shape
carat
color
clarity

Myers Briggs Personality Test

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I am curious as to the personality types on PS. Has anyone taken the Myers Briggs Personality Test?

I am a ENTJ at work and ENTF in my personal life based on a test I did 2 years ago. I don''t think we change that much since I got the same results 5 years ago and 10 years ago.

For those who haven''t taken the test, this one is pretty accurate.
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I did this test at law school last semester. I can't remember what result it gave me, I should go and look. I do remember thinking at the time that it didn't reflect anything I believed about myself, but some of the people in my group thought it was a pretty accurate reflection. Interestingly, the people who thought mine was accurate also thought that their own results were accurate while the one or two who thought it was garbage thought that theirs were too. Curious.

It stirred up quite a lot of heated debate at the time. I asked people from work who knew me pretty well both in a work and social setting what they thought (people familiar with the test) and they didn't think it was a good reflection at all. People who knew me less well (at law school) mostly thought it was with a few exceptions. My main impression of it was that it got a group of lawyers arguing...
3.gif

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Your Type is
ENFP
Strength of the preferences %:

Extraverted 89
Intuitive 25
Feeling 25
Perceiving 33

Whatever that means!

ETA cool, it says I'm a champion!! Woo hoo!
ETA2 jeez, this is pretty accurate.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I over-analyzed every question and I actually got nervous that I didn''t know how to answer a few questions the "right" way. What does that say about me?
40.gif

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I (67%)
S (1%)
T (50%)
J (22%)

Huh. Not really how I pegged myself. Wonder what that means?

ETA: I think I'm a different one at work, in social situations with people I like, in social situations with people I don't know...
ETA: now I'm wondering which questions mean which letters

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
MrsM, just for fun, I'd guess you to be INTP? I'm INFJ; Charmy, I guessed you to be INTJ before and Porridge I think the national character of Ireland is a toss-up between ENFP and INFJ. Anyway, interesting stuff! ETA, Yssie, I think you're a textbook INTJ!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/25/2010 5:39:02 AM
Author: sunseeker101
MrsM, just for fun, I''d guess you to be INTP? I''m INFJ; Charmy, I guessed you to be INTJ before and Porridge I think the national character of Ireland is a toss-up between ENFP and INFJ. Anyway, interesting stuff! ETA, Yssie, I think you''re a textbook INTJ!
Haha why? I''m curious

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Ah ha! Highly analytical, logical, even-tempered, a certain balance to your observations, the way you write sentences...etc. You can tell I''m a bit obsessed with this stuff
2.gif
I grew up with an INTJ so am very sensitive to the overall processing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's interesting Sunseeker, I can't say I've ever thought about it before. Possibly because the last questionnaire like this I took was way back in HS, when my 'career test' told me I'd make a good plumber
40.gif
A friend is interning at a psychiatric clinic and apparently they had them all take this myers briggs at the start.

Is this sort of personality typing (not sure what the proper terminology is) something you do professionally, if I may ask?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hm ... the last time I took this, I was an ENFJ: now, I''m an INFJ. I was around the midpoint both times, so I guess it''s just too close to call. What amuses me is that the first time, my type was called "The Professor," which is what I actually am. Now, I get "The Counselor." Career change?
41.gif

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Haha, plumbing isn''t much of a challenge to the average INTJ
2.gif
MBTI isn''t accepted as a valid way to gauge personality in psychology, even though it''s based on Jung''s musings. I''m studying psych and use MBTI as a crystallising agent for personal relationships and the wider world. I find it to be endlessly applicable anyway!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
SunSeeker; according to personalitypage.com, that makes you my ideal partner. You too Circe
31.gif

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
Hehe Porridge, it''s true, being able to work out prospective partner MBTI types years ago could have saved me from plenty of grief, I think!

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
I think this little questionnaire will be prefacing all future dates!

sunseeker101

Shiny_Rock
LOL, if you survive the response to an opening questionnaire like this one you''re probably well in there!
9.gif
Okay, de-hogging thread
2.gif

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
ENFJ - I''ve always been scored the same.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I fluctuate between ENTP and INTP - the NTP are very stable for me but when I'm a bit depressed OR in a super creative phase I tend to be more introverted (architect) but when I am feeling very in touch with the world I am more extroverted (inventor). Right now I am ENTP.

JSM

Brilliant_Rock
It told me I was an INTJ. I am reading the descriptions, and some of it seems pretty accurate.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What are you if you don''t have the attention span to finish the test?
9.gif

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never taken this before. I scored:

Your Type is
ESFJ

Extraverted 1
Sensing 50
Feeling 38
Judging 44

E B

Ideal_Rock
I''m an ENFP and my husband''s an INTJ, so we react to things pretty differently. However, I remember reading that an ENFP''s perfect match was an INTJ.
2.gif

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''m not one to take personality tests (I have a degree in experimental psychology, avoid the personality/clinical aspect of it) but I work with a couple clinicians who encouraged me to take the test. I was scored as an INTJ.

I guess I have some reservations about personality tests, in that you can score differently depending on if you are answering how you behave at work versus in your personal life. I also would not want people to feel they are limited by a judgment by a test, in that people can work or develop the weaker parts of themselves. In my interior life I feel like I am a more intuitive and sensing person, but that''s not how I test.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
intp

Introverted - 100
Intuitive - 25
Thinking - 75
Perceiving - 33

hawaiianorangetree

Ideal_Rock
A couple of years ago we were having some MAJOR personality issues in the research study I work in. We are a small group who work together closely so it was important that we all got along. We went and did a myer Briggs workshop that took a whole day to work out everyone personality types and then we had to workshop and role play it out so we could see And learn about the differences in personality.
About 2 weeks later an application on facebook popped up that took 5 minutes to complete and it gave me the exact same personality type.
From memory I am an INFP (if that''s even possible, it''s been a while!)

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I am an ESFJ.

From what I have read so far thats me in a nutshell! lol
9.gif

Off to do some more research. I''ll bet my DH is the complete opposite of me. I''ll ask him to do it when he comes home and I will report back!
35.gif

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never taken this test before today.

I am INTJ (apparently it''s very rare)

I was laughing while reading the description because it seems the very basis of my personality are the things that drive DH insane! ("maximum efficiency" and "reassignment") "the INTJ will expect inexhaustible reasonability and directness."

It also says that this type will tell you what they know and how you can apply it but they will also tell you what they DON''T know. That is very much me. They also have the "unusual trait of imagination and reliability." Definitely me.

"Do not feel bound by traditional rules and procedures."
"Anyone considered to be "slacking," including superiors, will lose their respect -- and will generally be made aware of this; INTJs have also been known to take it upon themselves to implement critical decisions without consulting their supervisors or co-workers. On the other hand, they do tend to be scrupulous and even-handed about recognizing the individual contributions that have gone into a project, and have a gift for seizing opportunities which others might not even notice."

These were my biggest hurdles when working. I''ve probably told every boss I''ve ever had when they were slacking and how they should work to improve it. And I often made critical decisions without even a consultation with a superior. I usually feel that if I''ve done the research, I know the best route. But, I''m the first to give credit where credit is due.

"many also find it useful to learn to simulate some degree of surface conformism in order to mask their inherent unconventionality."

Yup.

Now, I''m off to find out how DH stacks up with me. Apparently this is not a quirk of mine, to analyze everything, it''s my nature.
2.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
INTJ

I've taken the test a number of times in the last 15 years, including as part of a formal Myers-Briggs class, and always come up INTJ. I suspect I'm borderline ISTJ, but not enough to ever score that way.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder what my oldest daughter would test as? I think we are uncannily very similar. Her nickname at school is "future scientist".

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results