I''ll even pull for Duke.
3.gif

10 hours of basketball and plan on watching it all!
9.gif
That''s why I have my computer on line - can follow all the games at NCAAsports.com - really helps when the games get going around 3:30.

Do you know what the point spread on the ACC tourney games - BC/Carolina? Duke/BC? Heard a guy on the cell phone in concession line placing a hefty sum on BC. I''m sorry but I don''t know. you can check current lines at pinnaclesports.com (where I place my bets). BC is fun to watch - they used to be in the Big East and still have that BE flavor. You know from listening to your commentary, I bet you would really enjoy watching West Virginia. They play tomorrow against Northwestern State. They play a very unusual 1-3-1 defense, and everyone on the floor can drop the 3s. When they are playing their best, I really feel they can beat anybody but sometimes they go cold from the floor - and when they do that they can lose to anybody. They are a really fun team to watch - 2 of the best players in all the tournament - Kevin Pittsnogle (whose name has become a verb, as in "you got Pittsnogled". He is a tatooed 6''11" center, who prefers to shoot outside the perimeter. He is also a new father and his wife brings the baby to all the games (so cute). And also Mike Gansey - totally looks like a sissy, but that kid comes out of nowhere to block shots and drop threes. I saw him go man to man with Jordan Farmar of UCLA, and well I guess you could say that Farmar got "Ganseyed". He seems to be the heart and soul of the Mountaineer team. And they have this german guy, Herber, who is dashingly handsome
30.gif
. I have a major crush on this whole team. I have them losing to Duke in my bracket - but this is one team I would LOVE to see go all the way, even if it screws up my bracket and costs me money.
36.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I do follow WVa ball. They always play a few ACC games - and have played State. They play much like an ACC team. I have a State/W.VA in the sweet 16 w/ State prevailing - got to support my homeys.

Oh, and BC isn''t playing Big East ball anymore.
2.gif
They are playing ACC ball now.
2.gif
I have to give credit to Skinner - they were getting beaten early in the season by most conference teams including State. He has them playing our game now - whatever that rhytum may be. In fact, you really saw that starting with the overtime Pack/BC reg season game. And, in the tourney they played great ACC ball with their own style. Though, they still can''t get around the ACC "charge" call. We have some great actors that can draw that call.
2.gif
11.gif
They seem like they would be "thugs"; but, they play really clean ball. I ddin''t think I would like the addition of Miami & BC - but I do. It made for a long conference Tourney - but for the better.

I hear ya about UCLA of late - but old feelings run deep. When hubby came with me to LA one year, he had to drive to the mecca that is Pawley Pavillion.
9.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 3:22:49 PM
I do follow WVa ball. They always play a few ACC games - and have played State. They play much like an ACC team. I have a State/W.VA in the sweet 16 w/ State prevailing - got to support my homeys. OMG, I have NC State and WV in the sweet 16 too! But I gotta support the WV Pittsnogles! I can''t believe I found a kindred spirit on Pricescope - I really didn''t think there would be anyone interested in the Tourney. Actually kind of surprised no fellas have joined this thread.

Oh, and BC isn''t playing Big East ball anymore.
2.gif
They are playing ACC ball now.
2.gif
I have to give credit to Skinner - they were getting beaten early in the season by most conference teams including State. He has them playing our game now - whatever that rhytum may be. In fact, you really saw that starting with the overtime Pack/BC reg season game. And, in the tourney they played great ACC ball with their own style. Though, they still can''t get around the ACC ''charge'' call. We have some great actors that can draw that call.
2.gif
11.gif
They seem like they would be ''thugs''; but, they play really clean ball. I ddin''t think I would like the addition of Miami & BC - but I do. It made for a long conference Tourney - but for the better.

I hear ya about UCLA of late - but old feelings run deep. When hubby came with me to LA one year, he had to drive to the mecca that is Pawley Pavillion.
9.gif
Oh, yes that place has history. And, John Wooden still attends every game.

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I went to that site for the spread - pardon my complete ignorance - but how do I read the spread? They have Texas -6-107 & State +6-103. What does that mean?
33.gif

That being said - I hope the Wolfpack doesn''t disappoint you. We joke around here that "It''s not easy being a Wolfpack fan." The key will be to play their defense w/o picking up fouls head on & ACTUALLY MAKE their 3 pointers - which they are MORE than CAPABLE of doing. Cept Reddick who can hit a FLEA on the broad side of a barn for Duke - NC State is notorious for putting down the three''s. Entimov needs to be less tenuous on his ankle injury. Wolfpack calling Astur - please return to the line up.
2.gif
They do have a pretty deep bench. When on their game, all can score. Herb seems to have sequestered the team. No one has heard a peep from them. Hopefully, it will give them the focus they have been missing. But this is March Madness - anything can happen.

Hah - Kindred spirits - diamonds & college hoops. I do have plenty of red (ruby) and white (diamond) jewelry - sick as that is.
3.gif
Wish more people would have an interest. The greatest moment in our history was lived vicariously through my nephew last year. He''s attends Carolina. He turned 21 last year in St. Louis with center court tickets watching his Tarheels win the NCAA Championship. That''s a moment! And, to show my age, we were on Hillsborough Street at the Brickyard the night NC State beat Phi Slamma Jamma for the 1983 NCAA championship! To add to the insanity - there is a scene in the movie "Diner" where the night before her wedding the bride had to take a test about the Baltimore Colts. I had to name all Wolfpack Basketball coaches in succession.
2.gif

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/18/2006 5:12:44 PM
I went to that site for the spread - pardon my complete ignorance - but how do I read the spread? They have Texas -6-107 & State +6-103. What does that mean?
33.gif
It took me a couple of bets to figure it out - the second number is the money line. -107 means that if you bet $10, you risk $10.70. Now if the money line was +107, then if you wagered $10, you would win $10.70. Does that make sense?

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don''t even want to talk about my pack.
39.gif

Tarheels never should have lost that game; but, they had failure & meltdown in every aspect of their game cept David Noel - though he couldn''t rally support.

Was it me or were the officals really hard on Pitt? I don''t think it was a deciding factor - but certainly a contributing one.

LAJennifer

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/20/2006 11:52:57 AM
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif
39.gif

I don''t even want to talk about my pack.
39.gif

Tarheels never should have lost that game; but, they had failure & meltdown in every aspect of their game cept David Noel - though he couldn''t rally support.

Was it me or were the officals really hard on Pitt? I don''t think it was a deciding factor - but certainly a contributing one.
Pitt screwed me - Royally! Thank god I didn''t have money on that game (I would have, but I didn''t place any bets for yesterday). The officials were hard on them though. I''m crying about NC - had them going to the Elite 8. Uuugghh . . . tournaments! Go Mountaineers!

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
I''m sure everyone''s bracket is busted. All bets off.

But, my heart ....

Go GMU!
6.gif

Go LSU & Big Baby!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2006 5:35:13 PM
I''m sure everyone''s bracket is busted. All bets off.

But, my heart ....

Go GMU!
6.gif

Go LSU & Big Baby!
yup yup
i hope history is made today...
go george mason!
36.gif

and i''d love to see big baby and the tigers roll over ucla
19.gif
19.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results