shape
carat
color
clarity

Nasty Women Vote!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Senator Elizabeth Warren called out a battle cry today, "Nasty women vote!". In fact, she said more than that. First she said, about Donald Trump, “he thinks that because he has a mouthful of Tic Tacs that he can force himself on any woman within groping distance...Women have had it with guys like you.” Then she added: “Nasty women have really had it with guys like you.”
...​
“Nasty women are tough. Nasty women are smart. And nasty women vote,” Ms. Warren said, her voice building. “We nasty women are going to march our nasty feet to cast our nasty votes to get you out of our lives forever.”

AGBF

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477347682|4090183 said:
Janet Jackson pinned the tail on the donkey back in 1986. The Donald is always late to the party and clueless.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSLz0YYsJHA
BAHAHAHAHA - I IMMEDIATELY thought of "Ms. Jackson if you're nasty" when I saw the thread title! BAHAAHAHAHAHA

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
PintoBean|1477348233|4090188 said:
Janet Jackson pinned the tail on the donkey back in 1986. The Donald is always late to the party and clueless.

BAHAHAHAHA - I IMMEDIATELY thought of "Ms. Jackson if you're nasty" when I saw the thread title! BAHAAHAHAHAHA

Great minds think alike! Paula Abdul is in that video, about 2/3 of the way through, sitting in the movie theater, mega bangs and all. Ahhh, the memories... :lol:

My friends and I grew up very sheltered, but during my Catholic school years (1-3 grade) I remember listening to Madonna's Like a Virgin and all kinds of Janet Jackson on boomboxes/cassette tapes on the playground. We hadn't been told what it meant that Mary was a virgin, so we didn't even know what we were listening to. But we thought we were preeeetty cool. ;)) One time I got in trouble for wearing light green nail polish to school. THE HORROR! I never HAVE learned how to conform. Been a nasty woman from day 1!

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1477349608|4090197 said:
PintoBean|1477348233|4090188 said:

Great minds think alike! Paula Abdul is in that video, about 2/3 of the way through, sitting in the movie theater, mega bangs and all. Ahhh, the memories... :lol:

My friends and I grew up very sheltered, but during my Catholic school years (1-3 grade) I remember listening to Madonna's Like a Virgin and all kinds of Janet Jackson on boomboxes/cassette tapes on the playground. We hadn't been told what it meant that Mary was a virgin, so we didn't even know what we were listening to. But we thought we were preeeetty cool. ;)) One time I got in trouble for wearing light green nail polish to school. THE HORROR! I never HAVE learned how to conform. Been a nasty woman from day 1!
Well then call me DOUBLE trouble cuz I've got Essie's mint candy apple on my fingers and toes! Granted my index fingers are chipped from tugging at dandelion roots in the dirt :lol:

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see I'm in good company being part of the nasty women club!

Monnie, Now I can't get Janet Jackson songs out of my head! Wasnt Paula Abdul also in the " What Have You Done for Me Lately" video?

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pintobean, girrrl you need to wear gloves--don't mess up that NASTY manicure!

Callie, Paula was in a bunch of JJ videos. I think she did the choreography for a lot of them, even the ones she didn't appear in. All the years I was in dance classes were the ones from that era and the early 90s, so I remember their music from a LOT of recitals!

Ksinger, what a clever video. I thought it would just be a perfume you could use to keep the Donald from grabbing you in the pussy.
:lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1477347278|4090178 said:
Senator Elizabeth Warren called out a battle cry today, "Nasty women vote!". In fact, she said more than that. First she said, about Donald Trump, “he thinks that because he has a mouthful of Tic Tacs that he can force himself on any woman within groping distance...Women have had it with guys like you.” Then she added: “Nasty women have really had it with guys like you.”
...​
“Nasty women are tough. Nasty women are smart. And nasty women vote,” Ms. Warren said, her voice building. “We nasty women are going to march our nasty feet to cast our nasty votes to get you out of our lives forever.”

AGBF

The bold part about marching our nasty feet to cast our nasty votes make me so FREAKING PROUD today. I am going to happily cast my nasty vote for HRC and hope that Trump goes away forever. :appl: :appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
lovedogs|1477368749|4090305 said:
Senator Elizabeth Warren called out a battle cry today, "Nasty women vote!". In fact, she said more than that.
...​

The bold part about marching our nasty feet to cast our nasty votes make me so FREAKING PROUD today. I am going to happily cast my nasty vote for HRC and hope that Trump goes away forever. :appl: :appl:

Women have had to fight for our rights. We should not forget it and let other women down. (I am not referring to Secretary Clinton here, although I do feel she has had a far harder time running for president because she is a woman.) I am referring to women whom men would be happy to throw under the bus whenever it is convenient.

Deb :wavey:

womenssuffage1.jpg

womenssuffrage3.jpg

womenssuffrage4.png

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1477391149|4090328 said:
lovedogs|1477368749|4090305 said:
Senator Elizabeth Warren called out a battle cry today, "Nasty women vote!". In fact, she said more than that.
...​

Women have had to fight for our rights. We should not forget it and let other women down. (I am not referring to Secretary Clinton here, although I do feel she has had a far harder time running for president because she is a woman.) I am referring to women whom men would be happy to throw under the bus whenever it is convenient.

Great pics Deb. And they highlight the irony of all the current women (and men) who are now throwing themselves under the voting bus, so to speak.

(My husband is also dealing with the "I refuse to vote because...purity issuses, I won't be responsible", on a forum he frequents.)

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
If voting is a right, then it should be okay for someone to exercise their right not to vote.
The decision to vote or not vote is a very personal one and people choose to do it or not do it for various reasons and all of which should be respected in my opinion. To me, a vote equates to a show of support for that particular candidate. If one does not support either candidate equally, what do you propose they do?
Wouldn't I be throwing myself under the bus if I voted for a candidate that I didn't support just because I was told that I had to cast a vote?
I do appreciate the pictures and I understand the value of having the ability to vote :appl: I'm not happy about my decision not to vote in the presidential election, but I wouldn't be happy about voting for either candidate either, so it's a lose-lose situation for someone like me. I will participate by voting in my state elections.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477406365|4090397 said:
If voting is a right, then it should be okay for someone to exercise their right not to vote.
The decision to vote or not vote is a very personal one and people choose to do it or not do it for various reasons and all of which should be respected in my opinion. To me, a vote equates to a show of support for that particular candidate. If one does not support either candidate equally, what do you propose they do?
Wouldn't I be throwing myself under the bus if I voted for a candidate that I didn't support just because I was told that I had to cast a vote?
I do appreciate the pictures and I understand the value of having the ability to vote :appl: I'm not happy about my decision not to vote in the presidential election, but I wouldn't be happy about voting for either candidate either, so it's a lose-lose situation for someone like me. I will participate by voting in my state elections.

If you are voting in your state election, you are voting. Are there no candidates for federal office running in your district? No one running for The House or Senate?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I am referring to women whom men would be happy to throw under the bus whenever it is convenient.

And in today's society do you believe that does not go both ways. There are some very mean spirited women out there as well who are like minded.

Not politics. But a friend of my son. She just traded up "her words" because the new guy she met has more money and can buy her what she wants and take her on expensive vacations.

T judge awarded "her" the house and the kids and alimony and child support. And she was the one who cheated.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1477430766|4090510 said:

If you are voting in your state election, you are voting. Are there no candidates for federal office running in your district? No one running for The House or Senate?

Yes, I was referring to my lack of a vote for a presidential candidate, which typically draws a fair amount of criticism.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a nasty woman myself, I marched down to the polls today and voted for Momma Clinton, and I am proud of it!!

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the pictures Deb!!! Thank you for posting them. They belong in this thread!

You weren't alone Stracci. I was right there with you today!

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1477434415|4090521 said:
AGBF|1477430766|4090510 said:

Yes, I was referring to my lack of a vote for a presidential candidate, which typically draws a fair amount of criticism.

And deservedly so.

My question is why, if you don't like that criticism - and you clearly don't - you repeat that position in a forum where you've received criticism in the past. And repeat not just the fact that you aren't voting for president, which we all know by now, but your rationale and a bolded question that begs for an answer.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I understand the criticism and I'm fine with it. If others choose to criticize someone's right to vote (or not vote), then that's their prerogative. I respect someone's right to vote or not vote, nor do I care who they vote for.
But, since you've mentioned that everybody already knows that, I guess I'll visit other threads.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ruby59|1477431566|4090513 said:
I am referring to women whom men would be happy to throw under the bus whenever it is convenient.

And in today's society do you believe that does not go both ways. There are some very mean spirited women out there as well who are like minded.

Not politics. But a friend of my son. She just traded up "her words" because the new guy she met has more money and can buy her what she wants and take her on expensive vacations.

T judge awarded "her" the house and the kids and alimony and child support. And she was the one who cheated.

I would say that a lot more women are thrown under the bus than men. We don't punish people for cheating in divorce (otherwise I would have gotten a lot more).. we divide the assets, if she got alimony, it's called rehabilitative maintenance today btw, she only will receive it for a length of time (usually 5 years), if she has the kids more often and he makes more, then why shouldn't she get child support.

http://www.divorcenet.com/topics/alimony

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I would say that a lot more women are thrown under the bus than men. We don't punish people for cheating in divorce (otherwise I would have gotten a lot more).. we divide the assets, if she got alimony, it's called rehabilitative maintenance today btw, she only will receive it for a length of time (usually 5 years), if she has the kids more often and he makes more, then why shouldn't she get child support.

I do not live in a community property state. Here in Rhode Island it is called equitable distribution and there are factors that come into play when judgments are made.

And she makes more than he does because well, she was sleeping with the boss.

Oh, and by the way, her boss is a prominent divorce attorney in my home state.

And thanks to trade up, she now has a nanny to watch those kids while they jet off.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If one does not support either candidate equally, what do you propose they do?

Think real real hard.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1477565265|4091076 said:
BeekeeperBetty|1477501182|4090752 said:
I have my absentee ballot, and I'm looking forward to voting this year!

And for all of us women:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

WOW. :angryfire: :nono: :sick:

LLJsmom-

You made me look. I hadn't planned to. It made me very angry all over again. And very upset. I knew most of the incidents, although not all, but it was still upsetting to reread the list. That Trump has said all of this and still gotten to where he is today makes me feel that I, as a woman, have no value to much of the world. Otherwise, he would not be at the top of the heap.

I keep doing what I can for "the women's movement", though. And I already voted for Clinton.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AGBF|1477567502|4091079 said:
LLJsmom|1477565265|4091076 said:
BeekeeperBetty|1477501182|4090752 said:
I have my absentee ballot, and I'm looking forward to voting this year!

And for all of us women:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/women/politics/donald-trump-sexism-tracker-every-offensive-comment-in-one-place/

WOW. :angryfire: :nono: :sick:

LLJsmom-

You made me look. I hadn't planned to. It made me very angry all over again. And very upset. I knew most of the incidents, although not all, but it was still upsetting to reread the list. That Trump has said all of this and still gotten to where he is today makes me feel that I, as a woman, have no value to much of the world. Otherwise, he would not be at the top of the heap.

I keep doing what I can for "the women's movement", though. And I already voted for Clinton.

Deb, I agree. Half of the world's population is worth a lot less than the other half. I fear for women if he gets elected. I am fearful of how men will look at women, given the President of the United States think that a woman is a "piece of a$$", and those are the ones that he would value higher than others, based on their looks. :(sad If he looks at his own daughter that way, what hope does any other woman have?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe there are people are still confused as to who to vote for this election. I feel as if I'm in a surreal alternate universe where up is down, cold is hot, and insane is normal. I, for one, am looking forward to having our first woman president. It's about time and maybe it took having a crazy opponent to get her elected but so be it. Initially i might not have been super excited about having Clinton as our next president but compared to Trump you bet I'm super excited now. It's all relative no matter the situation.

img_13168.jpg

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1477569715|4091088 said:
I can't believe there are people are still confused as to who to vote for this election. I feel as if I'm in a surreal alternate universe where up is down, cold is hot, and insane is normal. I, for one, am looking forward to having our first woman president. It's about time and maybe it took having a crazy opponent to get her elected but so be it. Initially i might not have been super excited about having Clinton as our next president but compared to Trump you bet I'm super excited now. It's all relative no matter the situation.

I couldn't find the exact quote, but John Oliver had a great take on the undecided voter. It was something along the lines of you're on a flight and the steward comes over to ask what you'd like for dinner, roast chicken with a caper sauce, or a rare steak topped with ground glass, and you pause and then ask about the caper sauce.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results